PDA

View Full Version : I had a arcane archer and raident cleric character but the new sytem killed it

Leonkun247
11-10-2014, 10:07 PM
where do i put my enhancments to get it back please and thank you
i worked hard to be one

cru121
11-10-2014, 10:53 PM
your best option would be to invest into the following enhancement trees:
http://ddowiki.com/page/Radiant_Servant_enhancements
and
http://ddowiki.com/page/Elven_Arcane_Archer_enhancements
or
http://ddowiki.com/page/Arcane_Archer_enhancements

If you post more information about your characters, perhaps someone can help you more.
Generally, the enhancement changes made many more options possible, and did not really destroy so many old builds. Chances are that your character(s) will be stronger once you understand the new trees.

LuKaSu
11-10-2014, 10:57 PM
where do i put my enhancments to get it back please and thank you
i worked hard to be one

Press Ctrl+R or visit your class trainers to assign APs. Arcane Archer and Radiant Servant are now the names of the tabs where you can find the appropriate skills. The new way, however, makes it so you can get enhancements from multiple trees, so you can be an arcane archer and tempest ranger at the same time. The only limits are that you can only take enhancements from the top tier in one enhancement tree.

Leonkun247
11-11-2014, 03:03 AM
your best option would be to invest into the following enhancement trees:
http://ddowiki.com/page/Radiant_Servant_enhancements
and
http://ddowiki.com/page/Elven_Arcane_Archer_enhancements
or
http://ddowiki.com/page/Arcane_Archer_enhancements

If you post more information about your characters, perhaps someone can help you more.
Generally, the enhancement changes made many more options possible, and did not really destroy so many old builds. Chances are that your character(s) will be stronger once you understand the new trees.

my character is lvl10 and has a a lesser heart of wood that you get free and he is a elfhas the right stats for both arcane archer and radient cleric

cru121
11-11-2014, 05:59 AM
my character is lvl10 and has a a lesser heart of wood that you get free and he is a elfhas the right stats for both arcane archer and radient cleric

At level 10 your character should have around ~36-40 AP to play with.
Spend at least 10 points into Elf tree (http://ddowiki.com/page/Elf_enhancements). Then you can take the Arcane Archer enhancement for 4 AP. Click Accept. You can now access the Elven Arcane Archer tree and spend points in it.

If you don't have the feat Bow Strength, and you have decent dex, consider investing few more points into Elf to pick up Grace: dex to damage with bows.

Feralthyrtiaq
11-11-2014, 08:56 AM
Radiant Aura and Slayer Arrows being Tier 5....

FranOhmsford
11-11-2014, 09:22 AM

Not so much as the OP is only Lvl 10 and wouldn't have had those anyway!

Radiant Burst however would be very hard to get at Lvl 6 and might not even be available at Lvl 10 IF you're pushing to get Arcane Archer through Elf!

The problem here is that for some reason the Devs put Elven AA high up in the Elf Tree rather than at Tier 1 where it should have been!

The Elf Tree isn't even that good comparatively with other Racial Trees!

And you're basically wasting AP to get to AA!

And all that's without going into Divine Disciple {Spell Points} or Warpriest {HP and PRR!}.

An AA Cleric is now a strictly High Level Build that will be difficult to level up for those not au fait with Build and Gear requirements!

Enoach
11-11-2014, 10:32 AM
Not so much as the OP is only Lvl 10 and wouldn't have had those anyway!

Radiant Burst however would be very hard to get at Lvl 6 and might not even be available at Lvl 10 IF you're pushing to get Arcane Archer through Elf!

The problem here is that for some reason the Devs put Elven AA high up in the Elf Tree rather than at Tier 1 where it should have been!

The Elf Tree isn't even that good comparatively with other Racial Trees!

And you're basically wasting AP to get to AA!

And all that's without going into Divine Disciple {Spell Points} or Warpriest {HP and PRR!}.

An AA Cleric is now a strictly High Level Build that will be difficult to level up for those not au fait with Build and Gear requirements!

I actually disagree with your assessment of the Elf tree especially in regards to AA and Cleric. To access the AA tree you will have to commit 14 AP to the Elf Tree before you get AA access. That still leaves 66 AP to spend in other trees.

The Core abilities of accuracy (up to 6%) as well as up to 10 meters extension to Point Blank Shot allowing you to get the benefits from further away. It also includes Dex bonuses which help with Reflex saves as well as To-Hit with Bows.

