PDA

View Full Version : Late to the party...

BaronVonBoom
11-29-2014, 05:19 AM
Hi guys n gals:)

As stated above ive just started playing ddo & although late to the party im enjoying what im seeing so far.

Grabbed the starter pack & a few points to see whats what before heavily investing or subbing & was just looking for general advice because as is the case with joining any mmo especially one thats been around a while, theres a hell of a lot to catch up on & learn.

Any adventure packs to recommend? Items to grab from the store etc?

Plus any general newbie advice would be appreciated:) It seems a big old world & im not afraid to say im feeling a tad lost lol

On a side note it does use THACO right? right? =p

Cheers in advance

Boom

gamblorjb
11-29-2014, 05:45 AM
Welcome!

DDO is a really great MMO with lots of character customization to allow you to pretty much play any way you like. The best thing to do at the start is to play around with some characters and delete them if you feel it's not what you like. Try to get 100 favor before you delete as you get TP (25) for every 100 favor, which you can then use to buy different adventure packs.

My first suggestion is to buy the MOTU and Shadowfell expansions this weekend as they are 75% off and you will not find a better deal than that. It would cost you about $20 for both and you get a bunch of extras along with it, including TP points that you can then use to buy adventure packs.

As far as adventure packs to buy, if you buy the expansions you will get some packs with them, so if you are going to get the expansions, hold off on adventure packs until you see what you get (can't remember exactly what they are).

Most packs are fun but you definitely want Vale of Twillight, VON, Demon Queen (sands), Gianthold and the necropolis packs. Delera's as well to get some nice low level gear including a 5% xp trinket.

All in all, a great game and nice to see new blood. Enjoy your stay and if you are playing on Thelanis, send me a tell and I can give you some starter stuff.

Good luck and have fun!

BaronVonBoom
11-29-2014, 07:10 AM
Many thanks for the response tis appreciated:)

Went & grabbed the Shadowfell CE from Steam for £7.50 / $12 & with the 2000TP you get with it I just grabbed the MOTU from the DDO store for 1250TP so that seems like a hella lot of content for not much $$$.

Have only really started a couple of toons but will play around & see whats what before making any further decisions but at the prices they are now wouldve been foolish to pass those up:)

Thanks for the gear offer but im over on Gallandra at the moment but may roll a new one an come say hi!

Thanks again

Boom

dunklezhan
11-29-2014, 07:28 AM
Many thanks for the response tis appreciated:)

Went & grabbed the Shadowfell CE from Steam for £7.50 / $12 & with the 2000TP you get with it I just grabbed the MOTU from the DDO store for 1250TP so that seems like a hella lot of content for not much $$$.

Have only really started a couple of toons but will play around & see whats what before making any further decisions but at the prices they are now wouldve been foolish to pass those up:)

Thanks for the gear offer but im over on Gallandra at the moment but may roll a new one an come say hi!

Thanks again

Boom

Note that shadowfell/MOTU are quests for about L15s and up, so you won't be playing that content for a while (still an amazing deal, it wasn't a mistake to buy them).

Depending on how bored you get of repeating stuff, I personally would recommend Three Barrel Cove (L5-7) - it comes with a bunch of quests, an epic version, and has some nice low level loot. 3BC is pirates, mostly. Red Fens is another good lowish level one (L9) with a few quests and an epic version. Red fens is sauhagin and drow, mostly. Both have explorer areas too. However, I recommend these based on how much fun I have with them. 3BC particularly is a love it/hate it pack.

If you prefer undead, then the necropolis series is generally well recommended - really, you'll need to group for some of the quests. Personally, I can't stand the necro chains, they're too dark and depressing for me - but lots of folk swear by them and there's no doubting they're good XP and have the potential for nice loot. However, there are 4 necro packs covering levels 5>15ish, so it can be pricey all together especially if you buy them separately (you can buy them individually or as a 4 pack). Necro 4 (L13-15ish) comes with a raid, explorer area and some quests. If you have to buy just one, I'd buy that one. I would recommend Gianthold over that though myself - its about the same level range, also comes with a raid and explorer and a bunch of quests, and the quests are (for me) some of the best in the game.

Anyway - 3BC, Red Fens and Necro 4 plus the various free quests should be enough to fairly easily get you to L15 so you can do the F2P flagging quests for MOTU and then you're probably good from there if you want to do it on minimal purchases.

