PDA

View Full Version : getting tired of the same old chest pulls for gold.

Jastarn
11-18-2014, 08:13 AM
maybe instead of ALWAYS gold or gems, what about adding jewelry? at a low drop rate of course,

nonmagical robes/ornamented armor/crowns/ornate masks

obviously low priority, but could be a fun addition :) (masquerade parties anyone? :D)

Loromir
11-18-2014, 08:16 AM
maybe instead of ALWAYS gold or gems, what about adding jewelry? at a low drop rate of course,

obviously low priority, but could be a fun addition :) (masquerade parties anyone? :D)

Could be fun to get some cosmetic only outfits/hats/goggles etc that you obviously wouldn't wear in a quest...but some people like to look good when they are not at work.

JOTMON
11-18-2014, 08:25 AM
no instead of... perhaps in addition to...
don't mess with my precious loots, gems and golds and stuffs....my precioussss.

Jastarn
11-18-2014, 08:31 AM
But with my idea you could get to wear a ruby studded, platinum engraved, mithril mounted, golden crown!

or even a full platinum face mask if you want everyone to be jealous of your wealth!

;)

phillymiket
11-18-2014, 08:49 AM

If you mean dropping unique cosmetic items then I totally agree.

I suspect the Turbine team wouldn't agree

Whoever pulls said cosmetic would then be unlikely to buy a Mirror of Glamoring.

If you man dropping more flavor items in chests then I disagree.

Gold, plat, all of the different gem types - its all plat at the end of the day.

From what I understand, the loot system is overly complicated and the coding can vary greatly from quest to quest.

As the Devs have recently demonstrated, it's all easily borked.

Plus, Raid chests are already chock-full-o' junky stocking-stuffer, non-items.

I want to be able to easily see what items you pull so I can be angry when you don't put them up for roll ;-)