PDA

View Full Version : troll fighter iconic

the_one_dwarfforged
11-30-2014, 07:24 AM
troll fighter iconic

-2/3 of:
racial tactics enhancement, racial improved power attack enhancement, racial extra action boosts enhancement (maybe tactics and boosts so its not a wf or horc?)

+2 str or con.
-2 int and cha. or -4 cha, because trolls are damn smelly, and trolls should not be good paladins or bards.

racial enhancement along the lines of fast healing or the new frenzy thing (troll fast healing).

racial enhancement foil of "halfling heroic companion" -> "halfling snack companion", allows you to eat a halfling for some short term bonus or other (maybe make it an action boost?).

greedy, unnecessary, overboard, op, ddostyle. make it happen.

bartharok
11-30-2014, 10:27 AM
troll fighter iconic

-2/3 of:
racial tactics enhancement, racial improved power attack enhancement, racial extra action boosts enhancement (maybe tactics and boosts so its not a wf or horc?)

+2 str or con.
-2 int and cha. or -4 cha, because trolls are damn smelly, and trolls should not be good paladins or bards.

racial enhancement along the lines of fast healing or the new frenzy thing (troll fast healing).

racial enhancement foil of "halfling heroic companion" -> "halfling snack companion", allows you to eat a halfling for some short term bonus or other (maybe make it an action boost?).

greedy, unnecessary, overboard, op, ddostyle. make it happen.

How about a trollish wardrummer?

Inoukchuk
11-30-2014, 10:31 AM
Certainly a thread that invites trolling.

Uska
11-30-2014, 11:15 AM
umm please no trolls, ogres, Giants and many others should never be playable

Hobgoblin
11-30-2014, 11:27 AM
nvm

Inoukchuk
11-30-2014, 12:36 PM
umm please no trolls, ogres, Giants and many others should never be playable

You assumed he was serious. Perhaps re-read.

Lonnbeimnech
11-30-2014, 12:54 PM
We already have an iconic fighter, purple dragon knight. I think troll would be more suited for barbarian anyway.

According to d&dwiki they get a +12 to str and con!, They should probably get a -6 to int cha and wisdom to balance that out a bit.

Monkey-Boy
11-30-2014, 01:32 PM
Half-Ogre please.

Failedlegend
11-30-2014, 05:05 PM
We already have an iconic fighter, purple dragon knight. I think troll would be more suited for barbarian anyway.

According to d&dwiki they get a +12 to str and con!, They should probably get a -6 to int cha and wisdom to balance that out a bit.

I'm not a big fan of the iconics and their forced level but if the devs insist on adding more of them I wouls not be aginst half-ogre's, trolls and the like...frankly we have enough "standard MMO races (ie. we have FIVE elves)" so I would love to see something more unique

That said giving them +12 Str/Con is WAY beyond ridiculous at most +2Str/Con w/ -2 ro 2 stats or something similar.

fmalfeas
11-30-2014, 05:09 PM

Troll favored class is Ranger. So...um...+12 str and con on a Tempest...and since they're Large, they could wield a greatsword in each hand like it was a normal 1h weapon. The quest for ESOS would go through the roof!

Uska
11-30-2014, 07:38 PM
What do you like?

I see a lot of ideas, but never one from you, and whenever someone posts something, you are like; that sucks never do that.

Gnomes, Kobolds the missing eberron races

Uska
11-30-2014, 07:38 PM
You assumed he was serious. Perhaps re-read.

So then save the jokes for a proper day like April fools

Hobgoblin
11-30-2014, 08:30 PM

dont mind jokes, but i wish we could tell if he was serious.........

if joking its funny. if serious way too much power creep

hob

Braegan
11-30-2014, 09:00 PM

Lol, only one day a year is allowed for jokes?

You're a big ball of fun aren't cha?

Uska
11-30-2014, 09:42 PM
Lol, only one day a year is allowed for jokes?

You're a big ball of fun aren't cha?

