PDA

View Full Version : Log In Issues: Saturday, December 6th

Cordovan
12-05-2014, 09:18 PM
LATEST UPDATE: We will be restarting the game worlds shortly. We'll announce when the servers have reopened.

UPDATE: We will continue to investigate issues players are experiencing when logging in, zoning, joining LFMs, and other issues. We will update you as soon as we have more information.

Log in issues have been resolved, and we thank you for your patience. We'll see you in the game!

We are currently investigating log-in issues, and will keep you updated.

Dj_Fisty
12-05-2014, 09:22 PM

Please note that I am having some difficulty posting to the forums, so if you are so inclined keep up with us on Twitter or Facebook. Twitter.com/ddounlimited and facebook.com/ddounlimited.

Why the update server having issues after maintenance was run not that long ago .....

Chaimberland
12-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Why does this always happen on Friday night?

WatcherCCG
12-05-2014, 09:28 PM
You're probably having issues because the support website is getting hammered by tickets, Cordovan. I couldn't even get in to post one, myself.

btolson
12-05-2014, 09:29 PM

If you're going to restart the servers, please give us more than 30 seconds of warning beforehand this time.

bohdi
12-05-2014, 09:29 PM
N. Korean time 12/06/2014, 3:something AM
actual time NOW >9:30 PM CDT

ezmeweatherwax
12-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Unable to connect to update ultimately ending in Fail...ya, great Friday night for any nerd!

:(

DakFrost
How many weekends in a row does this make?

BoBoDaClown
Honestly, loyal player, getting very frustrated with this.

I'm fine with the occasional downtime in an online game....

Thalmor
12-05-2014, 09:35 PM
In, seems to be working now!

LevelJ
12-05-2014, 09:35 PM
Wow, forums were offline a while for me too. It appears to be working now for me.

-Jayron

oO0RexFelis0Oo
12-05-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm in!!!!

armagedan
12-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Ive directed the people that were posting on ur November 14th thread to use this one now that u have it up

Cordovan
12-05-2014, 09:38 PM
Game log-ins are once again available. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

armagedan
12-05-2014, 09:40 PM
Game log-ins are once again available. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

ty all for the quick fix on the problem keep up the good

people on Ghallanda cant curently sell and repair at vendors as well as open banks. iam seeng now if the bank is just lagging

any oher servers having problems like this?

the bank opened after waiting 5 min
and vendors are now working

Kaytis
12-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Seems to be back. I got stuck in a loading screen on Orien, quit the game, and now I can't get in again. Always stuck in the login process.

Grosbeak07
12-05-2014, 10:29 PM
Seems to be back. I got stuck in a loading screen on Orien, quit the game, and now I can't get in again. Always stuck in the login process.

Same here. restarted my client on Thelanis and now hangs on searching for logon server.

Ah well, off to bed.

ForgettableNPC
12-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Well, I can't tell if the game denied me from running Enter the Kobold or saved me from running it.

I think it ranges somewhere within the grey area.

ayalaco
[QUOTE=Cordovan;5487335]Game log-ins are once again available. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game![/QUOTE

Not working.... boooooo

WatcherCCG
Friend can't get in, either. This one's gonna take the poor sods all night, it seems.

EllisDee37
12-05-2014, 10:31 PM
11:20pm ET I got stuck in a loading screen, forcing me to reset my client. Now I can no longer log in. Forums still hit or miss whether I can load a page.

Looks like I'm done with DDO for the night.

DagazUlf
Game crash and now no login. Do whatever you did before, only do it right this time. :)

Ghwyn
Unable to login, and it is happening to many people that I talk to tonight.

Dj_Fisty
12-05-2014, 10:32 PM

My guild reported to me, When the update server was down no lag in game at all server (Sarlona) soon as update server came back less then 30 mins freezing lag in fall of truth... might be an issue here for you to check guys...

SocratesBastardSon
12-05-2014, 10:33 PM
11:20pm ET I got stuck in a loading screen, forcing me to reset my client. Now I can no longer log in. Forums still hit or miss whether I can load a page.

I had exactly the same behavior. Finished STK, and stayed on loading screen to return to Market for over five minutes. I shut down client and was unable to log back in after that.

Powerhungry
12-05-2014, 10:35 PM
I had exactly the same behavior. Finished STK, and stayed on loading screen to return to Market for over five minutes. I shut down client and was unable to log back in after that.
Similar- finished Crucible and froze recalling now can't get back on

SocratesBastardSon
12-05-2014, 10:36 PM
It seems to have cleared up now...

ayalaco
12-05-2014, 10:37 PM
It seems to have cleared up now...

seems to have cleared for those already in the game, but for those trying to log on, we can't even get to the loading screen - keep getting server login failed

Phoenix-daBard
12-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Game log-ins are once again available.

Nope!

Kamode_Corebasher
12-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Similar- finished Crucible and froze recalling now can't get back on

Ruins of thunderholm--serious hang, so I decided to quit the client and log back in from scratch. Mistake anyone!! Getting the stupid "Connecting to Patch Server" then failing and stating "An update error occurred:"

mkmcgw17
12-06-2014, 04:57 AM

my accounts all appear to be gone .. five years one month poof .. dont know what to say

adrian69
12-06-2014, 05:01 AM
my accounts all appear to be gone .. five years one month poof .. dont know what to say

Yeah, said as I tried logging in to the forums a few times earlier that I had no subscriptions to DDO. So I tried came. First time allowed me to log, but I kicked off due to failed que, though servers appeared open (everything looked fine). THen I tried logging in again and it told me I didn't have subscription. Forum log in then told me the same thing, however, it just allow me to log in to reply to you.

Chipps
12-06-2014, 05:07 AM
Yeah, said as I tried logging in to the forums a few times earlier that I had no subscriptions to DDO. So I tried came. First time allowed me to log, but I kicked off due to failed que, though servers appeared open (everything looked fine). THen I tried logging in again and it told me I didn't have subscription. Forum log in then told me the same thing, however, it just allow me to log in to reply to you.

Account Server seems to be bugged. Be patient

EllisDee37
12-06-2014, 05:10 AM
Looks like they got the forums back up around 6am ET.

Celebras
12-06-2014, 05:18 AM
FInally able to log in without delay. Disconnected twice upon entering GH, once for going back to Marketplace. Also, cant join any LFM, gives me error message.
So still not running smooth...

Dj_Fisty
12-06-2014, 05:33 AM
My guild reported to me, When the update server was down no lag in game at all server (Sarlona) soon as update server came back less then 30 mins freezing lag in fall of truth... might be an issue here for you to check guys...

Update on my earlier post, Right after i made that post
bank freezing lag,
Mass disconnects from my guild that was doing FoT with them stating that they were Frozen trying to log back in for 15 mins when via the guild status said they just disconnected 1 min ago.
So maybe this will help, most likely not.

inspiredunease
12-06-2014, 05:57 AM
Still getting loading screen issues on Khyber.

FestusHood
12-06-2014, 06:13 AM
On Argo, guildie not having issues moving between marketplace and ship.

I got stuck twice in a row trying to load into wheloon so i decided to call it a night. I mostly tried logging on just to see if i could.

Cordovan
12-06-2014, 06:14 AM
The game worlds are once again available. We thank you for your patience, and will see you in the game!

redwindfury
12-06-2014, 06:16 AM
Still getting loading screen issues on Khyber.

still having issues on Ghallanda, tried Orien and got on immediately with out error.

On Ghallanda it seems to get stuck trying to load character/subscription data.

I have 23 characters on Ghallanda and only 3 on Orien could this be partly a server timeout due to slow connections, and I mean server connection not internet connection as I am running 30 mbs connection.

HernandoCortez
12-06-2014, 06:20 AM
I gave up and went to bed.

Now I was past the launcher, game starts and I'm stuck on "Cleaning up old connection"... forever...

dapoolp
12-06-2014, 06:21 AM
The problem is not fixed, I can't log either...

