PDA

View Full Version : One last hurrah for the Monster Manual!

fmalfeas
11-02-2014, 01:12 AM
I know that we're not supposed to get another, but I'm going to propose one. One that I think would be comparatively simple, and require minimal, if any, art-team work. So small, it should be free, or very, very, very cheap. But FUN!

One category - Luggage! In this category we'd have Crates, Vases, Jars, Boxes, and other containers. And of course, the Luggage King - Crateos (the only one that would have much of an entry). The main reason to have it would be for ransackers to brag about just how many things they have broken.

Full_Bleed
11-02-2014, 01:30 AM
One category - Luggage! In this category we'd have Crates, Vases, Jars, Boxes, and other containers. And of course, the Luggage King - Crateos (the only one that would have much of an entry). The main reason to have it would be for ransackers to brag about just how many things they have broken.

That would be fun.

But it should have mimics, too!

fmalfeas
11-02-2014, 01:45 AM
Sadly, those are abberations. :(

Full_Bleed
11-02-2014, 02:14 AM
Sadly, those are abberations. :(

And Crateos is a construct. Both are thematically connected to inanimate containers.

Anyway, good idea, but it will never happen.

TitusOvid
11-02-2014, 03:14 AM
I know that we're not supposed to get another, but I'm going to propose one. One that I think would be comparatively simple, and require minimal, if any, art-team work. So small, it should be free, or very, very, very cheap. But FUN!

For that, I would spend money.

dunklezhan
11-02-2014, 06:42 AM
I wonder...

a big part of the problem in creating monster manuals (we're told) is the artwork.

So why not run a competition, Turbine?

Give us the categories, and a month to submit artwork. The winners get their artwork and a credit somewhere in the game, and all you have to do is the other stuff which is (we're told) comparatively much less effort.

We know we have talented artists on the forums, we know some of them are aspiring to make a living from it. Having an unpaid but credited artwork in a game is a nice feather in their cap so I don't think you'd be lacking for entries. You could spread it out over a year though to make sure people had time to produce the relevant output. 'This month, we're inviting submissions for Drow, the categories are...'

And yes. Some you'd get would, objectively, be rubbish - but if you're selling the pack as the 'Community Monster Manual' people would absolutely be forgiving of that, and would think you were cool for being relaxed about it.

Come on turbine - we want a completed MM, and we even know from forum posts that YOU want a completed MM. It's a question of resources, clearly.

Well, we have those resources. Resources who are probably willing to work for payment in the form of a mere in-game credit - some text for goodness sake. There has to be a way for us to work together to achieve that.

The_Human_Cypher
11-02-2014, 06:49 AM
New volumes of the Monster Manual will be completed eventually according to my conversations with Players' Council members. The devs are just buried under other projects at the moment but the Players' Council will keep this topic alive.