PDA

View Full Version : Update 24: Drop Rate Increases

Steelstar
11-17-2014, 08:58 AM
Hey, everyone.

As you may have seen in this weekend's Lamannia release notes, we're planning to make some changes to the drop rates of items in older packs with U24. We saw a few of you had questions about it, so we thought we'd elaborate a bit.

Here's the changes, if you missed them:

The drop rates of items in many quests have been increased, including:
The drop rate of the Animus Rune Arm from Devil Assault.
The drop rate of the Mad Lute and Mysterious Bauble items from The Weapons Shipment.
Drop rates on named items in the Sands of Menechtarun landscape.
Drop rates on named items in the quests located in the Menechtarun Desert have been increased on Elite and Epic difficulties.
Drop rates on Druid's Deep named items.
Drop rates on the High Road named items.
Drop rates on the Gianthold named items.
Drop rates on Disciples of Shadow named items.
Drop rates on the Wheloon quest chain named items.
Drop rates on Optional chests in the Storm Horns.
Drop rates on named items in Brothers of the Forge and A Study in Sable.
Drop rates for named loot in the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar.
Drop rates of Cormyrean items in Eveningstar Challenge chests.
Drop rates of King's Forest items.
Drop rates for Underdark quest named items.
Drop rates for Demonweb quest named items.
The drop rate of Eveningstar Commendations from the King's Forest, Underdark, and Demonweb quests no longer overlap with named item drops, making it more likely to get an item or Commendations.
The drop rate of Web of Chaos quest named items have been increased on Elite and Epic Elite difficulties.
Drop rates of Secrets of the Artificers quest named items have been increased slightly on Normal and Elite.
Drop rates of quest named items in The Red Fens.
Drop rates of Maleficent Cabal named items.
Drop rates of named quest items in The Xorian Cipher.
Drop rates on named quest items in Invaders!.
Drop rates on items in Garamol's chest in The Subterranean.
Drop rates on items in Restless Isles.

A few "frequently asked questions" about this:

Why the change?
Over time and many updates, the drop rates on named items has varied wildly. We've done some analysis, and are raising old drop rates that we felt were too low. Generally speaking, if drop rates already met or exceeded our new guidelines, they were left alone. We don't intend to nerf the drop rate of anything in this pass.

What do you mean by 'quest items'?
We really just mean 'named items that drop in chests'. End reward lists and other methods of item gain were not adjusted in this pass.

Why isn't (insert item/quest/pack) on this list?
For some, they didn't need adjusting based on our guidelines (Attack on Stormreach, for instance). For others, we just haven't gotten to everything yet; some packs (especially older content) have outdated or elaborate loot table setups on our end. If you know of a pack or dungeon with crazy low drop rates, let us know and we can investigate it.

What about Raid items?
Drop rates of Raids are not being adjusted in this pass.

Do Ingredients count?
Generally, the drop rate of ingredients/crafting materials did not change. A few shifted around in the loot tables though; the purpose there was to make it more likely that if you didn't get a Named item, you got Ingredients instead.

When you say "drop rates from this pack have been raised", do you mean ALL the items in the pack?
In some cases yes, in others no. It really depended on what the rates already were.

What about Eberron Epic items - Scrolls, Seals, and Shards?
In this pass, we ensured that the drop rates of Seals and Shards for the above-mentioned packs met our current guidelines (for most of those packs, it was a slight bump in drop rate). We may take a further look at these in the future.

Saekee
11-17-2014, 09:09 AM
Thx this is good news. Since you asked for suggestions, the Sentinels seal/shard drop rate could use some adjustments. I believe scrolls drop rarely in Chronoscope.

Hobgoblin
11-17-2014, 09:16 AM
Hey, everyone.

In this pass, we ensured that the drop rates of Seals and Shards for the above-mentioned packs met our current guidelines (for most of those packs, it was a slight bump in drop rate). We may take a further look at these in the future.

i may argue that with sands items.

Perhaps you could take a look at maybe increasing the drops of shards in the raid? perhaps just a toggle on that one will drop in every raid? not a particular shard but a shard?

thanks!

btolson
11-17-2014, 09:35 AM
Hey, everyone.

Could you give us a hint as to what these guidelines are, partly just so we know, and partly so we can tell you if rates seem busted on our end?

Tobril
11-17-2014, 10:00 AM
Shards/seals/scrolls could benefit from some additional review.

There is more than one horror story about searching for a specific shard for YEARS
via multiple characters ransacking quest chests and staying on timer for raid chests.

Wizza
11-17-2014, 10:18 AM
I think this is a pointless change. What needs a Drop rate increase are Raid items from the 3 newest raids. Everything else, noone even farms them anymore.

- Animus Rune Arm - Devil Assault.

So many people farming this..right?

- Mad Lute and Mysterious Bauble - The Weapons Shipment.

Bauble, not bad.

- Sands of Menechtarun landscape.

LOL

- Menechtarun Desert have been increased on Elite and Epic difficulties.

LOL

- Druid's Deep named items.

This pack has decent named items?

- High Road named items.

LOL all items are now pointless.

- Gianthold named items.

Few items are still good so not bad.

Disciples of Shadow named items.
the Wheloon quest chain named items.
Optional chests in the Storm Horns.
Brothers of the Forge and A Study in Sable.

Cmon LOL. Not a single item from this chain is even used anymore or used at some point, not sure why we would care about this.

- Haunted Halls of Eveningstar.

The only decent pack for this change.

- Cormyrean items in Eveningstar Challenge chests.

Those items go togheter with the Challenge Ingredients Week loot, noone cares.

King's Forest items.

Wow. I'd say LOL but then I'd get monotonous.

- The drop rate of Eveningstar Commendations from the King's Forest, Underdark, and Demonweb quests no longer overlap with named item drops, making it more likely to get an item or Commendations.

Commendations can still be somewhat useful...

The drop rate of Web of Chaos quest named items have been increased on Elite and Epic Elite difficulties.

Secrets of the Artificers
The Red Fens.
Maleficent Cabal named items.
The Xorian Cipher.
Invaders!.
Garamol's chest in The Subterranean.
Restless Isles.

I..just..have no words. Garamol's chest? Really? Is this update 9 and noone told me anything?

Pointless change, pointless waste of time to me.

HatsuharuZ
11-17-2014, 10:44 AM
I am VERY glad that the drop rates for druid's deep and highroad items have been raised! Some of those items are ones I want~

As for Wheloon and Stormhorns.... most of those items are very poor, imo. Too many items, so few effects on each one.

Oh, I'm glad you mentioned raid items, Steel. I find it hard to want to run some of the older raids since their loot never got any slots or other upgrades when all of the other named items in the game got augment slots.

I don't think that CitW needs any increase in *named* items, but the Commendations of Heroism need to drop more often. ALOT more often. Please look at the drop rates of CoHs in both Caught in the Web and Fall of Truth, then compare the amount of time it takes to run each raid. There is a very large inconsistency there.

SirShen
11-17-2014, 10:49 AM
Thx this is good news. Since you asked for suggestions, the Sentinels seal/shard drop rate could use some adjustments. I believe scrolls drop rarely in Chronoscope.

Yes Sentinels of Stormreach drop rate is so bad, also Carnival in house P iv ran a Small Problem quest and never get a seal.

mikarddo
11-17-2014, 10:51 AM
Increased says very little. Are we talking a tiny increase, a doubling or a factor 10 or above?

Qezuzu
11-17-2014, 10:59 AM
Instead of just making items more common, you should make them actually worth striving for.

http://i.imgur.com/nOSDjee.png

Considering how hard epic Sands items are to get (I imagine making seals/shards more common will hardly help simply because there are so many items in the first place,) it's baffling how awful this item is. 90% of the Sands items are wholly worthless, the only ones I can say are any good (just as an epic TR item) are Marilith Chain (for three levels max until you get Cormyrian Red Dragonhide,) Chaos Blade, Dusk Heart (clickie only,) Thornlord (for three levels until you get Pinion,) and Ring of Spell Storing. Of these, Ring of Spell Storing is the only one that's useful at all levels 20-28, and maybe Dusk Heart. I also have a soft spot for Wolf Whistle but it's not really good (unless you somehow get lots of them :rolleyes:) and Seal of the Earth is kind of okay but not worth going out of your way to get, same with Dustless Boots. Out of 64 items, this is very sad.

Upgrading them doesn't have to be intensive... at the very least improve the enchantments they already have. Like, Mirage has just plain old Deception, not even Improved Deception. Adherent's Pendant has 54 Devotion, ML 20 Devotion slot has 90.

I'm sure other packs/quests have this problem, too.

Lauf
11-17-2014, 11:17 AM
If you know of a pack or dungeon with crazy low drop rates, let us know and we can investigate it.

the pit?

seen so many people try (unsuccessfully) to farm muckdooms...

jalont
11-17-2014, 11:28 AM
I think this is a pointless change. What needs a Drop rate increase are Raid items from the 3 newest raids. Everything else, noone even farms them anymore.

- Animus Rune Arm - Devil Assault.

So many people farming this..right?

- Mad Lute and Mysterious Bauble - The Weapons Shipment.

Bauble, not bad.

LOL

- Menechtarun Desert have been increased on Elite and Epic difficulties.

LOL

- High Road named items.

LOL all items are now pointless.

- Gianthold named items.

Few items are still good so not bad.

Disciples of Shadow named items.
the Wheloon quest chain named items.
Optional chests in the Storm Horns.
Brothers of the Forge and A Study in Sable.

Cmon LOL. Not a single item from this chain is even used anymore or used at some point, not sure why we would care about this.

- Haunted Halls of Eveningstar.

The only decent pack for this change.

- Cormyrean items in Eveningstar Challenge chests.