Dagolar
12-06-2014, 06:22 AM
I gave up and went to bed.

Now I was past the launcher, game starts and I'm stuck on "Cleaning up old connection"... forever...

Try restarting your computer.
Last time there was an issue like this, the launcher had some queued data that prevented it from working without a computer refresh.
It may help this time around as well.

The game worlds are once again available. We thank you for your patience, and will see you in the game!

Congrats on your eventual success!

Would it be possible to get a general idea of what happened? Doesn't have to be very detailed, just, kinda would feel like a respectful nod to keep us included.

I mean, you could make the compensation really badass instead, if you prefer.
I want a 10% stacking coupon for the DDO store-
And a unicorn-stylized Porsche with spoiler-wings (but no spoiler) shaped like flames.
Get on that for me!

As usual, I'll also instead accept Kobolds or Gnomes as a playable race. ;P

MeliCat
12-06-2014, 06:23 AM
Oh this is fun... unlike almost everyone else I managed to stay connected in the last 5 hours despite getting dropped out a bit before then. So my guildies get back on and we're just about to run ES stuff. I go to zone from ES into ES cavern and I crash. Manage to log in again just outside ES Cavern. Go to zone into ES Cavern and it looks like I'm crashing again. From the two other people just outside ES cavern I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

HernandoCortez
12-06-2014, 06:24 AM
Try restarting your computer.
Last time there was an issue like this, the launcher had some queued data that prevented it from working without a computer refresh.
It may help this time around as well.

Just turned on the computer.

Now its between "Loading subscription data" and "Loading character data".

redwindfury
12-06-2014, 06:28 AM

same for me on ghallanda as well

pjw
12-06-2014, 06:31 AM

Stuck at "Loading... Please wait" after selecting a character to log in to Ghallanda

Dagolar
12-06-2014, 06:32 AM
Oh this is fun... unlike almost everyone else I managed to stay connected in the last 5 hours despite getting dropped out a bit before then. So my guildies get back on and we're just about to run ES stuff. I go to zone from ES into ES cavern and I crash. Manage to log in again just outside ES Cavern. Go to zone into ES Cavern and it looks like I'm crashing again. From the two other people just outside ES cavern I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Maybe a glitch BECAUSE you were logged in when the fix went live- possibly due to your live data overwriting a fresh reset data, and creating conflicting data references, causing the game to get confused. That's actually generally why (in addition to data loss and exploit concerns) developers try to convince players to be logged out during maintenance events (which, of course, this was not, so not putting that on you in any way).

I'd try /death and /stuck, see if either of them can kick things back into place.

Generally if there's a subscription-call issue, it either clears up with time, or the devs have to poke at it.

If you just turned the computer on for the first time in a while, there shouldn't really be anything client-side that's blocking it :/

Luuthar
12-06-2014, 06:39 AM
I can log in with any character except the one I actually wanted to use. Sounds like they need to restart the server.

Loholt-UK
12-06-2014, 06:42 AM
I can log in with any character except the one I actually wanted to use. Sounds like they need to restart the server.

Exactly the same as this. Can we see some action please before our Saturday is completely wasted?

Edit: G-Land btw.

Sanader
Tried two times using a spell Teleport to Twelve, got stuck both times on load screen and had to ctrl - alt - delete. Using ship to get there worked.
Tried entering Hall of Heroies twice - stuck both times on load screen and had to ctrl - alt - delete.

Good luck with your loading screens.

redwindfury

Ghallanda appears to still have issues. have reset computer multiple times.

I can logon to Orien without any problems and seem to be able to get in game and move around sell at vendor etc.

On Ghallanda it gets stuck at loading character and subscription data then eventually fails and tells me the server is full after 2-3 min.

is this an issue for accounts with a lot of characters on a particular server? I have 23 on Ghallanda vs 3 on Orien.

thwart
12-06-2014, 06:44 AM
I am still having issues with login screens on Ghallanda. I can't get into Delera's Graveyard. Sure that's good for the undead ... but I am not happy about it.

Dandonk
12-06-2014, 06:49 AM
Logged in to Ghallanda without problems. Ran around in RR areas getting my last xp to 20. Still no problems. Levelled to 20, and then teleported to Meridia to complete the crafting tutorial. Now I'm stuck in load screen.

EDIT: Could get back in again, was in market where I tried teleporting from. Don't dare to try again.

Sanader
12-06-2014, 06:50 AM
Tried entering Hall of Heroes from eveninsgstar now, stuck on load screen again.
And 3 LFM's were in the LFM pannel (out of total 10) asking GM's for help.

Why did they even reopen the worlds?

WIstuk
12-06-2014, 06:52 AM
Cant get in......

Loholt-UK
12-06-2014, 06:53 AM
I finally managed to get back in by transporting to the Hall of Heroes Eveningstar (it wasn't the first time I'd tried this). Now I am in the Hall of Heroes and the exit door isn't there. There is a door to reincarnation grove that seems active. Wish me luck, I'm going in.

Tesrali
12-06-2014, 06:53 AM
stuck trying to load into the character.
he's in barrel's bottom atm.

- g-land.

harmlesslarry
12-06-2014, 06:56 AM
had the same trouble as everyone, couldnt get past the first 33% loading screen to log in. Now I can log in but cant zone out of the back of the necropolis into another area

Cordovan
12-06-2014, 06:58 AM
Thanks for the reports. We will continue to investigate issues players are experiencing when logging in, zoning, joining LFMs, etc.

redwindfury
12-06-2014, 06:58 AM
Ghallanda appears to still have issues. have reset computer multiple times.

I can logon to Orien without any problems and seem to be able to get in game and move around sell at vendor etc.

On Ghallanda it gets stuck at loading character and subscription data then eventually fails and tells me the server is full after 2-3 min.

is this an issue for accounts with a lot of characters on a particular server? I have 23 on Ghallanda vs 3 on Orien.

also on Ghallanda the connection seems to be extremely slow and bounces all over the place never more than 1.51 kbs and sometimes as low as 0.01 kbs. on Orein IDK what speed it is because it loads so fast I never see it.

casusbelli15
12-06-2014, 07:00 AM
2 toons on argo logging in fine, other two toons also on argo the game hangs on "loading....please wait", screen.

Not going to start anything too in-depth with the ones I can play.

Celebras
12-06-2014, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the reports. We will continue to investigate issues players are experiencing when logging in, zoning, joining LFMs, etc.

Tx, Cordo. And GL on it...

icycoldfire
12-06-2014, 07:02 AM
Tried logging in with 2 chars on Thelanis, stuck in loading screen on both, also tried transporting to Eberron to no avail.

Thumbed_Servant
12-06-2014, 07:03 AM

I have logged onto and off of several characters on Argonnessen this morning. The one I want to play I cannot. I am trying to log in to my Sheolah on Argonnessen. I have tried several times, restarting the game client too. After I select her it goes to load screen with status bar at bottom, but no progress is ever made on the status bar loading this toon.

HernandoCortez
12-06-2014, 07:04 AM
Btw... Ghallanda here too.

Luuthar
12-06-2014, 07:09 AM
I finally managed to get back in by transporting to the Hall of Heroes Eveningstar (it wasn't the first time I'd tried this). Now I am in the Hall of Heroes and the exit door isn't there. There is a door to reincarnation grove that seems active. Wish me luck, I'm going in.

Thanks for the tip. This actually worked for me. Transported to Forgotten Realms, then back to Eberron. Can use my character again.

Sanader
12-06-2014, 07:10 AM
Thanks and good luck!

Praya20
12-06-2014, 07:11 AM
13 characters on my main account, 12 can log in no problem 1 can not will not even let me attempt to log in, OR use the reincarnate for that character ive logged all others in twice and tried several times with this one, reset the client every time no joy..... i think you missed something when you said issues were resolved

F2PPremiumLeech
12-06-2014, 07:12 AM
On khyber, there are lot of people on eveningstar in front of eveningstar cavern stuck on loading screen trying to get in.

