PDA

View Full Version : The Sleeping Spell Inn

Mopacman
11-30-2014, 04:58 PM
I have made it back to the ship and I have the scepter in hand but have no idea on how to use it to open a portal. Any help plz?

FestusHood
11-30-2014, 05:03 PM
i think you activate if from a hotbar like a clicky.

Mopacman
11-30-2014, 05:06 PM
It equips like a regular weapon and I have run around the ship for an hour now swinging it at everything.

FestusHood
11-30-2014, 05:09 PM
Open your inventory and drag it onto one of your hotbars. Click it from there.

Mopacman
11-30-2014, 05:10 PM
Open your inventory and drag it onto one of your hotbars. Click it from there.

That's what I am doing.

FestusHood
11-30-2014, 05:15 PM
You are clicking on it on the hotbar with your mouse pointer? It's a different thing than attacking with it. Also stand on the end of the ship by the shrine.

Mopacman
11-30-2014, 05:22 PM
You are clicking on it on the hotbar with your mouse pointer? It's a different thing than attacking with it. Also stand on the end of the ship by the shrine.

Yeah, doing it just like that. Just comes up with a "that weapon set is already equipped". I have tried changing weapons and reequipping with the scepter but no change. I am often confused on what to do and probably something pretty simple. Hate to leave the quest without finishing.

Scrabbler
11-30-2014, 05:24 PM
Yeah, doing it just like that. Just comes up with a "that weapon set is already equipped". I have tried changing weapons and reequipping with the scepter but no change. I am often confused on what to do and probably something pretty simple. Hate to leave the quest without finishing.
Push I to open inventory.

Double-click on the scepter (putting it in your hand).
Double-click on the scepter again (casting the spell).

Mopacman
11-30-2014, 05:36 PM
Push I to open inventory.

Double-click on the scepter (putting it in your hand).
Double-click on the scepter again (casting the spell).

I've tried all of that. I appreciate your help.

PermaBanned
11-30-2014, 05:38 PM

"That set is already equipped" sounds like you're trying to use it from those green weapon set boxes below the backpack spaces on the inventory screen - this isn't what you want. Have it hot-barred direct from the backpack and not the "weapon set" green boxes; or with the inventory screen open double click on it directly while it's in your hand and it should open a portal at the back of the ship. You'll need to do this (use the scepter's clicky) again after exiting the ship to summon the Lord of Eyes himself to compete the quest.

Mopacman
11-30-2014, 05:49 PM
"That set is already equipped" sounds like you're trying to use it from those green weapon set boxes below the backpack spaces on the inventory screen - this isn't what you want. Have it hot-barred direct from the backpack and not the "weapon set" green boxes; or with the inventory screen open double click on it directly while it's in your hand and it should open a portal at the back of the ship. You'll need to do this (use the scepter's clicky) again after exiting the ship to summon the Lord of Eyes himself to compete the quest.

The green weapon box was my mistake. Thank you. Enjoy your evening.

PermaBanned
11-30-2014, 06:08 PM
The green weapon box was my mistake. Thank you. Enjoy your evening.

Glad to help!

cdemeritt
12-01-2014, 09:02 AM
Ok, off topic... but I think it's time we do something about the Sleeping Spell in.... I think we need to demand The Twelve take action... it is a hotspot for Xoriat activity... 3 times I've gone in there to clean up the mess (Delirium, Acute Delirium, and now Terminal Delirium) from dancing bookcases, to drinking parties with beholders to Daelky family reunions... this place is just a hazard to Stormreach, Xen'drik, and all of Eberron. We need to isolate it, put barriers around it or at least teleport it off that old Xoriat burial grounds... My vote, burn it to the ground with fire....