That's not to say there aren't some great packs that have already been recommended for you. You should definitely consider for instance getting the pack which has Vale of Twilight and the Shroud raid in (the pack I think comes with some really good other stuff at a higher level).

Saekee
11-29-2014, 08:06 AM
Right now Haunted Halls and the other epic are on sale. In truth you will probably be better off patiently waiting a long time before epic play...
To learn the game, casually play with different classes and playstyles on each server, taking them all to at least 100 favor ranks (it is a one-time rank award based on the difficulty setting of a quest). 100 favor gets you bonus turbine points--there is also a one-time server bonus for the first 100. This way you learn the game, classes, builds, races, etc. Delete them after--no reason to get too attached. You can also feel out the various servers and maybe even just focus on 1 character (I did this). The low-level quests are mostly free and offer some variety.
I also sugget you save up your TP no matter how tempted you are to by that resurrection cake...

gamblorjb
11-29-2014, 08:12 AM
Hey should have also mentioned 2 other things.

1. Forums are a great source of information of many things but especially getting help on building a character. There are many out there so once you decide what type you want to play look one up or start a thread saying that you are looking for a build for such and such type of character. Most will be build around end play (level 28) or you would need ability tomes to make it work. If you state the type of thing you are looking for and what you have access to, I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction. You can also download this planner (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO/) which lets you build a character right to 28 so you can plan ahead.

2. If you don't already know about it http://ddowiki.com/ is a great source of information. Some of it is a bit dated but it has a ton on information, including a walkthrough of every quest. I wouldn't recommend reading those unless you are stuck as it will ruin some of the surprises (ie fun!). It also lists what you can do with the collectables you find (where to turn them in and what u get) as well as all the named items in the game (weapons, armor, etc). Lots more stuff as well, worth a look at.

Hope that helps some. Remember ask away. DDO has a great community and lots of people willing to help new players.

gamblorjb
11-29-2014, 08:19 AM
Ok wouldn't let me edit above post.

As the poster above me last one said, don't waste your TP of frivolous things. Save up your TP for important things like adventure packs, shared bank space, etc. Keep in mind that DDO has sales every week and adventure packs are often on sale. There is enough free content to play until you get a sale. There will probably be good sale come Christmas time.

Of course if you decide to sub (VIP), you don't need to buy any of the adventure packs as they are free to VIPs (expansion are not included but u bought those already). If you sub ends though, you lose access to anything that you haven't bought. Some will say VIP is better in short run, but buying (premium) is better long term. Personally, I think it's a personal choice. VIP gets you lots more than just adventure pack access. I was premium for 4 years and have all the packs, but decided to go VIP a couple of months ago and I think it's worth it.

Have fun!

Atremus
11-29-2014, 08:45 AM
As stated above ive just started playing ddo & although late to the party im enjoying what im seeing so far.

Welcome to DDO. This game is addictive if you play it long enough. If you are into D&D, there is plenty of it here.

Recommended Packs (not currently on sale):

Necro I, II, IV (I don't like part III personally)
Deleras
3BC
Catacombs
Giant Hold
Vale
Xoriat stuff (Harbringer and Reign of Madness)

These are zones most people use for experience and gear as they level characters. Since you are new, only buy as you need in case you find that DDO just isn't for you. Also, there is a great resource [wiki] that can help you through the entire game. If you aren't into spoilers, don't look at the quest section...

Link to DDOwiki (http://ddowiki.com/)

Plus any general newbie advice would be appreciated:) It seems a big old world & im not afraid to say im feeling a tad lost lol

Most of us are still lost so you will fit right in. DDO like any MMO has waves of what's popular and not popular. Casters, Melee and Divines (Healers) are the main types of classes. Casters can be a bit hard to start out with because of the small spell point pool and/or low STR values for damage. But they will shine in the middle/upper levels. Wizard and Firewall is a great way to level once you can get that spell, for example.

Melees are great early on and still good throughout the whole game. Paladin is the "in thing" currently.

Divines are very strong as well. My favorite class personally, outside of Monk.

Let your playstyle guide you.

One final note: Quest Difficulty, Norm - Hard - Elite. Elite at first will stink. Hard should be OK. Don't feel bad for running normal just to figure everything out. There is enough XP in the game to get to cap on Normal.

