PDA

View Full Version : Log in and In-Game Performance Issues: November 14th

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cordovan
11-14-2014, 04:33 PM
FINAL UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you back in the game. #DDO

UPDATED: We have progressed in our efforts to resolve tonight's issues. All DDO worlds remain unavailable. We'll keep you updated.

EARLIER UPDATE: All DDO game worlds remain unavailable while we continue to investigate log in and in-game performance issues. We will keep you updated.

EARLIER UPDATE: We are continuing to investigate log in and in-game performance issues across our worlds. We will keep you updated.

EARLIER UPDATE: Orien has re-opened. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

We are currently investigating log in issues and decreased performance in-game. We will keep you updated.

mkmcgw17
11-14-2014, 04:43 PM
We are currently investigating log in issues and decreased performance in-game. We will keep you updated.

Thanks Cordovan. I'm sure your all scrambling and doing the best u can given the situation. Good job.

Bob_of_QF
11-14-2014, 05:07 PM
My log in client cannot even find the servers -- as if they are not on the internet at all.

LargoKeyWest
11-14-2014, 05:44 PM
You need to stop unplugging stuff just to plug in your cell phone charger.. its disrupting my day off gaming :(

kanordog
11-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Thanks!

bluedragonfarie
11-14-2014, 05:55 PM
Oh please hurry It's my happy place!!!!!

PermaBanned
11-14-2014, 05:58 PM

I followed the link provided in a closed thread on the General Forum front page that was supposed to lead to the "latest info..."

The issue's been going on all day long... Silly me, I thought there would actually be some.

Singular
11-14-2014, 06:04 PM
but I was able to log in as normal - then had performance issues, thought it was my machine and re-logged. The second time I'm getting exceptionally low connection speeds - 0.1 kb/s or so.

Aelonwy
11-14-2014, 06:06 PM
It is getting pretty bad. Used the portal from eveningstar cavern, took forever to load me on ship, went to cargo hold, i repaired and suddenly it had loaded me back on deck of ship so I go back in to finish selling and rebuff and unfortunately ran into the bug where the cargo hold is empty so I had to exit ship and get back onto ship for cargo hold to repop going through all those loading screens and the delays - AGAIN.

Reverand
11-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Not that anyone needs to hear it from another person, but why not. Maybe they will see there is a problem if enough players post.

I've been freezing up, lagging and having bank issues all day. It got to be unplayable. I decided it would be best to do something else for a few hours.

I've come back, 4 hours later, problems are still going on. Worse even as Now I cant even change screens with out a being frozen.

Sigh.

Cordovan
11-14-2014, 06:12 PM
We are continuing to investigate. It looks like we are getting nearer to opening Orien, and are continuing to look into the root cause of wider in-game performance issues. While we have made significant progress in resolving the wider performance issues, some work remains.

cherokee83pride
11-14-2014, 06:12 PM

Wonder if all this performance issues and Server Down has anything to do with those Hack Attacks by DDoS Ive been reading about, that has been flooding WoW and shutting them down since last night??

Enderoc
11-14-2014, 06:15 PM
Okay let me tell you of some experiences after midnight last night. I went to pick up Mirra's sleepless nights in Jorasco last night and it asked if I wanted to repreat the quest "Kobold Assault". I thought that was unusual. Anyway as I later quit the game I hung up on the quitting it. I had to Cntrl Alt Delete to get where I could turn off my computer. I don't know if that information would help but it might clue someone in on something even if it is only timeframe of when there started to be problems.

phillymiket
11-14-2014, 06:17 PM
Was in the middle of a raid.

Then there is a loading screen.

And I find myself on my airship.

:-/

Cordovan
11-14-2014, 06:20 PM
Orien has re-opened. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

japheth-0401
11-14-2014, 06:24 PM
I've been away fro quite a few years. Returning after having left shortly after Menechtarun launched. I know back then whenever lamania was up the rest of teh servers ran horribly. Nothing but issues during those time frames. It seems this is still the case.

Celebras
11-14-2014, 06:25 PM
Hope thats not all...
Am trying to logg onto other Servers, Ghal, Sarl, Argo... None of them i can get pass the Searching for logon. Orien is the only1 i can get on...

happybaby
11-14-2014, 06:27 PM
+1 to Connection Issues
Connection Successful!
Validating Credentials....
Logging in, please wait....
Searching for logon server ... (Attempt 1 of 20)

and it hangs....

Aelonwy
11-14-2014, 06:29 PM
?What the Heck I was off the guildship, ran through harbor to cavern entrance, heading back to Eveningstar(don't have my key yet on that character) and had clicked on it, it displayed the demon web style loading screen, dc-ed and for some reason when I got to the desktop the game was hanging on to a screen of my character still on the deck of my guildship. It only lasted a moment but that's really weird.

Also now I can't log back in to finish my quest series because it keeps giving me the message Searching for logon server... (Attempt 1 of 20) FOREVER.

Thelanis BTW

Cordovan
We are continuing to investigate log in and in-game performance issues across our worlds. We will keep you updated.

Jesus0999
this is really messing my friday nite raid nite

Daniel-A
11-14-2014, 06:30 PM
I'm stuck at the same spot attempting to connect 1 or 20, truly sad when you spend like $2000 on a game in a year < not including the cost of vip > and you cant even play. what a waste my money is going to

TheTrader
11-14-2014, 06:32 PM
Just fyi we cant use ah wont load pages or takes a really long time you cant log out it does the animation then nothing not having any problems with load screens telporting can be slow forgot to mention the slow load and really slow movement of items in or out of bank

Update: all of a sudden the ah started responding to my request and then i am logged out now cant log back in stuck on please wait! LOL

Arlandan
I'm having issues logging into Khyber as well.

DaggomaticDwarf
Totally stuck at "Looking for Servers" message . Sad Dwarf here

Celebras
11-14-2014, 06:33 PM
+1 to Connection Issues
Connection Successful!
Validating Credentials....
Logging in, please wait....
Searching for logon server ... (Attempt 1 of 20)

and it hangs....

Wohoooooo Im passed that Point, right now im hanging on Validating Credentials,Logging in, Please wait...
and wait....
and wait....
and wait....

axamana
11-14-2014, 06:39 PM
It's getting hung up on "loading new game data". It flies through the 1st couple steps and when it gets to "loading the new game data" it shows a 0.01 kb/s which will sometimes max out at 0.03 kb/s

kemetka
11-14-2014, 06:42 PM
able to login, get to character screen upon trying to login to character get stuck on 'loading... please wait' that times out and i get shunted back to character screen with popup 'an error has occured'. We had an issue at work a couple weeks ago where any new connections trying to connect to the server were failing while active connections remained open and working, hope you guys dont have the same issue it was a massive PITA to troubleshoot let alone fix :(

MataHari
11-14-2014, 06:43 PM
Sigh. What is this now? The third "login and performance issues" thread we've had in just over two weeks? You guys need to fire your whole QA team and start from scratch.

Knobull
11-14-2014, 06:48 PM
My bet is that the servers are running on virtual machines (VMs) and this is the root cause of many problems. I suspect the servers were moved to VMs around 2012 (wild guess).

Maybe you still have the old hardware lying around?

1cebeast
11-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Honestly, did my wife have something to do with this??

kemetka
11-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Aww I remember this message :(
http://i.snag.gy/3RRrZ.jpg
Hope yal can resolve it as fast as you did last time
I'll see me back in the game!!

AdamSmith
11-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Very disappointing and sad game is not running smoothly on a weekend.

Sublimemind
11-14-2014, 06:55 PM
Honestly, did my wife have something to do with this??

