PDA

View Full Version : Various events and the shared bank

Xental
11-30-2014, 05:55 AM
Hello,

Dear Turbine, lets talk about biggest, in my opinion, problem at the moment, that is quite disturbing.
Firstly i must say that account comparisons are quite well made. It is fair that free to play accounts do not have as much as others and premium ones are not that far behind vip-s. But i'd like to mention that most events offers bound to accounts prizes/items like: Dungeons and Dragons Online anniversary, pirates and coins event, i don't remember name, and some others. My point is that i can't trade items between my characters without the shared bank. Now look, i'm premium one, and when the anniversary event appeared i was so happy that i'll possibly gain few stat tomes with a bit of luck. Okay, but when event ended i made a table where i wrote down all my needs like my artificer would be super happy if he receive +3 dexterity or +3 intelligence stat tome and i got cards for it so i created that 2 tomes then i tried to send them to my artificer but it said that i cant...

"That item can not be mailed."

Now i want to ask you why? In most MMO's that i have played bound to account items can be mailed between one person characters, then why not here? Look the shared bank is a great tool to transfer fast many many items. It may be super useful to for example true reincarnation toons or crafters. it saves a lot of time because normally you have to go to the mail box and send things one by one and in addition pay some fee.

Big problem is that the people who bought the shared bank don't have just advantage of more space or something they just experience the difference between bound to character and bound to account items. I as premium one can't feel one.. which is quite sad.

Conclusion,

I think You should update it somehow and i have got some solutions that i want to share with You.
1) Make one slot of the shared bank for premium accounts, like vip-s but only one slot, that would allow people who put some money in game to feel the difference between bound to account and bound to character items. Which i think is fair, because i find out that is needed to truly experience the game and that is what people, who pay even little, want.
2) Make bound to account items possible to mail because why not at all.

Xental
12-01-2014, 10:36 AM
bump?

Inoukchuk
12-01-2014, 10:42 AM
bump?

Spend some TP and get a shared bank. Done, problem solved.

Bound items of any kind can't be mailed because mail feature allows you to send outside your account.

Xental
12-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Spend some TP and get a shared bank. Done, problem solved.

Bound items of any kind can't be mailed because mail feature allows you to send outside your account.

don't you think it is quite a mess? i mmo's like WoW or DN GW2 and others i can send BTA items via mail, spend some tp you say... Great.. if i only have some spare ~1400 tp sure i ll buy it but i don't have any on stock atm, and tell me why should i spend 1400 tp on something that wont give me anything at all i could buy class or 2 classes / some quests / even race for that prize...

Inoukchuk
12-01-2014, 01:29 PM
don't you think it is quite a mess? i mmo's like WoW or DN GW2 and others i can send BTA items via mail, spend some tp you say... Great.. if i only have some spare ~1400 tp sure i ll buy it but i don't have any on stock atm, and tell me why should i spend 1400 tp on something that wont give me anything at all i could buy class or 2 classes / some quests / even race for that prize...

Shared bank is maybe the best QOL feature in the game and worth the TP. Farm the TP or buy the TP, either way. It sounds like you are completely F2P and provide nothing to the game to keep the lights on. That's fine, just don't expect them to cater changes to you if you've invested nothing to get them.

That said, I'd be all for bank improvements. I personally want all my bank space (shared or personal) doubled. They keep adding levels and gear and increasing how much stuff we need to save for future lives without increasing our bank space.

Archangel666
12-01-2014, 01:37 PM
It sounds like you are completely F2P and provide nothing to the game to keep the lights on.

While I don't necessarily agree with the OP's proposal, the above is flat out wrong.

F2P players provide one of the most valuable commodities in an MMO.

Server Presence.

If every F2P player stopped logging in, how long before every server looked like Wayfinder?

Inoukchuk
12-01-2014, 01:51 PM
While I don't necessarily agree with the OP's proposal, the above is flat out wrong.

F2P players provide one of the most valuable commodities in an MMO.

Server Presence.

If every F2P player stopped logging in, how long before every server looked like Wayfinder?

Sure, and every F2P player needs to have an incentive to be slightly more than F2P, something enticing to spend TP on. Very little in that regard compares to the shared bank. And if you are so vehemently opposed to spending $ to get it, then you can farm the TP from favor to get it. You buy it once, and have it forever. If it's a priority for you (as it should be IMO), it's available to you. I really don't see a problem here. If nobody spends $ on the game, server presence won't matter, the lights go off, so everyone needs some incentive to spend.