Those items go togheter with the Challenge Ingredients Week loot, noone cares.

King's Forest items.

Wow. I'd say LOL but then I'd get monotonous.

- The drop rate of Eveningstar Commendations from the King's Forest, Underdark, and Demonweb quests no longer overlap with named item drops, making it more likely to get an item or Commendations.

Commendations can still be somewhat useful...

Secrets of the Artificers
The Red Fens.
Maleficent Cabal named items.
The Xorian Cipher.
Invaders!.
Garamol's chest in The Subterranean.
Restless Isles.

I..just..have no words. Garamol's chest? Really? Is this update 9 and noone told me anything?

Pointless change, pointless waste of time to me.

At least once a week, there is a large thread about wanting to increase the drop rates of old packs. Apparently you have no idea what the player base wants. At this point, I think it'd be better for you to just assume that the player base wants the exact opposite of what you want and don't want.

Scrabbler
11-17-2014, 11:43 AM

That one Kama in Druid's Deep is highly powerful, if you happen to have Kama prof on a Bard. And getting it to drop is so hard it could almost be counted as a design error.

SilkofDrasnia
11-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Instead of just making items more common, you should make them actually worth striving for.

Considering how hard epic Sands items are to get (I imagine making seals/shards more common will hardly help simply because there are so many items in the first place,) it's baffling how awful this item is. 90% of the Sands items are wholly worthless, the only ones I can say are any good (just as an epic TR item) are Marilith Chain (for three levels max until you get Cormyrian Red Dragonhide,) Chaos Blade, Dusk Heart (clickie only,) Thornlord (for three levels until you get Pinion,) and Ring of Spell Storing. Of these, Ring of Spell Storing is the only one that's useful at all levels 20-28, and maybe Dusk Heart. I also have a soft spot for Wolf Whistle but it's not really good (unless you somehow get lots of them :rolleyes:) and Seal of the Earth is kind of okay but not worth going out of your way to get, same with Dustless Boots. Out of 64 items, this is very sad.

Upgrading them doesn't have to be intensive... at the very least improve the enchantments they already have. Like, Mirage has just plain old Deception, not even Improved Deception. Adherent's Pendant has 54 Devotion, ML 20 Devotion slot has 90.

Agreed. There has been recent "talks" about how endgame is in such a bad state and claims of it is becuase:

~ epic quests are not on 16hr timers
~ loot no longer is tiered in new stuff ( this is a big complaint, which I do not agree with tbh)
~ raid timer bypasses should have a timer themselves
~ etc etc

When really I feel back when we had a really good endgame loot was not "tiered", we had one heroic version and one epic version BUT it took so much longer to get loot namely because loot didn't drop as frequently, yes timers helped but mostly gear was worth farming for.

It was worth it to farm that marilith chain or torc or sos because these items had staying power. I remember back then builds actually had gear that was required to make them actually work effectively, hell some people even built around certain gear.

Now in builds people build and when asked about gear the most common answer is w/e as long as you try to focus on x,y or z first.

With this kind of general attitude how can you expect endgame NOT to be in a bad situation?

I use to be an endgame raider that stayed at endgame for at least 20 or 40 completions of raids I ran and now after 1 month at endgame I can't help but TR as there is no drive for me to stay there. About the only thing I do try to get 20 completions in is abbot and even then....

stoopid_cowboy
11-17-2014, 12:01 PM
The biggest thing that need to addressed are the laughably low drop rates of shards!
Why did it take a friend of mine 300+ Von6 completions to get a red dragon armor shard? Why is it that others players have farmed Von6 for YEARS without getting an SOS shard?

That should be the first thing addressed, not the drop rates of items that will just be used as vendor fodder....

Vargouille
11-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Increased says very little. Are we talking a tiny increase, a doubling or a factor 10 or above?

It depended very much on each individual item and pack. Some items were previously more ... "generously" available than others.

Wizza
11-17-2014, 12:29 PM
At least once a week, there is a large thread about wanting to increase the drop rates of old packs. Apparently you have no idea what the player base wants. At this point, I think it'd be better for you to just assume that the player base wants the exact opposite of what you want and don't want.

Yeah, that was happening 2 years ago. It is not happening now, noone farms Pre Shadowfell stuff. Most of the pack quoted in my post are useless to the Playerbase, who even farms THE RESTLESS ISLES? Are you kidding me? What's the point of increasing drop rates of THE SUBTERRANE? Specially when we have more urgent issues with drop rates, like ZERO ITEMS dropping in the new raids.

And I'd stop telling other people what to do, it is considered bad manners and it is not welcomed. kkthxbye.

That one Kama in Druid's Deep is highly powerful, if you happen to have Kama prof on a Bard. And getting it to drop is so hard it could almost be counted as a design error.

Are you talking about Forester's brush Hook? I guess it can be somewhat nice-ish. Hooray!

mikarddo
11-17-2014, 12:32 PM
It depended very much on each individual item and pack. Some items were previously more ... "generously" available than others.

Provide the some level of detail then or you have said nothing substantial.

Which items had their drop rate increased by atleast a factor 10?
Which items had their drop rate increased by atleast a factor 2?
Which items had their drop rate increased by atleast a factor 1.2?
Which items had their drop rate increased by less than a factor 1.2?

That would actually give us something to provide feedback on - rather than being left to think that exactly the drop we wish for was increased by a factor 1.01 or less.

Rull
11-17-2014, 12:37 PM
Most importantly, increase the drop rate of seals and shards. And I'm not talking doubling but x5 or x10.

Drop rates on items in Restless Isles.
Drop rates of named quest items in The Xorian Cipher.
I kinda liked Planar Gird to be rare, just like teleportation hats and resurrection rings. Inventory space should not be the only limit to GH's and raises. Consider an exception for clickies.
I'd rather increase the XP granted for the quests that drop the later two, to make them played again. They are both very long quests (extremely long if you include the 3-hour wilderness walkup) for just 4k base XP. Make it 10k base and you'll eventually see some rings/masks on the AH for reasonable prices.

The drop rate in the raid of the Restless Isles should definitely increase a lot. As well as other raids. Tharne's-raid, Reaver's Fate, Old Abbot, TOD rings, basically anything that isn't endgame. I'm not going to run it for a 1/50 chance on a mere leveling item, but I might run it for a 1/20 chance of one.

One other thing that comes to mind are the Litany of the Dead bosses chests.
And I think you need to do something about dragontouched armor eventually.

Note that I think the drop rate of epic necro quests (not raid) is way too high, just like three barrel cove was (got 7 out of 8 items that I wanted on my first day and didn't play the pack again, waste of an update for both).

HatsuharuZ
11-17-2014, 12:43 PM

Question: How time-consuming would it be to replace the scroll/seal/shard system with a system in which the completed items drop? Unfortunately, most of these items are no longer worth the time and effort involved to farm them.

Excepts include epic Sword of Shadows and possibly epic Ring of Spell-Storing.

Vicania
11-17-2014, 12:44 PM

My favourite sands item is:

http://ddowiki.com/images/thumb/Epic_Hruvayah%27s_Medallion.png/420px-Epic_Hruvayah%27s_Medallion.png

Sands got 60+ items in total. 90% are really bad. And its super hard to craft any of them. Epic crafting and items in this pack needs serious revamp. I know that it will probably never hppen. It requires some work and Turbine cant afford resources for it.
Other epic packs got quite ok drops. Even now its not that hard to craft fens/carnival items. Shards drops almost in every big top/deepths run. And you have to farm certain quest for seal. In sands seals drops are random and there is just to many items to get the one you want.
In sentinels shards drops in tide turn needs a boost seals are not that hard.

Aletys
11-17-2014, 01:03 PM
Please look at Jack Jibbers Blade & Shards/Scrolls/Seals in Sands. Specifically Scrolls in Raid, & Seal/Shard/Scroll for Ring of Spell Storing.

I've run 3BC quests (especially Legend Revisited) so many times, on all difficulties, that I've lost count. I have never, ever seen it in an end reward (nor has anyone else I know), and I only know a handful of people who have actually had it drop in a chest.

As far as Sands items & ingredients, I know people who have been farming the Sands for the Ring of Spell Storing ingredients for years, and still don't have them. The elusive ring is apparently easier to get than it's ingredients (though I've never seen it drop ... I know a total of 4 people who have had it drop over a 5+ year period). The Mysterious Bauble is actually easier to get than the ring or it's epic ingredients, and that is saying something.

Impaqt
11-17-2014, 01:15 PM
You gave us Scroll Trade in for the sands.

Please do the same thing with Seals and Scrolls. Let us swap useless seals and shards for good ones.

ANd make it Game wide while your at it. WHile the Sands are most annoying due to the large amount of items, the rest of the items are now to a point where it shouldnt matter if they are easier to obtain.

EllisDee37
11-17-2014, 01:26 PM

LOLWhirlwind is plenty good enough to be worth farming.

Steelstar
11-17-2014, 01:34 PM
Please look at Jack Jibbers Blade & Shards/Scrolls/Seals in Sands. Specifically Scrolls in Raid, & Seal/Shard/Scroll for Ring of Spell Storing.

As we said, we may take a further look at the Eberron Epic system sometime in the future.

The Jack Jibbers blade is currently dropping as intended; it is intentionally that rare.

Seljuck
11-17-2014, 02:21 PM
Hey, everyone.

That's very bad news. Seals and shards needs to be adjusted! Especially in packs with multiple of them. Take for example SoS shard, Spell Storing Ring, Old Red armor shard.. they have extremely bad drop rates in comparison to new named item or ingredients.

