PDA

View Full Version : Lamannia Update 24 round 2

KookieKobold
11-21-2014, 02:08 PM
We're bringing Lamannia down shortly to update it with the next build for U24!

I'll update this thread when we are back online.

Release notes will be posted shortly.

sudzz
11-21-2014, 02:32 PM
We're bringing Lamannia down shortly to update it with the next build for U24!

I'll update this thread when we are back online.

Release notes will be posted shortly.

Are we talking about a few hours or longer? Just wondering if it's worth staying up into early hours Scotland times GMT

KookieKobold
11-21-2014, 02:36 PM
I'd say between an hour or two is a fairly accurate estimation for this downtime, barring any issues that may arise.

thomascoolone64
11-21-2014, 02:38 PM
Are you going to give us the dev events you promised us last time?

sudzz
11-21-2014, 03:02 PM
I'd say between an hour or two is a fairly accurate estimation for this downtime, barring any issues that may arise.

Nice one Kookie, thanks for the fast reply, updates are already rolling out :-)

KookieKobold
11-21-2014, 03:37 PM
Are you going to give us the dev events you promised us last time?

There will be events again this weekend, yes!

I'm planning to gather groups and run the content both tonight and tomorrow!

Tonight, i'll be around from 8 to 10pm EDT (GMT-4)

Tomorrow, i'll be around from 11am to 1pm EDT (GMT-4)

KookieKobold
11-21-2014, 04:18 PM
The build has been updated and we're just doing our final checks before reopening!

BoomOfTheEpic
11-21-2014, 04:21 PM
How long do final checks take?

KookieKobold
11-21-2014, 04:35 PM
And we're open!

Monkey-Boy
11-21-2014, 04:47 PM
Can we haz release notes?

Krelar
11-21-2014, 04:50 PM
Can we haz release notes?

They were updated (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/438926-Lamannia-Release-Notes-(Last-Updated-11-21-14)) over half an hour ago. :p

thomascoolone64
11-21-2014, 04:51 PM
The build has been updated and we're just doing our final checks before reopening!

What happened to Lammania when it first came online with Update 24? Why were we getting Stuck in "Loading Character data" ?

Id like to hear some Details of wat happened Please. :)

Violith
11-21-2014, 05:00 PM
NEW: Monster Champions: Some enemies will now gain randomized buffs on Hard and Elite difficulties. Players can see an indicator above an enemies' head to identify them as having been buffed. Enemies who receive the buffs are called Champions, and have a visible crown above their head to mark them. Mini-boss Champions have a chance to drop a chest when defeated. Monster Champions do not appear in raids.

gotta say, this seems interesting.

Cleanincubus
11-21-2014, 06:09 PM
Weird. The featured items in the DDO Store are LotRO items lol

Seikojin
11-22-2014, 02:07 AM
I love the addition to mobs by making the champions.

I like the bump in exp for the u24 quests. Now they just need a bump in challenge to match their level (said that beforehand too).

Love the increased drop rates for old content.

Still no music and no dialog.

MangLord
11-24-2014, 12:19 AM
I know this is hardly of gamebreaking importance, but Renders in the Demonweb quests and wilderness also drop empty bags, as do some giants in epic Gianthold.

NEW (Lamannia Only): Gargoyles no longer drop empty Treasure Bags.

MangLord
11-25-2014, 03:34 AM
I finally got around to finishing all the new quests, which I completed on EN to get a feel for them without having to deal with buggy/unrefined champion mechanics. These are just my personal opinions and experiences to give the team feedback.

First of all, I was totally unclear as to which order the new Madness quests were intended to be played. Is there supposed to be a quest chain bestower? I tend to like that feature, with some level of named item droprate upon finishing the chain (all the other madness chains have one) but if these are supposed to be stand alone quests then fine. I tried out a hireling on Palace of Stone, and pathing issues, AI idiocy and an inability to stay in one place are just as rampant as ever. It seems that fiddling with the hireling AI (by toggling off wand of cure light wounds for example) makes it even worse. I don't know what you guys did to the hirelings, but they were actually more reliable before you fixed them. At least they'd stand on a pressure plate when set to passive and told to stay in place.

