PDA

View Full Version : Requirements for an Arcane Archer?

Wylf
11-06-2014, 09:27 PM
This is most likely a stupid question, but I have looked for quite a while now, without actually finding any information on this topic. So, why not just ask here.

I'm a semi-new player. As in, I'm playing the game on and off for a few years now, but rather casually. My highest character so far is level 9, for instance. I kinda know what I'm doing when it comes to actually playing the game, but occasionally I tend to hit a brick wall and don't know what's going on anymore. Mostly because DDO is pretty bad at actually explaining how it works...
In any case, I recently came back after another rather lengthy pause and decided to start fresh, instead of continuing with my higher characters (which is the reason why I'm only level 9, I guess ;X). I decided to go ahead and play a dwarf ranger this time, started him as a rogue at level 1 (because I can't handle not having roguey skills. I NEED to open that locked door. It's compulsive.) and then leveled him as a ranger for every level after that. He just now hit level 7, with 6 levels as a ranger.
My question is now... are there prerequisites for an arcane archer build? What do I need for the enhancement tree to appear? Because I only have a tempest tree and the three rogue trees in my enhancements, no other ranger builds. Are dwarves unable to become anything else than a tempest ranger? Did I do something wrong? Do I just need to level more? It's getting a bit frustrating having absolutely no information on the subject... even DDOwiki just has the tree, without ever stating if it has specific requirements.
So yeah. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (:

Therrias
11-06-2014, 09:44 PM
This is most likely a stupid question, but I have looked for quite a while now, without actually finding any information on this topic. So, why not just ask here.

I'm a semi-new player. As in, I'm playing the game on and off for a few years now, but rather casually. My highest character so far is level 9, for instance. I kinda know what I'm doing when it comes to actually playing the game, but occasionally I tend to hit a brick wall and don't know what's going on anymore. Mostly because DDO is pretty bad at actually explaining how it works...
In any case, I recently came back after another rather lengthy pause and decided to start fresh, instead of continuing with my higher characters (which is the reason why I'm only level 9, I guess ;X). I decided to go ahead and play a dwarf ranger this time, started him as a rogue at level 1 (because I can't handle not having roguey skills. I NEED to open that locked door. It's compulsive.) and then leveled him as a ranger for every level after that. He just now hit level 7, with 6 levels as a ranger.
My question is now... are there prerequisites for an arcane archer build? What do I need for the enhancement tree to appear? Because I only have a tempest tree and the three rogue trees in my enhancements, no other ranger builds. Are dwarves unable to become anything else than a tempest ranger? Did I do something wrong? Do I just need to level more? It's getting a bit frustrating having absolutely no information on the subject... even DDOwiki just has the tree, without ever stating if it has specific requirements.
So yeah. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (:

Arrow buttons.

Wylf
11-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Arrow buttons.

... I'll have you know, I feel very, very stupid now.

God ******, how could I miss that? I looked everywhere on the screen, but missed the giant arrow? Uuuugh.

Thanks for the help. I'll go hide in a corner now.

Therrias
11-06-2014, 11:34 PM
... I'll have you know, I feel very, very stupid now.

God ******, how could I miss that? I looked everywhere on the screen, but missed the giant arrow? Uuuugh.

Thanks for the help. I'll go hide in a corner now.

Happy manyshotting.

Munkenmo
11-07-2014, 01:52 AM
whilst your question has already been answered, I'd strongly recommend looking into 6 monk levels. At monk level 6 you can qualify for the feat 10 thousand stars, which is effectively a slightly lesser version of manyshot. They share the same activation timer, but have sperate cool downs. So it's possible to go:

10k Stars, Manyshot, 10k stars, 10k stars, Manyshot, 10k stars : repeat.
as opposed to
wait, manyshot, wait, wait, Manyshot, wait : repeat

11ranger/6monk/3rogue would be quite a good split.

Wylf
11-07-2014, 02:06 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll certainly look into it. (:

xcharon79
12-05-2014, 04:49 PM
i allso plan on rolling a new archer-built , and was thinking of that 11/6/3 split too, until i figured that 10k stars kills off doubleshot pretty much completely.
that combined with the need for zen archery(and staying centered ofc) on a built thats allready pretty low on feats (and defense) kinda kept me from doing so.

atm im leaning more towards a 11rgr/6fgt/3rog or 8drd/6rgr/6fgt split...

is there any collection of builds other than the new u19 build thread (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/422251-New-U19-Builds-for-Characters) available?
couldnt find any there that were really appealing to me tbh...

/edit: rolled a rgr/fgt/rog, im really curious to see weather stuff like the additional sneak attack die and wandbonis are worth giving up on lvl8 fighter, and therefore kensei tier4/5, or not.
(you prolly dont have enough AP's for AA and kensei at the same time anyways...)