PDA

View Full Version : Get more use out of raids

EdwinRophe
11-25-2014, 01:02 PM
I have a few thoughts on this.

1) make all raids FTP and use them as milestones during lvling, ie you cannot take lvl 8 until you have first completed Chronoscope etc

2) Make a new Saga that is just raids, but limit it to at lvl so more ppl run it (I know this was suggested elsewhere by someone else) but its a great idea i think.

3) Add a Title / name prefix (ie Sir) to a character once they have completed all raids. ( I know epeen blah blah bad)

Please add your own thoughts.

I started playing 2 years ago and have only completed.

- Caught in the Web
- Fire on Thunder Peak
- Temple of the Deathwyrm
- The Chronoscope
- The Mark of Death
- The Shroud
- The Vault of Night
- Zawabi's Revenge

I know I probably could have finished a few others, but with precious few ppl running retro raids it's kinda tough

SirValentine
11-26-2014, 08:09 AM
1) make all raids FTP and use them as milestones during lvling, ie you cannot take lvl 8 until you have first completed Chronoscope etc

Making raids FTP sounds fine, but:

There are significant numbers of people who are not at all interested in raiding. Holding their game play hostage sounds like a bad idea. They won't suddenly start loving raiding, they'll just quit DDO.

2) Make a new Saga that is just raids, but limit it to at lvl so more ppl run it

A Raid Saga sounds fine, but:

You think that severely limiting who can run it is somehow going to get MORE people to run it?

psykopeta
11-26-2014, 09:35 AM
I have a few thoughts on this.

2) Make a new Saga that is just raids, but limit it to at lvl so more ppl run it (I know this was suggested elsewhere by someone else) but its a great idea i think.

3) Add a Title / name prefix (ie Sir) to a character once they have completed all raids. ( I know epeen blah blah bad)

Please add your own thoughts.

I started playing 2 years ago and have only completed.

- Caught in the Web
- Fire on Thunder Peak
- Temple of the Deathwyrm
- The Chronoscope
- The Mark of Death
- The Shroud
- The Vault of Night
- Zawabi's Revenge

I know I probably could have finished a few others, but with precious few ppl running retro raids it's kinda tough

1) bad idea
2) worse idea
3) well, i don't care, but it's not a bad idea at least

looking at the raids you have completed, we can see you have done em for loot and at most for xp (von and chronoscope)

so what looks to me u want on them is moar loot

ofc doubling the base xp in raids isn't a bad idea (and doubling again if done at lvl, this way you get at least chance to do it once lol)