Does your wife know how to do DDOS attacks ?

kemetka
11-14-2014, 06:57 PM
I think you mean incompetent, which just shows no matter how hard you try, sometimes you make a mistake... In this case, I would suggest there might be an issue with hardware. Have you ever had a car break down on the road? Must be the engineer's fault. Ever had an appliance stop working? Pen run out of ink? I don't think you should be blaming the programmers for what could be a hardware failure.

Now, take a deep breath, have a beer and take it easy, bro...

could be an issue with datacenter, bandwidth / internet provider or reseller, know a month or 2 level 3 had a major issue with their atlanta hub and anything piping through that was getting more or less dropped. theres a number of things that it could be but i highly doubt its something in the ACTUAL game code thats preventing people from connecting, espeically since it has been stated to be affecting all game worlds.

neverwinter just came back with enhanced edition, imma go do that and check back everyonce in a while.
I'll see me back in the game!!

Loromir
11-14-2014, 06:59 PM
Looks like a busy night for you Cordovan....I hope your getting paid overtime.

Tyrande
11-14-2014, 06:59 PM
We are continuing to investigate log in and in-game performance issues across our worlds. We will keep you updated.

Thank you Jerry. Sorry to keep you working Friday night. I hope this is a data point for your investigation: I am stuck, or rather my character is stuck at the "Rift in between worlds" on Sarlona.

I am experiencing what others are experiencing here.
Perhaps, its time to feed the hamsters?

EDIT: Hallelujah, it must be a miracle. Shadowstryke recovered from the void unhamred after I posted this message.

AdamSmith
11-14-2014, 07:02 PM
orien works
sarlona doesn't
wayfinder works
haven't checked the other servers yet

theinsaneeraser
11-14-2014, 07:03 PM
I am unable to get on Sarlona either.

heinny1
11-14-2014, 07:03 PM
finally got in on thelanis but cant retrieve auction earings from mail, just thought I would add that Cordovan..

Cordovan
11-14-2014, 07:05 PM
Just to be clear: there will be periodic issues throughout all of our game worlds until we resolve an issue that we believe is originating in one of our storage arrays. We will keep you updated.

DaggomaticDwarf
11-14-2014, 07:05 PM
So far so good :) thx Jerry and crew :)

japheth-0401
11-14-2014, 07:06 PM
Finally got into Sarlona with my wife kids and friend! Patience is a virtue. Lesson learned never quit game to go eat supper. ;)

CS_Alkaid
11-14-2014, 07:12 PM
Lesson learned never quit game to go eat supper. ;)

Or bring your supper to your computer. Multitasking!

theinsaneeraser
11-14-2014, 07:13 PM
Sarlona is working, thank you so very much guys ^^ I love this game!

TFPAQ
11-14-2014, 07:15 PM
LATEST UPDATE: We are continuing to investigate log in and in-game performance issues across our worlds. We will keep you updated.

EARLIER UPDATE: Orien has re-opened. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

This is kind of silly for a game that has been around for 8 years ...

Thar
11-14-2014, 07:23 PM
This is kind of silly for a game that has been around for 8 years ...

The chipmunks powering the TRS 80 get tired running on the wheel after 8 years.

DaggomaticDwarf
11-14-2014, 07:23 PM
Running through Kings forest and am hitting invisible walls where the path normally is.

DaggomaticDwarf
11-14-2014, 07:27 PM
It appears as if the server is still loading the environment as I run by. Ran passed a spot and turned around and now there was a bear , just popped out of no where.

Aliss7
11-14-2014, 07:30 PM
can't get to my guild ship, shared bank isn't showing up

rohmer
11-14-2014, 07:31 PM
It appears as if the server is still loading the environment as I run by. Ran passed a spot and turned around and now there was a bear , just popped out of no where.

That's ManBearPig

DaggomaticDwarf
11-14-2014, 07:34 PM
That's ManBearPig

He is now a Dead ManBearPig sry.

And I too cannot access my ship

Albinosaurus
11-14-2014, 07:36 PM
I get that s*** happens, but can we get an ETA on when this will be playable again?

Aishana
11-14-2014, 07:37 PM
Well, after an initial five-minute loading screen, game seemed to be running fine for me (Khyber)... But now my character is stuck in a loading screen trying to get into the Phoenix Tavern. And I know if I log off, I'll likely get the "Your character is still being saved" nonsense I got a few months ago. So I guess I'll just sit here and hope it pulls through. :(

rohmer
11-14-2014, 07:38 PM
He is now a Dead ManBearPig sry.

And I too cannot access my ship

Maybe it was pedobear, they sometimes steal guildships too

DaggomaticDwarf
11-14-2014, 07:41 PM
He didn't take me ship, was able to board, But he took me crew !

rohmer
11-14-2014, 07:43 PM
He didn't take me ship, was able to board, But he took me crew !

Yeah, that's pedobear. Likely took your ship for a bit, dressed it up as an ice cream ship and killed your crew to get rid of witnesses. Seen it many times, first its guild ship theft, then its making warforged, its a slipper y slope.

lizrex
11-14-2014, 07:59 PM
Was finally able to log back in but i'm in party with someone who crashed with me, they are greyed out yet I cannot leave the party, remove them or convert to raid. I logged off and onto another toon thinking that would pop me out of that ghost party but when I logged back in on original toon am still in the party with the logged off guy.

DaggomaticDwarf
11-14-2014, 08:00 PM
Am I the only one experiencing the invisible walls?? Took forever to get to the Graveyard in Kings Forest, ran into a few more "Walls" and now Im in and there are walls in quest :(

drwho1985
11-14-2014, 08:01 PM
Argo and Cannith down now. Got a 10 second warning then le boot.

Cordovan
11-14-2014, 08:05 PM
We will be restarting the DDO game worlds shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will see you back in the game soon. Also, sorry for the last-minute notice.

Celebras
11-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Middle of E Tor and tons of giants around, then u get the message: plz log out, worlds shut down in 30 secs... Gosh, cant they see im trolling giants???

TheTrader
11-14-2014, 08:07 PM
Whenever i try to detach it says failed to detach check to see if inventory is full or item is exclusive however i just tred earlier into iconic and neither is the case

Hathorian
11-14-2014, 08:11 PM
30 seconds notice? come on guys!! ***?

Platinum_Carter
Please fix The Mailing and Auction House because when it tried to mail something to my other toon it would not work.IT was not bound to Character or anything.Also,someone sent me platinum points tried to detach it hundreds of time and couldnt i still had space in my Currency Holder because i only had 100k and was lvl 19.Another thing When i tried to search up something on AH it Wouldnt search and instead just did nothing.Fix these also please and i will be happy.

Loromir
Khyber, Sarlona, Thelanis, Wayfinder are back up

adrian69
11-14-2014, 08:12 PM
Hey team,

I've been on since 08:30 est. Everything seemed fine until around noon est. I noticed some quirky lag things, but nothing unusually big (running in place, etc). Around 1:00 est I lost connection from a lag spike while running LoD chain part 4 Beyond the Rift. Relogging, it could not find the servers at first for three attempts. Finally, it did. Then it had extremely low connection speed--0.01 kbs to 0.09 kbs. Even at those speeds the game will upload after 3-4 minutes give or take.

So my weirdest lag event happened around 6:00-6:15 est. I tried to go the airship from House D, but after about 3 mins it still wouldn't let me on. I lacked 500xp from level and ran all the way down to the Harbor to zerg through a quick quest for my level 7. When I entered into Bonebite Hideout it put me on the airship. So, that was about 5 minutes after trying to get on the airship after waiting 3 minutes to see if it'd let me on. I don't understand how I can lag behind 8 minutes like that, but still be in real time in forums and I did go into Bonebite hideout 2 mins later.

Hope you all solve this issue soon. It's annoying.