Loholt-UK
12-06-2014, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the tip. This actually worked for me. Transported to Forgotten Realms, then back to Eberron. Can use my character again.

Ooh, I'll try that myself, thanks for the heads up.

JonBiryon
12-06-2014, 07:15 AM
I seem to be able to login only with characters that don't have a TR Cache (1st life)

Tesrali
12-06-2014, 07:19 AM

ty! gl to everyone there
hope we can play today
if not that's okay

Loholt-UK
12-06-2014, 07:19 AM
Ooh, I'll try that myself, thanks for the heads up.

That did actually work. Unfortunately I got stuck at the very next loading screen. :/

provo13
12-06-2014, 07:21 AM
On Thelanis:

I am able to log in, and select characters that AREN'T in Hall of Heroes. Cannot log into ANY character that is already there, nor can I use HoH to transfer anywhere.

Cannot use Eveningstar Caverns to go back to Ebberon.

On the plus side, getting great FPS on the loading screens, though they are endless...

hunzi2010
12-06-2014, 07:28 AM
Hello Cordovan,

also on Thelanis, comes up with server is full timed out. cant get to the character account section. sits on loading screen saying loading character data then switches to loading subscription data.
Hope this error report helps you guys out.
Cheers.

Hunzi

Zentrap
12-06-2014, 07:38 AM

Here on G-lands we are doing a sponsored 'hump Elminster' to try raise some money to the solution to this problem. I hope our effort pays off!

XodousRoC
12-06-2014, 07:43 AM

Thanks for the updates, but it would appear I'm also having troubles in Khyber. Logged into Marketplace bank ok-->MP-->Airship-->cargohold-->main deck, all ok. Then I tried zoning to House D, and got stuck on a loading screen. I re-logged and got more of the same.

arkonas
12-06-2014, 07:45 AM

i know i can't log into my main at all. nothing moves at the loading screen. when i log back into the character screen it shows i never even attempted to use him and when i look at the guild list it shows i never logged into him. i don't know if its related or not.

redwindfury
12-06-2014, 07:50 AM
Hello Cordovan,

also on Thelanis, comes up with server is full timed out. cant get to the character account section. sits on loading screen saying loading character data then switches to loading subscription data.
Cheers.

Hunzi

same for me on ghallanda which is my main server and i have 23 toons there (lots of test builds or bank toons) if u could try ghallanda and see if it lets u in ok. I can log in to orien with zero issues

XodousRoC
12-06-2014, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the updates, but it would appear I'm also having troubles in Khyber. Logged into Marketplace bank ok-->MP-->Airship-->cargohold-->main deck, all ok. Then I tried zoning to House D, and got stuck on a loading screen. I re-logged and got more of the same.

Update: Logged into a different toon, and he zoned off the ship (not house D) and into the Orchard fine. Then my guildy tried to invite (2x) and got the msg that we couldn't form parties while zoning. I left the Orchard and got the same msg again. I tried to invite him to the same result. The zoning issue is apparently also affecting the formation of parties.

Cordovan
12-06-2014, 08:10 AM
Investigating into log in, zoning, joining LFM, and other issues continues. We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

redwindfury
12-06-2014, 08:13 AM
Hello Cordovan,

Cheers.

Hunzi

also tried Thelanis and I can get in, move around zone in and out of tavern and bank. so IDK it looks to me like it might be related to either accounts that have been active on a particular server recently or have a lot of character data for that server as I have 23 toons on Ghallanda (half of them test builds or bank toons) and only 3 on Thelanis and Orien where I can log in with zero issues

Greggers72
12-06-2014, 08:13 AM
Sigh....

very strange things are afoot! Seems as though I can log on to just about any other server, except Ghalanda which I actually play on. When I try logging on to my free to play account, no problems their either. Trying to log on to Ghalanda and it just sits on the "loading new game data" screen with the green text constantly swapping between loading character data & loading subscription data. After about 5 minutes of having some kind of IT fit, it throws up an error message saying the log on server is full, try again later...

Pleae upgrade the hamsters powering the servers and it might just be time to upgrade that Comodore 64 that runs the show ;)

Note...

Was even able to log on to several other servers and create toons, so it seems as though Ghalanda is having some kind of hissy fit!!

Dandonk
12-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Logged out for a bit, now I'm stuck in loading screen when trying to get back in on Ghallanda.

EDIT: OK, killing client and logging in again helped. I wonder if I can get to Meridia now heh.
EDIT2: Nope, still no luck going to Meridia.

redwindfury
12-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Sigh....

very strange things are afoot! Seems as though I can log on to just about any other server, except Ghalanda which I actually play on. When I try logging on to my free to play account, no problems their either. Trying to log on to Ghalanda and it just sits on the "loading new game data" screen with the green text constantly swapping between loading character data & loading subscription data. After about 5 minutes of having some kind of IT fit, it throws up an error message saying the log on server is full, try again later...

Pleae upgrade the hamsters powering the servers and it might just be time to upgrade that Comodore 64 that runs the show ;)

having same issue on ghallanda which is also my main server.

I have a few toons on other servers and can log on to them just fine.

Do u have a lot of characters on Ghallanda, or is it just the only one u have logged into recently before this happened?

I have 23 characters on Ghallanda and only 3 on both Orien and Thelanis where I can log on fine, and before today I had not logged on to either of those servers for at least a few weeks maybe several months.

Also tried logging into Ghallanda with my son's account he had not logged in for a few days and has only a few characters and of course was also not on when the problems started last nite and I am able to log in to Ghallanda just fine from his account.

Celebras
12-06-2014, 08:25 AM
Do u have a lot of characters on Ghallanda, or is it just the only one u have logged into recently before this happened?

I have 23 characters on Ghallanda and only 3 on both Orien and Thelanis where I can log on fine, and before today I had not logged on to either of those servers for at least a few weeks maybe several months.

Alot more on Ghal than on the other servers.
The instance change from Ebb to ES makes alot of problems for me. i always crash there. Other changes in Ebb are fine or take a bit longer.

Greggers72
12-06-2014, 08:25 AM

I have 25 character slots, all full :) though i only actually play about 5 or 6 of them... the rest are old toons I either no longer play or are used to test builds out.

Pomdude
12-06-2014, 08:26 AM
Firstly have you guys never watched Gremlins. It is clear what is going on here...
Secondly - is WOW still F2P......?

Greggers72
12-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Have managed to log on to all servers, except poor Ghalanda and even ran a quest or two, with no load screen / zoning crashes on Thelanis...

Celebras
12-06-2014, 08:35 AM
I know its might sound totally dumb but when i try to leave or enter ES or ES content on Ghal i ALWAYS crash. With ANY of my chars. Now i will test if i can join groups with my chars on Ebb side, i know 1 of em could join an lfm in harbor, while he was on Ebb side. I read somewhere that the Halls of Heroes r missing the teleporters to the other world or they r somehow bugged.
Sound like ES is an island right now, no1 can leave or enter. Maybe thats the reason why some ppl get the error message when trying to group up...

jalont
12-06-2014, 08:35 AM
If it's like it has been in the past, if you close your client while stuck in a loading screen, it'll take awhile until you're able to log in again. Anywhere from a few minutes to an entire hour.

Celebras
12-06-2014, 08:39 AM
can log back in straight away, no problems with that.

Hendrik
12-06-2014, 08:42 AM

Was this issue related to the internet issues on the east coast?

Greggers72
12-06-2014, 08:43 AM
I was on quite early this morning, around 6am so it would have been about 1am ET I was in the market place and decided to run some ee Gianthold stuff and when I zoned from the marketplace to GH the game basically hung on the load screen with the progress / loading bar showin 0 progress after about 10 minutes. I killed the client from windows task manager and tried to relog but to no avail.... And now, while I can log on to G'land from a f2p account can't log on to G'land at all on my VIP account :(

NB.

