PDA

View Full Version : Making it fun again

n2adaze
10-31-2014, 04:19 PM
quit focusing on gear,buffs, and soloing. let's invite new players by being new player friendly instead of end game oriented. please let's make this game what it was. a fun game and not a game to beat

Monkey-Boy
10-31-2014, 04:20 PM
No

skorpeon
11-01-2014, 03:53 AM
quit focusing on gear,buffs, and soloing. let's invite new players by being new player friendly instead of end game oriented. please let's make this game what it was. a fun game and not a game to beat

It is up to us to do this if we want the game to continue. I have been in games where players end up destroying the game they love by riding over new players and deriding them for their "newness". Encouraging new players to join guilds that are open to new players and look to encourage them through the 6 week honeymoon period. If you can retain them and encourage them we are more likely to retain them. This game has an extremely challenging learning curve (which is one of its greatest appeals). But for many it is to tough without help.

Make sure those guilds who can invite new players help out them through some kind of mentor system.

esojiul
11-01-2014, 12:35 PM
It is up to us to do this if we want the game to continue. I have been in games where players end up destroying the game they love by riding over new players and deriding them for their "newness". Encouraging new players to join guilds that are open to new players and look to encourage them through the 6 week honeymoon period. If you can retain them and encourage them we are more likely to retain them. This game has an extremely challenging learning curve (which is one of its greatest appeals). But for many it is to tough without help.

Make sure those guilds who can invite new players help out them through some kind of mentor system.

I agree, my toons are completionists, i am part of a guild over 170 and have epic gear. I dont need to put more dollars to the game.
Instead new player, who get in love with the game, they are going to invest heavily in the game. That the money needed to improved the game. have to balance the end game with first part. Iconic it a bad idea for new players, This game has an extremely challenging learning curve. Dont get me wrongg Iconic great to TR- new builds etc.

The game has to be reinveted

Uska
11-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Sounds good to me I have fun failing in a group thank do succeeding solo and if we succeed as a group bonus!

dontmater
11-01-2014, 04:00 PM
what makes it hurt is having to explain all the bugs to all the new people over and over again

DakFrost
11-01-2014, 04:18 PM
The players can't save the game from itself. Turbine needs to step up and correct the course they've set.

More easy buttons and buffs are not the answer.