AdamSmith
11-14-2014, 08:13 PM
Khyber, Sarlona, Thelanis, Wayfinder are back up

Thelanis and Khyber seem unresponsive to me.

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 08:13 PM
Whenever i try to detach it says failed to detach check to see if inventory is full or item is exclusive however i just tred earlier into iconic and neither is the case Had the same problem cant take out currency from mail and cant send things to my other toon and AH is not workign right.

Loromir
11-14-2014, 08:14 PM
....Hope you all solve this issue soon. It's annoying.

I assume that is the purpose of the restart.

adrian69
11-14-2014, 08:15 PM
Please fix The Mailing and Auction House because when it tried to mail something to my other toon it would not work.IT was not bound to Character or anything.Also,someone sent me platinum points tried to detach it hundreds of time and couldnt i still had space in my Currency Holder because i only had 100k and was lvl 19.Another thing When i tried to search up something on AH it Wouldnt search and instead just did nothing.Fix these also please and i will be happy.

AHs, Banks, and Mailboxes are now bugged in Public Areas as of 5 minutes ago. I should have put that in my post cause it's what led me here. I did get the ship bank to open briefly.

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 08:15 PM
Hey team,

I've been on since 08:30 est. Everything seemed fine until around noon est. I noticed some quirky lag things, but nothing unusually big (running in place, etc). Around 1:00 est I lost connection from a lag spike while running LoD chain part 4 Beyond the Rift. Relogging, it could not find the servers at first for three attempts. Finally, it did. Then it had extremely low connection speed--0.01 kbs to 0.09 kbs. Even at those speeds the game will upload after 3-4 minutes give or take.

So my weirdest lag event happened around 6:00-6:15 est. I tried to go the airship from House D, but after about 3 mins it still wouldn't let me on. I lacked 500xp from level and ran all the way down to the Harbor to zerg through a quick quest for my level 7. When I entered into Bonebite Hideout it put me on the airship. So, that was about 5 minutes after trying to get on the airship after waiting 3 minutes to see if it'd let me on. I don't understand how I can lag behind 8 minutes like that, but still be in real time in forums and I did go into Bonebite hideout 2 mins later.

Hope you all solve this issue soon. It's annoying. LOL tried to enter Lords of dust First mission in chain around hat time and sent me to airship then when i tried to teleport ack the loading screen/Blue bar as stuck and the bar would not go up.

Loromir
11-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Thelanis and Khyber seem unresponsive to me.

Launcher shows they are up....I haven't tried though.

japheth-0401
11-14-2014, 08:17 PM
Launcher shows up for those servers but they wont load thru the splash screen

Aishana
11-14-2014, 08:19 PM
Was finally able to log back in but i'm in party with someone who crashed with me, they are greyed out yet I cannot leave the party, remove them or convert to raid. I logged off and onto another toon thinking that would pop me out of that ghost party but when I logged back in on original toon am still in the party with the logged off guy.

That happened to me once before... You have to stay logged off for long enough that it'll just remove you from the party by default. It's weird.

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Cant wait until cannith reopens and hope it will be better than ever and have no Issues or i will call hacks :D

kemetka
11-14-2014, 08:25 PM
khyber was just restarted - literally - so likely be back in around 10 - 15 minutes assuming all goes well

AdamSmith
11-14-2014, 08:27 PM
very suspicious this is happening after the lammania release notes were posted. maybe it has something to do with card crunchers panicking to liquidate all their assets.

jalont
11-14-2014, 08:31 PM
very suspicious this is happening after the lammania release notes were posted. maybe it has something to do with card crunchers panicking to liquidate all their assets.

This has been happening basically all day. It's just spiraled and gotten worse. Very weird, but it can't be connected to duping.

Sublimemind
Argo and Cannith down now. Got a 10 second warning then le boot.

we got a 30 second warning on sarlona then 10 seconds later booted nd locked up.. it seems math is a problem for the dev's thats explains why thier coding is lame ?
I think of that quote often 'someone please tell the dev's INT is not a dump stat'

Platinum_Carter

I think when it first was out there where problems.....IDK but either way it is suspicious maybe hackers or something.

alancarp
11-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Just thought I'd get that in while we await the restarts. :)

vms4ever
11-14-2014, 08:33 PM
We will be restarting the DDO game worlds shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will see you back in the game soon. Also, sorry for the last-minute notice.

oh, I was just heading to break the dimensional anchor to finish the epic hard storm the beaches (solo, well with iron defender, owl bear and panther) when the 30 second notice came. I had enough time to get within sight of the anchor before I stopped moving. :(

Bluegirl_Two
11-14-2014, 08:34 PM
All worlds currently down. Is it the restart or did someone forget to pay the electric bill?

slickfoot
11-14-2014, 08:34 PM

heck yes

DaggomaticDwarf
11-14-2014, 08:35 PM
Whenever i try to detach it says failed to detach check to see if inventory is full or item is exclusive however i just tred earlier into iconic and neither is the case

I have had an item stuck in mail for over a year, even called and had it looked at by a Senior Tech and nothing.

kemetka
11-14-2014, 08:36 PM
all this negative feedback on the devs...

originating in one of our storage arrays.
from what cordovan already said, it seems like it has nothing to do with game related development

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 08:37 PM

If there even is a restart.

MyMule
11-14-2014, 08:38 PM
LATEST UPDATE: We are continuing to investigate log in and in-game performance issues across our worlds. We will keep you updated.

I appreciate that you and probably the tech team are spending your Friday night working so the rest of us can (hopefully) keep gaming. I'd like to see a little more of the promised updates however.

slickfoot
11-14-2014, 08:38 PM
I think jerry was grooming the stash and dropped the trimmers down in the servers

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 08:40 PM

from what cordovan already said, it seems like it has nothing to do with game related development

It appears to me that people forgot who keeps the game going behind screen with all of these New quests , New events (I miss Crystal Cove) and New raids.Theyre even up making the game better as we speak fixing bugs and such if they didn't care they would sit and let us await our lives until they hear positive comments for a change.

adrian69
11-14-2014, 08:42 PM
All worlds currently down. Is it the restart or did someone forget to pay the electric bill?

Servers were restarted about 10 minutes ago.

Everyone that's hating on staff should stop and figure out something useful to say, if it hasn't been said. Like this happened to me at such and such time. They may look at it and say hey, I know what the problem might be now. Who knows. But let them do their jobs and feel good about so we can get back to playing quicker.

MuleAxe
11-14-2014, 08:43 PM
It appears to me that people forgot who keeps the game going behind screen with all of these New quests , New events (I miss Crystal Cove) and New raids.Theyre even up making the game better as we speak fixing bugs and such if they didn't care they would sit and let us await our lives until they hear positive comments for a change.

http://www.curiouscomedy.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/say-wha-logo.jpg

Chauncey1
11-14-2014, 08:44 PM
I think when it first was out there where problems.....IDK but either way it is suspicious maybe hackers or something.

Very likely a DDOS attack.

DarrylTheRed
Maybe this is all a ploy to get us to log on to lammania (which appears to be open) so there will be more people to test the new update!

Waaye

A hard disk in the storage array may be having intermittent problems which makes it difficult to find until it fails completely. A Linux box where I used to work was flaky for a week before the drive finally failed and it could be identified and replaced. Intermittent faults are the worst kind to troubleshoot.

Cordovan
11-14-2014, 08:45 PM
We are continuing to investigate this issue. We continue to look at a problem with one of our storage arrays. We'll keep you updated. All DDO game worlds are currently unavailable.

LordKalkin
11-14-2014, 08:46 PM
I think jerry was grooming the stash and dropped the trimmers down in the servers

A Movember tech casualty???