My faith in the tech guys to resolve the issues are somewhat diminished when I noticed this on the log on screen:

"Log in and Loading Screen Issues: Saturday, September 6th
Sat, 06 Dec 2014 13:03:42 +0000
We will continue to investigate issues players are experiencing when logging in, zoning, joining LFMs, and other issues. We will update you as soon as we have more information."

Do they even know what month it is let alone what the problem is ;)

redwindfury
12-06-2014, 08:49 AM

Also tried logging into Ghallanda with my son's account he had not logged in for a few days and has only a few characters and of course was also not on when the problems started last nite and I am able to log in to Ghallanda just fine from his account.

I have 25 character slots, all full :) though i only actually play about 5 or 6 of them... the rest are old toons I either no longer play or are used to test builds out.

Yea I only play/work on about 2-3 of them at any time, but I have 4-5 older but still 'active' characters that I will switch back to now and then depending on what my guildies are doing. The remaining are either test builds or bank toons. Can u say hoarder/build jukie.

I'm just now starting to vendor all the random loot gen items I stashed away that had a colorless or yellow slot or weapons with red slot on them from when they first came out and were 'uncommon' and I was saving them for crafting blanks for myself or guild.

Now I only save 'rare' loot items like ones with a green or colorless + yellow on one item, or an item that's 'useful' and has a slot on it or weapons that are special like silver/adm/cold iron w/red slot or shields w/red slot.

redwindfury
12-06-2014, 09:00 AM
I was on quite early this morning, around 6am so it would have been about 1am ET I was in the market place and decided to run some ee Gianthold stuff and when I zoned from the marketplace to GH the game basically hung on the load screen with the progress / loading bar showin 0 progress after about 10 minutes. I killed the client from windows task manager and tried to relog but to no avail.... And now, while I can log on to G'land from a f2p account can't log on to G'land at all on my VIP account :(

NB.

My faith in the tech guys to resolve the issues are somewhat diminished when I noticed this on the log on screen:

"Log in and Loading Screen Issues: Saturday, September 6th
Sat, 06 Dec 2014 13:03:42 +0000
We will continue to investigate issues players are experiencing when logging in, zoning, joining LFMs, and other issues. We will update you as soon as we have more information."

Do they even know what month it is let alone what the problem is ;)

I believe we were on about the same time night, guildies and I were just going into eGhosts and we all hung on loading screen. One stayed logged in and eventually zoned in to quest, the rest of us reset our clients and eventually our PC's, some of us couldn't log back on and others had too many 'issues' when we did to be able to play.

Called it quits and went to bed, then got up today and started up with problem we are both having.

And idk if it might be the same but my son's account that I can log into on same PC is f2P and mine is VIP, but he also has a lot less characters and had not been on for about a week.

I decided to see if any of my guildies were on right now, and when I look in the Who list it shows all of us that locked up still on and where ever we were when we either hung or logged out last nite. and one us is actually on another toon from same acct and his old toon is still showing as logged in

hunzi2010
12-06-2014, 09:07 AM
im now getting connection successful in loading screen but hanging on searching for logon server attempt 3 of 20

Cordovan
12-06-2014, 09:10 AM
We will be restarting the game worlds shortly. We'll announce when the servers have reopened.

Greggers72
12-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Well at least I seem to know what the issue is now.... I logged on to Ghalanda on my free to play account and noticed that my main toon was still apparently logged in in the marketplace with the LFM I had up when I crashed zoning from the marketplace to Gianthold.... Question is, how to get the toon logged out properly??? :D

Torkzed
12-06-2014, 09:15 AM
I can log into G-Land, and I can move between houses and guild ship. However, I have been stuck zoning in on every quest I've tried (various lvl 6 quests in various houses). Each time I try to enter a quest (or tavern), I wait for 5-10 minutes and finally give up and restart the client. So far, I've had no problems relogging, but it is kind of useless since I can't get in a quest.

Cordovan
We are targeting 10:30 AM Eastern for the server restart.

Riglim
Issues on Khyber:

I am able to log in just fine. My friend is able to log in just fine, as well, with one exception.

We have characters that are in a group together. While mine logs in just fine, his gets stuck at the character select screen. Guild and Friend lists do not show him logging in, but the group shows him reconnecting, disconnecting, and lights his name up in the group as though he's on.

I can't remove him or leave the party - it says I cannot modify the group in any way while someone is teleporting. If I log off, he is still unable to log in. We are both able to log into other, ungrouped characters and form a group.

Pomdude
12-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Thank the Lord - my toons on Cannith suck so badly (ok I suck too) - wb Ghal :)

redwindfury
12-06-2014, 09:20 AM
I believe we were on about the same time night, guildies and I were just going into eGhosts and we all hung on loading screen. One stayed logged in and eventually zoned in to quest, the rest of us reset our clients and eventually our PC's, some of us couldn't log back on and others had too many 'issues' when we did to be able to play.

Called it quits and went to bed, then got up today and started up with problem we are both having.

And idk if it might be the same but my son's account that I can log into on same PC is f2P and mine is VIP, but he also has a lot less characters and had not been on for about a week.

I decided to see if any of my guildies were on right now, and when I look in the Who list it shows all of us that locked up still on and where ever we were when we either hung or logged out last nite. and one us is actually on another toon from same acct and his old toon is still showing as logged in

Well at least I seem to know what the issue is now.... I logged on to Ghalanda on my free to play account and noticed that my main toon was still apparently logged in in the marketplace with the LFM I had up when I crashed zoning from the marketplace to Gianthold.... Question is, how to get the toon logged out properly??? :D

same for me and at least one other guildie that were in party and heading into eGhosts last nite

also the one that was on and I sent pm to that was still showing a toon from same acct logged in and where it hung last nite was able to log in to that toon successfully and is fine.

Aelonwy
12-06-2014, 09:21 AM
I don't know if this will help but I can't group with my husband, we keep getting the message "Cannot group while a member is teleporting" or something similiar, also when I did a quest earlier this morning I had a hireling and my panther with me but I could not see their life bars under mine.

Cordovan
12-06-2014, 09:26 AM
I don't know if this will help but I can't group with my husband, we keep getting the message "Cannot group while a member is teleporting" or something similiar, also when I did a quest earlier this morning I had a hireling and my panther with me but I could not see their life bars under mine.

We expect the game world restarts taking place shortly to resolve the remaining issues being experienced this morning; in particular, LFM and grouping issues, loading screen issues, and log in issues.

Kwyjibo
12-06-2014, 09:34 AM
c'mon, 30 seconds, really? Is that all the time you can afford to give us?

Chaimberland
12-06-2014, 09:36 AM
A 30 second warning? Really? Was in middle of a Devil Assault run and couldn't recall & log out due to getting interrupted by the mobs. Why not a 10 min or 5 min warning?

Furby
We will be restarting the game worlds shortly. We'll announce when the servers have reopened.

Thanks for the complete lack of warning in game, when shutting down the servers

XiaNYdE
yeah, real nice 30 seconds notice, shows so much love on your behalf turbine NOT!!

Malleable
12-06-2014, 09:37 AM

Wholeheartedly agree here!

LATEST UPDATE: We will be restarting the game worlds shortly. We'll announce when the servers have reopened.

Some of us don't read the forums whilst playing - seems I need to learn to multitask somewhat better perhaps......:P

Simpletonmaster1
12-06-2014, 09:37 AM

Ok so I have waited for the entire day just to play DDO... It is night here and I was playing and then suddenly boom... we get 30 sec to log off.... And i couldn't complete the quest. I am really disappointed this thing has been happening a lot recently and also the lag its literally too annoying sometimes. Please fix these issues.