Recently we've moved away from the D20 for Attack. It's still there, but in some convoluted way. However, there are D100 (or variants of it) for loot rolling. Hence the term: May you not roll any 4's. Just goof off at first. Create a character and go exploring. The game will be a challenge at first. If it is too much, you can group with others to make it easier.

dunklezhan
11-29-2014, 08:52 AM

Boom

DDO is based on DnD 3rd edition. THACO was abandoned for 3rd ed, so it's not in DDO. That said, don't mistake DDO for DnD when it comes to character building. Things that work in PnP are unlikely to work here, and things that just dont' work in PnP might work brilliantly. In DDO the watchword for many - not all - people is self sufficiency. Multiclassing is generally a lot stronger than pure classing... which does not mean pure classes cannot play and succeed, they just may not be ableto compete. I play almost entirely pure classes, because I don't care at all about competing :)

Check out the Wiki and look for new player builds - they are horribly horribly out of date but they still work and they're still better than the 'paths' that you can follow from Character generation in game.

LuKaSu
11-29-2014, 09:49 AM
Welcome!

DDO is a really great MMO with lots of character customization to allow you to pretty much play any way you like. The best thing to do at the start is to play around with some characters and delete them if you feel it's not what you like. Try to get 100 favor before you delete as you get TP (25) for every 100 favor, which you can then use to buy different adventure packs.

My first suggestion is to buy the MOTU and Shadowfell expansions this weekend as they are 75% off and you will not find a better deal than that. It would cost you about $20 for both and you get a bunch of extras along with it, including TP points that you can then use to buy adventure packs.

As far as adventure packs to buy, if you buy the expansions you will get some packs with them, so if you are going to get the expansions, hold off on adventure packs until you see what you get (can't remember exactly what they are).

Most packs are fun but you definitely want Vale of Twillight, VON, Demon Queen (sands), Gianthold and the necropolis packs. Delera's as well to get some nice low level gear including a 5% xp trinket.

All in all, a great game and nice to see new blood. Enjoy your stay and if you are playing on Thelanis, send me a tell and I can give you some starter stuff.

Good luck and have fun!

This is all excellent advice. Buying the two expansions for $21.50 total will make you set for a long time. They also come with a bunch of turbine points, with which you can buy packs that he listed. Deals this good only come out this one weekend of the year, so it's the perfect time to start playing.

One thing that he missed though is shared bank space. It is priceless to be able to pass equipment among your players.

So, my advice.

1) Buy MotU and Shadowfell expansion packs (the best version of both) for $21.50.
2) Buy shared bank space
3) Spend any more TP that you have buying adventure packs. (I would go Deleras, Vault of Night, Gianthold, Vale of Twilight, then whatever sounds like fun. But I'm pretty sure that you can make it into epic levels with just those four packs, and those expansion packs that you bought at first both have other packs included in them that will take you through epics)
4) I don't know how much more tps you would have, if any, but then you can pick up other races or classes if you'd like. You can play no problem without, but they are fun new ways of playing. Monks are pretty nice. Favored Souls are nice, but with the current state of the game, Clerics are just as good. I personally love half elves, but some other people aren't a fan.

Kawai
11-29-2014, 10:11 AM
Welcome :)

BaronVonBoom
11-29-2014, 10:36 AM
Thanks for all of the responses:)

Compared to many other MMO forums this is shockingly nice behaviour which im not used to lol

Have compiled a rough list of adventure packs from all your suggestions & will look at them after ive had a playthrough with a new toon tonight:)

As for my THACO comment it was just a poor attempt at humour so apologies, being an old AD&D 2nd Edtn player Im quite fond of it but know that it isnt so widely well thought of.

Cheers all & fingers crossed I can find my feet!

Boom

dunklezhan
11-29-2014, 12:18 PM
As for my THACO comment it was just a poor attempt at humour so apologies, being an old AD&D 2nd Edtn player Im quite fond of it but know that it isnt so widely well thought of.

Don't mistake my explanation for approval of abandoning THAC0 ;)

Kipling
11-29-2014, 01:04 PM
Thanks for all of the responses:)

Compared to many other MMO forums this is shockingly nice behaviour which im not used to lol

Have compiled a rough list of adventure packs from all your suggestions & will look at them after ive had a playthrough with a new toon tonight:)

Cheers all & fingers crossed I can find my feet!