Mewmaster
11-14-2014, 08:48 PM
Okay, Who let the hamsters off the wheels again!

Anyway, yeah, first time back in almsot a month, I think i might have broke it, sorry guys.

rohmer
11-14-2014, 08:49 PM
Servers were restarted about 10 minutes ago.

Everyone that's hating on staff should stop and figure out something useful to say, if it hasn't been said. Like this happened to me at such and such time. They may look at it and say hey, I know what the problem might be now. Who knows. But let them do their jobs and feel good about so we can get back to playing quicker.

Yes, lets make them feel good.

sjt_12
11-14-2014, 08:50 PM

You got my vote.

Sam1313
11-14-2014, 08:51 PM
Yes, lets make them feel good.

+1 to Cordovan for keeping us up to date tonight.

rohmer
11-14-2014, 08:52 PM
We are continuing to investigate this issue. We continue to look at a problem with one of our storage arrays. We'll keep you updated. All DDO game worlds are currently unavailable.

I think I see the issue....

Cannith:
World Status: DOWN

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 08:53 PM

+3 To Cordovan for Keeping us up to date,Keeping Him/Herself up to fix the bugs,And for actually trying to fix the bugs

Nachomammashouse
Right in the middle of Friday Night Mark of Deathfest on Sarlona... we'll try again, Sarlonians, if the servers come up before too long :)

slickfoot
hey guys while we are down, hit up the movember, and don't forget the toys 4 tots it wont be long till Christmas :)

DakFrost

They aren't doing volunteer work, they get paid to work, which is what they're doing.

Hopefully they work a little faster.

Buddha5440
11-14-2014, 08:54 PM
PLEASE, for the love of all MMORPG players out there, LET THEM DO THEIR JOBS. Unless you have worked on an MMORPG, you don't know what they are dealing with, nor do I but I have enough computer knowledge to know how hard problems can be to isolate (which you must do before you can attempt to fix them) and then there is the time needed to fix said problems. It's not like they're not working on it, just let them fix it and find something else to do in the meantime.

Godspeed Turbine. Hope to be back on soon. :)

TitoJ
11-14-2014, 08:56 PM
People kissing up to dev's, don't get onto their server any faster than those complaining about the service...

However, if it weren't for the "haters", no company would care enough to fix problems for complacent customers who think positive.

theinsaneeraser
11-14-2014, 08:56 PM
+3 To Cordovan for Keeping us up to date,Keeping Him/Herself up to fix the bugs,And for actually trying to fix the bugs
+5 to Cordovan for keeping us up to date when he could just leave us in the dark, for staying up to help fix the bug, and for still being so nice even though a lot of people have been really rude.

tigeress55719
11-14-2014, 08:57 PM
PLEASE, for the love of all MMORPG players out there, LET THEM DO THEIR JOBS. Unless you have worked on an MMORPG, you don't know what they are dealing with, nor do I but I have enough computer knowledge to know how hard problems can be to isolate (which you must do before you can attempt to fix them) and then there is the time needed to fix said problems. It's not like they're not working on it, just let them fix it and find something else to do in the meantime.

Godspeed Turbine. Hope to be back on soon. :)

Soulfurnace
11-14-2014, 08:57 PM
Only 2 references to the hamsters in over 100 posts? Wow, are y'all feeling okay?

Anyway, can we put some of the devs in the hamster wheels and tell them that they can either run or fix bugs? Because the servers might run a bit better that way - I'd pick running over fixing all the bugs in DDO any day.

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 08:58 PM
They aren't doing volunteer work, they get paid to work, which is what they're doing.

Hopefully they work a little faster.

Yes and this is what i know. Never said they where volunteering.I said they choose.Which means they can Pretend fix do anything they want to fake.I dont think they are and i dont think they're not hopefully they are.We all are here because of all of the worlds down and i hope all of them are UP atleast by this morning.

theinsaneeraser
11-14-2014, 08:59 PM
People kissing up to dev's, don't get onto their server any faster than those complaining about the service...

However, if it weren't for the "haters", no company would care enough to fix problems for complacent customers who think positive.

O.o we're not kissing up to the dev's, and haters can quickly make people just not want to do things, because whats the point. We understand there is an issue, but we are thankful for them working on it and keeping us up to date. Honestly they could have just not told us anything and left the work till a better time, but they aren't, they are working on it now and letting us know whats going on.

jalont

No, the company couldn't care less about haters. All haters do is annoy the rest of us that have to deal with them.

rohmer

Unless you have ever been President, DO NOT criticize the president. Same goes for Police, Dog Catcher, and everything else!

Mewmaster
+5 to Cordovan for keeping us up to date when he could just leave us in the dark, for staying up to help fix the bug, and for still being so nice even though a lot of people have been really rude.

+6 to Him, seriously, he is getting A LOT of garbage for something the him and the team likely have no control over.

slickfoot
11-14-2014, 09:00 PM
could be worse, you could be playing wow lmao

Enderoc
11-14-2014, 09:00 PM
Just watch our credit card information, pulling the plug is a good thing. It was not a mass DDOS if it was...rather than a bug or disgruntled employee. DDOS when it's done by solo or small groups usually do it to mask their attempts to break in.

sjt_12
11-14-2014, 09:01 PM

Seconded!

AdamSmith
11-14-2014, 09:02 PM
of course they want the servers back up asap. they want ppl spending money in the ddo store after all. lots of lost business tonight!

kemetka
11-14-2014, 09:03 PM

i guess thats your experience, back when i still did tech support and troubleshoooting / resolving... so like.. 3 months ago the customers who realized that we were working to solve things were the ones that usually got stuff done for them the quickest, while the onces who kicked and screamed and pestered us time and time again got left in the queue with the rest of the kickers and screamers and were addressed in order... but i guess its different from place to place.

Ghlitch
11-14-2014, 09:03 PM

NOOO! Not the storage arrays! That's where I keep all my stuff!

DakFrost
11-14-2014, 09:04 PM
Yes and this is what i know. Never said they where volunteering.I said they choose.Which means they can Pretend fix do anything they want to fake.I dont think they are and i dont think they're not hopefully they are.We all are here because of all of the worlds down and i hope all of them are UP atleast by this morning.

Being "positive" to the Devs won't get the game fixed any faster. What's going to motivate them is a call from the higher ups wondering why those responsible for keeping the game running aren't doing their jobs.

They aren't working late because they feel some sort of benevolent and loving obligation to their players. They are working late because they don't want to be defecated on by their bosses.

Azalin
11-14-2014, 09:05 PM
It's been rare, but my admins have had a couple dicey situations with the NetApp arrays at work. One wrong move and you are headed for the latest snap or tape to recover.

Comments, good or bad, aren't slowing down the work.

You just have to methodically, deliberately diagnose the issue to keep a bad situation from getting far worse.

I just hope it isn't Dell product . . .

charles13f
11-14-2014, 09:05 PM
Ok, I get it that a few things needed to be updated, I get that, but let's use some common sense.... is that even possible?
1. I know there is a test server, why not give players a chance to earn astral shards for each mission that is successfully completed ( seeing as other things cant be transferred).
2. Why not have the test server with the updates on it first, for a minimum of a week (thus ensuring better chances to find bugs before it is released to the whole community)
3.With the astral shard thing for the test server, and the patches on the test server, wouldn't that work to nearly eliminate these issues?

When I first began the game the cap had just gone to 16, and there were multiple updates to fix other updates as patches for yet other updates... I took about a year off because every time you turned around it was another money making scheme just about each week and I got sick and tired of the bull, I decided to give it a try again to see if someone had finally figured out that the game was becoming like WOW and knock the bull off.... perhaps it's time to go to Star trek online..... because those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it...