Isit
12-06-2014, 09:38 AM

I got 39 sec :P
Allthough still... How about a 10 minutes warning? I was lucky just to finnish quest when all of a sudden the timer popped up :D

LordMacabre
12-06-2014, 09:38 AM

Yeah, this bugged me more than the issues. I was playing fine, 75% through a dungeon and dropped. Would it really kill you guys to give 10 minutes warning?

kanordog
12-06-2014, 09:39 AM
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/452688-30-second-warning-before-server-shurtodwn?p=5487587&posted=1#post5487587

Joel69
12-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Someone buy me pass to go in Necro, then after 25 mins only this update problem appear and kick me out, and i loose my pass..... i was wondering if DDO gona give me one more or if DDO gona give back the amount of the pass to the one who buy me this pass ??? My character is Jobeet (now ranger) on Orien server.

psykopeta
12-06-2014, 09:41 AM
so we were in ee red fens, near end fight, and got the "30 secs til server shutdown message" without any previous warning/message

awesome job, for real, wonder why they keep firing programmers when the issues come from the ******** who is leading them

guess will try playing ddo next year, good luck keeping players meanwhile with this method

hunzi2010
12-06-2014, 09:42 AM
30 sec, that's fine by me, I cant log in anyways.
atleast its getting addressed and fixed.
good work guys.
thank you for getting this sorted for us all :)

Cheers.

sebastianosmith
12-06-2014, 09:44 AM
http://i.qkme.me/3qejd4.jpg

Simpletonmaster1
12-06-2014, 09:45 AM
so we were in ee red fens, near end fight, and got the "30 secs til server shutdown message" without any previous warning/message

awesome job, for real, wonder why they keep firing programmers when the issues come from the ******** who is leading them

guess will try playing ddo next year, good luck keeping players meanwhile with this method

Thanks so much for providing such good service and a problem free server DDO. Really appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. And the 30 sec to leave was just amazing like omg I was so glad i got so much time to log out. I am very happy.

Dj_Fisty
12-06-2014, 09:54 AM
http://i.qkme.me/3qejd4.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z65/dj_fisty/lib_zps314570a5.jpg (http://s193.photobucket.com/user/dj_fisty/media/lib_zps314570a5.jpg.html)

Ambelza
12-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Used a Siberys Cake last night. It depleted from my inventory but I was not resurrected. I submitted my ticket this morning as the ticket page was DOWN last night. GM said their engineers were working to solve the problem and thanks for my patience.(which is running thin as of late) My question is will I receive the product I PAYED for or am I just S.O.L?

Dj_Fisty
12-06-2014, 09:55 AM
Used a Siberys Cake last night. It depleted from my inventory but I was not resurrected. I submitted my ticket this morning as the ticket page was DOWN last night. GM said their engineers were working to solve the problem and thanks for my patience.(which is running thin as of late) My question is will I receive the product I PAYED for or am I just S.O.L?

Might have to wait till monday for that :(

Ganak
12-06-2014, 09:56 AM
30 sec is interesting, why not 60 seconds?

Hafeal
12-06-2014, 09:56 AM
I will echo the others - 30 seconds? That is extremely disappointing. I was at the end of Ghola Fan, a pain to get to and to long to run. Nothing feels worse than being this close to finishing. I had been going slow waiting for someone to possibly join my lfm (of course, they could not as it turns out).

Apparently, this was a known issue since the early a.m.; I had not logged into the forums until now.

A more reasonable amount of notice would have been greatly appreciated; oh, and there was no way the warning was 30 secs, 10 or less by my count.

Chaimberland
12-06-2014, 09:58 AM
We expect the game world restarts taking place shortly to resolve the remaining issues being experienced this morning; in particular, LFM and grouping issues, loading screen issues, and log in issues.

As stated in title.

snook59
12-06-2014, 09:58 AM
The worlds were supposed to have been restarted already. Apparently you booted some folks out who were not having issues but they didn't restart? An update would be lovely.

Eryhn
12-06-2014, 10:01 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/scarjo_popcorn.gif

Dj_Fisty
12-06-2014, 10:02 AM
Getting bored here,
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z65/dj_fisty/69.gif (http://s193.photobucket.com/user/dj_fisty/media/69.gif.html)

Cordovan
12-06-2014, 10:03 AM
The worlds were supposed to have been restarted already. Apparently you booted some folks out who were not having issues but they didn't restart? An update would be lovely.

The worlds have been restarted and we are in the process of doing the work necessary to open the worlds.

Chaimberland
12-06-2014, 10:04 AM
The worlds have been restarted and we are in the process of doing the work necessary to open the worlds.

Thanks for the update

Dj_Fisty
12-06-2014, 10:04 AM

I Thank You,
*Bows*

Luuthar
12-06-2014, 10:08 AM

What a complete waste of time. DDOS from China? Whatever, the US apparently has "enemies", which is the dumbest thing in the entire world. Yeah, let's hate an entire country and ruin everyone's day. What a GREAT idea.

jalont
12-06-2014, 10:10 AM
What a complete waste of time. DDOS from China? Whatever, the US apparently has "enemies", which is the dumbest thing in the entire world. Yeah, let's hate an entire country and ruin everyone's day. What a GREAT idea.

What? LOL

Dj_Fisty
12-06-2014, 10:10 AM

And For You

You Suck!

Chaimberland
12-06-2014, 10:11 AM

Ummm.........what?

Eryhn
12-06-2014, 10:12 AM
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-36867-good-job-gif-Hancock-Will-Smit-8fLm.gif

/jk

arminius
12-06-2014, 10:13 AM

Social Justice Warriors just can never turn it off, can they?

I pity you.

Rynehawk
12-06-2014, 10:14 AM

I agree. Hot dogs contain soil protein running with sleds. To institute Chinese pudding pops with concrete binders can emancipate the farmhands. What an idea.

LXP
12-06-2014, 10:14 AM

Hmmm....

Quote error? Wrong forum too, maybe? Wrong place in general? Reality check?

Just saying.

Enoach
12-06-2014, 10:15 AM
I think part of the problem here is that...

Facebook and Twitter saw about 20ish minutes notice but the in-game notice which use to be the norm for Turbine to Global announce every 5 minutes until the last 5 minutes, at which point we got the announcement every minute appears to have been abandoned.

I think someone made the assumption everyone was watching the social media and in this case did manage to miss the group of people that were logged in and playing.

If they return to using the global announcements system they can avoid the outrage as we players are mature enough to know there is an issue, you are working on it and it will disrupt the system but in return we ask for some consideration as people with even 15 minute warnings can make some better informed decisions on if they want to enter/continue or log out now. Please bring back the Global Announcements giving players the same time consideration as what is given on the other social media outlets.

IronClan
12-06-2014, 10:15 AM
I shall be requiring tokens of Turbines regret for my inconvenience, to mullify the first free saturday morning with no wife or kids around in months that I could not play during, and the ten or fifteen raids and quests I was going to do.

XP bonuses and a few hundred TP shall suffice as recompense :cool:

phillymiket
12-06-2014, 10:16 AM

Yeah but by announcing you are about to restart you have tempted the Great God Murphy to lay down the Law on y'all.

/crosses fingers

M_orGoth
12-06-2014, 10:19 AM

Yeah man, you're taking your access to the forums into your own hands when you talk dirty about programmers, and their benevolent overlords. Cordo don't like bad mouthing*. But I feel you.

* = It's against the rules.

phillymiket
12-06-2014, 10:21 AM
I shall be requiring tokens of Turbines regret for my inconvenience,

I want to Bask in the Eclipse for ten whole minutes for free...

snook59
12-06-2014, 10:21 AM
I posted a reply that was either deleted or not showing up because the thread is closed? I was only asking for an update.

M_orGoth
12-06-2014, 10:22 AM
I think part of the problem here is that...

Facebook and Twitter saw about 20ish minutes notice but the in-game notice which use to be the norm for Turbine to Global announce every 5 minutes until the last 5 minutes, at which point we got the announcement every minute appears to have been abandoned.

I think someone made the assumption everyone was watching the social media and in this case did manage to miss the group of people that were logged in and playing.