Ring of Spell Storing shard is perfect example o this. Yes, it's quite powerful item for all casters, but that means it supposed to be Elitist item? On Cannith server, where I'm playing only few people have this ring finished. You can count them on the fingers of one hand.. and probably half of them don't play in DDO anymore.

Please, give us new hope to run this quests again.. because with current drop rates it's pointless.

Qhualor
11-17-2014, 02:47 PM

I can agree increasing drop rates might peak some interest for some people, but the bigger issue is improving the named items to be worth going for. No improvements won't suddenly make me want to farm old quests for twink loot.

JOTMON
11-17-2014, 03:06 PM
Its an increase that has been a long time coming.
Better drop rates .. good for the new comers..
For us old disgruntled veterans.. we have already farmed them and moved on and will likely never go back due to farming burnout.

but hey, better late than never.

Chaimberland
11-17-2014, 03:18 PM
Thank you for the news Steelstar. I for one am very happy at the chance that scrolls, seals & shards will drop more frequently. It took me over 2 years to get that darn shard for the epic antique great axe.

Scrabbler
11-17-2014, 03:27 PM
As you may have seen in this weekend's Lamannia release notes, we're planning to make some changes to the drop rates of items in older packs with U24.
I'll very briefly chime in along with the "It's weird to tweak drop rates on badly-designed loot".

You changed drop rate in Red Fens. The Red Fens are level 9+ quests with ML 7 loot, many of which are level 4-6 in power. The products of the Altar of Vulkoor are particularly weak. (Compare to the ML 8-9 items in Relic of a Sovereign Past, which have essentially 100% drop rate)
You changed drop rates in Invaders. 75-100% of the collectible reward loots for Invaders tokens are astoundingly weak.
You changed drop rate for Mad Lute. That's a Bard-only two-hand weapon, but Bard rules have changed so it only makes sense for them to use one-handers. I suggest fixing Mad Lute by replacing granted Greatclub Proficiency with GTHF, and adding an entry that it's treated as a Light Mace for purposes of Swashbuckling.
You changed drop rates in Underdark, but didn't spread around the sources for Drow Weaponmaster gear. If you look at the chests that people want and what it takes to reach them, the pattern is... interesting.

Chi_Ryu
11-17-2014, 03:45 PM
My favourite sands item is:

Aaah, Epic Hruvayah's Medallion - an Epic item that is in many ways inferior to the Heroic version (one augment slot instead of two, though admittedly Green rather than Yellow+Colorless).

The Sands items really need a loot pass. And a massive increase in the drop rate of the Shard of RoSS :P

who even farms THE RESTLESS ISLES?

People who think the Ring of the Ancestors and the Royal Guard Mask are pretty cool items.

What's the point of increasing drop rates of THE SUBTERRANE?

I still run to Garramol's chest every week or so desperately trying to pull a Luck Blade. Just because you don't approve, doesn't mean there aren't active players who will appreciate the increased drop rates.

patang01
11-17-2014, 04:09 PM
As we said, we may take a further look at the Eberron Epic system sometime in the future.

The Jack Jibbers blade is currently dropping as intended; it is intentionally that rare.

It's pointless to increase drop rate of items if the shard/seal/scroll system remains so borked. I quit wasting shards on rerolls in order to pull shards or seals out of sentinels and Web of Chaos.

Ziindarax
11-17-2014, 04:09 PM

The updated drop rates are nice, but that doesn't mean anything if the bug on Lamannia transfers over to Live - I don't know why, but half of us can't even get past the "Loading Subscription Data... / Loading Character Data" Infinite re-loop that then tells us that the Server is full.

We have two threads on this on the general discussion forums, yet for some reason, the matter is being ignored. If you intend for us to test the update, please fix the errors that are still being reported because right now, Lammannia is COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE!!!

Thank you,

Ziind.

nibel
11-17-2014, 04:35 PM
Question: How time-consuming would it be to replace the scroll/seal/shard system with a system in which the completed items drop?

While I also advocate for this change for years, if that is not possible/too powerful, maybe changing the seal/scroll/shards to be pack-generic (Ie, "Shard of Vault of Night" instead of "Shard of Sword of Shadows", and it works on all VoN epic items)?

Seikojin
11-17-2014, 04:38 PM

The only way you will treally find out is by logging onto lamannia and running the quests. It is not like you don't have the tools to gather the data. Asking for values from the devs is asking for values to exploit. If they gave values, you would run till ransack and complain that the rate didn't match their statement. Or that it dropped too often. Catch 22 for the devs if they reveal too much. Saying there is an increase can only be truly validated by the players.

DarthCaedus
11-17-2014, 04:43 PM

The drop rate on Jibbers blade seems reasonable.

Compare that to epic ring of spell storing which is truly an extremely almost ridiculously unreasonably rare item.

Caprice
11-17-2014, 05:24 PM
Its an increase that has been a long time coming.
Better drop rates .. good for the new comers..
For us old disgruntled veterans.. we have already farmed them and moved on and will likely never go back due to farming burnout.

but hey, better late than never.
+1
Not everyone is a jaded Triple Completionist etc. etc. and even those of us who have been around for a while may still be looking for a few nice pieces still. ;-)

I'd really love to see the epic scroll trader expanded to seals and shards and replicated across the rest of the epic zones, as already suggested here, even if perhaps the numbers needed are higher on the latter types. Hopefully the code is reusable.

Wipey
11-18-2014, 05:22 AM
I think drop rates of seals / shards on EE are reasonable, basically the only reason to even run EE.
Only problem is the sheer amount of Sands items, so perhaps remove heroic items from epic loot tables in Sands ?

And scrolls ? They drop like candy, bags with hundreds of junk scrolls.

Jefro
11-18-2014, 08:34 AM
Could eveningstar challenges items get a revamp. The weapons need their multipliers updated. The armor and shields also need a update since they are subpar to random items that update 19 created.

Is level 30 eveningstar chests actually that loot level now?

After a previous update Witchdoctor Zeef item zeef's amulet from Stop Hazadill's Shipment (of Chapter 2 of the story arc A Man Named Baudry Cartamon) had been missing because they removed his chest. Could his item be put in the chest across from him?

catouse9
11-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Great news Thanks for this!

Marupal
11-18-2014, 06:03 PM
Bumping up the drop rates is really good news. Thank you. I was beginning to think Animus was a myth. :)

Hopefully these drop rates are going to be adjusted quite a bit higher. The mechanic is fun enough but by the time you've acquired the scroll/seal/shard/item combo, you've shot past the level you could benefit from the items. ...and wracked up a few epic past lives.

Thar
11-18-2014, 09:12 PM

Desert needs a refresh along with a saga tied to orchard.

FranOhmsford
11-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Hey, everyone.

As you may have seen in this weekend's Lamannia release notes, we're planning to make some changes to the drop rates of items in older packs with U24. We saw a few of you had questions about it, so we thought we'd elaborate a bit.

Why the change?
Over time and many updates, the drop rates on named items has varied wildly. We've done some analysis, and are raising old drop rates that we felt were too low. Generally speaking, if drop rates already met or exceeded our new guidelines, they were left alone. We don't intend to nerf the drop rate of anything in this pass.

We really just mean 'named items that drop in chests'. End reward lists and other methods of item gain were not adjusted in this pass.

For some, they didn't need adjusting based on our guidelines (Attack on Stormreach, for instance). For others, we just haven't gotten to everything yet; some packs (especially older content) have outdated or elaborate loot table setups on our end. If you know of a pack or dungeon with crazy low drop rates, let us know and we can investigate it.

What about Raid items?

Do Ingredients count?
Generally, the drop rate of ingredients/crafting materials did not change. A few shifted around in the loot tables though; the purpose there was to make it more likely that if you didn't get a Named item, you got Ingredients instead.

When you say "drop rates from this pack have been raised", do you mean ALL the items in the pack?
In some cases yes, in others no. It really depended on what the rates already were.

Two More Questions

Are you going to use this opportunity to finish what you started with named item upgrades?

If Not - When are you going to get around to adding +{W} dice and Augment Slots to:
- Sharn Syndicate
- Lordsmarch
- Harbinger of Madness
- Druid's Deep
- Reign of Madness
and many others?

janave
11-19-2014, 02:45 AM
Weapon Shipment and the entire Sands are probably the ones needed most of the adjustment.

My idea for Weapon Shipment is to add a % for the optional to drop baubles! I bet 95% of the population doesnt even knwo there is an optional in there with a 2nd boss.

For sands, pls apply drop rate +-es to epic ingredients too.

Other things that seem notoriously weak,
3BC heroic wilderness area stuff = both rare spawn and horrid drops.

Gianthold: Prison of the Planes stuff, both chest spawn and kinda meager drops (altho its probably the chest spawn that breaks this).

Reavers Refuge, pls add Vorace options to get tempest rune for ~75-125 runes, and a sovereign rune of choice for ~150-250 runes.

Thanks for doing this!

EllisDee37
11-19-2014, 07:01 AM
If Not - When are you going to get around to adding +{W} dice and Augment Slots to:
- Sharn Syndicate
- Lordsmarch
- Harbinger of Madness
- Druid's Deep
- Reign of Madness
and many others?Good call. Also the challenge weapons in particular need the +[W] love lootgen gets. Both cannith and eveningstar. Especially eveningstar, since cormyrian weapons are essentially lootgen that compete with lootgen but don't do as much damage as lootgen because they weren't part of the lootgen pass.

Steelstar
11-19-2014, 07:16 AM
Good call. Also the challenge weapons in particular need the +[W] love lootgen gets. Both cannith and eveningstar. Especially eveningstar, since cormyrian weapons are essentially lootgen that compete with lootgen but don't do as much damage as lootgen because they weren't part of the lootgen pass.

