PDA

View Full Version : 3 Ranger PL's ranged based

Sehenry03
11-23-2014, 07:53 PM
Ok so I have an Arty with 3 Rogue PL's and 3 Sorc PL's and 3 Arty PL's. I have tons of arty gear and warforged docents.

Any ideas on building a ranger just to get 3 PL's? I was thinking 10/10 and just basically play the Arty how I would anyways just not sure if the 10 Ranger lvls will do anything for me. I just want to blow through these lives. Never had much of a fondness for Rangers.

I will be working on my Wiz PL's on another toon at the same time so no hurry on this either.

And should I get any special gear for these 3 PL's? I will be a lvl 20 Arty again shortly and rdy to TR but I could easily farm any basic stuff that would be helpful.

Tilomere
11-24-2014, 04:35 AM
I just want to blow through these lives.

Flexible ranger build:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/444046-Work-in-progress-Critzilla

Since you probably have styling runearms and a few repeaters, might as well make it with arti levels for runearm fun and trapping.

Uska
11-24-2014, 07:46 AM
to get my 1st two ranger lives I did 1/19 rogue/ranger was fun and easy will get the 3rd after I finish my 2nd and 3rd monk lives for even more damage while doing 3rd ranger life.

unbongwah
11-24-2014, 09:27 AM
Any ideas on building a ranger just to get 3 PL's? I was thinking 10/10 and just basically play the Arty how I would anyways just not sure if the 10 Ranger lvls will do anything for me. I just want to blow through these lives. Never had much of a fondness for Rangers.
If the plan is to use repeaters: do you have access to Harper? If so, you could do something like, say, rgr 15 / arty 4 / ftr 1 and take Strategic Combat + Know the Angles. Rgr 15 gets you all of the free feats, four FEs, and two lvl 4 spell slots; arty 4 gets you two more feats (Rapid Reload + 1 more) and lvl 2 spells (Elemental Weapons); ftr splash is for another feat and extra action boost.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/444046-Work-in-progress-Critzilla

Since you probably have styling runearms and a few repeaters, might as well make it with arti levels for runearm fun and trapping.
Since Swashbuckling doesn't work with repeaters, if he goes with them instead of throwers, what do the bard lvls get him, apart from Doubleshot boost and some passive bonuses (extra Dodge, Fast Movement, etc.)?

Tilomere
11-24-2014, 01:55 PM
Since Swashbuckling doesn't work with repeaters, if he goes with them instead of throwers, what do the bard lvls get him, apart from Doubleshot boost and some passive bonuses (extra Dodge, Fast Movement, etc.)?

SB most of the time with throwers, but some arti for weapon swap for undead annihilation for mobs with high fort that don't get annihilated by crit (typically undead), if he has a +++ GS one and a Hand of the Tombs. Since he did 3 Arti past lives, I'm assuming he has both. This balances the build out so it annihilates fleshies and undead, or basically everything in the game 1-20, while adding trapping for more xp. Hand of the Tombs fireball also annihilates boxes, for ransack xp. Saves farming up a +++ thrower.

45% xp from trapping/fireball runearm is pretty nice. You can sb with runearms with enhancement, which would give you a massive crit/disrupting thrower, which would be styling against more or less everything.

Sehenry03
11-25-2014, 02:01 PM
Sorry been gone for a few days.

I have every rune arm in the bank some crafted and some at base lvl. I have 3 different GS Repeaters...undead killer, rad2, light2. I have pretty much any Repeater that is helpful at all levels also. I am pretty well set for gear.

I know that ranger and arty don't synergize well in most things I was hoping maybe they had something that complemented each other.

After 3 ranger lives I will be going back to Arty as his last life.