If they return to using the global announcements system they can avoid the outrage as we players are mature enough to know there is an issue, you are working on it and it will disrupt the system but in return we ask for some consideration as people with even 15 minute warnings can make some better informed decisions on if they want to enter/continue or log out now. Please bring back the Global Announcements giving players the same time consideration as what is given on the other social media outlets.

Dude, you seem to forget the watchwords of EVERY MMO:

"Community must suffer! And then get banned for bashing staffers."

Luuthar
12-06-2014, 10:22 AM
Hmmm....

Quote error? Wrong forum too, maybe? Wrong place in general? Reality check?

Just saying.

Quote error, perhaps. Correct forum. Correct place in general. DDOS is definite reality, if you've been paying attention for the past 12 hours. I myself have been waiting for 9 hours, so just venting a bit.

phillymiket
12-06-2014, 10:23 AM
I posted a reply that was either deleted or not showing up because the thread is closed? I was only asking for an update.

^^^^how did he get in ??!?? ^^^^

Quick everyone switch to a new thread!

jalont
12-06-2014, 10:26 AM
Quote error, perhaps. Correct forum. Correct place in general. DDOS is definite reality, if you've been paying attention for the past 12 hours. I myself have been waiting for 9 hours, so just venting a bit.

I know there's been a hacking/DDoS/Whatever of major games the last 12 hours, but I wouldn't assume that's the case here unless told so. I don't see why DDO would be a target.

Dj_Fisty
12-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Yeah but by announcing you are about to restart you have tempted the Great God Murphy to lay down the Law on y'all.

/crosses fingers

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z65/dj_fisty/6wKut_zps76rf4vv6.gif (http://s193.photobucket.com/user/dj_fisty/media/6wKut_zps76rf4vv6.gif.html)

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z65/dj_fisty/DYuUc_zpsmysftg8a.gif (http://s193.photobucket.com/user/dj_fisty/media/DYuUc_zpsmysftg8a.gif.html)

Cordovan
12-06-2014, 10:30 AM
We do apologize for the inadequate notice in-game.

M_orGoth
12-06-2014, 10:31 AM
I know there's been a hacking/DDoS/Whatever of major games the last 12 hours, but I wouldn't assume that's the case here unless told so. I don't see why DDO would be a target.

lelz I concur, why target DDO? Might get better results DDoS'n Hello Kitty online. Angry 4th graders are a force of nature.

phillymiket
12-06-2014, 10:31 AM

Because we don't get children, cretins, and neer-do-well's like other games.

DDO players are engineers, scientists, and the movers and shakers of society.

I have a valuable formula for a new plant fertilizer pasted in my bio I thought of while raiding last week, bet they're after that.

Leatherneck
12-06-2014, 10:32 AM

Meh, my biggest complaint is that my permadeath group will never know Durk's secret now.

M_orGoth
12-06-2014, 10:32 AM

>:#

phillymiket
12-06-2014, 10:34 AM
Meh, my biggest complaint is that my permadeath group will never know Durk's secret now.

I KNOW!!!!!

I got as far as "Where there's one trog..."

What? Where there's one Trog, what!!?!!

Hafeal
12-06-2014, 10:35 AM

Thank you for the acknowledgment and the apology.

Chaimberland
12-06-2014, 10:35 AM

Apology accepted. Any ETA on when worlds will reopen? I'm down to 1 1/2 hrs of play time for the rest of the day. Frustration is kicking in.

snook59
12-06-2014, 10:37 AM
I guess your forums are down now also?

Ambelza
12-06-2014, 10:37 AM
Apology accepted. Any ETA on when worlds will reopen? I'm down to 1 1/2 hrs of play time for the rest of the day. Frustration is kicking in.

Good luck with that. They normally take 2-3 hours to "restart" servers.

Eryhn
12-06-2014, 10:39 AM

It's cool. I think its nice we get a weekend special event where all the players get a chance to try out a new class on the forums:

http://justgrits.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/proud-member-of-the-angry-mob.jpg

oh, well, I'll check back on things after dinner :p

Kwyjibo
12-06-2014, 10:40 AM
Thx Cordo.

jasreth
I have free time, yeah lets play some DDO, I get in look a group, fills in less than a minute, we go straight to quest, yeah cant believe my luck its all going so well, I preict hours of fun.

Half way to first quest,

Youve got 30 seconds to get your butt out of here

..1 second later
Youve got 2 seconds to get your butt out of here

..ok so i hit log out, and it starts to go
Boom, window closes

and a little mental message from the devs appears in my head
TOLD YOU

Cordovan
The DDO game worlds are not yet available. We are working to reopen them as soon as possible.

janave

The cure for addiction is another addiction ;D

Dj_Fisty
It's cool. I think its nice we get a weekend special event where all the players get a chance to try out a new class on the forums:

http://justgrits.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/proud-member-of-the-angry-mob.jpg

oh, well, I'll check back on things after dinner :p

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z65/dj_fisty/3376939-6286139180-whyar_zpsfub5mibo.gif (http://s193.photobucket.com/user/dj_fisty/media/3376939-6286139180-whyar_zpsfub5mibo.gif.html)

LXP
12-06-2014, 10:41 AM

And you have been waiting 9 hours why, exactly? Because DDO was not working due to a DDOS attack launched by America's enemies?

Yeah. Rrright. Ooookayyyy.

And you need to vent why? And why here?

*shakes head*

*facepalm*

Cordovan
12-06-2014, 10:41 AM
I guess your forums are down now also?

I don't understand what you are reporting. The forums should be visible and available. What particular issue are you experiencing?

snook59
12-06-2014, 10:42 AM
checking for updates

Chaimberland
12-06-2014, 10:43 AM

"Bummer" is the only word I can think of that won't get me banned.

Dj_Fisty
12-06-2014, 10:43 AM
I don't understand what you are reporting. The forums should be visible and available. What particular issue are you experiencing?

My guess is he can't see your response and or is infected with the I-dot virus.

snook59
12-06-2014, 10:44 AM

When I open this thread it only goes to page 6.....when I post a reply, I see all the pages once I submit the reply..

phillymiket
12-06-2014, 10:45 AM
The DDO game worlds are not yet available. We are working to reopen them as soon as possible.

Hmmmm...

Yeah, I never tell the guest Dinner is coming right out unless I see the Chef with it in his hands.

Time, estimations, and the estimation of time seems to fall away for those working in the frantic trenches of disaster control.

apacheizm23
12-06-2014, 10:45 AM
I have free time, yeah lets play some DDO, I get in look a group, fills in less than a minute, we go straight to quest, yeah cant believe my luck its all going so well, I preict hours of fun.

Half way to first quest,

Youve got 30 seconds to get your butt out of here

..1 second later
Youve got 2 seconds to get your butt out of here

..ok so i hit log out, and it starts to go
Boom, window closes

and a little mental message from the devs appears in my head
TOLD YOU

Here's another who only post's to whine and complain. 7 post's and I'd wager your F2P

xcharon79
12-06-2014, 10:46 AM
so we dont get to play this evening either?
came back here last weekend after a year long break, to immediately run into server issues.
same thing the very next we. :thumbsup:

prolly you should consider changing the datacenter?
obviously they are not capable of meeting the demand of a MMO during prime times...
due to lag allready beeing annoying during the week, when online numbers are pretty low,
im kinda not suprised about the servers striking when rising demand causes actual stress.

Brendael

Guys, Cordo has been up since an ungodly hour on a Friday night dealing with an unruly mob of angry MMO addicts denied their fix. Let's back away slowly and do not make eye contact. This may just be the thing that finally breaks him.

Chaimberland
The cure for addiction is another addiction ;D

Looks like I need to hook up with my buddy, last name Daniels, first name Jack.

phillymiket
12-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Guys, Cordo has been up since an ungodly hour on a Friday night dealing with an unruly mob of angry MMO addicts denied their fix. Let's back away slowly and do not make eye contact. This may just be the thing that finally breaks him.

Don't worry if Cordo gets too angry he always just thoughtfully strokes his beard.

Wait! Oh Nos! Run!

