PDA

View Full Version : Monstrous races- will they ever happen in DDO?

Nachomammashouse
11-30-2014, 05:15 PM
I so want lizardfolk, kobold, half giant, minotaur, etc. as playable races. I feel like this would add so much fun and flavor and at the same time breathe new life into existing classes. I'd love to even see an update that was just say for example 4 races and just a couple simple quests.

Will it ever happen?

the_one_dwarfforged
12-01-2014, 01:00 AM
honestly doubt it. they can barely upchuck any content.

also, get off my lawn.

Sir_Noob
12-01-2014, 02:20 AM
also, get off my lawn.

Are you suggesting Flamingos or Gnomes?

Uska
12-01-2014, 06:57 AM
I certainly hope not, except maybe kobold and even that would be annoying due to people wanting to always be going kobold hate you

axel15810
12-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Nope, I doubt we'll see any additional races unless they use the same body types as existing races. It's just too time consuming for the developers.

Notice how they used Half-orc body types for PDK, elf for morninglord and human for shadar-kai?

It's so much work to create a new body type and then go back and make a new cosmetic version of every single displayable item in the game (armor, weapons, helms, ect.). Not to mention all the other coding involved. Introducing a new body type is a huge project. And one that's probably not worth all the dev hours it would take.

I remember the devs talking about gnomes when asked about it...they basically said it wasn't worth the time it would take.

As far as new races I'm betting we are very likely to see iconic dwarves and/or halflings at some point. But as far as completely new body types...nope.

the_one_dwarfforged
12-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Notice how they used Half-orc body types for PDK, elf for morninglord and human for shadar-kai?

they shouldve used human body type for pdks. seeing as how theyre actually humans and not halforcs, and all that. also then they would be playable...

Inoukchuk
12-01-2014, 01:53 PM
they shouldve used human body type for pdks. seeing as how theyre actually humans and not halforcs, and all that. also then they would be playable...

/agreed

Fnordian
12-01-2014, 08:34 PM
I certainly hope not, except maybe kobold and even that would be annoying due to people wanting to always be going kobold hate you

They could add a chat check filter. If any player playing a kobold types "Kobold still hate you!" (or words to that effect), a bolt of lightning instantly zaps them and they die.

If any other player types it, they're immediately surrounded by 1000 kobolds and harried to death.