Level 20 and 24 Cormyrean weapons are already 2[w], like most other Epic weapons at their level - They just don't have the (purely aesthetic) "Epic Weapon" effect that calls it out. It does look like the ML16 versions are 1[w] when they should be 1.5[w] though. We'll take a look at them.

lyrecono
11-19-2014, 07:17 AM
thanks dev's
but this isn't a veiled attempt to lure attention away from the barb pass is it? they still need a lot of work as it is.

Two More Questions

Are you going to use this opportunity to finish what you started with named item upgrades?

- Sharn Syndicate
- Lordsmarch
- Harbinger of Madness
- Druid's Deep
- Reign of Madness
and many others?

carnifex could do with a +[0,5W] or a slot

Aelonwy
11-19-2014, 08:06 AM
Thank you for your efforts in this, I for one do NOT think this is wasted dev time. Efforts like this as well as when you occasionally update named loot in older packs allows us long time players to recommend older packs to newer players in good conscience.

barecm
11-19-2014, 08:12 AM

I have been running DQ raid and ATDQ quest for years now, since the epic system was implemented. I run the raid on EH and ATDQ on EE. I have run this every few days for YEARS and have never ever seen the shard for Thornlord drop. Not just for me, for anyone. I have dozens of seals and the scrolls you can trade it, but have had those drop easily enough as well. I certainly do not spend the same amount of time on it as I used to, but I still run it here and there with some hopes.

At this point, YEARS AND YEARS later, I know exactly 1 person with that bow completed and upgraded to Epic.

Now, since the actual usefulness of that particular bow is past over with alchemical at the same level, the time to revist Heroic Epic items has actually PASSED. Looking into it for a future fix is about as useful as reading a newspaper from 10 years ago to catch up on current events.

Aelonwy
11-19-2014, 08:15 AM
Desert needs a refresh along with a saga tied to orchard.

Orchard/Necropolis needs a saga plain and simple. Wouldn't a larger saga that connects Menechtauran, Gianthold, Orchard and Reaver's Refuge be a good idea too? They are already connected through the dragon gems.
We should also get a saga that combines all the Droaam quests... although I would like an end to that story as well. ...Nasty hag running off before I can slay her.

Saekee
11-19-2014, 08:59 AM
Two More Questions

- Sharn Syndicate
- Lordsmarch
- Harbinger of Madness
- Druid's Deep
- Reign of Madness
and many others?

I see you mentioned the Challenge items as missing the enhanced weapon multiplier but plse note Fran's post here. There are some niche build named items that are doing very low base damage considering the changes to lootgen.

Atremus
11-19-2014, 09:12 AM
Thanks Devs. Looking forward to this change on TR characters. Should make it much more enjoyable to farm gear now.

MangLord
11-19-2014, 10:25 AM
I've been spending an awful lot of time trying to finish an epic Envenomed Blade lately. (Great early ETR sword for a swashbuckler) I'm beginning to think the shard only exists in folklore, and I run a full party EE every day. If I can finally stop killing blue spiders, I'll be happy.

A solution for the scroll/seal/shard problem would be to offer a large list of scroll/seal/shards on a 20th completion, or as a "chain reward" for running LoD, Servants, Spinner and BtR for example. Given the amount of scroll/seal/shards in the chain, I'm sure people will still be doing a bit of farming, but won't have to run the quest 1000x and still come up short. I'm sure people hunting down a SoS would appreciate a more reliable droprate by running VoN 1-6 once every 3 days and getting a reward list full of scrolls/seals/shards.

Epic Orchard could use a better loot table for a chain completion. I usually see one or sometimes two items within a whole lot of assorted lootgen garbage, and have yet to get something I want. (intercession ward on Glimpse of the Soul seems to be broken, along with MoD in general)

For those of us running alts we're still building up, this is a nice change. Thanks!

Gratch
11-19-2014, 12:20 PM
There's not a whole lot of reason to collect seals, scrolls, shards except for ETR'ing early levels and some one-off special items, but the problem highlighted most by the desert is the inability to get both seal and shard of a specific item. The initial setup was to favor seals and shards per quest for the items dropped by that quest and then to pile ALL the explorer and raid items into the pre-raid and raid (along with some availability of everything else). Sadly with just those two chests for shards, the chance to pull a specific explorer shard was below .1% when you even get a shard from those chests at all.

Many of us raked the desert forever and never saw a dusk heart or SSRing shard. I guess certain items should be very reclusive. But I've made >5 epic sword of shadows, 2 complete 5-piece chronoscope epic sets in the same play time. The desert epic system is too selfish and needs retooling. Some sort of all-shard reward after combining ~15 all-shard-pieces which fall in eadq/edq. Probably easiest to put a vendor in who gives out a selected shard for an all-shard so you don't have to touch the recipe setup.

Psiandron
11-19-2014, 12:53 PM
Two More Questions

- Sharn Syndicate
- Lordsmarch
- Harbinger of Madness
- Druid's Deep
- Reign of Madness
and many others?

The weapons from the Cove also need a makeover so that the appropriate ones gain paragon status.

A lot of people asking after drop rates on shards, but honestly the vast majority of the old epic items are useless. I don't mean at level 28 either, I mean useless at level 20. Out of all the epicable items in the Sands and VoN, what's worth epicing; the RSS, the Torc and the SS? That's all that I can think of. Three items out of how many?

Dalsheel
11-19-2014, 01:16 PM
Are you talking about Forester's brush Hook? I guess it can be somewhat nice-ish. Hooray!

You've never played with that kama, have you?

EllisDee37
11-19-2014, 01:35 PM
Level 20 and 24 Cormyrean weapons are already 2[w], like most other Epic weapons at their level - They just don't have the (purely aesthetic) "Epic Weapon" effect that calls it out. It does look like the ML16 versions are 1[w] when they should be 1.5[w] though. We'll take a look at them.Cool, man, thanks. I only thought of it because the only cormyrian weapons I happen to use are ML16, so that's what jumped out at me. If the 20 and 24 already have the 2[W] of epic weapons, then those are all good.

Don't forget the elemental weapons in cannith challenges. (Khopesh of water, greataxe of fire, rapier of air, longbow of earth.) Probably similar to cormyrian: ML20 already has the proper 2[W], but the ML16 ones lag behind with only 1[W]. (ML12 ones should properly have 1[W] so they should be all good.)

Psiandron
11-19-2014, 02:19 PM
I haven't seen it specifically mentioned, but you say Underdark quests, does that mean that the drop rate for Drow weapons from Rusted Blades has been increased?

Because if they haven't been changed, they should be.

the_one_dwarfforged
11-19-2014, 02:20 PM
drop rates are pretty solid already on ee, but as long as von drop rates are not increased im good with this.

because i dont need to hear another thousand noobs squealing over esos.

also you should really look into giving many old epic items a quick look to see if there is an easy way to modernize a least some of them, but i guess theres no money in that sooooo....nvm.

Ancient
11-19-2014, 02:22 PM
The weapons from the Cove also need a makeover so that the appropriate ones gain paragon status.

A lot of people asking after drop rates on shards, but honestly the vast majority of the old epic items are useless. I don't mean at level 28 either, I mean useless at level 20. Out of all the epicable items in the Sands and VoN, what's worth epicing; the RSS, the Torc and the SS? That's all that I can think of. Three items out of how many?

I wish there was a "filter list" where you could auto-destroy many of the worthless shard/scroll/seal items.

Steelstar
11-19-2014, 02:26 PM
I haven't seen it specifically mentioned, but you say Underdark quests, does that mean that the drop rate for Drow weapons from Rusted Blades has been increased?

Because if they haven't been changed, they should be.

Yes, those have gotten a bump as part of this pass.

Psiandron
11-19-2014, 02:28 PM
Yes, those have gotten a bump as part of this pass.

excellent!

Thanks for the prompt reply Steel.

nibel
11-19-2014, 03:55 PM
Don't forget the elemental weapons in cannith challenges. (Khopesh of water, greataxe of fire, rapier of air, longbow of earth.) Probably similar to cormyrian: ML20 already has the proper 2[W], but the ML16 ones lag behind with only 1[W]. (ML12 ones should properly have 1[W] so they should be all good.)

ML10 random lootgen weapon already have 1.5[W]. You need a +6 to get the paragon weapon effect. This sets the weapon to ML 10. ML 8 if they are masterful (either crafted or randomly generated).

EllisDee37
11-19-2014, 04:01 PM
ML10 random lootgen weapon already have 1.5[W]. You need a +6 to get the paragon weapon effect. This sets the weapon to ML 10. ML 8 if they are masterful (either crafted or randomly generated).Ah, good call. So yeah, 1.5[W] for the ML12 and ML16s.

FranOhmsford
11-19-2014, 05:21 PM
(ML12 ones should properly have 1[W] so they should be all good.)

Min Lvl 10 Random Lootgen has Paragon Weapon!

Min Lvl 12 Named Loot should DEFINITELY be at least 1.5{W}!

Jefro
11-19-2014, 05:35 PM
I ran weapon shipment a lot and I think mad lute falls much more than the bauble, I did not know there was an issue with the lute. Anyone else seen a lot of mad lute or the crippling trinket much?

FlameDiablo
11-19-2014, 07:44 PM
Just 2 items need a huge increase of drop rate: seal/shard spell storing ring
The rest are all farmable/buyable

Caprice
11-20-2014, 08:27 AM

Many of the Sands epic weapons are excellent right at level 20 due to expanded critical profiles, but the effort and time required to get one means you'll easily cap level 28 months (or years) before you can acquire one. If you have one of them already I'm sure it would make for a great early ER choice, but otherwise there is no point in trying for one since it will take less time & effort to get Epic Completionist than to complete any weapon let alone a specific one.