Dj_Fisty
12-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Looks like I need to hook up with my buddy, last name Daniels, first name Jack.

Like This?

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z65/dj_fisty/keep-calm-and-drink-jack-daniels-51_zpsafb434bb.png (http://s193.photobucket.com/user/dj_fisty/media/keep-calm-and-drink-jack-daniels-51_zpsafb434bb.png.html)

apacheizm23
12-06-2014, 10:49 AM
The forums are working fine for me.

Chaimberland
12-06-2014, 10:50 AM
Like This?

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z65/dj_fisty/keep-calm-and-drink-jack-daniels-51_zpsafb434bb.png (http://s193.photobucket.com/user/dj_fisty/media/keep-calm-and-drink-jack-daniels-51_zpsafb434bb.png.html)

That's the one!

Dj_Fisty
12-06-2014, 10:51 AM
:)

RUB
12-06-2014, 10:51 AM
While we have the time...

Did you see the newest money maker in the ddo store.

the "Lag Amnesty" Clicky.

Evidently you can be excused for getting lag illegally now!

jalont
12-06-2014, 10:52 AM
The forums are working fine for me.

Yes, clicking the last page to see the last comments often results in a fine time.

Tupapichuloo
We should get a couple of treasure chest for this... maybe Heart of the Wood heroic true?

snook59
When I open this thread it only goes to page 6.....when I post a reply, I see all the pages once I submit the reply..

I think my problem may have been I was getting to the thread from clicking on a link in a older thread listed under service news. I found the link listed under Dev Tracker and it is working mo better. Problem solved. Thanks.

Brendael
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

apacheizm23
12-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Like This?

+1 Rep ;)

Ambelza
12-06-2014, 10:54 AM
We should get a couple of treasure chest for this... maybe Heart of the Wood heroic true?

No....Just... No

Isit

Seriously?

RUB
there goes my weekend time waster.

all i was doing was slapping out a barb life anyways... no fun

Chaimberland
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

NO! And what's that smell coming from the back seat?

jalont
12-06-2014, 10:55 AM
Seriously?

No. But this obviously isn't just a restart. Other work is being done as well.

Dj_Fisty
12-06-2014, 10:55 AM
Speaking of lag did you know

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z65/dj_fisty/Lag_zpsfdd34bf0.jpg (http://s193.photobucket.com/user/dj_fisty/media/Lag_zpsfdd34bf0.jpg.html)

sebastianosmith
12-06-2014, 10:56 AM
PUPPIES!!!

http://dallastacobracket.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/basket-of-puppies.jpg
http://parade.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/pups-in-basket-4.jpg
http://www.dogster.com/files/basket-of-puppies.jpg
http://static.communitytable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/pups-in-basket-3.jpg
http://www.thomasbeatty.com/MATH%20PAGES/GRAPHICS/Funny%20Pictures/basket%20o'%20puppies.JPG
http://www.kimballstock.com/pix/PUP/23/PUP-23-LS0002-01P.JPG

Ravoc-DDO
12-06-2014, 10:56 AM
Next week's free sample of the week should be a free Mirror of Glamering, as compensation :)

RUB
12-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Might be better off with a free lag ******!

Tupapichuloo
12-06-2014, 10:59 AM
No....Just... No

Why? To costly for them? It seems reasonable considering some of us pay for a subscription an expect better service then this.

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
The Turbine solution needs more Technologic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoPplpBPQxQ

RUB
wow oh wow u cant say Dou-che' that's french for ******

sebastianosmith
12-06-2014, 11:02 AM
wow oh wow u cant say Dou-che' that's french for ******

"Shower" is a banned word?!?! Remind me to never visit Turbine's offices...

Pomdude
12-06-2014, 11:03 AM

You think you have it bad I am having to watch female teenage TV :(
Shoot me now

Ambelza
12-06-2014, 11:03 AM
Why? To costly for them? It seems reasonable considering some of us pay for a subscription an expect better service then this.

Because its too easy to get them. And how about the people who have put almost $500 into this game buying all the content? I've owned this game since a it was a CD that only needed Windows XP. If you want a Heroic True Druidic Heart of Wood, farm the tokens and get one.

Pomdude
12-06-2014, 11:04 AM
They are back !!

Ambelza
12-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Worlds are open!!!!

Isit
That's the one!

May I recomend you try this one instead? :D

http://freakywhisky.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/083-f-cwm-aberlour-abunadh.jpg (http://freakywhisky.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/083-f-cwm-aberlour-abunadh.jpg)

Brandwynn
Can not log in.. Hope turbine can fix this soon... I am finally am able to log in..

Isit
12-06-2014, 11:06 AM
Worlds are open!!!!

Yeay :D :D

Brendael
12-06-2014, 11:07 AM
You think you have it bad I am having to watch female teenage TV :(
Shoot me now

Jeez, you think you have it bad. I had to make small talk with my wife.

Tupapichuloo
12-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Because its too easy to get them. And how about the people who have put almost $500 into this game buying all the content? I've owned this game since a it was a CD that only needed Windows XP. If you want a Heroic True Druidic Heart of Wood, farm the tokens and get one.

So we should get something more then Heart of Wood... what do you suggest?

janave
12-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Yeay :D :D

Someone was busy pushing that login button :D

Domacett
12-06-2014, 11:09 AM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/8a/8a54c74f25b5856ba37da015ae040d20bc5eff314c1e0c6f8d 2379089a4e63ec.jpg

Cordovan
12-06-2014, 11:09 AM
The game worlds have reopened. Please let us know if you encounter issues similar to what was experienced this morning (log in issues, loading screen issues, LFM/grouping issues, etc.)

jasreth
12-06-2014, 11:15 AM
Here's another who only post's to whine and complain. 7 post's and I'd wager your F2P

hmm could be, but nah
I usually use my computer time to play, not much for posting.
And I didnt want to start getting addicted to anything else, not much free time as it is. hehehe

Kerria
12-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Guild ship is empty, how long does it usually take for them to reload after a reboot?

M_orGoth
12-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Here you go:

http://i.imgur.com/huLnDgQ.gif?1

Cordovan
12-06-2014, 11:18 AM
Guild ship is empty, how long does it usually take for them to reload after a reboot?

Generally 20-30 minutes.

kemetka
12-06-2014, 11:19 AM
http://i.imgur.com/J0yDn.jpg

Kerria
12-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Thank you thank you.

M_orGoth
12-06-2014, 11:23 AM

Maybe that person BOUGHT the game, and doesn't just rent? Foot-pad.

kanordog
12-06-2014, 11:31 AM

It's cool.
Glad to hear that the issues sorted.
Was quick too.
Thanks.

Daniel-A
12-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Another down day again? This is just a suggestion that I think many ddo players will agree upon. How about FIXING the problems you already have instead of worrying about making more money by releasing another update. Kinda funny to think that ddo is not realizing that more and more people are leaving for other games because they refuse to fix in game issues but would love to sell you another expansion to the game so you can have more bugs to complain about.

Vulkoorex
12-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Worlds are open. I just played 30 min on Thelanis.

Grosbeak07
12-06-2014, 11:59 AM
Another down day again? This is just a suggestion that I think many ddo players will agree upon. How about FIXING the problems you already have instead of worrying about making more money by releasing another update. Kinda funny to think that ddo is not realizing that more and more people are leaving for other games because they refuse to fix in game issues but would love to sell you another expansion to the game so you can have more bugs to complain about.

You do know the problem was not limited to DDO but affected all their games? Sorry dont see how delaying or canceling an update in DDO solves this problem.

Ancellus
12-06-2014, 01:42 PM
Could not log in earlier today - hours later the "fix" now has allowed me to log in only to find the game lags like crazy and is unplayable; quests just freeze up.

diasho2
12-06-2014, 02:22 PM
You do know the problem was not limited to DDO but affected all their games? Sorry dont see how delaying or canceling an update in DDO solves this problem.

