PDA

View Full Version : Update 24 is now available for preview on Lamannia!

Cordovan
11-14-2014, 04:43 PM
Lamannia has reopened, and is now available for our first preview of Update 24!

The new Xoriat quest-givers can be found in the Enclave of The Twelve. For the new Tyranny of Dragons quest, you can find the NPC Hamish Graymoor across the bridge in Eveningstar, not far from the entrance to The Storm Horns.

You can find Glamered Weapon Auras in the DDO Store.

We did conduct a character wipe, so click here to use the Character Copy tool (https://transfers.ddo.com/en/character-transfers) to bring your live characters to Lamannia, or quick-create a character and auto-level the character up in the Test Dojo!

Cordovan
11-14-2014, 04:45 PM
Release Notes (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/438926-Lamannia-Release-Notes-(Last-Updated-11-14-14)) are now available. Please remember that Lamannia Release Notes are not yet complete, and are subject to change.

Seljuck
11-14-2014, 04:47 PM
Looks like it's still closed for me :(

Cordovan
11-14-2014, 04:49 PM
Looks like it's still closed for me :(

Sorry, jumped the gun a bit. Give it a little more time.

Munkenmo
11-14-2014, 04:49 PM
Character Transfers are currently disabled. :(

Jappy
11-14-2014, 04:58 PM
so what time central time will lamma come up??????????

Augon
11-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Just came up for me

Systern
11-14-2014, 05:03 PM
Lamannia has reopened, and is now available for our first preview of Update 24!

The new Xoriat quest-givers can be found in the Enclave of The Twelve. For the new Tyranny of Dragons quest, you can find the NPC Hamish Graymoor across the bridge in Eveningstar, not far from the entrance to The Storm Horns.

You can find Glamered Weapon Auras in the DDO Store.

We did conduct a character wipe, so click here to use the Character Copy tool (https://transfers.ddo.com/en/character-transfers) to bring your live characters to Lamannia, or quick-create a character and auto-level the character up in the Test Dojo!

Character Copy tool isn't finding any character on any server for me.
Signed in. Using HTTPS (http forwards to https). Browser is Chrome.

edit: doesn't work in IE11 either.

Edit 2:
Move Your Character
Character Transfers are currently disabled. <--- is this the problem?
http://i.imgur.com/Yrj6Hir.png

KookieKobold
11-14-2014, 05:04 PM
Just poked the hamsters! It should be all set to log in!

ALSO, At 7pm EDT (GMT-4) until 9pm EDT (GMT-4) tonight, I'll be online for a bit of a dev event!

In addition, tomorrow from 11am to 1pm EDT (GMT-4) i'll be around as well.

See you all online!

Livmo
11-14-2014, 05:10 PM
Awesome Release Notes!!!

I like all of it.

I hope it all makes it to Live.

Woot woot!

Sgtoxlord
11-14-2014, 05:15 PM
theres no door to test dojo!

Augon
11-14-2014, 05:20 PM
theres no door to test dojo!

yep, that's what I was coming back here to say. also, Will we need to rebogt once the dojo door is turned on?

Sgtoxlord
11-14-2014, 05:25 PM
cordavan plz fix the door plz!

Sgtoxlord
11-14-2014, 05:26 PM
cordovan* srry

thomascoolone64
11-14-2014, 05:52 PM
Any Special Developer Events we should be aware of?

Vanhooger
11-14-2014, 06:49 PM
The char copy tool isnt working. No point to try to get in Lammania

Cordovan
11-14-2014, 06:51 PM
The Character Copy tool is most likely experiencing issues due to the wider live game world issues we are experiencing. Until those issues are resolved, it is unlikely that the Character Copy tool will be working correctly.

LuKaSu
11-14-2014, 07:54 PM
Ok, 24 is almost here. I guess I have a week to crunch any leftover cards I have...

Qhualor
11-14-2014, 08:17 PM
/crosses fingers

still downloading Lam and not seeing any 202 error complaints. i may or may not be back.

Oliphant
11-14-2014, 08:27 PM
Just read the notes and saw many smart changes! You folks are incredibly responsive to players' input and just generally awesome!

TheTrader
11-14-2014, 08:57 PM
Release notes list that harper tree will be available for 310 favor but there is only 294 favor available how is that going to work!

The_Human_Cypher
11-14-2014, 09:58 PM
Just finished all four new quests on Lamannia. I think everyone will have fun with this new content.

Qhualor
11-14-2014, 10:22 PM
woot! no error.

however, only my fighter is copied over.

Cordovan
11-14-2014, 10:29 PM
Release notes list that harper tree will be available for 310 favor but there is only 294 favor available how is that going to work!

