PDA

View Full Version : Shadowfell expansion doubts

Gabriel980
11-26-2014, 08:42 PM
I will use the current sales to buy expansion packs. I have no doubts about MoTU, I will buy the Standard Edition at DDO market (US$ 8.75), mainly because of the adventure bundle.

In regard to Shadowfell, I am not so sure. I can buy it in-game (and lose a few extras) or at the DDO Market. What do you think?
My doubts:
1) I am premium, so I have 4 character slots per server. If I buy the Shadowfell Collector's Edition at DDO market (3 extra Character Slots), I will have 7 slots. Do these extra slots have to be Iconic Heroes? Or may I use the extra slots in any way I want?
2) If I buy a pack with 1 Iconic Hero (the Purple Dragon Knight), does it mean I can only have 1 Purple Dragon Knight per server? Or does it mean I can have only one TYPE of Iconic Hero (Purple Dragon Knight), but I can have more than one (as many Iconic Heroes as character slots I have available in that server)?
3) If I buy a pack with 3 Iconic Heros, does it mean I can only have one of each TYPE, or may I have 3 Iconic Heros of any type, or as many Iconic Heroes as character slots I have available per server?

TIA

Archangel666
11-26-2014, 08:51 PM
I will use the current sales to buy expansion packs. I have no doubts about MoTU, I will buy the Standard Edition at DDO market (US$ 8.75), mainly because of the adventure bundle.

In regard to Shadowfell, I am not so sure. I can buy it in-game (and lose a few extras) or at the DDO Market. What do you think?
My doubts:
1) I am premium, so I have 4 character slots per server. If I buy the Shadowfell Collector's Edition at DDO market (3 extra Character Slots), I will have 7 slots. Do these extra slots have to be Iconic Heroes? Or may I use the extra slots in any way I want?
2) If I buy a pack with 1 Iconic Hero (the Purple Dragon Knight), does it mean I can only have 1 Purple Dragon Knight per server? Or does it mean I can have only one TYPE of Iconic Hero (Purple Dragon Knight), but I can have more than one (as many Iconic Heroes as character slots I have available in that server)?
3) If I buy a pack with 3 Iconic Heros, does it mean I can only have one of each TYPE, or may I have 3 Iconic Heros of any type, or as many Iconic Heroes as character slots I have available per server?

TIA

1: You can use them for whatever you want, they're literally just Character Slots. There's nothing special about them (Other than, if you were at the current Character Slot cap and then bought this it would raise that cap).

2: Think of Iconics like you would Races (That's all they are really, a Race with a condition that you must start in a certain Class). You can make as many of them as you want, provided you have access to it (In much the same way that once you have access to Drow, you can make as many as you want).

3: See 2.

Vulkoorex
11-26-2014, 11:21 PM
Regarding the Legendary Upgrade available for purchase with the Shadowfell expansion, it says lesser epic xp tome per character. Does that only apply to existing characters at time of redeeming or does that include future characters I will make?

Thanks,
V

EllisDee37
11-26-2014, 11:34 PM
Regarding the Legendary Upgrade available for purchase with the Shadowfell expansion, it says lesser epic xp tome per character. Does that only apply to existing characters at time of redeeming or does that include future characters I will make?

Thanks,
VAll current and future characters. (99% sure.)

Unfortunately, the legendary upgrade doesn't appear to be discounted during this sale, so you'd have to pay full price for it.

Vulkoorex
11-26-2014, 11:45 PM
All current and future characters. (99% sure.)

Unfortunately, the legendary upgrade doesn't appear to be discounted during this sale, so you'd have to pay full price for it.

Thanks for the info.

What are the chances the Legendary Upgrade is on sale on Cyber Monday?

The only thing not on sale at DDO Market are the turbine points and the Legendary Upgrade.

V.