PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help for my first pally iconic!

polymath
11-03-2014, 08:14 AM
Hey y'all,

I am planning on TRing my main to a bladeforged pure pally. I watched a few videos on youtube to try and educate myself on the class and bladeforged, but I do have a question I'd love help with.

I plan on going THF, and to make sure I don't mess my toon up I jumped on to cetus' youtube page. He is currently playing a THF bladeforged pure pally, but did not list his feat selection. I would love help selecting feats for this new TR.

THANKS!!

unbongwah
11-03-2014, 09:26 AM
The main feats should be THF chain, power attack, IC:Slashing (or blunt), overwhelming critical, and Adamantine Body. That leaves 1 heroic & 2 epic feats to do as you wish. Cleaves will come from KotC tree, but Cleave feat is still a pre-req for Momentum Swing. I presume Cetus has Stunning Blow, but haven't verified that.

polymath
11-03-2014, 01:09 PM
The main feats should be THF chain, power attack, IC:Slashing (or blunt), overwhelming critical, and Adamantine Body. That leaves 1 heroic & 2 epic feats to do as you wish. Cleaves will come from KotC tree, but Cleave feat is still a pre-req for Momentum Swing. I presume Cetus has Stunning Blow, but haven't verified that.

Yeah he does have stunning blow. I am a bit out of the loop for the need for cleave as it's an enhancement now. I just want to make sure I don't screw up my build. Is Adamantine body a pre requisite?

jalont
11-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Yeah he does have stunning blow. I am a bit out of the loop for the need for cleave as it's an enhancement now. I just want to make sure I don't screw up my build. Is adamant one body a pre requisite?

No, but with the prr changes and current gear at endgame, it's definitely worth taking.

Other feats you could think about: Quicken (for recon. Isn't needed, as the bf recon doesn't seem like it can be interrupted, but you notice the casting time difference)
Force of personality

unbongwah
11-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Is Adamantine body a pre requisite?
No, but the PRR/MRR changes means it's a huge boost to your defenses. The only downside is the MDB 1, which is also gonna cap your Dodge bonus unless you invest heavily in MDB increases.

Force of personality
I usually skip FoP on WF/BF because they're naturally immune to Hold spells, while spells like OID and PW:Stun have no save (just an SR check); a BF pally gets Death Ward, which protects against instakills & neg energy effects (and they're already immune to level drain). So Will saves only help against a small number of spells, like disco balls, and it's not too hard to avoid those.

polymath
11-03-2014, 03:14 PM
Okie Dokie,

To be clear, Ill be taking the following:

IMPROVED: THF line
CLEAVE (not great cleave) for momentum swing
IMPROVED CRIT: Slash
Adamantine Body
Stunning Blow
Overwhelming Crit

That is all I have. Just to be clear, I have zero experience passed level 20. So when you say things like momentum swing, I have no idea what that is (I do now that I looked it up). So for the sake of time, please assume I like a child in the respect of epic levels and enhancement pass. Please walk me through the feats like you would to someone who hasn't played before (It's been awhile for me).

I very much appreciate the feedback so far guys!!

Purkilius
11-03-2014, 03:37 PM
Okie Dokie,

To be clear, Ill be taking the following:

IMPROVED: THF line
CLEAVE (not great cleave) for momentum swing
IMPROVED CRIT: Slash
Adamantine Body
Stunning Blow
Overwhelming Crit

That is all I have. Just to be clear, I have zero experience passed level 20. So when you say things like momentum swing, I have no idea what that is (I do now that I looked it up). So for the sake of time, please assume I like a child in the respect of epic levels and enhancement pass. Please walk me through the feats like you would to someone who hasn't played before (It's been awhile for me).

I very much appreciate the feedback so far guys!!

Looks good, get quicken for cleave at least to 20 you can always swap :)

unbongwah
11-03-2014, 04:22 PM
FYI, I posted a pure THF BF pally here (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/450518-Pure-BF-Pally-Help-Needed?p=5460152&viewfull=1#post5460152). That version takes Imp Sunder because I wasn't sure I could hit viable Stunning Blow DCs; but it's simple enough to trade feats. I also take no Cleave feat; I would have to swap that in if I wanted Momentum Swing. Quicken isn't necessary per se, as the Reconstruct SLA doesn't require a Concentration check, but it makes a noticeable difference in cast time; and the faster you Repair, the sooner you're swinging your big ol' piece of metal again.