The Dragonmarks allow for Displacement - This would mean spending 16 AP to access both AA and Displacement

Also Arcanum for SP and Feywild Tap

Aerenal Weapon Training adds +1 to Hit/damage to Longswords, Rapiers and Longbows.

To me elf is a good synergy with the Arcane Archer.

As a racial tree you will need to be more focused on which enhancements you go with as you won't be able to be too diversified in the AA tree.

Enoach
11-11-2014, 10:54 AM

I would agree, however as an AA focus giving up the Radiant Aura for Slayer Arrows should not be too difficult. I've actually found I don't miss the Aura on my War Priest as I still have the bursts.

FranOhmsford
11-11-2014, 11:22 AM
I actually disagree with your assessment of the Elf tree especially in regards to AA and Cleric. To access the AA tree you will have to commit 14 AP to the Elf Tree before you get AA access. That still leaves 66 AP to spend in other trees.

Which considering the high requirements isn't as good as it sounds.

The Core abilities of accuracy (up to 6%) as well as up to 10 meters extension to Point Blank Shot allowing you to get the benefits from further away. It also includes Dex bonuses which help with Reflex saves as well as To-Hit with Bows.

A Ranger requiring Accuracy?

A Cleric with Divine Might, Divine Favour and Divine Power requiring Accuracy?

P.S. Elven Acc 3 requires Lvl 16!
Elven Dex 2 Lvl 11!
So these are out for getting to Elf AA by Lvl 10!

The Dragonmarks allow for Displacement - This would mean spending 16 AP to access both AA and Displacement

Elven Acc 1, Elven Dex 1, {Lvl 4 - 3 AP Spent}
Aerenal Weapon Training 1 {2 AP}
Arcanum {3 Ranks - 6 AP}
AA {4 AP}

Taking Dragonmarks is on TOP of getting to AA NOT used to get to AA!

Also Arcanum for SP and Feywild Tap

Again - Feywild Tap is on TOP of getting to AA!

Aerenal Weapon Training adds +1 to Hit/damage to Longswords, Rapiers and Longbows.

Valenar giving Shortbows however is TERRIBLE!

To me elf is a good synergy with the Arcane Archer.

And so it should be - However...You do have to spend 14 pts in that tree just to get to AA!
And that means that your Main Cleric tree is going to hurt badly until you're at Heroic cap or very close!

As a racial tree you will need to be more focused on which enhancements you go with as you won't be able to be too diversified in the AA tree.

Yep - Having to spend 14 ap just to get to that tree means that you're locked out of a lot of it anyway UNLESS you ignore your Class Trees almost entirely!

The 4 AP Cost of Elven AA itself is the real problem because as you've shown there's a lot in the Elf tree that's useful specifically for an AA!

FranOhmsford
11-11-2014, 11:35 AM
OP:

ELF
Elven Acc 1, Elven Dex 1, {Lvl 4 - 3 AP Spent}
Aerenal Weapon Training 1 {2 AP}
Arcanum {3 Ranks - 6 AP}
AA {4 AP}

15 AP Total Spent

Radiant Servant

Healing Domain, Pacifism, Radiant Burst {Lvl 6 - 3 AP Spent}
Extra Turning {3 Ranks - 3 AP}
Altruism {3 Ranks - 3 AP}
Efficient Emp. Heal {2 AP}

11 AP Total Spent

Warpriest

Smite Foe {1 AP}
Divine Might {3 Ranks - 3 AP}
Toughness {3 Ranks - 3 AP}
Wall of Steel {3 Ranks - 3 AP}

10 AP Total Spent

Divine Disciple

Emissary of Light {1 AP}
Spell Points {3 Ranks - 3 AP}

4 AP Total Spent

40 AP Total Spent - You're almost Lvl 11 and you can NOW start putting points into AA itself!

unbongwah
11-11-2014, 01:14 PM
Could you be more specific? What is your class split? What are your base stats so far? And most of all, what are your primary goals for this build? In particular, is ranged DPS or healing more important; that determines whether you go for Arrow of Slaying or radiant auras. Help us help you! :)

Enoach
11-11-2014, 03:18 PM
Working with 36 AP for Level 10

Elf
Elven Accuracy I
Elven Dexterity
Elven Accuracy II
Aerenal Weapon Training I
Aerenal Weapon Training II
Arcanum 1/3
Arcane Archer
--------------------------
14 AP
This gives you
+6 meters on your Point Blank Shot/Ranged Sneak Attack - Use of Bluff can help get a little more DPS in
+6% to hit - Useful at low levels when your DEX is still low
+1 Dexterity can help balance out an odd DEX
+2 to Hit/Damage
+25 Spell Points
+1 Spell Penetration

