PDA

View Full Version : Vampire form WAI? Stacking Fort, healing on thrower

Saekee
11-30-2014, 03:41 PM
As title--is this working as intended?
Was playing a bit with Vampire form tier 5 Pale master tree. I found that the display listed my fortication at 210% (stacking with Symbiont (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Sustaining_Symbiont) (which is exceptional and should stack) and a sapphire of heavy fort). Also, I was getting healing on my shuriken throws--EACH one that hit was giving one hit point negative energy healing.

Improved Shrouding: Your Undead Shrouds gain the following additional benefits:
While in Shroud of the Juju Zombie, you gain +2 Constitution, 15 Physical Resistance Rating, and your Damage Reduction increases to 10/Slashing.
While in Shroud of the Master Vampire, you gain +2 Dexterity, your vulnerability to Light damage is reduced to 200% (from 300%), and your melee and unarmed attacks heal you for 1 point of Negative Energy damage.
While in Shroud of the Dread Wraith, you gain +2 Dexterity and your Incorporeal Miss Chance increases from 25% to 35%.
While in Shroud of the Archlich, you gain an additional +2 Intelligence and +10 to Negative Energy Spellpower.

JamesNiels
12-01-2014, 09:27 AM
You pretty much answered your own question, IF the description of the enhancement is displayed as intended, who knows in this game, then it's not working as intended :P

Saekee
12-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Seems too good to be true. Am interested in undead PM forms due to all the xoriat, level-draining and stat-draining epic content now. The healing on the shurikens is just insane. Throwers are already nigh-unkillable..

Firewall
12-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Yes that definately sounds like a bug and not WAI. You can tell that even from the way this ability was meant flavor wise because draining HP from a monster should not work at range. That's why you cannot find or craft any form of vampirism on ranged/thrown weapons in DDO. That would probably make builds like the Dread Ninja quite overpowered.

Saekee
12-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Yes that definately sounds like a bug and not WAI. You can tell that even from the way this ability was meant flavor wise because draining HP from a monster should not work at range. That's why you cannot find or craft any form of vampirism on ranged/thrown weapons in DDO. That would probably make builds like the Dread Ninja quite overpowered.

hi Firewall, thx for your feedback. Yup, definitely not WAI but I wonder if it will ever be fixed--throwers are notoriously buggy.
I will post some screenie of the hits later. My build is not specced for a thrower--the only feat I have on it is shuriken expertise--but it does reveal the healing. No sign of it proccing life stealing.