Buddha5440
11-14-2014, 09:06 PM

Of course, because NO business cares about their revenue stream (why would they, it's only the reason they have a job). Granted, complaints can give them a first heads up on the problem and thus help expedite the process of fixing it, but rants and attacks only diminish the desire for those working on the problem to fix it...Think about it, you know it's true.

rohmer
11-14-2014, 09:07 PM
Saw a pony.

rohmer
11-14-2014, 09:07 PM
Do you like gladiator movies?

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 09:08 PM
Being "positive" to the Devs won't get the game fixed any faster. What's going to motivate them is a call from the higher ups wondering why those responsible for keeping the game running aren't doing their jobs.

They aren't working late because they feel some sort of benevolent and loving obligation to their players. They are working late because they don't want to be defecated on by their bosses.

Who ever said we where loving them.All we simply want is to let them do there job and understand them for doing there job.And how would you know how there working late.Im sorry if its not my place to speak but you are ignorant its like beating on a baby.If you know the baby is trying so hard not to suck its thumb your gonna keep putting weight on that baby and forcing him to stop it.OR would you rather show him that you understand its hard to stop but tell him to keep trying.You sir need to rethink things before you comment on peoples pages telling them to be mean to the devs.

rohmer
11-14-2014, 09:09 PM
Who ever said we where loving them.All we simply want is to let them do there job and understand them for doing there job.And how would you know how there working late.Im sorry if its not my place to speak but you are ignorant its like beating on a baby.If you know the baby is trying so hard not to suck its thumb your gonna keep putting weight on that baby and forcing him to stop it.OR would you rather show him that you understand its hard to stop but tell him to keep trying.You sir need to rethink things before you comment on peoples pages telling them to be mean to the devs.

do *their* job.

daskingkuba
11-14-2014, 09:09 PM
I think Bb broke the game:(

My log in client cannot even find the servers -- as if they are not on the internet at all.

slickfoot
11-14-2014, 09:10 PM
haters gonna hate, I just wanna play

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 09:11 PM
It's been rare, but my admins have had a couple dicey situations with the NetApp arrays at work. One wrong move and you are headed for the latest snap or tape to recover.

Comments, good or bad, aren't slowing down the work.

You just have to methodically, deliberately diagnose the issue to keep a bad situation from getting far worse.

I just hope it isn't Dell product . . .
For keeping the Forums in check or atleast trying.Its like The British/American war all over again.And Thanks for trying to fix this problem everyone is worried about.

rohmer
haters gonna hate, I just wanna play

Crack heads are also gonna smoke crack

DakFrost

.....What?....

I can't argue with crazy....I guess you win.

rohmer
Crack heads are also gonna smoke crack

Also grass is gonna grow, and paint will dry.

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 09:12 PM
do *their* job.

Sorry getting tired.

rohmer
.....What?....

I can't argue with crazy....I guess you win.

If the baby wont quit sucking its thumb, you shake them. Duh.

AdamSmith
looks like Black Friday came a week early

Sam1313
I rolled a 13 did I hit your AC? How do I calculate thac0 again?

Nigel137
I think Bb broke the game:(

You waited four years just to say THAT? o.O

Sublimemind
11-14-2014, 09:13 PM

If we do not keep them accountable who will ? I wish i could get a job putting out product that my customers have to test for me and get them to pay me to do it, and not really do it all that well to begin with.

Sardonica
11-14-2014, 09:14 PM
NOOO! Not the storage arrays! That's where I keep all my stuff!

OK that made me laugh.

dontmater
11-14-2014, 09:14 PM
wonder if from people crunching the 8 billion cards befoer u24

Albinosaurus
11-14-2014, 09:15 PM
I doubt the techs even read these posts, so I doubt they have an effect on how fast it gets solved. The only thing complaining does is let them know there is an issue, but that's only if the complaint includes your issue. If you're just bashing on the devs/techs, they probably just skip right over your unimportant comment in the search for something relevant.

rohmer
11-14-2014, 09:16 PM
I doubt the techs even read these posts, so I doubt they have an effect on how fast it gets solved. The only thing complaining does is let them know there is an issue, but that's only if the complaint includes your issue. If you're just bashing on the devs/techs, they probably just skip right over your unimportant comment in the search for something relevant.

Write them in Hindi, that makes it easier

Sam1313
11-14-2014, 09:16 PM
I believe they are working on this as best as they can. Yes it is a business but, they too are gamers. So they know what it's like when game night gets cancelled. Or your DM shows up 3 hours late lol. Cheerub peoples.

slickfoot
11-14-2014, 09:17 PM
jerry dropped the trimmer, it knocked out a hamster and it all just snowballed from there dangit someone get another hamster lol

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 09:17 PM
I feel like im playing Wizard 101 xD

rohmer
11-14-2014, 09:19 PM
jerry dropped the trimmer, it knocked out a hamster and it all just snowballed from there dangit someone get another hamster lol

The hamster's name was "Storage Array"

Sam1313
11-14-2014, 09:21 PM
I rolled a 1. I released my bow string to fire the arrow that was ready and when I released the string it caught my ear and lopped it off. Now I'm bleeing all over the place and I can't hear the wizard yelling at me to get out of the way of the incoming fireball.......Help......Nurse er I mean cleric.

Powskier
We continue to look at a problem with one of our storage arrays.
hmmm , can you tether the internet cables to players machines in lock down mode?...all the ulpluggers need to go...storage arrays sounds like clandestine activity

SoulDuster
If we do not keep them accountable who will ? I wish i could get a job putting out product that my customers have to test for me and get them to pay me to do it, and not really do it all that well to begin with.

Get a job with Microsoft then

Platinum_Carter
Fool of a took

rohmer
11-14-2014, 09:22 PM
Get a job with Microsoft then

That's comically ignorant.

haulindonkey
11-14-2014, 09:23 PM

Um, i believe the server wheels are powered by kobolds and not mere hamsters (rat-like vermin)?

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 09:24 PM
That's comically ignorant.

Its easy just tell them that apple means nothing to you and it was just a one time thing.

TitoJ
I gotta go find a back up game.

rohmer
I tried it on a spotted owl soup once and it was amazing.

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 09:25 PM
Neverember sucks.Lotro Sucks.Most games suck.Ddo doesn't

EazyWeazy
11-14-2014, 09:25 PM

Well, its official. You guys just really suck at your jobs. Failover? Business critical systems support? Any idea how to actually run this stuff? Its just sad.

rohmer
11-14-2014, 09:26 PM
Neverember sucks.Lotro Sucks.Most games suck.Ddo doesn't

DDO does suck the least.

Powskier
early today the auction house was 1st to start trippin out on me..i logged off,as it was unusable(though my movement and interaction w other npcs was ok...)mailbox also was tough to pull an item took a few minuites to register

AdamSmith

I'm about to try wow for the first time. hope turbine had some good insurance on their storage array.

Ghlitch
Um, i believe the server wheels are powered by kobolds and not mere hamsters (rat-like vermin)?

Kobold on union break. Nobody messes with the union.

rohmer
Well, its official. You guys just really suck at your jobs. Failover? Business critical systems support? Any idea how to actually run this stuff? Its just sad.

You cannot comment on their ability unless you too have sucked at your jjob.

sjt_12
11-14-2014, 09:28 PM

They're the ones that remember Waterworks and still hate us... This may be a problem!

Powskier

i play d&d ...Destruction Derby ,when were're down here...crasH! smAsh! BanG! take that!

Platinum_Carter
early today the auction house was 1st to start trippin out on me..i logged off,as it was unusable(though my movement and interaction w other npcs was ok...)mailbox also was tough to pull an item took a few minuites to register

First problem was with mailbox couldnt get pp out of it.And couldnt send items to my other toon then ah started acting like a Headless horse.

rohmer
11-14-2014, 09:29 PM
i play d&d ...Destruction Derby ,when were're down here...crasH! smAsh! BanG! take that!