However I might add the Epic Dustless Boots to your list, since AFAICT it is one of only two Jump items in the game that gives +30 Jump skill. I've tried farming the other (Morah's Belt, ML18, Amrath) and had so little luck that I think that if I put my mind to it I wonder if I might actually get the Dustless Boots first.

Qezuzu
11-20-2014, 08:50 AM
Many of the Sands epic weapons are excellent right at level 20 due to expanded critical profiles, but the effort and time required to get one means you'll easily cap level 28 months (or years) before you can acquire one. If you have one of them already I'm sure it would make for a great early ER choice, but otherwise there is no point in trying for one since it will take less time & effort to get Epic Completionist than to complete any weapon let alone a specific one.

However I might add the Epic Dustless Boots to your list, since AFAICT it is one of only two Jump items in the game that gives +30 Jump skill. I've tried farming the other (Morah's Belt, ML18, Amrath) and had so little luck that I think that if I put my mind to it I wonder if I might actually get the Dustless Boots first.

There's no way in hell that Morah's Belt is harder to get than an epic sands raid item.

And while a handful do have expanded crit, you're right that they're so bafflingly rare and are only good for a couple levels at best anyway.

Caprice
11-20-2014, 12:10 PM
There's no way in hell that Morah's Belt is harder to get than an epic sands raid item.

And while a handful do have expanded crit, you're right that they're so bafflingly rare and are only good for a couple levels at best anyway.
The comment about the epic boots was meant in jest. I'm just whining about my lack of luck with the belt. I realize that in fact the boots require 2 vanishingly rare drops and 2 rare drops, not just one semi-rare drop. OTOH I find eADQ & eZR to be a lot more fun to run than Bastion is, and ToD isn't the most popular raid.

"Bafflingly rare" is a great phrase, and apt.

Kaytis
11-20-2014, 12:31 PM
I ran weapon shipment a lot and I think mad lute falls much more than the bauble, I did not know there was an issue with the lute. Anyone else seen a lot of mad lute or the crippling trinket much?

I gotta say it's at least 10 to 1 in favor of the Lute. I have literally pulled a Lute out of both side chests in multiple runs. I've had toons with up to three in their inventory before I sell them off. The Bauble on the other hand drops at most one in 50 pulls and only from the center chest. I am almost certain that Steelstar meant the Shimmering Arrowhead which, while no longer that useful, drops at about the same rate as the Bauble.

Steelstar
11-20-2014, 12:46 PM
I gotta say it's at least 10 to 1 in favor of the Lute. I have literally pulled a Lute out of both side chests in multiple runs. I've had toons with up to three in their inventory before I sell them off. The Bauble on the other hand drops at most one in 50 pulls and only from the center chest. I am almost certain that Steelstar meant the Shimmering Arrowhead which, while no longer that useful, drops at about the same rate as the Bauble.

I believe the rates of all three of those things went up; Lute is still a little more common than the other two, though.

Oxarhamar
11-20-2014, 02:06 PM

unless you have another way to inflict Crippling on a Critical Hit, Arrowhead still has its situational uses.

My party members notice when I decide to swap to it for a bit of the slowdowns on mobs its quite nice say in EE tor when those giants spawning out the portals in the first room are moving in slow motion.

Thar
11-20-2014, 06:41 PM
I believe the rates of all three of those things went up; Lute is still a little more common than the other two, though.

I thought when the quest was changed years ago that it was supposed to be able to drop in all 3 chests on elite (the bauble). Steelstar can you check?

Hendrik
11-20-2014, 07:03 PM
I have been running DQ raid and ATDQ quest for years now, since the epic system was implemented. I run the raid on EH and ATDQ on EE. I have run this every few days for YEARS and have never ever seen the shard for Thornlord drop. Not just for me, for anyone. I have dozens of seals and the scrolls you can trade it, but have had those drop easily enough as well. I certainly do not spend the same amount of time on it as I used to, but I still run it here and there with some hopes.

At this point, YEARS AND YEARS later, I know exactly 1 person with that bow completed and upgraded to Epic.

Now, since the actual usefulness of that particular bow is past over with alchemical at the same level, the time to revist Heroic Epic items has actually PASSED. Looking into it for a future fix is about as useful as reading a newspaper from 10 years ago to catch up on current events.

I have to agree.

While I would LOVE to finally finish my Wolf Whistle and Spell Storing Rings, all they would do is sit in my bank until I need room and end up destroying them.

This change is good for those adventurers that do not have access to better gear at higher levels yet.

Kaytis
11-20-2014, 11:22 PM
I thought when the quest was changed years ago that it was supposed to be able to drop in all 3 chests on elite (the bauble). Steelstar can you check?

I only have my experience to go by with that. I have watched maybe 15 of them get pulled, and it has always been the center chest. I have never seen one in the side chests. I used to run it a lot, but now all my toons have it so I haven't run the quest much in the last few months. Fun stuff: I have seen two in the same chest, and once I had to leave one behind because I was running it solo for fun on a toon that already had it. I have a guild mate that has had at least 300 shots at it and never pulled one on a particular toon. The same guild mate took another toon in, that had never run it before, on casual, and pulled one.

MangLord
11-21-2014, 01:24 AM
I've helped my guild leaders with many a Bauble farm and I've never seen it. I was giving away Mad Lutes like candy, though.

davmuzl
11-21-2014, 02:42 AM

Why do we even have different drop rates at all?
To me that seemed to be the only reason for people to dislike the seal, shard, scroll system. I really liked it, because it ment that I could make progress and especially in the phiarlan epic quests it worked great. Compare that to red fens pretty much all anybody ever wanted was the claw set, but you would never get that and always some other seal/shard. Demons sands is even worse just because there are so many useless items.
btw I generally like the idea of having some randomness for named items. I just think that it is bad to have the most important effect on the item be random (mainly looking at the seal of house dun'robar and the intricate field optics/until u23 also the helm of the blue dragon), because that effectively lowers the drop rate.

Aelonwy
11-21-2014, 07:57 AM
Why do we even have different drop rates at all?
To me that seemed to be the only reason for people to dislike the seal, shard, scroll system. I really liked it, because it ment that I could make progress and especially in the phiarlan epic quests it worked great. Compare that to red fens pretty much all anybody ever wanted was the claw set, but you would never get that and always some other seal/shard. Demons sands is even worse just because there are so many useless items.
btw I generally like the idea of having some randomness for named items. I just think that it is bad to have the most important effect on the item be random (mainly looking at the seal of house dun'robar and the intricate field optics/until u23 also the helm of the blue dragon), because that effectively lowers the drop rate.

It would be nice if those named items with random stats had a slightly higher drop rate to compensate for how many times you might end up pulling the wrong permutation before getting the right one for your character. Instead they've always seemed to me to have a low drop rate coupled with the least desirable permutation dropping the most frequently, (dratted wisdom+8 Stoneheart) but that of course could be anecdotal and selection-bias.

richieelias27
11-21-2014, 07:57 AM
How about Tome of Legends pages from Necropolis? The drop-rate on those seems to be ridiculously low. I've run through the entire Orchard chain + Litany many times on Elite and not a single page has been seen.

Saekee
11-21-2014, 09:45 AM
unless you have another way to inflict Crippling on a Critical Hit, Arrowhead still has its situational uses.

My party members notice when I decide to swap to it for a bit of the slowdowns on mobs its quite nice say in EE tor when those giants spawning out the portals in the first room are moving in slow motion.

hi Oxarhamar, tendon slice, while not the same, works from the offhand for throwers--have you tried it with Xbows? I had my Razorend in the offhand in Gianthold in a recent starchucker incarnation and the mobs were constantly getting hamstringed. It was kind of funny TBH.

This update change is exciting because I can make a second EMG, assuming Sentinels is adjusted.

Oxarhamar
11-21-2014, 10:39 AM
How about Tome of Legends pages from Necropolis? The drop-rate on those seems to be ridiculously low. I've run through the entire Orchard chain + Litany many times on Elite and not a single page has been seen.

Are you kidding? On Herioc you can get them in the explorer now, they drop chance in every chest, way easy to collect.

Oxarhamar
11-21-2014, 10:49 AM
hi Oxarhamar, tendon slice, while not the same, works from the offhand for throwers--have you tried it with Xbows? I had my Razorend in the offhand in Gianthold in a recent starchucker incarnation and the mobs were constantly getting hamstringed. It was kind of funny TBH.

This update change is exciting because I can make a second EMG, assuming Sentinels is adjusted.

Unfortunately only thing you can hold in your offhand w/ Xbow is a Runearms & only for Artificer.

Runearms for the most part just have the lame imbue. I really wish they had more interesting passive effects.

Psiandron
11-21-2014, 12:30 PM
It would be nice if those named items with random stats had a slightly higher drop rate to compensate for how many times you might end up pulling the wrong permutation before getting the right one for your character. Instead they've always seemed to me to have a low drop rate coupled with the least desirable permutation dropping the most frequently, (dratted wisdom+8 Stoneheart) but that of course could be anecdotal and selection-bias.

Boy isn't that the truth.

The dragonscale helms can certainly be problematic in this way and for me, getting the correct Planar Conflux of Erudition seems to be impossible.

Caprice
11-21-2014, 01:32 PM
Unfortunately only thing you can hold in your offhand w/ Xbow is a Runearms & only for Artificer.

Runearms for the most part just have the lame imbue. I really wish they had more interesting passive effects.
Edit: The below text is incorrect because runearms are crafted as trinkets, not offhands, and thus cannot take a Tendon Slice shard. There is no flexible shard for Tendon Slice.

