PDA

View Full Version : adding customizable combos that can be dragged hotbar

minimomo
10-29-2014, 03:28 PM
yes, this idea from that old game called sacred.

so it opens an interface with 3 or 4 or 10 slots, you put spells, tactical combat feats or whatevers into those slots and save it. to make an example: fireball, cleave, great cleave. then it has this little icon, you drag it to the hotbar and when you press the assigned key your character perform those moves in a row. not any faster than you can manually can do.

why? because so many freaking hotbars!! seriously. spells, clickies, feats, weapons... if you use 8 hotbars normally, with this combo system you can easily drop 4 or 5.

intimidate, improved uncanny dodge, haste boost, damage boost.

possibilities simply endless and if damaging spells and abilities are too much then i am content with getting this system just for buffing purposes.

discuss.

mikarddo
10-29-2014, 04:12 PM

so it opens an interface with 3 or 4 or 10 slots, you put spells, tactical combat feats or whatevers into those slots and save it. to make an example: fireball, cleave, great cleave. then it has this little icon, you drag it to the hotbar and when you press the assigned key your character perform those moves in a row. not any faster than you can manually can do.

why? because so many freaking hotbars!! seriously. spells, clickies, feats, weapons... if you use 8 hotbars normally, with this combo system you can easily drop 4 or 5.

possibilities simply endless and if damaging spells and abilities are too much then i am content with getting this system just for buffing purposes.

discuss.

With Autohotkey you can do this quite easily youself.

Inoukchuk
10-29-2014, 04:25 PM
With Autohotkey you can do this quite easily youself.

Is that an in-game tool or some external macro tool?

Inoukchuk
10-29-2014, 04:30 PM

discuss.

I love the idea. I would also love having equipment layouts (so you can swap equipment for different situations without having to do it manually). This would be useful for swaps for people that use some equipment only when trapping/resting/fighting undead/boss fights/etc.

Personally I actively avoid taking many abilities on a melee that have active attacks, because I have too much active junk on my hotbars already, and I tend to cycle through specific attack sequences (though some things triggering others to come off timer throws this...).

MacRighteous
10-29-2014, 11:18 PM
IF you are suggesting that you push a key or click an icon once and it performs more than one action, then you are talking about automation and auto-fire attacks. Automation and auto-fire is a kin to making bots and could be defined as unattended combat. This is against the end user license agreement and a ban-able offense if Turbine wanted to enforce it.

Keyboard/Software Macros, Auto-hot-key, Innerspace/ISboxer and other types of scripting macro-like utilities are a grey area at best and straight up against the rules at worst.

My suggest is to stay away from using software and keyboard macros for skills and attacks (swapping weapons, gear and armor is ok) unless you adhere to the unspoken rule of thumb on these type of things: One key = One action.

So for example if you set up a macro that triggered one skill upon button/key push and then on the second push (of the same key) it triggered another skill and then on a third push it triggered a different skill that would be ok and you could use that one key as a spam key that fired off a rotation of related skills or attacks, but would not break the one-key = one action rule. If you don't push the spam button between the attacks the rotation stops.

However if you set up a macro that fired off those same 3 skills in a row with the push of one button then you are automating and have created a limited bot. In theory you could expand this approach and push a button and walk away while the toon continues attacking.

Its not a giant leap to go from there to scripting full fledged bots.

mikarddo
10-30-2014, 12:57 AM
Is that an in-game tool or some external macro tool?

Its an external tool much akin to what you can do with a programable mouse. Its quite legal to use as long as you only use it while you are at the keyboard. I highly recommend trying it as its very easy to use and allows almost exactly what you suggest. Sure, it would be lovely to have in game but Autohotkey or a programable mouse is a superb alternative.

mikarddo
10-30-2014, 02:26 AM
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/391703-Anyone-here-know-how-to-write-scripts-for-Auto-Hotkey?highlight=Autohotke

More details in the linked post including dev confirmation that it is ok.

Vellrad
10-30-2014, 02:28 AM
Macros to make game play itself.
Worst thing ever made.

minimomo
10-30-2014, 03:25 AM
if this was a game like diablo, where you have max 6-7 skills then i would say: macros, worst thing ever too.

but multiclassing and having access to like 9 enhancement skill trees and actives you get from there? spells? clickies? skills? abilities? eds? feats?

this game needs it.

and i guess i will check that autoclickthingy but really, to be able to use that kind of macros and stuff, you have to put whatevers into hotbars still. no?

i suggested this so hotbars won't cover half the freaking screen.

MacRighteous
10-30-2014, 09:21 AM
Script attacks in combat at your own risk, unless you use the one key press = one game action rule of thumb.

Uska
10-30-2014, 09:57 AM
Macros to make game play itself.
Worst thing ever made.

Yup and I put /follow right there with that