Boom

If your Shadowfell pack came with iconics, you can start them @ any level up to 15. Still a good idea to get your feet wet with a regular char @ level 1.

EllisDee37
11-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Went & grabbed the Shadowfell CE from Steam for £7.50 / $12 & with the 2000TP you get with it I just grabbed the MOTU from the DDO store for 1250TP so that seems like a hella lot of content for not much $$$.That's a bit of a bummer, but not the end of the world. Buying MotU in the DDO Market instead of the Store costs $8.75 right now and gives you 1000 TP plus four adventure packs, druid, and a greater tome of learning, none of which you get from the store purchase I don't think. (So you'd have 4 packs + 3000 TP now instead of 0 packs and 750 TP.)

No worries, though, you'll still be fine. There is some new player info linked in my signature you might be interested in, along with several new player builds.

BaronVonBoom
11-29-2014, 03:22 PM
That's a bit of a bummer, but not the end of the world. Buying MotU in the DDO Market instead of the Store costs $8.75 right now and gives you 1000 TP plus four adventure packs, druid, and a greater tome of learning, none of which you get from the store purchase I don't think. (So you'd have 4 packs + 3000 TP now instead of 0 packs and 750 TP.)

No worries, though, you'll still be fine. There is some new player info linked in my signature you might be interested in, along with several new player builds.

Yeah it seems i shot myself in the foot with a barrel load of eagerness =/

I checked the store MotU & thought it had pretty much all of it apart from the TP but alas seems I was too rash..

Customer support any good for this title? Just in case I can cancel that store purchase & spend the $$$ instead?

Lonnbeimnech
11-29-2014, 03:33 PM
Yeah it seems i shot myself in the foot with a barrel load of eagerness =/

I checked the store MotU & thought it had pretty much all of it apart from the TP but alas seems I was too rash..

Customer support any good for this title? Just in case I can cancel that store purchase & spend the $$$ instead?

In game support, via submit ticket, is not the same as getting on the phone and calling customer support. On the phone they seem to be much more eager and capable of helping with actual money issues.

You might have to wait til monday.

For Account Management Phone Support please call
1-855-WBGAMES (1-855-924-2637) or 1-781-407-4020.

English Support is available Monday to Friday from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM Eastern

EllisDee37
11-29-2014, 03:36 PM
Customer support any good for this title? Just in case I can cancel that store purchase & spend the $$$ instead?You know, they might be. Certainly worth a shot. The sale says through Monday, so maybe if you can't get through this weekend (not sure what their phone hours are) you can try to call on Monday morning to get the refund and still buy MotU in the market.

I went ahead and bought MotU in the market this weekend despite already having bought the lesser version, so even if you get no help it might be worth considering. I'm not sure you should do this before calling, though.

Just an FYI, one of the packs that comes with MotU (Phiarlan Carnival) is a level 5 pack, so it's not like you have to wait until epics to get any value out of it.

Assuming for the moment that customer support helps you out and you end up with the 3000 TP, my recommendation would be to immediately pick up:

Vault of Night
Ruins of Gianthold
Vale of Twilight

Those are the "big three." They are three of the best packs in the game, and they offer plenty of xp at the right levels so that you can easily level from 1 to 28 even if you get no other packs.

The other key new player purchase to keep an eye on is the shared bank, which is not currently on sale so maybe save up for it with the TP you earn in-game and wait for a sale.

Sehenry03
11-29-2014, 03:48 PM
Welcome to DDO =)

I saw you are playing on Ghallandra and I hope you do well...if you find it hard to get groups or help feel free to make a character on Sarlona and do a search for Hirtz or Ziffin or Mheka or Duskh and I would be happy to help you out. I recently TR'ed 2 toons so they are both low lvl and could easily show you around and help you get going with gear. This game is great and I hope you fall in love with it like I did.

And THAC0 is the biggest loss to AD&D ever!!!!

EllisDee37
12-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Any luck with customer support?

It occurs to me that if they aren't open today, you can purchase MotU standard edition for $8.75 in the market now and not apply it to your account until after you resolve the 1250 MotU store purchase tomorrow. This might make your phone support case more compelling, as well:

"High, I'd either like to cancel a DDO Store purchase for 1250 TP, or cancel a credit card purchase for $8.75. Which would you rather I cancel?"

No doubt actual money is better for the bottom line than the cash-less store purchase.