Technically many of the heroic runearms are craftable with Cannith crafting shards, and Tendon Slice (up to 8%) is Cannith craftable. That does increase the minimum level but it never goes beyond 20. If you were willing to use a heroic runearm you could add Tendon Slice onto it that way, but you would lose your epic scaled item enchantments (e.g. Force 150 vs Potency 60) to do so. In limited circumstances that might be worth having as a kiting swap. I wish that there were a similar option available to epic arms but alas no. Runearms you could craft by assembling components that add the mods you want would be even more fantastic and very fitting to the class, but I doubt we'll ever see anything like that.

Tendon Slice is available on one (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Emerald_Gaze) or two (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Hide_of_the_Goristro) non-weapon epic items too. Apropos to the OP, one of those is even going to drop more often in U24... although that won't help out the WF.

Oxarhamar
11-21-2014, 02:16 PM
Technically many of the heroic runearms are craftable with Cannith crafting shards, and Tendon Slice (up to 8%) is Cannith craftable. That does increase the minimum level but it never goes beyond 20. If you were willing to use a heroic runearm you could add Tendon Slice onto it that way, but you would lose your epic scaled item enchantments (e.g. Force 150 vs Potency 60) to do so. In limited circumstances that might be worth having as a kiting swap. I wish that there were a similar option available to epic arms but alas no. Runearms you could craft by assembling components that add the mods you want would be even more fantastic and very fitting to the class, but I doubt we'll ever see anything like that.

Tendon Slice is available on one (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Emerald_Gaze) or two (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Hide_of_the_Goristro) non-weapon epic items too. Apropos to the OP, one of those is even going to drop more often in U24... although that won't help out the WF.

True but, I still think swapping to the Crippling Trinket is superior for that type of situation.

Crippling is on Crit 20% for a crossbow w/IC vs. Tendon slice 2%-10%
crippling lasts in definately on mobs that are not immune vs. tendon slice 6 seconds?

Just crippling alone on the trinket would make it a good situational swap item for any ranged build wanting a bit of CC, the other weak effects overshadow the situational power of the item.

barecm
11-21-2014, 02:25 PM

I don't understand why we keep waiting for this revamp. It has been an issue with the Sands since day 1 and the only thing you have done is make the scrolls way too easy to get. I understand the items themselves are not 100% awesome, but there are a few that have value, but the odds are so far skewed against ever getting a shard for what you want that it becomes not only pointless to keep grinding, but extrodinarily frustrating as well.

I would suggest upping the drop rate for shards on EH and EE in ATDQ an the Raid. For your 20th Epic Raid completion, have a list of shards.

It seems you guys are tinkering with a lot of stuff that really needs nothing and yet systems with seemingly easy fixes, like shard drop rates for the epic sands, are left untouched for years. You wonder why these forums have been increasingly hostile over the years, it is from statements like the one I quoted which only shows how disconnected the developers are from the folks who spend time playing the game.

Caprice
11-21-2014, 04:09 PM
True but, I still think swapping to the Crippling Trinket is superior for that type of situation.

Crippling is on Crit 20% for a crossbow w/IC vs. Tendon slice 2%-10%
crippling lasts in definately on mobs that are not immune vs. tendon slice 6 seconds?

Just crippling alone on the trinket would make it a good situational swap item for any ranged build wanting a bit of CC, the other weak effects overshadow the situational power of the item.
Edit: The below text is incorrect because runearms are crafted as trinkets, not offhands, and thus cannot take a Tendon Slice shard. There is no flexible shard for Tendon Slice.

I agree that the Shimmering Arrowhead is the clearly superior choice, but you should be able to use both for 2 chances at slowing the mobs*. FWIW I believe Tendon Slice is actually 12 seconds. It's also somewhat easier to get, since shards are made and Arrowheads are looted.

* Unless there's some bug/problem where Tendon Slice overwrites Crippled and then expires and removes both effects that I am not aware of.

Oxarhamar
11-22-2014, 12:45 PM
I agree that the Shimmering Arrowhead is the clearly superior choice, but you should be able to use both for 2 chances at slowing the mobs*. FWIW I believe Tendon Slice is actually 12 seconds. It's also somewhat easier to get, since shards are made and Arrowheads are looted.

* Unless there's some bug/problem where Tendon Slice overwrites Crippled and then expires and removes both effects that I am not aware of.

*Not that I am aware of. Though for me I just don't have room for tendon slice.

There is a bug with Crippling thou. if a mob is immune to the Crippling effect then only your base damage numbers hit. basically all your other additional effects are ignored as well. For an Artificer those can be a lot of damage not being delt, the work around is simple just un equip the trinket. still it's annoying.

As far as ease of tendons live shards for crafting vs. Farming the Arrowhead. I agree crafting onto a Runearm is much easier.

Think it took me 3 days running Weaponshipment a few times each day to pull it.
I put up an LFM titled "I need Arrowhead you need Bauble" and went to work soloing on Elite taking all those who joined for more chest pulls. Fills up pretty good.

Have had my Bauble for ages and have passed many others over my many lives. I just never seen the hidden value in the arrowhead until recently as I said before the other weak effect overshadow its usefulness.

Saekee
11-22-2014, 01:06 PM
hi Scrabbler, I agree--I have ransacked the chest in Overgrowth on EH anyway a few times and never pulled it (can't get all 3 woads on EE in time).

Other things that seem notoriously weak,
3BC heroic wilderness area stuff = both rare spawn and horrid drops.

Hi Janave, the 3BC heroic wilderness stuff has some amazingly good weapons, in particular the tiefling's blade and the Sky pirate's dagger. only fault with these two weapons is that they really shine in advanced TWF/SWF forms which, by the time such combat styles becomes worthwhile you will have swapped the weapons out for stronger ones (unless a niche build like poisoners).

Caprice, the rune arm craftability is considered a trinket slot, correct? In which case you cannot put tendon slice on it. I think even a flexible can't go there because it is not a weapon slot. Or am I wrong?
Funny that throwers can put anything in the offhand but artificers can only use the runearm. Makes sense, I guess--an Xbow IS a two-handed weapon.

Caprice
11-22-2014, 08:26 PM
Caprice, the rune arm craftability is considered a trinket slot, correct? In which case you cannot put tendon slice on it. I think even a flexible can't go there because it is not a weapon slot. Or am I wrong?
Funny that throwers can put anything in the offhand but artificers can only use the runearm. Makes sense, I guess--an Xbow IS a two-handed weapon.
No, you're completely right and I'm completely wrong. Runearms act as trinkets for crafting. How did I not know this? Ugh, my apologies to everyone but especially Oxarhamar. Tendon Slice isn't craftable as a flexible shard, so that kills the idea. I will edit my prior responses to indicate my mistake.

SealedInSong
11-23-2014, 09:55 PM
eSword of Shadows shard
eThornlord shard
eXuum shard
Ring of Spell Storing base item
eMirage shard, seal
eMidnight Greetings seal
eSouleater

Thornlorn and Mirage in particular aren't even particularly relevant anymore.

Re: desert items being hopelessly outclassed, it's true. Unique effects should be added to them to at least make them niche.

Edit: of course some of these items haven't existed for those full six years, but I'm basically saying I've been looking for them for the entire duration of my playing DDO

Powering them up isn't particularly necessary, in my opinion. Someone used to do epic item reviews, and they did a great job in outlining how to make those items competitive at level.

Edit: Sirgog did these reviews, links below

Menechtarun
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/319931-Epic-Item-Review-Part-3-the-Sands-of-Menechtarun?s

Red Fens
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/322152-Epic-Item-Review-Red-Fens

Sentinels
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/317841-Epic-Item-Review-Part-2-Sentinels-of-

Stormreach
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/317841-Epic-Item-Review-Part-2-Sentinels-of-Stormreach

These reviews were very relevant at the time, and I suggest looking them over if you ever want people to actually run these quests for more than a few items.

noble_pirate
11-24-2014, 07:37 AM

it took 3 ransacks (8 times that bonus opt chest with rerolls) of full party to get 2 ee kamas, so yes

noble_pirate
11-24-2014, 07:49 AM
Two More Questions

- Sharn Syndicate
- Lordsmarch
- Harbinger of Madness
- Druid's Deep
- Reign of Madness
and many others?

totally agreed

mudfud
11-24-2014, 12:42 PM
It's a shame I can run Flesh Makers and get 5 Mythic Minos Legions and can't get 1 single epic belt of thoughtful remembrance.
It's a shame I can run Ghosts of Perdition and get 3 Mythic Muffled Veneer and have no rogueish character, but I can't get a single Epic Cloak of Ice, Epic Ethereal Bracers or Epic Eye of the beholder.
Don't get me started on Inferno of the damned, how I can't get a single Epic Glimpse of the Soul but I have 2 Mythic Seraphim.

To me a lot more quests need rebalancing, then just what was listed. There is absolutely no reason I should have all those Mythic helms and not a different epic item. Sure yeah, luck of the roll, blah blah blah. But Mythics were touted as rare of the rare but they seem more common then other stuff.
And lastly, I'm tired of silly bucklers and small shields on my chain reward, why not give me one of the items I actually want. :p

fmalfeas
11-25-2014, 02:23 PM
Two More Questions

- Sharn Syndicate
- Lordsmarch
- Harbinger of Madness
- Druid's Deep
- Reign of Madness
and many others?

This! OH THIS! I want an updated Fang of Siberys! And an Insanity! And a Beholder Plate! And a Fleshmaker's Docent! BTW - with Barb pass hitting, and Xoriat theme flowing, now is the perfect time to do this for Harbinger and Reign. Why do I mention barbs? Fleshmaker's Brigandine, that's why.

Gurei23
11-26-2014, 05:34 PM
Hey, everyone.

