PDA

View Full Version : Questions about reincarnation I did not find in the wiki

matezzo
10-30-2014, 09:57 AM
I already had a reincarnation a long time ago, but first time I'm trying out an epic destiny. Now I wana TR again and I have a couple of questions:

-Will my xp completely reset? (from lvl 25 back to 0)?
-what happens with my previous tr cache if I don't empty it?
-say I was a cleric and maxxd out divine crusader in this life. Next I wana be a wizard. At lvl 20 which epic destinies I can choose? One froman arcane or the one I opened with my cleric? And ifit's the former can i jump from the arcane sphere back to divine crusader even if I did not connect them on the ED map?

thx

Saekee
10-30-2014, 10:06 AM
I already had a reincarnation a long time ago, but first time I'm trying out an epic destiny. Now I wana TR again and I have a couple of questions:

-say I was a cleric and maxxd out divine crusader in this life. Next I wana be a wizard. At lvl 20 which epic destinies I can choose? One froman arcane or the one I opened with my cleric? And ifit's the former can i jump from the arcane sphere back to divine crusader even if I did not connect them on the ED map?

thx

I am assuming you will do a heroic True Resurrection, since you can't ER (Epic Reincarnate) at level 25.
1) your xp, favor, everything completely resets. However, when you say xp here, maybe you are referring to your progress in various destinies? That progress remains in two forms. The first is karma, the second is the actual unlocking and development of the destiny. When one wishes to ER, he or she must have 6,000,000 xp in the destiny of choice to do so. And that xp is 'spent'. However, the destiny is still unlocked and developed. To ER again in the same destiny, you must earn again all the 6mil xp. If you do not use the xp for an ER, and TR instead, then the epic XP remains!
2) empty your TR cache before a TR.
3) when you reach level 20 again, you can only choose from the destinies that you have developed. You do not get to choose from one on the other side of the map that has not been unlocked yet. That choice--where you begin the first time your character reaches epic destiny development--happens only once. Then you are stuck with that location from which you must develop. You only need to get to Tier 3 to shift to the next point in a destiny sphere, and then certain destinies have links (bridges) to other spheres (see map for specifics). To go over the bridge to a new destiny, you need to hit Tier 4.

madmaxhunter
10-30-2014, 10:11 AM

thx

I will assume you mean HTR.

- XP resets to 0 (and it's more for next life)
- You can't HTR with a TR cache.
- EDs suck after you pick the first path. You will still be stuck in that orb. You'll have to work your way over to the one you want/need or pay TPs to move to the ED you want.

Krelar
10-30-2014, 10:14 AM
Saekee did a decent job of answering your questions so I just wanted to add one thing.

If you are already 25 you may want to consider pushing on to level 28 then doing an epic reincarnation, which will take you back to level 20 and give you an epic past life, followed by a true reincarnation which will take you back to level 1 and give you a heroic past life.

Saekee
10-30-2014, 10:16 AM

More specifically, if you only maxed out the Divine Crusader destiny, note on the map that it is not a 'bridge' destiny. Hence in you next life you can choose Divine Crusader or one of the other two (Unyielding Sentinel or Exalted Angel) in that sphere. Divine Crusader will still be maxed out, and if you wish you can then level up one of the other two. If you wish to move into another sphere--say, Martial--you must take Unyielding Sentinel to level 4 first.
In order to earn Fate Points, one attempts to max out every epic destiny...

Saekee
10-30-2014, 10:16 AM
Saekee did a decent job of answering your questions so I just wanted to add one thing.

If you are already 25 you may want to consider pushing on to level 28 then doing an epic reincarnation, which will take you back to level 20 and give you an epic past life, followed by a true reincarnation which will take you back to level 1 and give you a heroic past life.

Hi Thx Krelar and that is very good advice

matezzo
10-30-2014, 10:27 AM
Hmm not the answer I was hoping to get, but oh well.. especially this epic destiny pick part. So I can't be a draconic incarnate without first going through unyielding sentinel, master of flovers, shadowdancer, fatesinger.. either with my caster cleric or my new wizard.. but those spheres sucks for a caster.. :)

I don't know about epicreincarnation.. what would I need for that? I will check the wiki

MangLord
10-31-2014, 02:24 AM
Yeah, it's not the most enjoyable aspect of epic game life, but once you top off that destiny, you never have to do it again. Your destiny will remain unlocked through all reincarnations. My recommendation is to pick your absolute favorite, most enjoyable class and grind your destinies that way. If you try to do it with a class that you're not wild about, it can be soul crushing. Some destinies will be awful, but most have at least something to offer.