Fashion Show
After speaking to the show producer, I thought it was weird that the door guard randomly attacked me, but everyone else in the room seemed to take no notice. Initially I was turned off by the big mob fight to start off the action, but after seeing that the quest didn't begin and end there, I was pleasantly surprised. I did find the initial brunt of the first fight to be a bit overwhelming. It felt like endless monsters swarming until I could get things under control, then I spent some time hunting down stragglers to advance the quest. If you're using the same swarm tactics that scale with level and party, then this can be a brutal fight without some CC. I enjoyed the hidden optionals that encouraged some exploration, but the tunnels felt a little bare and open, like they weren't finished. The only real buggy thing that I found was that the Eye Terrors would just come out of nowhere (I have a ridiculously high spot, so that probably wasn't the problem), like they only appeared once they started an attack animation. Taken were also giving me Flesh Golem MM xp. Not sure if that's intentional.

Terminal Delirium
I was incredibly apprehensive about this quest, because I've more or less disliked any experience I had in that godforsaken inn. I chose to help the lord of eyes, hoping it would spare me from any more beholder action than necessary, and I really like the option to follow two paths. Honestly, the puzzles and encounters were fun and clever, and I really liked the quest. The DJ at the end was a little corny and breaks the fantasy game feel with pseudomodern club DJ schtick, but that was fairly minor. Overall, great job on creating a singularly unique quest free of tedious tasks. The only complaints that I had were that the mirror challenge was a bit of a guessing game for some of the /emotes I wasn't terribly familiar with. The last /kiss emote I'd never seen before, and I just ran down the list until I stumbled upon it. I'd prefer if the DM told us what the reflection was doing, or we could reselect the mirror to get a clue, instead of having to interpret a vague, fuzzy visual and try different emotes from an exhaustive list. It also took me a bit to figure out that I had to go through the mirror to deal with the Medusa. That wasn't very clear based on the information I was given, and that we've never been able to step through a mirror before. This is definitely the best quest in the pack, and its obvious that 80% of the effort went into this quest and the other 20% into the other three.

Palace of Stone
First of all, opening an invitation to start a quest was weird, but kinda cool. My overall impression was that the quest was good, but a bit spartan in appearance for a palace. It felt a bit unfinished and overly spacious, particularly in the museum area. I also found it weird that animated rocks and mud were chaotically aligned, since they're assumedly mindless constructs. An Anarchic Shortsword of Smiting wasn't applying chaos damage on any construct in the quest aside from the Rock boss. I was also getting all types of trap warnings from the pressure plates, but was unable to interact with or disable them. Not sure if that was intentional. I'd rather just not be stuck with red lines pointing to the traps every minute for the rest of the quest. After I finished the quest I took my end reward, but the quest didn't appear in my Quest Listing at all, and appeared to still be incomplete in my Quest Journal, as if I didn't turn it in.

Tyranny of Dragons
A good quest overall, with some interesting new features. I'm not sure if you're supposed to be able to use diplo/bluff/intim on the first two guards, but I failed with a +66 mod on HE. Some of these social skill checks are pretty outrageous. Do people focus a build around diplomacy/bluff? The only issues I had with the overall quest were that when you entered the barracks area and started doing some fighting, the enemies behind the doors leading to the lower levels were all trying to shoot me and cast spells, and it was a bit like walking into a firestorm at first. I'm assuming you're operating with the same type of mob scaling that you've been using in Wheloon and Thunderholme, so this can turn into a nightmare of someone doesn't cast a terrific Web or Dancing Ball on the doorway. Also, the traps seem to be buggy. None of them actually went off, and it seems like they can only be partially disabled. I again had to finish the rest of the quest with a stream of red lines pointing to the traps every minute or so. I can definitely see issues with the trap boxes being placed behind locked doors. No heroic level character is going to have epic reflexes, so it's likely that they'll be periodically interrupted and damaged trying to pick/open the doors. Even the best rogue is going to roll a 1 eventually. This could be a really annoying problem for the heroic version, especially. After I finished the boss fight, I didn't see any end chest. Was this intentional? Even with the optionals, the amount of loot seemed a little weak for the amount of cultists I defeated. Are there any named items that will make this quest worth running more than once? The XP was decent, but I can't see running this more than once for favor. Study in Sable and Bros of the Forge are the same way, which is a shame. They're all better than average quests, but lack compelling loot/xp or a combo of both.

The only named item that interested me was the Leather armor. It's reasonably cool, but was the intention for the epic version to have a 20% dodge cap? Even Whisperchain caps at 25% for me (swashbuckler). I thought that it might fill out some of my gear nicely for the level, but capping my dodge at 20% is a dealbreaker.

flipstre
11-28-2014, 04:44 PM
Hi Guys

Anyone have a clue when the next update will be and when to go till live?