The named items in necro 1-3 seem to be pretty low. I'm not attentive enough to know the exact percentages to for sure know if they merit a drop rate increase, it just definitely seems like they could use a bump.

Thanks!

gwonbush
11-27-2014, 01:09 AM
I actually farmed Overgrowth on Lam to get a feel for the drop rate increase. I got 4 kamas in 6 runs (with max rerolls used, so 24 total chests). This brings it up to about 1/6 chance to pull it.

BOgre
11-27-2014, 02:24 AM
Hey, everyone.

As you may have seen in this weekend's Lamannia release notes, we're planning to make some changes to the drop rates of items in older packs with U24.

As a player who enjoys all the older stuff and still loves finding named gear from those packs, as well as epicifying older gear, this is GREAT news. Thank you very much.

BigErkyKid
12-02-2014, 10:57 AM
The question is: what exactly is going to be bumped that is not completely outdated?

MangLord
12-07-2014, 11:35 PM
It's a shame I can run Flesh Makers and get 5 Mythic Minos Legions and can't get 1 single epic belt of thoughtful remembrance.
It's a shame I can run Ghosts of Perdition and get 3 Mythic Muffled Veneer and have no rogueish character, but I can't get a single Epic Cloak of Ice, Epic Ethereal Bracers or Epic Eye of the beholder.
Don't get me started on Inferno of the damned, how I can't get a single Epic Glimpse of the Soul but I have 2 Mythic Seraphim.

To me a lot more quests need rebalancing, then just what was listed. There is absolutely no reason I should have all those Mythic helms and not a different epic item. Sure yeah, luck of the roll, blah blah blah. But Mythics were touted as rare of the rare but they seem more common then other stuff.
And lastly, I'm tired of silly bucklers and small shields on my chain reward, why not give me one of the items I actually want. :p

Oddly, I have similar and completely different results. It's like the loot table takes whats most likely good for your character and self-adjusts to make that item the hardest one to find. I've gotten more Veneers than all other named items combined, easily, and only one enhancement tree of one class can really benefit from it. I've also gotten two epic Cloaks of Ice, but I'm just not that wild about it. I did get a Glimpse as a chain reward, but it doesn't actually block intercession, so I never use it. I think the belt is mainly just folklore, like a SOS shard.

Chi_Ryu
12-08-2014, 01:54 AM
The question is: what exactly is going to be bumped that is not completely outdated?

What, aside from potentially:
Mysterious Bauble
Ring of Spell Storing
Planar Gird
Pale Green Ioun Stone
Ring of the Ancestors
Royal Guard Mask
all the Haunted Halls loot
Gianthold Tor loot
Luckblade (for twink item with 3 augment slots)

?

mudfud: you have fantastic luck, if sadly misdirected. If I ever run with you I'd exchange every other item I pull in a dozen runs of the whole chain for one of those mythic helms. I have every item, have put numerous spare items up for roll, but have only pulled Mythic Seraphim (and seen only 2 others in the chest)

but it doesn't actually block intercession

It now works with quells (ever since Update 23 patch 1) , but is broken against the intercession you get from attacking that Death Knight in MoD (though that is avoidable since IIRC it is an intercession guard effect)

vryxnr
12-08-2014, 08:56 AM
... For your 20th Epic Raid completion, have a list of shards.

The 20th Epic raid completion for ADQ/ZR is a list of shards, however it is only shards for items that are raid drops only (torc, jerky, maralith chain, green blade, chaosblade, etc)... so for wilderness items, we're still s.o.l.

sudzz
12-08-2014, 11:12 AM
I'm sure this has been mentioned previously but if not then why not? How come we can't just change the recipes in the Epic altar to allow The Item, Shard of DQ, Scroll of DQ and Seal of DQ for the pack? that way we all have to grind for the Item but at least seal, shard and scroll will be interchangeable for the pack. Obviously do the same for the other epic packs with Ebberon Epic items that are not single complete drop items.

So how say you devs? It should allow the treasure tables to slim a bit as less individual seals, shards etc, and a way to allow trade from say ESoS shard to Red Dragon shard?

MadCookieQueen
12-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Anyone had a chance to look for the Drow house Seal rings? I'm curious as to if those rates have picked up....aka...should I plan on 100 runs or 1,213,423,423 runs?

Saekee
12-08-2014, 12:26 PM
eSword of Shadows shard
eThornlord shard
eXuum shard
Ring of Spell Storing base item
eMirage shard, seal
eMidnight Greetings seal
eSouleater

The big difference for a weapon like Epic Midnight Greetings is that the seal drops in a non-raid quest. The Tide Turns is fast and easy, at least on EN and EH. But yeah--horrendous drop rates. I think I have run it hundreds of times and I have one EMG (which is really all that is needed anyway, nice in the offhand in early epic levels). Funny, I have also made eChimera's Crown, eJidz, eWinter's Wrath simply because I was there so much. And I got the ingredients for eElyd Edge.

I actually farmed Overgrowth on Lam to get a feel for the drop rate increase. I got 4 kamas in 6 runs (with max rerolls used, so 24 total chests). This brings it up to about 1/6 chance to pull it.
Wow! I have run that a ton and never pulled one. This is good news!

Saekee
12-08-2014, 12:27 PM
Anyone had a chance to look for the Drow house Seal rings? I'm curious as to if those rates have picked up....aka...should I plan on 100 runs or 1,213,423,423 runs?

I'm curious too--every stealth build dreams of Seal of House Avithoul then wakes up in a sweat, realizing the absence.

TeacherSyn
12-08-2014, 02:53 PM
I would approve of an Epic Collector that will perform an exchange for certain seals, scrolls and shards if you've collected enough them, even from separate adventures.

Any 10 seals = 1 seal from any location
Any 15 scrolls = 1 scroll from any location
Any 3 shards = 1 shard from any location

And on the shards, I'd be more inclined to say a 2 for 1 exchange since they drop so very infrequently.

There should also be a timer on the guy just to slow down the crazy: 1 exchange per 3 days.

At least we'd have a reason to continue searching.

And, as others said, greatly bump up these original "Epic" versions to make them especially usable in U17+ Epic play. Thanks to the devs for the general drop rate change, even if seals, shards and scrolls aren't getting that boost at the moment.

Seikojin
12-08-2014, 02:59 PM
Hey, everyone.

Why the change?

What about Raid items?

Do Ingredients count?

Thanks for the clarification.

Tilomere
12-09-2014, 03:32 AM
Tinkerer's Goggles from House C never drops. Never seen them in 10+ lives.

sudzz
12-09-2014, 03:53 AM
Tinkerer's Goggles from House C never drops. Never seen them in 10+ lives.

Run it on Elite and pound the shadow spider, you will get a set pretty quickly, have lost count how many of those i have dropped for my arty, the cannith boots were much harder to get.

Sir_Chonas
12-11-2014, 11:07 AM
I just wish I could have my 30 hours year back of farming for bloodstone and firestorms lol. I'll get them now though, mark my words!

Bladebolt
12-11-2014, 12:58 PM
I would approve of an Epic Collector that will perform an exchange for certain seals, scrolls and shards if you've collected enough them, even from separate adventures.

Any 10 seals = 1 seal from any location
Any 15 scrolls = 1 scroll from any location
Any 3 shards = 1 shard from any location

And on the shards, I'd be more inclined to say a 2 for 1 exchange since they drop so very infrequently.

There should also be a timer on the guy just to slow down the crazy: 1 exchange per 3 days.

At least we'd have a reason to continue searching.

And, as others said, greatly bump up these original "Epic" versions to make them especially usable in U17+ Epic play. Thanks to the devs for the general drop rate change, even if seals, shards and scrolls aren't getting that boost at the moment.

The shard 2 for 1 is too extreme (Always in my opinion. It should be implied but...).
Even the 3 for 1 is extreme.
I don't even mind if the shard exchange is :

10 shards form location A = 1 shard form location A

I have any possible shard from VON 2-3 ? times. I don't even loot them anymore, I leave them in the chest.
I would really be happy if I could exchange 10 shards of other items for the SOS shard.
If someone has 10 shards it means that he did quite a few runs, didn't get lucky so he has the right after all this effort to claim a good reward

annapolis_ghallanda
12-11-2014, 07:13 PM
~ raid timer bypasses should have a timer themselves

So how much should a raid timer bypass timer bypass cost?

SilkofDrasnia
12-12-2014, 08:57 AM
So how much should a raid timer bypass timer bypass cost?

Methinks you missed the entire point of my post.

Gljosh
12-12-2014, 09:23 AM
Methinks you missed the entire point of my post.

I think he nailed it! Money!!! Would the bypass for the bypass also need a bypass timer? Inception Bypass Timers!!!

Alunjax123
01-08-2015, 04:36 PM
I have been farming spinner of shadows for MONTHS, trying to get the shard of the envenomed blade. on epic hard, I have been spending Astral Shards for 3 re-rolls of the loot, in order to try and get this one shard. I HAVE LOST COUNT of the number of times I have ended up with Luminous truth or Templars retribution stuff, but never the one I am after. If DDO let us know roughly what the drop rate was, we could weigh up if it is even worth trying to get that item. Considering the REAL money I have spent on shards, obsessively trying to get this one item, I am now convinced that there is a program algorithm that detects what you are trying to get as a drop and reduces your drop chance in order to spur the player on to greater spending on Astral Shards and hirelings. to add insult to injury, I did the quest with a friend, where he was doing the spinner of shadows for the first time. guess what drop he got on the first go? yep, the shard of the envenomed blade. I have re-incarnated the same character 4 times, while trying to get this drop. this smacks of malicious interference because the fact that my friend got the item first go is like something from a poorly written fantasy novel. I have been GM'ing book based D&D since 1979 and in 35 years, I have never been so cruel or seen such improbable fate.

mikarddo
01-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Run it on Elite and pound the shadow spider, you will get a set pretty quickly, have lost count how many of those i have dropped for my arty, the cannith boots were much harder to get.