Im enjoying HvFB

Haters V FanBois

Waaye
11-14-2014, 09:30 PM
I doubt the techs even read these posts [...]

Turbine has hundreds of employees and the hardware and software types probably never read any posts on this forum. That is the domain of the customer service types. They probably will report on the feedback but not in detail.

From my end this looks like a hardware failure. It could be in one or more disks in the array or the array controller. Some devices work intermittently before they fail and those are difficult to find. One thing is for certain Turbine did not make the hardware and in that respect they are like any other user. They will be down until the hardware can be fixed and brought back up, just like the rest of us.

BrennanRiesling
SUPALUP. The only real question is, why doesn't look drop in M.O.D?

Platinum_Carter
They're the ones that remember Waterworks and still hate us... This may be a problem!

They said it all teh time on Crystal cove."Kobold Remember waterworks to",And i was so afraid to Enter the kobold.

AdamSmith
Im enjoying HvFB

Haters V FanBois

that's a wonderful game concept rohmer, hope you can develop it ;)

Zmeck
You cannot comment on their ability unless you too have sucked at your jjob.

This is the internet anyone can comment on anything. Doesn't mean it is right or wrong, just means they put it up in a post, get over it.

rohmer
11-14-2014, 09:31 PM
that's a wonderful game concept rohmer, hope you can develop it ;)

Its in beta now

rohmer
11-14-2014, 09:32 PM
This is the internet anyone can comment on anything. Doesn't mean it is right or wrong, just means they put it up in a post, get over it.

But if a storage array fails in the woods, does it make a sound?

TitoJ
I'm about to try wow for the first time. hope turbine had some good insurance on their storage array.

Some of the instances are cool. But the world and quests are worthless.

Hilltrot
Let's start a pool on how long it will take for them to fix this. 10 to one odds that this won't get fixed until the morning?

rohmer
11-14-2014, 09:33 PM
Because VIPs are the most important stream of money for DDO.

slickfoot
we should just give the kobolds some ale to lighten their mood but then they would run sideways

bigdmag

Then go play another game if your so annoyed. Lets do some math shall we. Ill go slow since it appears you aren't very bright. This game operates 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Thats 8760 hours a year. Now the games are down or malfunctioning how many of those hours? 20? 30? 40 hours a year? I doubt its that much but lets go with 60 hours a year that you cant log in and play. So you divide 60 by 8760, use your calculator, there's no way you can do it on paper ( i can but not you) . That number is .006 , now move the decimal point ( thats the tiny little thing that looks like a period) 2 places to the right. So we end up with .6% of the year they have significant problems, .6 % for crying out loud and your crying about it. Less than 1%!! I play this game 5 to 15 hours a week and usually have fun and run into little problems. Its a computer and its going to have issues every now and then. Get over it. You need to find what it is thats missing from your life that makes you so mad that your whole life is thrown off because a game server is down. You know what I do when I want to play and cant. OTHER THINGS!!! Then I stop by every once in a while and check to see if its time to play yet. I dont start bashing the developers and employees because they dont have a magic wand that fixes computers in an instant. If your a person that is genuinely upset that you cant log in then you got some serious physiological issues that you should attend to.

PS : just a quick caveat; if you are disabled ( I know there are a lot out there) and this is all you have then god bless you, and I certainly understand and would say that you are probably entitled to a little more "frustration". But the rest of us have no excuses for being so agitated. Its a game for crying out loud.

Aishana

Decided to dust off Dragon Age. Might make a rogue and stab people in the kidneys. That's always fun...

Platinum_Carter
Let's start a pool on how long it will take for them to fix this. 10 to one odds that this won't get fixed until the morning?
Im with the 10

rohmer
11-14-2014, 09:34 PM
Then go play another game if your so annoyed. Lets do some math shall we. Ill go slow since it appears you aren't very bright. This game operates 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Thats 8760 hours a year. Now the games are down or malfunctioning how many of those hours? 20? 30? 40 hours a year? I doubt its that much but lets go with 60 hours a year that you cant log in and play. So you divide 60 by 8760, use your calculator, there's no way you can do it on paper ( i can but not you) . That number is .006 , now move the decimal point ( thats the tiny little thing that looks like a period) 2 places to the right. So we end up with .6% of the year they have significant problems, 6 % for crying out loud and your crying about it. I play this game 5 to 10 hours a week and usually have fun and run into little problems. Its a computer and its going to have issues every now and then. Get over it. You need to find what it is thats missing from your life that makes you so mad that your whole life is thrown off because a game server is down. You know what I do when I want to play and cant. OTHER THINGS!!! Then I stop by every once in a while and check to see if its time to play yet. I dont start bashing the developers and employees because they dont have a magic wand that fixes computers in an instant. If your a person that is genuinely upset that you cant log in then you got some serious physiological issues that you should attend to.

PS : just a quick caveat; if you are disabled ( I know there are a lot out there) and this is all you have then god bless you, and I certainly understand and would say that you are probably entitled to a little more "frustration". But the rest of us have no excuses for being so agitated. Its a game for crying out loud.

Ad Hominem attack, sign of a weak mind.

AdamSmith
11-14-2014, 09:34 PM
Then go play another game if your so annoyed. Lets do some math shall we. Ill go slow since it appears you aren't very bright. This game operates 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Thats 8760 hours a year. Now the games are down or malfunctioning how many of those hours? 20? 30? 40 hours a year? I doubt its that much but lets go with 60 hours a year that you cant log in and play. So you divide 60 by 8760, use your calculator, there's no way you can do it on paper ( i can but not you) . That number is .006 , now move the decimal point ( thats the tiny little thing that looks like a period) 2 places to the right. So we end up with .6% of the year they have significant problems, 6 % for crying out loud and your crying about it. I play this game 5 to 10 hours a week and usually have fun and run into little problems. Its a computer and its going to have issues every now and then. Get over it. You need to find what it is thats missing from your life that makes you so mad that your whole life is thrown off because a game server is down. You know what I do when I want to play and cant. OTHER THINGS!!! Then I stop by every once in a while and check to see if its time to play yet. I dont start bashing the developers and employees because they dont have a magic wand that fixes computers in an instant. If your a person that is genuinely upset that you cant log in then you got some serious physiological issues that you should attend to.

It's definitely higher than 60.

Powskier
11-14-2014, 09:37 PM
hmmm , can you tether the internet cables to players machines in lock down mode?...all the ulpluggers need to go...storage arrays sounds like clandestine activity

did anyone else notice all the super cheap ,extremely rare drops that were instantly replensishing in the AH and Shard ex last week or so? meteoric star rubies 300k plat or 7 shards ,instantly reappear in auctions after purchased.It is duper sellout time and the game suffers continually ...shhh no one is supposed to know

Zmeck
I just hope they give us free stuff for the downtime!

Buddha5440
They said it all teh time on Crystal cove."Kobold Remember waterworks to",And i was so afraid to Enter the kobold.

Ha...Funny you said that as I just ran Enter the Kobold elite solo w/hire for the first time today not long before the shutdown. I was successful by the way; granted I was lv 24 and just doing it for favor.

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 09:38 PM

Okai

rohmer
11-14-2014, 09:38 PM
Here's a cool fraps of my soloing Haunted Halls in 20 minutes, on Extended:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

haulindonkey
11-14-2014, 09:39 PM

Amen brother!

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 09:39 PM
Ha...Funny you said that as I just ran Enter the Kobold elite solo w/hire for the first time today not long before the shutdown. I was successful by the way; granted I was lv 24 and just doing it for favor.