This is the problem. Each time there is an update the additional code add complexity to the existing code. For each change in these updates that add new features or change interactions with xyz there are unintended results. It happens every time. Some of these new bugs are quickly fixed, others linger for years. He is not the first or the last to make this point.

If Turbine took six months to a year off adding new content and instead focused on cleaning up the current code I personally believe the bulk of the player base would be grateful. A few long term bugs, stuck spots, lag and other major problems may be able to be addressed.

Day to day issues still will need to be addressed, events run, etc. however, even taking all that into account the dev team should be able to address many problems if adding content was removed as a priority until some of these issues are addressed. Who knows, having a more stable, playable game may actually get more people willing to spend more money and even pull more people into the game.

icekinslayer
12-06-2014, 02:32 PM
dev team
I lol'd

axel15810
12-06-2014, 02:46 PM
This is the problem. Each time there is an update the additional code add complexity to the existing code. For each change in these updates that add new features or change interactions with xyz there are unintended results. It happens every time. Some of these new bugs are quickly fixed, others linger for years. He is not the first or the last to make this point.

If Turbine took six months to a year off adding new content and instead focused on cleaning up the current code I personally believe the bulk of the player base would be grateful. A few long term bugs, stuck spots, lag and other major problems may be able to be addressed.

Day to day issues still will need to be addressed, events run, etc. however, even taking all that into account the dev team should be able to address many problems if adding content was removed as a priority until some of these issues are addressed. Who knows, having a more stable, playable game may actually get more people willing to spend more money and even pull more people into the game.

Game has to make money to stay afloat. 6-12 months of no new content is out of the question - they can't afford it. DDO and Turbine has to make money and continue to grow to survive.

It's a tough balance...fixing bugs / cleaning up code doesn't bring in any money directly. I'm sure there are yearly/quarterly profit goals that DDO and other Turbine games are required by Turbine to hit. I understand the dilemma. It's a tough task but from all the problems they've had recently they somehow have to find room in the budget for more dev hours devoted towards performance issues. These issues are clearly getting out of hand.

I hadn't played much DDO this week and was looking forward to playing on Friday after a long work day. I admit I was very disappointed that the servers were down...again. Devs please find a way to focus more on these issues. If update 24 needs to be delayed, so be it.

Iann
12-06-2014, 03:56 PM

People have been saying that people are leaving in great numbers for 8+ years and yet the game is still here and still (IMHO) the best of the games out there. Still has thousands of people playing and no proof that huge numbers are leaving (in fact the evidence shows they are not). Since the problem wasn't just DDO but all of Turbine's games it doesn't take a Kalashtar (sp?) to realize that the current projected updates or the last update have nothing to do with the current problem. But people love to feel entitled and to yell, moan and gripe so words of wisdom will be overlooked as usual.

Kadran
12-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Was in EN Deathwyrm. Made if to the dragon. Went to shadow side. Didn't make it into a portal. Lagged out, ganged by shadows. Died. 30 min waiting. Booted from game. Log back in. Doesn't even make it to character selection. Hangs up on "cleaning up old connection. "

psykopeta
12-06-2014, 04:32 PM
PUPPIES!!!

http://dallastacobracket.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/basket-of-puppies.jpg
http://parade.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/pups-in-basket-4.jpg
http://www.dogster.com/files/basket-of-puppies.jpg
http://static.communitytable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/pups-in-basket-3.jpg
http://www.thomasbeatty.com/MATH%20PAGES/GRAPHICS/Funny%20Pictures/basket%20o'%20puppies.JPG
http://www.kimballstock.com/pix/PUP/23/PUP-23-LS0002-01P.JPG

omfg they are so damm cute i wanna eat em

guess i will have to use the oven, can't eat em alive, that's cruel

soulcarver2008
12-06-2014, 04:32 PM
The game worlds have reopened. Please let us know if you encounter issues similar to what was experienced this morning (log in issues, loading screen issues, LFM/grouping issues, etc.)

While logging in to character selection, I'm getting 0.01 Kb/s.

After selecting a character, I am stuck on load screen with "Loading.... Please wait"

depositbox
12-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Still has thousands of people playing

lol

no proof that huge numbers are leaving (in fact the evidence shows they are not).

wot?

Novasheer
12-06-2014, 05:50 PM
While logging in to character selection, I'm getting 0.01 Kb/s.

After selecting a character, I am stuck on load screen with "Loading.... Please wait"

I get to the load screen and sit. that's it! What is going on!

diasho2
12-07-2014, 01:59 AM
Game has to make money to stay afloat. 6-12 months of no new content is out of the question - they can't afford it. DDO and Turbine has to make money and continue to grow to survive.

It's a tough balance...fixing bugs / cleaning up code doesn't bring in any money directly. I'm sure there are yearly/quarterly profit goals that DDO and other Turbine games are required by Turbine to hit. I understand the dilemma. It's a tough task but from all the problems they've had recently they somehow have to find room in the budget for more dev hours devoted towards performance issues. These issues are clearly getting out of hand.

I hadn't played much DDO this week and was looking forward to playing on Friday after a long work day. I admit I was very disappointed that the servers were down...again. Devs please find a way to focus more on these issues. If update 24 needs to be delayed, so be it.

You are correct to a point. While new content brings an influx of cash with people rushing to buy the new shiny toy it also has a cost as you pointed out. With out seeing the turbine income streams I obviously am only speculating, however I am guessing if vip offers were made say special bonus points on vip for 6 mos or lower cost on vip for 6 mos or other deals. Additional funds could be added through deals on popular consumables during this time.

You are correct in saying turbine is a business and needs to make money. If the game does not make a constant influx of money through its various income streams the game gets shut down. However, if the player base becomes so frustrated with the constant problems between lag, bugs, and down time, at some point so many players will have left or have bad mouthed the game across the net that regardless of any advertising, or new content the game will be doomed.

Balance is important where does that balance sit? I couldn't say I want to see the game successful but each time an update happens bringing days of crippling lag, log in issues new bugs, old bugs that continue to get ignored, and an increasingly frustrated player base I worry that this game maybe coming to the end of its life. I really hope not, but every program reaches the end of its SDLC at some point. I personally believe that the players would accept not getting new content for a brief time and even add support in the ddo store and vip in order to get the game less buggy if that message was sent to the player base and followed up with results. If results didn't follow though it would after asking the players to pony up more cash it would likely cause even more players to quit. Like you said a balance.

Wanker
12-07-2014, 09:40 AM
Was playing Friday night with my usual guildy's after a load issue couldn't get back in. Haven't been able to log-in for more than one load screen or 10 minutes since Friday night.

Any update on when this may be fixed? Frustrating to miss weekend playing time like this.

Thank you!

Seikojin
12-08-2014, 10:07 AM
Cordovan, is there someone who can tell us why there is a lack of transparency on these down times? Knowing when they occur is critical and all, but retention will be a lot easier if people know what is causing the downtime. Even if it is as silly as someone pushed a build to the wrong server and brought everything down.

Cordovan
12-08-2014, 11:06 AM
Cordovan, is there someone who can tell us why there is a lack of transparency on these down times? Knowing when they occur is critical and all, but retention will be a lot easier if people know what is causing the downtime. Even if it is as silly as someone pushed a build to the wrong server and brought everything down.

In this particular case, we had a datacenter issue that impacted both our primary and backup switches.

Seikojin
12-08-2014, 04:00 PM
In this particular case, we had a datacenter issue that impacted both our primary and backup switches.

Thanks for the info. Do you think there could be that level of information provided by Ops to twitter and facebook when those ops level issues occur?

ayalaco
12-09-2014, 12:11 PM
again I cannot log on - argo server - new crash??

Nadalis
12-09-2014, 12:35 PM
I cannot log in right now either. Is there something we are not aware of?
I didn't read anything about a hotfix or update or server down time.

tomthumb35
12-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Yep Ive downloaded the Game 4 times and once with steam I start the update it gets to a certian point i think 88% then fails from then on Cant even log in it fails every time