BaronVonBoom
12-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Thanks again for all the responses guys & gals:)

Been happily testing out toons, learning the basics an all that.
Gotta say im finding it really refreshing compared to most other current mmos out there at the moment. I know it seems laughable but the mere fact that there are traps/secret doors in most dungeons just makes you shake your head at how wrong mmos have been going to drop such basic features & how lazy its making gamers (pointing the finger at myself). Sure ive got a long way to go but that can only be a good thing right? Dungeons get more maniacal im hoping?

It occurs to me that if they aren't open today, you can purchase MotU standard edition for $8.75 in the market now and not apply it to your account until after you resolve the 1250 MotU store purchase tomorrow. This might make your phone support case more compelling, as well:

"High, I'd either like to cancel a DDO Store purchase for 1250 TP, or cancel a credit card purchase for $8.75. Which would you rather I cancel?"

No doubt actual money is better for the bottom line than the cash-less store purchase.

As for the above customer service problem, ive yet to have a response but im in no rush, it was my mistake & completely understand that most mmo cs gets hammered so have bigger priorities. Ive already purchased it from steam while its on sale & its sitting in my inventory ready to unpack & add the code if im able to reimburse those tp:) If I cant then i'll just try & get a refund or trade it with another player once the sales ended:p

Thanks again everyone, time to go exploring!!

Brightheart245
12-01-2014, 06:23 PM
Just wanted to extend a warm welcome as the previous posts have! :) I'm happy to help if you need plat, gear, advice, etc! I mainly play Seraphemia on Ghallanda, have fun! :D

LordKalkin
12-02-2014, 11:25 AM

A great way to experiment with a class or race is to build it on a server you won't play on. All servers have a one time favor reward you will want to collect.

Wiki favor to see how it works and why you want to get your coin lord and house k favor. And the quickest way to score a collapsed portable hole is the first tier of argonessen favor (gianthold).

Packs I would recommend are
Delaras
Gianthold
Sands
Vale
Von.

Then get the others at your leisure when on sale.

Uska
12-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Well I hope you enjoy it and stay awhile

Inoukchuk
12-02-2014, 01:49 PM
It's a great game with a ton to learn and do.

My first advice/wisdom to impart is this:

Most classes don't really develop until about 9th level, and some multi-class builds won't really resemble their full intent until closer to 20th. If you play a caster to level 3, you really don't have any idea how a caster plays other than knowing they suck at level 3 (almost all classes/builds are better off using a greataxe until level 6 or so). So pick something that sounds fun, and slowly learn how it plays as you level up, try to get each one past level 6 at least before giving up on it.

If you're looking for quests to get more maniacal you won't be disappointed. Wait til you get to 3rd level and try Swiped Signet or 4th level and try Proof is in the Poison. For a first life toon well.... challenging is an understatement. Quests will get more challenging as you level up, but there will always be variance with some quests standing out as very hard. If you aren't finding them hard enough, try again on hard or elite difficulty.

The posters here on the forums generally range from veteran to elite, so there is always good advice available here.

dunklezhan
12-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Dungeons get more maniacal im hoping?

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAA!

No spoilers for YOU! ;)

Eryndel
12-02-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm also pretty new, still on my first life, although I've been puttering away at this game for a while. Some good advice here. Picking up the expansions at this price is a steal, and hopefully CS can help you with MotU. The only thing I'd add is to always wait for a sale. Shared Bank is a great buy, but I'm expecting (hoping) a 25% sale on storage to show up between here and Christmas. Also, I think historically around the holiday they have a pretty decent sale on Adventure Packs (25% last year?).

If you want to buy points, buy them on the bonus days and hoard them until the sales. That's what I'm trying to do.

bonscott87
12-03-2014, 07:36 AM
One thing I would recommend is go VIP for one month or maybe do a 3 month deal. This will get you access to the vast majority of under level 20 content as well as a few "paid" races/classes to try out. This will then allow you to try out various quests and packs before you buy. Then you can not renew VIP and you'll know which packs you like and are ones you'll want to purchase once the next pack sale hit (wait for the sales if you can).

You got the Catecombs with the starter pack so that's good (I really like that chain plus you get the endless healing wand).

After that I think "must haves" are Delera's, Gianthold and the Demon Sands along with the Vale.

I personally like the following:
Tangleroot
Shan-toKor
Sorrowdusk
Sharn
Red Fens
Path of Inspiration
Dreaming Dark

But honestly pick up anything you like.