Not what im trying to say.But im glad you had fun.Kobold is to.

vms4ever
11-14-2014, 09:40 PM
But if a storage array fails in the woods, does it make a sound?

More importantly, if a man speaks in the woods and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?

Azalin

Here is the most likely scenario:

Remote in to see what is going on. "Uh oh - SAN problem - gotta get hold of storage guy"

Storage guy remotes in. No luck

Rock paper scissors on who gets in their car to head in. Need to eliminate guys who were 5+ beers into their evening.

Most likely, someone is just turning the lights back on in the data center about now.

slickfoot
hey there are dice in my crown royal bag

remember those days?

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 09:41 PM

I actually pressed it D: .IT destroyed 76% of my bran cells

haulindonkey

Yeah wasn't there like a 3 day downtime or longer in the past year? That's 72 hours or more....

kemetka
I just hope they give us free stuff for the downtime!
ottos past life box, you get 1 past life for free I choose completionist :P

Chauncey1

Never seen it done so fast!
Kudos!

TitoJ
11-14-2014, 09:42 PM

Is that true?

I always wondered just how much money they make off of non-vip's in their DDO store.

Buddha5440
11-14-2014, 09:42 PM
Then go play another game if your so annoyed. Lets do some math shall we. Ill go slow since it appears you aren't very bright. This game operates 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Thats 8760 hours a year. Now the games are down or malfunctioning how many of those hours? 20? 30? 40 hours a year? I doubt its that much but lets go with 60 hours a year that you cant log in and play. So you divide 60 by 8760, use your calculator, there's no way you can do it on paper ( i can but not you) . That number is .006 , now move the decimal point ( thats the tiny little thing that looks like a period) 2 places to the right. So we end up with .6% of the year they have significant problems, .6 % for crying out loud and your crying about it. Less than 1%!! I play this game 5 to 15 hours a week and usually have fun and run into little problems. Its a computer and its going to have issues every now and then. Get over it. You need to find what it is thats missing from your life that makes you so mad that your whole life is thrown off because a game server is down. You know what I do when I want to play and cant. OTHER THINGS!!! Then I stop by every once in a while and check to see if its time to play yet. I dont start bashing the developers and employees because they dont have a magic wand that fixes computers in an instant. If your a person that is genuinely upset that you cant log in then you got some serious physiological issues that you should attend to.

+1

Arlandan
11-14-2014, 09:43 PM

I'm probably going to regret becoming involved but his comment didn't warrant everything you just said. I should probably find something better to do than read DDO forum posts. The funny thing is that I'd normally dismiss your comment based on your complete and utter inability to grasp the English language; however, your lack of cogency made it that much more offensive so I could not resist. You should practice what you preach my friend. Let the man speak his piece and practice a little humility. He's entitled to his opinion.

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 09:44 PM
I'm probably going to regret becoming involved but his comment didn't warrant everything you just said. I should probably find something better to do than read DDO forum posts. The funny thing is that I'd normally dismiss your comment based on your complete and utter inability to grasp the English language; however, your lack of cogency made it that much more offensive so I could not resist. You should practice what you preach my friend. Let the man speak his piece and practice a little humility. He's entitled to his opinion.

I dont know what any of you are saying but i like it when words dont move so i lieket You like it?

jalont
11-14-2014, 09:44 PM
Is that true?

I always wondered just how much money they make off of non-vip's in their DDO store.

No it isn't true. With the further casualization of the game with each update that has resulted in the alienation of power gamers, the most important people to Turbine are the whales that stock up on all the store items.

rohmer
11-14-2014, 09:45 PM

Well considering he started with personal attacks, I assume its some sort of projection.

kemetka
11-14-2014, 09:45 PM
I dont know what any of you are saying but i like it when words dont move so i lieket You like it?
Hodor

Azalin
11-14-2014, 09:46 PM

Please adjust for leap years and re-compute. Thank you.

rohmer
Never seen it done so fast!
Kudos!

Well, I am uber from phat lewts.

philliptball
Let's start a pool on how long it will take for them to fix this. 10 to one odds that this won't get fixed until the morning? Monday morning

haulindonkey
And here's another good question? What about our double comms (and 20% crafting xp whoopee) weekend event? Hmmm? I've already lost almost 2 hours of grinding time... Who's gonna compensate me for that? Could we at least get an extra day or two on the weekend bonus? (Depending on length of downtime)

AdamSmith
11-14-2014, 09:48 PM
And here's another good question? What about our double comms (and 20% crafting xp whoopee) weekend event? Hmmm? I've already lost almost 2 hours of grinding time... Who's gonna compensate me for that? Could we at least get an extra day or two on the weekend bonus? (Depending on length of downtime)

don't think that's going to happen though they did extend the +6 tome sale so better pull out your credit card and pay up if you haven't already.

jalont
11-14-2014, 09:49 PM

We really have created a generation of special little snowflakes that think they're owed everything.

haulindonkey
11-14-2014, 09:50 PM
don't think that's going to happen though they did extend the +6 tome sale so better pull out your credit card and pay up if you haven't already.

Bought and paid for all i needed of those when they first came out. Golehmus hate kobolds, Golehmus whip kobolds into shape. Work server, dammit, WORK!

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 09:52 PM
Bought and paid for all i needed of those when they first came out. Golehmus hate kobolds, Golehmus whip kobolds into shape. Work server, dammit, WORK!

:( Pls server work pls.Oh House Cannith Oh House Cannith How lovely are your Crafting.Your Essences are confusing.Your gem shards are beauty.Oh house cannith oh house cannith make all the servers wooork.

haulindonkey
11-14-2014, 09:53 PM
We really have created a generation of special little snowflakes that think they're owed everything.
That was mostly meant sarcastically and tongue-in-cheek. Just getting an early start for the ragers. They can cut and paste my comment at the end of the weekend bonus thread.

bigdmag
11-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Please adjust for leap years and re-compute. Thank you.

Funny :)

TitoJ
11-14-2014, 09:54 PM
No it isn't true. With the further casualization of the game with each update that has resulted in the alienation of power gamers, the most important people to Turbine are the whales that stock up on all the store items.

If those non-vip people weren't the most important stream of revenue, turbine sure went to a whole lotta work to change their platform around for them.

Sam1313
11-14-2014, 09:54 PM

That's not a bad idea but in my case I am premium. And today alone I just spent over $500.00 USD on this game to purchase several packs. Packs for myself and packs for my wife because she plays with me. So each time I purchase something I have to buy X2. How long will it take 9.99 a month to equal what I spent today alone? 50 months? or 4 years and 1 month? 500./9.99=50.05 50.05/12=4.17083333333. I'm just saying that's all. But I do agree with you that they should have a back up game. And no LoTR just don't cut it lol.

jalont
11-14-2014, 09:55 PM
If those non-vip people weren't the most important stream of revenue, turbine sure went to a whole lotta work to change their platform around for them.

How many years ago was that?

HyperChopper
11-14-2014, 09:55 PM
It was just another day at the office; when in the corner; the chest took a look at the storage array and thought *”An artifact of unimaginable evilpower! Yum!”*

That was the end of the Kobald in the hamster wheel :P

slickfoot
11-14-2014, 09:56 PM
they do have a backup game its who can trash what or who in the forums

Sublimemind
11-14-2014, 09:57 PM
then go play another game if your so annoyed. Lets do some math shall we. Ill go slow since it appears you aren't very bright. This game operates 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Thats 8760 hours a year. Now the games are down or malfunctioning how many of those hours? 20? 30? 40 hours a year? I doubt its that much but lets go with 60 hours a year that you cant log in and play. So you divide 60 by 8760, use your calculator, there's no way you can do it on paper ( i can but not you) . That number is .006 , now move the decimal point ( thats the tiny little thing that looks like a period) 2 places to the right. So we end up with .6% of the year they have significant problems, .6 % for crying out loud and your crying about it. Less than 1%!! I play this game 5 to 15 hours a week and usually have fun and run into little problems. Its a computer and its going to have issues every now and then. Get over it. You need to find what it is thats missing from your life that makes you so mad that your whole life is thrown off because a game server is down. You know what i do when i want to play and cant. Other things!!! Then i stop by every once in a while and check to see if its time to play yet. I dont start bashing the developers and employees because they dont have a magic wand that fixes computers in an instant. If your a person that is genuinely upset that you cant log in then you got some serious physiological issues that you should attend to.

