PDA

View Full Version : Good PL's for sorc?

Sehenry03
11-25-2014, 03:08 PM
Currently I have 3FvS, 3Sorc, and 1Wiz. I am working on the last 2 wiz PL's now. Any other PL's to consider? I am not concerned about the barb PL for HP's or Pally for HAmp. But if any others would be a big bonus I would get them.

Panzermeyer
11-25-2014, 03:12 PM
Currently I have 3FvS, 3Sorc, and 1Wiz. I am working on the last 2 wiz PL's now. Any other PL's to consider? I am not concerned about the barb PL for HP's or Pally for HAmp. But if any others would be a big bonus I would get them.

Depends on what kind of Sorc you are planning on being.

If you are just wanting to be a nuker, then you have all the bases covered.

3 Cleric PL can help with the DC's of your Web spell.
1 Bard PL can help if you plan on charming things
3 Druid Lives if you plan on summoning things, but considering the lack of utility of those things in epics, it rarely seems to be worth it.
Then there of course is completionist if you want to go that route.

Those are all dependent on play style. But you likely have everything you need.

So nothing huge bonus.

HGM-Chi
11-25-2014, 03:14 PM
3xCleric for +3 Conjuration DCs?
1xBard for purchased +1 enchantment DCs?
3xArtificer for +3 UMD and +3 Spellcraft?

Nothing as important as the FvS/Sorc/Wiz ones at all, no.

Loromir
11-25-2014, 03:14 PM

In addition to above...3 Barb PL gives +30 HP and Paladin PL's give heal amp.

Makkuroi
11-25-2014, 03:25 PM
How about epic past lives? not sure if you have all of them already or play only heroic, but some are pretty good for sorc (energy critical, colors of the queen). Completionist would be a long time goal (+2 cha +2 con effectively).

Enoach
11-25-2014, 03:39 PM
This really depends on your goal as a Sorcerer...

As mentioned the Cleric PL grants you up to +3 Conjuration DCs - Web is one of these spells that benefits.
A single cleric PL ability also grants you access to an Active feat of 5 casts of Healing Word which can me Empowered/Maximized (Issue is that Sorcerer's don't usually have a lot of Feats to burn)

The Bard PL requires a Feat to get +1 Enchantment, so has little value over taking SF: Enchantment but if you are going as an Enchantment Focused Sorcerer it is an option

Artificer PL can mean up to +3 UMD. Now as a Sorcerer Charisma for UMD is not an issue, the issue is generally in the Skill Points available to spend - Need 22 Skill points to buy 11 UMD. +8 UMD for Level 28

Druid PL grants a Improved Summoning type ability. It effects summon spells, hirelings and charmed/mind controlled mobs. So this might be something to look at if you are going the Enchantment route

But unless you are looking at being an EK Sorcerer (melee) the Fighter and Ranger PLs won't get you much. Monk won't help much either unless you are looking for an Evasion Clicky (Purchased Feat) which will only be useful if you can activate it prior to needing it as well as have the reflex save to make it worth having.

with the wizard PLs you have planned you will have the basics covered. You need to decide if conjuration DCs are worth the Cleric PLs.

Sehenry03
11-25-2014, 04:39 PM
Yeah I was actually thinking about the cleric PL's. I might do that. I enjoy playing a cleric and once I get BB its an easy solo to 20.

I couldn't think of anything else so glad to know I had my bases covered. Thanks everyone =)