Nice review here of packs, although it may be a bit dated and doesn't include the newer stuff in the past couple years. https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/287854-Reviews-of-all-adventure-packs-(updated-and-overhauled)

dunklezhan
12-03-2014, 07:43 AM
One thing I would recommend is go VIP for one month or maybe do a 3 month deal. This will get you access to the vast majority of under level 20 content as well as a few "paid" races/classes to try out. This will then allow you to try out various quests and packs before you buy.

Note that you won't be able to buy said packs and many of the class/race options until after your sub ends. So if they're on sale during your sub, you're out of luck. However, your sub will give you 500 free TP per month as one of the perks so you sort of get a proxy discount. Sort of.

apacheizm23
12-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Hi guys n gals:)

Grabbed the starter pack & a few points to see whats what before heavily investing or subbing & was just looking for general advice because as is the case with joining any mmo especially one thats been around a while, theres a hell of a lot to catch up on & learn.

Cheers in advance

I can imagine how you feel. I remember back in 2006 I was constantly lost, and the game was just getting started back than :) I was lucky that I joined a Guild that had some very patient members, who didn't mind carrying my stone around and answering all my questions.

Boom

I can imagine how you feel. I remember back in 2006 when I subscribed, I was constantly lost, and the game was just getting started back than too. :) I was lucky that one of the more popular Guilds on the server allowed me to join them. In that guild were some very patient members, who didn't mind carrying my stone around and answering all my questions. The game today is so so much larger than it was back than so again, I can imagine how you feel just getting started. :)

Glad you chose to play DDO Its a hell of game and I know I was hooked when I first started and still am. By the way I suggest joining a Guild. You'll be put under their wing and I'd say that's a great way to learn the game.

Bozone
12-03-2014, 04:45 PM
I think the advice given above to go VIP for a few months so that you can try out various adventure packs is sound for many people. However, I didn't do that and am glad that I didn't. It took me a year to get to level 20 when I started (and that was almost exclusively playing my main), so I would not have really had a chance to try much of the content in a month or two.

If you level slowly like I did - playing only a few times a week for a few hours and sniffing flowers along the way - you need to subscribe for quite a few months to really try much of the content. I own all of the content now, but there are still quite a few quests that I've probably never entered due to lack of LFM's, leveling past them, etc. (plus I've taken about 2 years worth of hiatuses/hiati/? breaks over the 4.5 years I've played DDO).

bonscott87
12-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Note that you won't be able to buy said packs and many of the class/race options until after your sub ends. So if they're on sale during your sub, you're out of luck. However, your sub will give you 500 free TP per month as one of the perks so you sort of get a proxy discount. Sort of.

True. But since they are on sale now it'll be a few months at least before they go on sale again so a 1 month VIP sub or even a 3 month and you'd probably be good before the next sale.

Raezar
12-03-2014, 09:58 PM
Few pointers

Joining a Guild is a great idea. Best way to find the right guild is joining as many lfm's as possible, or create an lfm of your own, play with different people and find a guild that fits your play style.

Second thing I would suggest is to have a way to put the kids thru college. in other words, I would look thru the forums find a solid build of a class you enjoy playing and cap it as soon as possible. That way you have a toon to earn plat you will need for consumables, and to grind gear for other toons. FoTM atm is Paladins ;) Update 23 gave them a lot of love.

Last don't be afraid to ask questions and try the advice people give you. This is one of the friendliest communities of any game I have played.

Have fun and I will see you around Ghallanda!

P.S. You should have access to Iconics which start at level 15, & imo a 3month vip to test the waters and give you a boost would be best idea.

haulindonkey
12-03-2014, 10:26 PM
[SNIP]
4) I don't know how much more tps you would have, if any, but then you can pick up other races or classes if you'd like. You can play no problem without, but they are fun new ways of playing. Monks are pretty nice. Favored Souls are nice, but with the current state of the game, Clerics are just as good. I personally love half elves, but some other people aren't a fan.

Be careful as some races and classes are attainable through favor. Some examples are Drow - very easy to obtain with favor. FVS - pretty easy with favor and Artificer - very difficult with favor and will likely require access to the Cannith Challenges and adventure pack. Others like monk and warforged are only obtainable via turbine points (or possibly the DDO market). Do some research if you look to buy classes/races.