Ps : Just a quick caveat; if you are disabled ( i know there are a lot out there) and this is all you have then god bless you, and i certainly understand and would say that you are probably entitled to a little more "frustration". But the rest of us have no excuses for being so agitated. Its a game for crying out loud.

lmao

TitoJ
That's not a bad idea but in my case I am premium. And today alone I just spent over $500.00 USD on this game to purchase several packs. Packs for myself and packs for my wife because she plays with me. So each time I purchase something I have to buy X2. How long will it take 9.99 a month to equal what I spent today alone? 50 months? or 4 years and 1 month? 500./9.99=50.05 50.05/12=4.17083333333. I'm just saying that's all. But I do agree with you that they should have a back up game. And no LoTR just don't cut it lol.

That's probably more than I've spent total since 2006. (taking a lot of months off)

And I've never been anything but VIP... well, other than when VIP was everyone.

AdamSmith
It was just another day at the office; when in the corner; the chest took a look at the storage array and thought *”An artifact of unimaginable evilpower! Yum!”*

That was the end of the Kobald in the hamster wheel :P

Sounds like Sinister Storage to me.

sharf
11-14-2014, 09:58 PM
here is the end and i'm without a selfie

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 09:58 PM
This is how the servers ended.IT started with a normal day when Aadhira and some other friends went ot do LOD Chain.Then when they go to the part when she said Become one WITH LOLTH Spinner of shadows slapped her and said no and they got into a universal fight witch ended all fo teh servers.And the kobolt got mad and REmembered Waterworks teh end

slickfoot
11-14-2014, 09:59 PM
nice anyone got the hamster count now , I am way tooo drunk

jalont
11-14-2014, 09:59 PM
they do have a backup game its who can trash what or who in the forums

It's always like that. Downtime just brings out the forum casuals. ;)

XFlipsideX
11-14-2014, 10:00 PM

Well said, to a certain point. I do really enjoy this game and it has given me a LOT of fun for very little money ($10 a month for VIP), that's cheaper than a movie ticket :) It can be addictive especially for younger people who tend to get addicted to one thing and one thing only with no other real interests and for them i can understand why they get frustrated. There are a lot of other games out there but if your a ddo fan then your a ddo fan and nothing else quite compares to the complexity/teamwork/character customisation i've found in any other game.

haulindonkey

Kudos to you good sir. I hereby grant thee honarary uber-vip status. But in all seriousness the game needs the vipers and the premium players. So let's get those servers back up. And thank you Sam1313 for providing more whips and more foreman to use them on the kobolds.

LordKalkin

To true, time to send a Wambulance over to his place.

Dimwhit1
11-14-2014, 10:01 PM
That's not a bad idea but in my case I am premium. And today alone I just spent over $500.00 USD on this game to purchase several packs.

:eek:

Wow, that's some serious cash. I've been playing maybe 3 years? 2 1/2? I'm also premium, but I think my total spend has been around $200-$250. And I thought that was a lot.

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 10:01 PM
Well said, to a certain point. I do really enjoy this game and it has given me a LOT of fun for very little money ($10 a month for VIP), that's cheaper than a movie ticket :) It can be addictive especially for younger people who tend to get addicted to one thing and one thing only with no other real interests and for them i can understand why they get frustrated. There are a lot of other games out there but if your a ddo fan then your a ddo fan and nothing else quite compares to the complexity/teamwork/character customisation i've found in any other game.

Well Said i am only 13 and i have grown addicted to this game.After school Ddo.Early in the morning ddo.Cant get my hands of my laptop

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 10:03 PM
Im premium and spent only 150 dollars on this game

rohmer
11-14-2014, 10:03 PM
:eek:

Wow, that's some serious cash. I've been playing maybe 3 years? 2 1/2? I'm also premium, but I think my total spend has been around $200-$250. And I thought that was a lot.

Looks like Ill have to drop 500 on a coupla amputee dorf hookers. God those beards are hawt.

TeacherSyn
11-14-2014, 10:04 PM
Great Hamster of the Universe,
On the Perpetual Wheel of Time and Space
Chewer of Zergers, Stomper of Flowersniffers
We pray you do not overeat
And halt the flow of the worlds
And should you must rest without warning,
Lead us not into temptations by the False Worlds
Where Pikers and Griefers and Pandemics await us
And grant us patience, and +6 tomes
Once you return to spin the worlds back into being
By the shield and the sword and spell everlasting
In Gygax's name
Amen

SocratesBastardSon
11-14-2014, 10:04 PM
What? What?! No DDO? What am I going to do??? Oh, hey, look at that, I have an interesting book on the shelf. Hmm, reading. I remember reading. Maybe I'll give it a try...

Azalin
11-14-2014, 10:05 PM
That's probably more than I've spent total since 2006. (taking a lot of months off)

And I've never been anything but VIP... well, other than when VIP was everyone.

Me too - and with 4 accounts.

Just wondering - wouldn't it have been cheaper to do even a short-term upgrade to VIP for two accounts for the content instead of spending that much cash?

rohmer
11-14-2014, 10:05 PM
What? What?! No DDO? What am I going to do??? Oh, hey, look at that, I have an interesting book on the shelf. Hmm, reading. I remember reading. Maybe I'll give it a try...

Graphics suck, framerate is balls, and no Bravery Bonus

slickfoot
11-14-2014, 10:06 PM
amen brothers and sisters of the crown royal bag

Buddha5440

Here's a thought...perhaps English isn't his/her first language. I am often infuriated at how those who speak English as a first language assume all others do as well (I am American so it, or at least a bastardized version of it, is my first language). Perhaps you should try making a post on a site that is in mainly some language other than English and see how many rebukes you get.

Severlin
We are still working to isolate the issue. Ramblings from the tech ops people while I was over there indicate they are making progress. I know it's frustrating and for that I apologize.

Sev~

Buddha5440
11-14-2014, 10:08 PM
We are still working to isolate the issue. Ramblings from the tech ops people while I was over there indicate they are making progress. I know it's frustrating and for that I apologize.

Sev~

No need to apologize...stuff happens. Just keep us informed as to the progress. Thanks.

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 10:08 PM
Graphics suck, framerate is balls, and no Bravery Bonus

No 6+ tomes No Crystal cove No Gianthold.No shadowfell.

DaggomaticDwarf
11-14-2014, 10:09 PM

Sev~

They brung out the big Gun. :)

Platinum_Carter
11-14-2014, 10:10 PM

Sev~

As long as your working on it and your doing the best you can to get us back on the servers I accept your apology sir even though you dont need to apologize.Sev

Scrapco
11-14-2014, 10:10 PM

It's the TR missiles. They've caused a rupture in the time-space continuum.

Somethingsomething RAID joke here.

TeacherSyn
11-14-2014, 10:11 PM
My wife is in celebration and wants to invite all other DDO widows/widowers to a simul-drinking celebration in 20 minutes...if they're not otherwise occupied by an unexpected swoon of romantic attention--or while your player-mate is in the shower.

To quote her: "Wooohooo!"

Hardly monastic.