I think you may be mistaken the Googles for the Gloves which are indeed very common. Wrt the Cannith Boots we just made a quick elite run with 3 people - 5 pair of boots dropped. One from the named behind the hidden door and 3 from the end chests.

Powerhungry
01-09-2015, 12:58 AM
I have been farming spinner of shadows for MONTHS, trying to get the shard of the envenomed blade. on epic hard, I have been spending Astral Shards for 3 re-rolls of the loot, in order to try and get this one shard. I HAVE LOST COUNT of the number of times I have ended up with Luminous truth or Templars retribution stuff, but never the one I am after. If DDO let us know roughly what the drop rate was, we could weigh up if it is even worth trying to get that item. Considering the REAL money I have spent on shards, obsessively trying to get this one item, I am now convinced that there is a program algorithm that detects what you are trying to get as a drop and reduces your drop chance in order to spur the player on to greater spending on Astral Shards and hirelings. to add insult to injury, I did the quest with a friend, where he was doing the spinner of shadows for the first time. guess what drop he got on the first go? yep, the shard of the envenomed blade. I have re-incarnated the same character 4 times, while trying to get this drop. this smacks of malicious interference because the fact that my friend got the item first go is like something from a poorly written fantasy novel. I have been GM'ing book based D&D since 1979 and in 35 years, I have never been so cruel or seen such improbable fate.
Did he pass you the shard?

Alunjax123
01-09-2015, 05:43 AM
Did he pass you the shard?

Shards are not transferrable - what a surprise. they are bound to character on acquire, so you can never swap them. I'll probably just tool up with the high priestess blade from "the portal opens" as that also paralyses and poisons. why DDO bother with these EPIC versions of weapons is beyond me. some are so out of date or underpowered compared with later release equipment that they are just not worth going for.

Faltout
01-09-2015, 07:47 AM
Shards are not transferrable - what a surprise. they are bound to character on acquire, so you can never swap them. I'll probably just tool up with the high priestess blade from "the portal opens" as that also paralyses and poisons. why DDO bother with these EPIC versions of weapons is beyond me. some are so out of date or underpowered compared with later release equipment that they are just not worth going for.
Base items are usually bound to account on acquire
Scrolls are unbound
Seals are bound to account on acquire
Shards are bound to account on acquire
Epic items are usually bound to character on acquire

Anything inside a chest, except guild renown, can be transferred to another party member that was inside the adventure when the chest was opened. To do that, click the down arrow to the right of the item you want to transfer and change for whom it is reserved.

BOgre
01-09-2015, 08:32 AM
deleted

Impaqt
01-09-2015, 08:52 AM

Shards are absolutely transferable in the chest, and bound to ACCOUNT.

QuantumFX
01-09-2015, 12:18 PM
Shards are not transferrable - what a surprise.

He meant: “Did your friend reassign the shard to you in the chest?” Based on your answer, obviously not.

Alunjax123
01-09-2015, 04:38 PM
Base items are usually bound to account on acquire
Scrolls are unbound
Seals are bound to account on acquire
Shards are bound to account on acquire
Epic items are usually bound to character on acquire

Anything inside a chest, except guild renown, can be transferred to another party member that was inside the adventure when the chest was opened. To do that, click the down arrow to the right of the item you want to transfer and change for whom it is reserved.

noooooooooooooooo. I could have got the shard? after all this time? I didn't know about transferring. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH. That's it. I quit. thanks for the information, Fallout. that has just made up my mind for me. I QUIT. YOU WIN, DDO.

Basic_Uncaring
01-12-2015, 02:10 AM
I have reason to believe that after last update the quest partycrashers in house phiarlan has stopped dropping seals. After a few EE on my main and many EH (with even more EN on a alt) I couldn't find a single seal anymore. Please verify if u can

QuantumFX
01-12-2015, 09:43 AM
noooooooooooooooo. I could have got the shard? after all this time? I didn't know about transferring. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH. That's it. I quit. thanks for the information, Fallout. that has just made up my mind for me. I QUIT. YOU WIN, DDO.

Just think of it as something you’re going to have a good, long laugh about in the future.

Impaqt
01-12-2015, 11:09 AM
Can anyone say they ave noticed an increase in drop rates? I cannot.

Caprice
01-12-2015, 12:06 PM
I've definitely noticed an increase in the Demon Sands wilderness since I've farmed that both pre- and post-patch. I've also seen the Shard of the Red Dragon drop twice from EE VoN6 out of only 3-5 post-patch runs, and I've seen quite a few of our long time raiders say they've only ever seen drop once or twice at most in the past. More than once I've seen guildmates report walking out of EE extended HH with ~10 named items (across a full group). So at least some places do appear to have drop rate increases.

Chi_Ryu
01-12-2015, 01:43 PM

With the number of Mad Lutes I've pulled on The Weapons Shipment main chest (and resounding lack of Mysterious Bauble, as always), I'd say yes, there is a difference.

I've noticed no difference in Epic VON6 though - still not seen any Epic Helm of the Red Dragon, Shard of SOS or Shard of the Red Dragon drop for any party member (as per the other last 100 runs).

Steelstar
01-12-2015, 01:45 PM
With the number of Mad Lutes I've pulled on The Weapons Shipment main chest (and resounding lack of Mysterious Bauble, as always), I'd say yes, there is a difference.

I've noticed no difference in Epic VON6 though - still not seen any Epic Helm of the Red Dragon, Shard of SOS or Shard of the Red Dragon drop for any party member (as per the other last 100 runs).

Makes sense. From the OP:

What about Raid items?

MadCookieQueen
01-12-2015, 02:39 PM

I have...especially the Seals in Drow City. Right now the G-Land Shard Exchange is "flooded" with Seals of Avithoul and EE Rings of Shadows.

Personally the last 2 times I ran House of Avithoul and House Dun' Robar at least 2 rings have dropped in each matron chest (group of 3 people...so 2 out of 3 people got rings at each stop) .

I've seen 1 ring of shadows drop in EE PoP.

Planar Confluxes are also dropping much more readily.

So somethings have definitely picked up and the impact is felt in the economy...with once rare items now being traded or sold for a fraction of what they once were...I mean honestly Dun'Robar rings for 10 shards or EE Ring of Shadows for under 600. It's getting flooded out there.

Caprice
01-12-2015, 05:00 PM
Makes sense. From the OP:
What about Raid items?
Interesting, I had overlooked that. I guess we just got a crazy outlier on the eVoNs. At least it made a couple folks happy.

Marupal
01-12-2015, 08:47 PM

Yup. Seen quite a bit of named loot since the update.

Finally saw an Animus pop for the first time. Been hunting for that for my arti since rune arms were introduced.

Rings from underdark and even a holy symbol of lolth.

Seals and shards don't seem to be as desperate a hunt in some quests as they used to be. Walked away from a Chronoscope with something like 3 scrolls.

This is on a character that usually can go a week without pulling anything named, irregardless of the difficulty.

legendkilleroll
01-13-2015, 07:32 AM
I have...especially the Seals in Drow City. Right now the G-Land Shard Exchange is "flooded" with Seals of Avithoul and EE Rings of Shadows.

Personally the last 2 times I ran House of Avithoul and House Dun' Robar at least 2 rings have dropped in each matron chest (group of 3 people...so 2 out of 3 people got rings at each stop) .

I've seen 1 ring of shadows drop in EE PoP.

Planar Confluxes are also dropping much more readily.

So somethings have definitely picked up and the impact is felt in the economy...with once rare items now being traded or sold for a fraction of what they once were...I mean honestly Dun'Robar rings for 10 shards or EE Ring of Shadows for under 600. It's getting flooded out there.

Yes I too have saw lots of the rings from sschindylrnn on shard exchange

To be honest, I liked when they was rare, now it seems everyone will have one and the stunning one is still good from lv21 to lv27 when you get the necro boots

Karadon_II
01-13-2015, 09:21 AM

This. I would concur that the drop rate of the Mad Lute has increased to the point where one would just vendor the bloody things now as you get so many while farming for the Bauble. 100 or so runs, more than a dozen since U24 and no Bauble. On my FvS that is, my Wizard got it on 1st go, as did my Ranger (but passed his to the cleric with me).

Have any stats been worked out as to the % increase some things appear to be now?

Aelonwy
01-19-2015, 10:15 AM
Its definitely anecdotal, but I saw a ring of spell storing drop yesterday. It was the first time I had seen one drop in party since 2010.

dunklezhan
01-19-2015, 01:58 PM
Yup. Seen quite a bit of named loot since the update.

Finally saw an Animus pop for the first time. Been hunting for that for my arti since rune arms were introduced.

Rofl I've pulled about three of these running DA on EN over the course of two weeks, on 2 characters every other day on each character, so that's what, 14 runs total. Did they used to be rare? Only just discovered the Devil Assault token grind this last life so I had no idea...

Marupal
01-19-2015, 07:26 PM
Rofl I've pulled about three of these running DA on EN over the course of two weeks, on 2 characters every other day on each character, so that's what, 14 runs total. Did they used to be rare? Only just discovered the Devil Assault token grind this last life so I had no idea...

Grats on the pulls! :)

I've no idea how rare they used to be, but literally the only one I had ever seen before U24 was handed out by KookieKobold. Less than a hundred runs? Not likely. Any guess on how many times I've run DA would be probably be wrong. I've run it enough to get enough mats to make a couple pairs of boots of anchoring (with parts left over). Also acquired enough shards and ingredients to fund my first GS items. Just had to run Shroud to build them.