PDA

View Full Version : Wiz PL help

Sehenry03
11-23-2014, 12:49 PM
ok so my caster Ziffin has 1 PL in wiz and is after 2 more. He has 3 FVS and 3 Sorc PL's to complement him. He has tons of various caster gear for lvling purposes plus I can craft anything and I have large guild slots in Docents and shields and other things. Also has a BF PL.

I am going WF for self healing and durability.

Next life I might go BF and goto 28 but I want to see how I like the Wizard class. I haven't played a wizard for a couple years and hated it back then compared to my sorc. With my sorc I just zerged quests all the way to 20. I could solo almost all lvl 20 and under quests on EE without issues.

So my question is...for lvls 1-20 what is the best way to build a wiz for mainly soloing but grouping whenever available. I never liked PM's much or how they work. Always hated being DC dependent on those instakill spells. Also never liked the Aura thing.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Munkenmo
11-23-2014, 04:21 PM
Be a conjuration acid/ice mage. (secondary necro)

Pick up maximize early, and nuke your way through the game. Use the web SLA for heightened quickened webs, drop acid rain and ice storm on them. You end up being great CC in parties throughout the game and when solo it's easy to run from choke point to choke point gathering mobs and killing them all off quickly.

Sehenry03
11-23-2014, 05:05 PM
I played an ice sorc and they were powerful. I have never really played around with conjuration much. I think I will try that and see how it goes. I know my SP's on my sorc were through the roof and wouldn't have issues...will the wiz do ok with SP's? Although honestly I have like 5 stacks of mana pots I never use I could just blow those and goto town on things.

Munkenmo
11-23-2014, 06:30 PM
I played an ice sorc and they were powerful. I have never really played around with conjuration much. I think I will try that and see how it goes. I know my SP's on my sorc were through the roof and wouldn't have issues...will the wiz do ok with SP's? Although honestly I have like 5 stacks of mana pots I never use I could just blow those and goto town on things.

I've never ran into issues with SP on this build.

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.23.01
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Nukenmo Wizlife
Level 20 True Neutral Warforged Male
(20 Wizard)
Hit Points: 200
Spell Points: 1466
BAB: 10\10\15\20
Fortitude: 10
Reflex: 12
Will: 10

Starting
Abilities Base Stats
(36 Point) (Level 1)
Strength 16
Dexterity 8
Constitution 18
Intelligence 18
Wisdom 6
Charisma 6

Level 1 (Wizard)
Feat: (Selected) Insightful Reflexes
Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Maximize Spell
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Favored Soul
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Sorcerer
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Wizard

Level 2 (Wizard)

Level 3 (Wizard)
Feat: (Selected) Past Life: Arcane Initiate

Level 4 (Wizard)

Level 5 (Wizard)
Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Quicken Spell

Level 6 (Wizard)
Feat: (Selected) Spell Focus: Conjuration

Level 7 (Wizard)

Level 8 (Wizard)

Level 9 (Wizard)
Feat: (Selected) Heighten Spell

Level 10 (Wizard)
Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Empower Spell

Level 11 (Wizard)

Level 12 (Wizard)
Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness

Level 13 (Wizard)

Level 14 (Wizard)

Level 15 (Wizard)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Spell Focus: Necromancy
Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Spell Focus: Necromancy

Level 16 (Wizard)

Level 17 (Wizard)

Level 18 (Wizard)
Feat: (Selected) Spell Penetration

Level 19 (Wizard)

Level 20 (Wizard)
Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Extend Spell

http://i.imgur.com/gQdZnLV.png

At 18, I swap to primary necro in the AM tree, and drop 5ap from the Warforged & 1 from the EK tree to accomodate it.

Sehenry03
11-23-2014, 06:36 PM
I will give it a shot. I figure if I like it I will TR into a BF Wizard and get my last life on BF and my last life on Wiz before I decide if I want to do any more past lives.

I am gonna end up as a sorc any PL's you would say would help much? As stated before I have 3 FVS and 3 Sorc and this will get me 3 Wiz.

Munkenmo
11-23-2014, 07:24 PM
I'll point out, I've not tried that pastlife in epic levels, I'm not sure how well it will work since mob hp gets inflated quite a lot.

I will give it a shot. I figure if I like it I will TR into a BF Wizard and get my last life on BF and my last life on Wiz before I decide if I want to do any more past lives.

I am gonna end up as a sorc any PL's you would say would help much? As stated before I have 3 FVS and 3 Sorc and this will get me 3 Wiz.

I primarily play melee and ranged classes, I'm no expert on what would be good for an endgame sorc.

That said I'd say Enchant sorc is the way to go these days since sense weakness boosts spells. Since mass hold has a spell pen check, 3wiz and 3fvs makes sense.

After that 3 sorc lives to help your passive EVO dc's won't hurt, but may not be necessary.

The purchased bard past life does boost enchant DC's by 1, but I doubt you'd have room to fit it in over the wiz pastlife / spell focus feats / completionist.