Radiant Servant
Healing Domain
Pacifism
Positive Energy Burst
Extra Turning 3/3
Wand Mastery 3/3
Altruism 3/3
-----------------------------
12 AP

Arcane Archer (elf)
Arcane Archer
Morphic Arrows
Conjure Arrows
Energy of the Wild 1/3
Awareness 1/3
Force Arrows 2/3 - for Force Damage and Ghost Touch
------------------------------
10 AP

This will get you started with both your Divine and AA abilities. It will also give you Bursts for healing as well as AA abilities. You can make adjustments if you don't want the Conjure Arrows. Off course you can make adjustments based on what feats you have taken to enhance your ranged abilities.

Now you may notice that I have not taken from the other trees, part of this is that enhancing your Strength for range damage is only useful if you have Bow Strength. And the light/negative damage is good if you plan on adding in offensive casting but if the goal is to use the bow for the primary damage those can wait until later.

FranOhmsford
11-11-2014, 03:29 PM
Working with 36 AP for Level 10

Elf
Elven Accuracy I
Elven Dexterity
Elven Accuracy II
Aerenal Weapon Training I
Aerenal Weapon Training II
Arcanum 1/3
Arcane Archer
--------------------------
14 AP
This gives you
+6 meters on your Point Blank Shot/Ranged Sneak Attack - Use of Bluff can help get a little more DPS in
+6% to hit - Useful at low levels when your DEX is still low
+1 Dexterity can help balance out an odd DEX
+2 to Hit/Damage
+25 Spell Points
+1 Spell Penetration

Radiant Servant
Healing Domain
Pacifism
Positive Energy Burst
Extra Turning 3/3
Wand Mastery 3/3
Altruism 3/3
-----------------------------
12 AP

Arcane Archer (elf)
Arcane Archer
Morphic Arrows
Conjure Arrows
Energy of the Wild 1/3
Awareness 1/3
Force Arrows 2/3 - for Force Damage and Ghost Touch
------------------------------
10 AP

This will get you started with both your Divine and AA abilities. It will also give you Bursts for healing as well as AA abilities. You can make adjustments if you don't want the Conjure Arrows. Off course you can make adjustments based on what feats you have taken to enhance your ranged abilities.

Now you may notice that I have not taken from the other trees, part of this is that enhancing your Strength for range damage is only useful if you have Bow Strength. And the light/negative damage is good if you plan on adding in offensive casting but if the goal is to use the bow for the primary damage those can wait until later.

You're also losing Toughness, 100 SPs if my Math is right and PRR!

But you do get the AA abilities a bit earlier.

Enoach
11-11-2014, 05:23 PM
You're also losing Toughness, 100 SPs if my Math is right and PRR!

But you do get the AA abilities a bit earlier.

You are correct what I outlined to be able to access both RA and AA abilities is:

140 SP less then what you outlined
10 PRR less
15 HP less

But what I outlined allows the OP to have AA abilities at level 10 instead of having to wait 3 more levels to have enough AP to spend in the tree. While 140 SP is a lot of SP in comparison at that level, I've also outline the alternate use of scrolls/wands by taping into the Wand Mastery. At this level these types of resource can go a long way in extending SP by making heal scrolls more potent, which can be a big help in keeping ones self up or helping keep a party up as the damage does not come in so fast that using wand/scroll for primary healing with SP for emergency/quick healing is still an option.

The 10 PRR is a good damage reduction, but keeping in mind that the play style of an AA is generally to avoid being pummeled the percentage of damage it reduces could be handled almost as well with some DR item(s). Also this PRR can still be picked up in the enhancements later on.

15 HP is a lot of HP at level 10 but as a self healing type may not have as good a return as taking other enhancements such as Range enhancements for DPS offered by the AA tree.

War Priest is a good melee tree but not so good for a ranged based character as the Smite enhancements are melee based.

I just figured showing a different option that is viable but allowing the OP a chance to enjoy AA abilities now would be helpful as a comparison. Your outline is fine except that it only unlocks the tree and makes it available to fill with the AP earned after level 11 is obtained. This puts some useful abilities in the AA tree out to level 13+ which may or may not be what the OP is actually looking for.

We have both simply outlined different approaches be it AA later or AA now, each has its own advantages and disadvantages - It is up to the OP to decide which works for them, or even if neither works. We don't know where they sit tome wise to recommend starting stats or if their goal is to include Manyshot, IPS or Bow Strength in the build, let alone play style.