PDA

View Full Version : Mythic level Raids

JOTMON
11-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Mythic level content would be interesting..
Expand the story line and have Erandis Vol go around to all the previous house raids (except shroud) enticing the help of all the old defeated bosses as she tries to unlock her own Mark of Death.
Thus adding a Mythic level raid for all pre-existing Eberron Epic raids.

Mythic Von
Mythic Titan
Mythic DQ
Mythic MA/LOB
Mythic VOD
Mythic Hound
Mythic Chronosphere
Mythic TOD
Mythic Tempest Spine
Mythic FoT

after using all the raids as a flagging mechanism to bring it all back around for a final fight against Erandis Vol in a Mythic Litany raid after realizing she was just using you to entrap the souls of all these previous bosses to help her unlock her Mark.
Shards obtained from each of these Mythic raids unlock the final fight against Erandis Vol.. you now realize these boss shards were parts of her scattered philactary.
You now have what you need to defeat her or have you just brought her what she needs to free herself...

Lots of interesting upgrades of Epic loot to Mythic levels... existing templates are already in place for the Epic loot..
opens up opportunities to bring all these Epic goodies up to Mythic endgame standards with augment slots and still retain the Epic level content as it currently exists.

~had posted this in another thread, but thought it may be worthy of its own discussion...

JOTMON
11-07-2014, 07:42 AM
huh, no responses.. guess people really don't have any interest in endgame challenging raids.

Holybird
11-07-2014, 08:05 AM
Actually JOTMON I like this idea. Mostly because I love Titan and would like to see it epicfied. But this idea is simply awesome IMO, even someones are maybe against adding new difficulty.......

Monkey-Boy
11-07-2014, 08:30 AM
A fantastic idea. Make it so Turbine.

Loromir
11-07-2014, 08:42 AM
I like your idea. If not vol, maybe some other major boss to bring capstone to the whole Eberron / Stormreach DDO story line. Something to tie it all together. Vol seems as good a villain as any to do so, or maybe Horoth's boss? A single mythic raid to put to rest the entire Stormreach story line.

esojiul
11-07-2014, 11:13 AM
I like your idea. If not vol, maybe some other major boss to bring capstone to the whole Eberron / Stormreach DDO story line. Something to tie it all together. Vol seems as good a villain as any to do so, or maybe Horoth's boss? A single mythic raid to put to rest the entire Stormreach story line.

Having MYTHIC level is a good idea. Instead giving more hp to monster. the traps do huge amount of DMG, monsters do more DMG, quest level over 32, make it imposible to sole the quest. Augment to turn epic items to MYTHIC ITEMS.
example MYTHIC SHADOW SWORD

Takllin
11-07-2014, 11:27 AM
We talked about this last night, and I agree it's a great idea that should be implemented.

Also mythic should only have one version like old Epics were.

moo_cow
11-07-2014, 01:20 PM
huh, no responses.. guess people really don't have any interest in endgame challenging raids.

I have an interest in endgame raids but I have 0 interest in any form of epic titan or tempest spine.

salmag
11-07-2014, 01:46 PM
I have an interest in endgame raids but I have 0 interest in any form of epic titan or tempest spine.

I sort of agree with this statement.

I would be behind Mythic raids if they make friendly fire count. That would make it truly epic. No more standing in fire walls or sleet storms, chain lightning has the chance to hit nearby allies. Cleave has the chance to hit allies, that are standing directly behind them.
It would up the difficulty, cause people to function like a team, make them slow down (sorry no zerging).

It would definately be challenging.

JOTMON
11-07-2014, 02:12 PM

Not Epic.. Mythic... Level 30+ endgame max difficulty with loot upgrade to min level 30.

Titan could be Tweaked of course so not 9 people parked on a ladder while 3 actually do everything else.
why not Tempest Spine.. at level difficulty.. this is a great raid...

moo_cow
11-07-2014, 03:02 PM
I sort of agree with this statement.

I would be behind Mythic raids if they make friendly fire count. That would make it truly epic. No more standing in fire walls or sleet storms, chain lightning has the chance to hit nearby allies. Cleave has the chance to hit allies, that are standing directly behind them.
It would up the difficulty, cause people to function like a team, make them slow down (sorry no zerging).

It would definately be challenging.

That would just be a bunch of trolls killing teammates.

bennyson
11-07-2014, 03:04 PM
No more Epic

Bring out the Mythic!

JOTMON
07-20-2016, 10:13 AM
resurrection time...

Still waiting for DDO to give us endgame content to run..
substitute... Legendary for Mythic. ( we didn't know what it was going to be called back then)

give us a real flagging slugfest not a halfash flag a couple raids then TR while gaining XP, run a couple more then tr again.....
Flagging all these Eberron raids could encompass 20 quests and 10 pre-raids (on Legendary difficulty).. just to open the access to Elandris Vol Legendary chain..
~ Flag all the raids on Legendary, then run all the raids on Legendary to flag for the end raid..

Have it drop components for Legendary named items.. or even Sentient weapon components..
storyline... Erandis Vol is still tryng to revive her mark of death and experimenting with various things and colluding with other entities...

experimental items found ...craftable phylactery shards.. these shards are imbued with an unusual life force that desires to be formed into a weapon..
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/473089-Sentient-Weapons
Sentient Weapons that consume named items to unlock special effects...

a grind that would encourage players to stay in the endgame range due to long flagging mechanics and farming components..
While also giving players a reason to sacrifice their named items collected and to be recollected...

Sunnie
07-20-2016, 11:02 AM
Have it drop components for Legendary named items.. or even Sentient weapon components..
Can we help her make it work this time?

Atheok
08-18-2016, 12:49 AM
Mythic level content would be interesting..
Expand the story line and have Erandis Vol go around to all the previous house raids (except shroud) enticing the help of all the old defeated bosses as she tries to unlock her own Mark of Death.
Thus adding a Mythic level raid for all pre-existing Eberron Epic raids.

Mythic Von
Mythic Titan
Mythic DQ
Mythic MA/LOB
Mythic VOD
Mythic Hound
Mythic Chronosphere
Mythic TOD
Mythic Tempest Spine
Mythic FoT

after using all the raids as a flagging mechanism to bring it all back around for a final fight against Erandis Vol in a Mythic Litany raid after realizing she was just using you to entrap the souls of all these previous bosses to help her unlock her Mark.
Shards obtained from each of these Mythic raids unlock the final fight against Erandis Vol.. you now realize these boss shards were parts of her scattered philactary.
You now have what you need to defeat her or have you just brought her what she needs to free herself...

Lots of interesting upgrades of Epic loot to Mythic levels... existing templates are already in place for the Epic loot..
opens up opportunities to bring all these Epic goodies up to Mythic endgame standards with augment slots and still retain the Epic level content as it currently exists.

~had posted this in another thread, but thought it may be worthy of its own discussion...

/signed

Anything for endgame!

Allorian
08-18-2016, 08:02 AM
I agree that something along these lines should be done, I was thinking of something along the lines of old epics being turned into Mythic Raids along with old Epic quests made Mythic as well. Funny this came to mind around 2 months ago, I see that it was originally brought up back in 2014 by Jotmon. The Devs could also make all of the rest of the quests epic and do a Mythic version of them to be released at the same time, less work that way.

Signed - Yes

Glam

chappyglass
08-18-2016, 09:11 AM
/signed

Yes please, give me an endgame worthy of making me want to stay at level 30 for a while:)