If you're at level 25, you may as well make the last push to 28 and pick up an epic past life along the way. You can epic TR to 20, then heroic TR into your new life right after. If you've cleared out your TR acct, you may have to equip items in order to fix an overflowing inventory. The game won't let you heroic TR without cleaning out your TR acct, anyways. Its a good stop-gap to prevent you from accidentally losing all of your hard earned loot.

FuzzyDuck81
10-31-2014, 03:21 AM
Yeah, it's not the most enjoyable aspect of epic game life, but once you top off that destiny, you never have to do it again. Your destiny will remain unlocked through all reincarnations. My recommendation is to pick your absolute favorite, most enjoyable class and grind your destinies that way. If you try to do it with a class that you're not wild about, it can be soul crushing. Some destinies will be awful, but most have at least something to offer.

On the other hand, if you're into multiclassing & unusual combos, working through different destinies can be a lot of fun for trying out new things, and you can sometimes find combinations you wouldn't expect to work being surprisingly effective, whether for boosting little-used original capabilities or for adding new stuff to cover any gaps in that character's skill set - I found i really enjoyed fatesinger on my ninja for example.

EllisDee37
10-31-2014, 05:33 AM
Hmm not the answer I was hoping to get, but oh well.. especially this epic destiny pick part. So I can't be a draconic incarnate without first going through unyielding sentinel, master of flovers, shadowdancer, fatesinger.. either with my caster cleric or my new wizard.. but those spheres sucks for a caster.. :)Well, grandmaster of flowers isn't awful for a caster cleric since you can spend 12 destiny AP on wisdom. Similarly, shadowdancer isn't awful for a wizard because you can take int.

I don't know about epicreincarnation.. what would I need for that? I will check the wikiReach level 28, have earned at least 6 million xp in a single sphere, and then run 21 EN quests and collect 2 heart seeds from the end reward from each to get the 42 heart seeds needed for an epic heart. To that end, run a million of that 6 million divine sphere xp in unyielding sentinel so that next life grandmaster of flowers is already unlocked.

If you're a level 25 caster cleric now, have maxed out divine crusader, and want to be a draconic incarnation wizard next life, my advice is:

1) Switch to Unyielding Sentinel now and get it to tier 4
2) Switch to Grandmaster of Flowers and get it to tier 3 (spend your destiny AP on wisdom)
3) Switch back to your preferred divine destiny and get to level 28
4) epic tr, then heroic tr into a wizard
5) once back to 20, start in shadowdancer (int!) and take it to tier 4

Now you're only fatesinger away from draconic, and have mostly played in destinies that are kind of sort of not completely awful for your character. Fatesinger will be, (awful, that is,) but you'll only need to take it to tier 3 before you can hop over to draconic.

MangLord
11-01-2014, 10:22 AM
On the other hand, if you're into multiclassing & unusual combos, working through different destinies can be a lot of fun for trying out new things, and you can sometimes find combinations you wouldn't expect to work being surprisingly effective, whether for boosting little-used original capabilities or for adding new stuff to cover any gaps in that character's skill set - I found i really enjoyed fatesinger on my ninja for example.

High five. We as players absolutely should have some fun with the system. An ED is sort of a class within itself, but it's not hard to run into a system of staying in the most favorable ED to grind out ETRs once you've maxed them all out. Fortunately, I left myself one 3rd tier awful destiny in each sphere to grind as I grind, and I'm still whittling at those. EN pays out decent xp, and its not that hard to work through an ETR just running low pressure difficulty. If you're playing a strong class, EH is pretty cathartic too. Its not like old 3rd life heroics where you had to run only elite to make TR without some sludgy late-level grinding. I usually hit level 20 halfway through Vale and Wheloon now, without touching the Lords of Dust chain. Sagas (whether you take personal xp or guild renown) are a fun way to vary content and work towards a larger goal, and I really like them. Instead of just running my daily warm up EH VoN3, Wizking and WGU, I'll opt to finish out a saga for guild renown and potentially add a nice wondrous craftsmanship item to my stable. (usually better than the named items.) Sagas are one of the best systems DDO has implemented, IMO. I'd be thrilled to see more.