The new Tyranny of Dragons quest is your Harper-Favor-earning friend.

thegreatfox
11-14-2014, 11:28 PM
Storm's Eye still deals damage over time T_T

Texlaw1992
11-15-2014, 01:06 AM
I can enter and leave the test dojo, but otherwise cannot leave the marketplace. Every attempt to leave to get into the Harbor, the bank, etc. just results in a loading screen which never loads. Anyone else having this problem?

HAL
11-15-2014, 01:10 AM
When I select a character and click Enter I am stuck in the loading screen. I have used Task Manager to end the game twice now with the same result.

XxJFGxX
11-15-2014, 01:16 AM
When I select a character and click Enter I am stuck in the loading screen. I have used Task Manager to end the game twice now with the same result.

I can't even get to the character screen whatsoever, I get to the "cleaning old connection", "loading character data". I've closed DDO Client quite a few times with the same thing happening.

Captain_Pengie
11-15-2014, 02:10 AM
I can't even get to the character screen whatsoever, I get to the "cleaning old connection", "loading character data". I've closed DDO Client quite a few times with the same thing happening.

Ditto to all of these login/zone type issues.

- created an iconic and cannot get out of the starter pub, stuck on loading screen
- created a normal and cannot get out of the marketplace
- tried to logout and couldn't, Crashed machine, rebooted and now stuck on 'cleaning up old connection'

Cannot copy characters from live and cannot create new ones that don't get stuck - not much testing going to happen this weekend.

There are more than a few hairballs still stuck in the server hamsters throats - pat them on the back again please and let us know what they cough up.

PS: really annoyed with the change to the Anniversary Cards. Why make them only usable during the collection event? This makes no sense and is not needed given everything works just fine already. You are forcing us to plan well ahead for what we 'might' need at sometime in the future and then chew up storage space hanging onto these items based on a projected potential future need. The current method of just having the one bag holding all the cards and only making the items as they are needed is so much better. Granted some of the items are pretty useless so don't matter, but between stat/skill tomes, xp pots, slayer pots and raid timers there is enough you may want that a lot of space will be lost creating stuff just 'in case'. Seems like a money grab to make us buy more storage - certainly not a player friendly change.

Jappy
11-15-2014, 07:18 AM
I vsnt get on to lammina because it stops at clearing up old connection now I sad

The_Human_Cypher
11-15-2014, 10:03 AM
I can't log into Lamannia either. The connection is stuck at the loading screen.

Jappy
11-15-2014, 10:07 AM
now we cant destroy cant sell or log out plz fix it?

KookieKobold
11-15-2014, 10:13 AM
Heya folks!

Due to the increasingly unstable nature of Lamannia right now, i'm going to go ahead and call off the second event of this weekend. Once we can sort out whatever is going on, we'll have a couple events between now and the next build.

Sorry for the sudden and short notice of this!

Livmo
11-15-2014, 10:15 AM
The new Tyranny of Dragons quest is your Harper-Favor-earning friend.

Hooray!

TY!

Jappy
11-15-2014, 10:20 AM
now im getting the cleaning up old connection

Jappy
11-15-2014, 11:02 AM
Now I just cnat log in can you make the server compasaty greater plz

Augon
11-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Heya folks!

Due to the increasingly unstable nature of Lamannia right now, i'm going to go ahead and call off the second event of this weekend. Once we can sort out whatever is going on, we'll have a couple events between now and the next build.

Sorry for the sudden and short notice of this!

Makes sense to me, Kookie. IT is frustrating right now. Good luck in getting it figured out. Might need to give the hamsters some red bull to make em run faster.

Would you be so kind to post on this thread when it stabilizes so we can know when its good to log back in?

Jappy
11-15-2014, 12:58 PM
i cant load into lamina

Augon
11-15-2014, 01:56 PM
i cant load into lamina

Lam is unstable and flaky right now. sometimes I cant log in and sometimes when am logged in I cant move from one area to another. Its happening to most folks if not everyone I assume. The Devs are working on it. And im sure they will get it fixed as quickly as possible. Live servers seem to be working fine, so I just moved over there until Lam is working again.

Personally im still thinikin Red Bull in the hamster bottles is THE answer!

J1NG
11-15-2014, 01:59 PM
I've had issues where characters copied over could not be loaded into, but new characters can be loaded fine.

Primary toon was originally located in House P initial Necro area and can't be loaded into.

An Iconic also had the same issue, she was located in Gianthold, but was able to teleport herself to the Eberron Hall of Heroes which allowed her to load in properly.

Can the Devs add the Teleport option into the Lamannia Store so we can buy it and allow transportation for everyone who is stuck this way? As I am unable to locate this feature in the DDO store of Lamannia, which could probably solve a few load in issues for those who get to the character loading screen at least.

