PDA

View Full Version : Ravenloft.

Sam1313
11-18-2014, 01:57 PM
Can we please get the realm of Ravenloft?

Neomarica
11-19-2014, 04:01 AM
No. Just... no.

DDO is a nice game and all, but without heavily reworking just about every aspect of the game, it couldn't POSSIBLY do justice to Ravenloft.

Flavilandile
11-19-2014, 05:59 AM
No. Just... no.

DDO is a nice game and all, but without heavily reworking just about every aspect of the game, it couldn't POSSIBLY do justice to Ravenloft.

Well the I6 Ravenloft would fit well in the Classic series beside Haunted Halls of Eveningstar and Temple of Elemental Evil.

Now the Ravenloft Setting... lets not spread too thin over all the possible Settings...

General_Gronker
11-20-2014, 06:26 AM
Well the I6 Ravenloft would fit well in the Classic series beside Haunted Halls of Eveningstar and Temple of Elemental Evil. Yeah, they could maybe almost do the module. I mean they'd get it wrong but they could try it.

Now the Ravenloft Setting.They'd break the whole game trying to do this however.

Uska
11-20-2014, 06:43 AM
Well the I6 Ravenloft would fit well in the Classic series beside Haunted Halls of Eveningstar and Temple of Elemental Evil.

Now the Ravenloft Setting... lets not spread too thin over all the possible Settings...

Not really it would take making special rules and violating part of Classic Ravenloft lore. Same for Darksun and Dragonlance those worlds needs special rules or there is no point in going there its bad enough with the Eberron lore they violated

fmalfeas
11-20-2014, 06:22 PM
Um....how would we get OUT?

Finding an exit portal, and overcoming whatever horrid guards the Dark Powers have put on it is the kind of thing that's the culmination of an entire long campaign. The other ways to get out are wait for Grand Conjunction and hope you can slip out that way (hope you're not a darklord, Celestial, or Fiend), or wait for the Dark Powers to finish testing you (with every test being a grueling trial of your backstory and alignment, and seeing if you can overcome your failings) and boot you out...which may never happen. Strahd can't get it right.

Livmo
11-20-2014, 06:26 PM
I enjoy killing vampires :D

die
11-20-2014, 06:47 PM
No. Just... no.

I 2nd this. Although I would like to see .. No I dare the DDo developers to even try and build a quest as in depth and cool as Ravenloft.

Enderoc
11-22-2014, 02:34 AM
Ravenloft became a realm between realms...I could see a ghost airship the players were forced to board coming into it.
There were some early D&D adventures that were kind of neat too that you could use to inspire a Ravenloft element...like Quagmire a sinking elf city etc. Maybe reliving the Apocalypse of it. What would have a more related feel however would be Dark Sun.