No good jokes are fine every day but unfunny jokes should be saved for that day. And the sugestion section should be for that and never for jokes

Braegan
11-30-2014, 11:09 PM
No good jokes are fine every day but unfunny jokes should be saved for that day. And the sugestion section should be for that and never for jokes

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu328/zerosignal/francis.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/zerosignal/media/francis.jpg.html)

the_one_dwarfforged
12-01-2014, 12:57 AM
dont mind jokes, but i wish we could tell if he was serious.........

if joking its funny. if serious way too much power creep

hob

half joking half serious.

recognize it would be stupid powerful but...why would it be power creep with things like bladeforged which are pretty much the same thing?

honestly i just want to play a smelly ugly looking troll that is good at fighting. because horcs suck and i dont like them. :/ and i decided ogres or i guess half ogres are not ugly enough.

Uska
12-01-2014, 06:41 AM
http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu328/zerosignal/francis.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/zerosignal/media/francis.jpg.html)

Now see that is funny

fmalfeas
12-01-2014, 03:43 PM
half joking half serious.

recognize it would be stupid powerful but...why would it be power creep with things like bladeforged which are pretty much the same thing?

honestly i just want to play a smelly ugly looking

Half-elf males aren't good enough for you?

Mercureal
12-01-2014, 04:44 PM

I thought the whole Suggestions forum itself was meant as a joke. :)

Uska
12-01-2014, 06:47 PM
I thought the whole Suggestions forum itself was meant as a joke. :)

that's a little funny to

bsquishwizzy
12-02-2014, 04:25 PM
I'm a little disappointed that no one has mentioned anything about nipples. it's a sad, sad day...

That being said: +4 to STR and CON, -4 to CHR and INT. Have them take 200% damage fire and acid attacks with this insane ability to regen HP (10% / 15% / 20% per every 3 seconds?), and a Greatclub proficiency (if that even applies). Give them a barbarian-like Rage capability.

I hate the concept of Iconics, because you can't start them at lvl 1. But as far as offbeat or flavor toons go, this would kinda be cool.

Failedlegend
12-02-2014, 11:14 PM
I hate the concept of Iconics, because you can't start them at lvl 1. But as far as offbeat or flavor toons go, this would kinda be cool.

Slight clarification you CAN start them at w/e level you want from 1-15 I level iconics are actually GREAT for static groups if you have a memeber or two that don't attend every session they can just level up when everyone else does.

I assume your referring to the forced class @ level 1, if this is true I 100% agree with you that it should not be that way.

I also would like Vet 4/7 to work like Iconics where you just get that amount of xp instead of only being able to be Lvl 4 OR 7 (IOW you can choose to stop leveling at any point)

psykopeta
12-03-2014, 09:23 AM
I'm a little disappointed that no one has mentioned anything about nipples. it's a sad, sad day...

That being said: +4 to STR and CON, -4 to CHR and INT. Have them take 200% damage fire and acid attacks with this insane ability to regen HP (10% / 15% / 20% per every 3 seconds?), and a Greatclub proficiency (if that even applies). Give them a barbarian-like Rage capability.

nice regen

would be even better if it was like harper's tree, so u can be a "troll of spirit" with every race

which is the biggest point if playing a troll

Monkey-Boy
12-03-2014, 09:29 AM
nice regen

would be even better if it was like harper's tree, so u can be a "troll of spirit" with every race

which is the biggest point if playing a troll

The spirit of Teh_Troll is with all of us.

bennyson
12-05-2014, 10:46 AM
The spirit of Teh_Troll is with all of us.

All hail Teh_Troll.

Hobgoblin
12-05-2014, 10:47 AM
All hail Teh_Troll.

teh_troll is dead.

bennyson
12-05-2014, 10:56 AM
teh_troll is dead.

Rather harsh, ya think?

bsquishwizzy
12-05-2014, 11:01 AM
teh_troll is dead.

Pfft!

No...he's just regenerating.

Failedlegend
12-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Pfft!

No...he's just regenerating.

Lol TheMinions were discussing troll regeneration on our DDO livestream on monday, fun stuff.

Hobgoblin
12-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Rather harsh, ya think?

not really.

hes only mostly dead. not all dead. with all dead all you can do is go through his pockets and look for loose change