J1NG

poltt48
11-15-2014, 03:23 PM
taking forever to log on but seems like that is DDO altogether this weekend.

iceblader50
11-15-2014, 03:26 PM
instead of the usual wraps hatred, you might think about making hand wraps having the thunder-forged aura like other weapons then maybe transferring that via MoG. also i'd love for you to change drop rate for the "Cursed blade of Jack Jibber's"... lol cause I've ran two toed ( a legend revisited ) 80+ times over past few months... and no dice, its rather frustrating especially as its BtC if i recall correctly anyway. i would still also like my knight of the chalice melee/ranged power, and kensai haste boost to not share a timer D: and i rather enjoy the new 3bc teleport helps me farm for jacks blade better, or at least thats the plan. the Blitz starting with more charges was a + it is rather hard to build up sometimes, even if it is a 10% chance, ialways use haste boost, to try building up charges even if i go the entire duration, it would still sometimes drop, also is the 50% dodge not going past cap WAI? also, feel like making healing amp, and offhand part of the UI ( like doublestrike? ) its easy to calculate oyur offhand but you have doublestrike might as well have offhand :P

thomascoolone64
11-15-2014, 08:01 PM
instead of the usual wraps hatred, you might think about making hand wraps having the thunder-forged aura like other weapons then maybe transferring that via MoG. also i'd love for you to change drop rate for the "Cursed blade of Jack Jibber's"... lol cause I've ran two toed ( a legend revisited ) 80+ times over past few months... and no dice, its rather frustrating especially as its BtC if i recall correctly anyway. i would still also like my knight of the chalice melee/ranged power, and kensai haste boost to not share a timer D: and i rather enjoy the new 3bc teleport helps me farm for jacks blade better, or at least thats the plan. the Blitz starting with more charges was a + it is rather hard to build up sometimes, even if it is a 10% chance, ialways use haste boost, to try building up charges even if i go the entire duration, it would still sometimes drop, also is the 50% dodge not going past cap WAI? also, feel like making healing amp, and offhand part of the UI ( like doublestrike? ) its easy to calculate oyur offhand but you have doublestrike might as well have offhand :P

When will Lammainia be playable again?

Seikojin
11-15-2014, 09:49 PM
When I could check out barbs, it seems like they are stepping up to the plate. I can reliably get around on lamannia right now, so I will wait until it is fixed. I suggest restarting its server and see if that helps like it did with the live servers yesterday.

Kaytis
11-15-2014, 11:16 PM
I'll just add that my friends and I can't form parties any more. It keeps saying that we are teleporting. When we log out in the dojo, we can no longer log in with that account. Whenever anyone does log off, they are forever left in the Who panel as though they are logged in, and the "logged out" message in guild chat doesn't appear for at least 15 minutes after they log out.

There should be some clues there to help debug.

silisav
11-16-2014, 03:12 AM
Same here. Logged in yesterday without any problem. Created a barb and then I pulled some items from the dojo to equip him. I couldn't sell them or destroy them however and my inv was cluttered. I thought I could restart the client and make it work. Since then I am stuck at the same screen.

I hope you take your time and fix it!

Jappy
11-16-2014, 12:07 PM
luckys I cant even log on

Hilltrot
11-16-2014, 12:40 PM
Will High spirits get fixed with this update?

Demon997
11-16-2014, 07:08 PM
How come when i try to log in it starts to load then just keeps saying Loading Character Data then it shuts down??

wmdearmond
11-17-2014, 10:23 AM
How come when i try to log in it starts to load then just keeps saying Loading Character Data then it shuts down??

I am having the same problem

stoopid_cowboy
11-17-2014, 12:03 PM
When will Lammainia be playable again?

Wondering this myself.
Any dev comments on the subject?

depositbox
11-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Wondering this myself.
Any dev comments on the subject?

Same. Been hoping for a response and ability to get on Lama.

Brattyone
11-17-2014, 12:58 PM
I copied a character over and went to do the new level 29 quest out in eveningstar, which btw felt more like a heroic level quest when I did it on EH. Also, my character (8/6/6 rog/monk/ranger) has a high spot and never did spot the traps after they became active. I also searched and couldn't find boxes. So, that might need some work. As soon as I finished that quest and was back standing next to the quest giver, my client crashed. I decided to go do other things. Later when I logged back on, my client kept crashing. It wasn't until I logged into the Eberron Hall of Heroes that my client stopped crashing on me. Then, last night, I was with a group who wanted to do that quest. We tried a variety of different ways to get everyone in group but couldn't do it. People kept getting the error message about not being able to join groups while someone's teleporting, when no one was. Another problem I found, which I believe has been brought up) is that I couldn't sell anything in my inventory and I couldn't destroy anything in there either. Since my toon, which is purely ranged and uses conjured arrows, needs at least one space where the conjured arrows can go before equipping them, I couldn't manage to play her. Please fix these issues for the next patch!

JGHN
11-17-2014, 01:56 PM
Me also still getting stuck on the character loading screen.

Seikojin
11-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Players, I strongly urger you to tell everyone to log off lamannia for a while so all the instances clear out, releasing the bugged out memory that is causing all these problems.

GeoffWatson
11-18-2014, 05:55 AM
Release Notes (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/438926-Lamannia-Release-Notes-(Last-Updated-11-14-14)) are now available. Please remember that Lamannia Release Notes are not yet complete, and are subject to change.

The release notes say that "many" sources of Healing Amp have been doubled. Which ones haven't?

Geoff.

KookieKobold
11-18-2014, 09:17 AM
Lamannia should be back online now.

I'll be keeping an eye on it for more performance problems.

sudzz
11-18-2014, 09:23 AM

Sorry Kookie, it doesn't seem to be up yet :-)

R1ncewind
11-18-2014, 09:32 AM

Still Close =(

KookieKobold
11-18-2014, 10:00 AM
Hmm. Checking into it!

sudzz
11-18-2014, 10:08 AM
Hmm. Checking into it!

It just kicked into life :-)

R1ncewind
11-18-2014, 10:08 AM
Hmm. Checking into it!

Is there any changes in this build Kookie?

KookieKobold
11-18-2014, 10:10 AM
Lamannia should be back online (for real this time)

KookieKobold
11-18-2014, 10:11 AM
Is there any changes in this build Kookie?

Nope, it's the same build, it should just have less performance issues.

Seikojin
11-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Lamannia should be back online (for real this time)

You monsters! I am at work and you do this?! LOL Thanks again! I hope I can zone this time! :)

Seikojin
11-18-2014, 10:31 AM
The release notes say that "many" sources of Healing Amp have been doubled. Which ones haven't?

Geoff.

I think that is a blanket statement to cover their rears. Make bugs for ones that don't have a doubled effect. I will say it is nice to see. Store pots from cards, which I have a few hundred (pots) of, were healing for 230 instead of 130 on my not super specced out for healing amp outside of enhancements barb. I think that is a good boost for them. Means cure serious will hit for 50-60 each, and you can alternate between those and other consumables to mitigate a lot of pain, but would still need a caster for efficient runs.

Or you need to kite melee, swapping between pots and scrolls to stay on top of damage.

Seikojin
11-18-2014, 03:34 PM
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/451741-Lammania-server#post5477649

Latest word is Lam is down? :(

GeoffWatson
11-19-2014, 07:56 AM
I think that is a blanket statement to cover their rears. Make bugs for ones that don't have a doubled effect.

Yeah, that's probably it.

I have a couple of old Dodge items that weren't doubled, and was just told to bug report it, to no avail.

Geoff.

shawnvw
12-25-2014, 03:04 PM
Maybe its' been down for weeks, but I just noticed today....

Augon
12-27-2014, 06:59 PM
Maybe its' been down for weeks, but I just noticed today....

Its been down since U24 went live. I assume it will be down until they are ready to put U25 up on Lam.

HawkFest
02-04-2015, 05:40 PM
I've never used that tool... When a character is moved from let's say Cannith server, is it a copy or an actual "move"? If it's a move, is it possible to move that character back to its origin server from Lamannia? How can I log on Lamannia (it's not available in the server list)?

thomascoolone64
02-04-2015, 11:42 PM
I've never used that tool... When a character is moved from let's say Cannith server, is it a copy or an actual "move"? If it's a move, is it possible to move that character back to its origin server from Lamannia? How can I log on Lamannia (it's not available in the server list)?

You have to download another Client. And Secondly, Update 24 is live now. You are WAY Late, my friend. And no, a Copy is just a "Photo Copy" of your current live toon, If you change it on lammania it WILL NOT be changed on live, You can do Whatever you want to your toon on lammania, it WONT effect live server Whatsoever.

Jetsu
02-24-2015, 03:33 PM
I tried to download the Lam server client from the link in Lam forums yet, it downloaded and installed a normal copy of the regular game client. A waste of an hour+ to download and install to get the game I already have on my PC. Did I do something wrong or was the link provided on the forums broke or something?

Krelar
02-24-2015, 04:07 PM
I tried to download the Lam server client from the link in Lam forums yet, it downloaded and installed a normal copy of the regular game client. A waste of an hour+ to download and install to get the game I already have on my PC. Did I do something wrong or was the link provided on the forums broke or something?

The Lamannia client looks identical to the regular client. When you try to log in the only server available will be Lamannia though. (Note that Lamannia is not currently up and running)

Vellrad
02-24-2015, 04:51 PM
update previev threads should be closed 3-7 days after update hits live