PDA

View Full Version : Update 23 Patch 1 Known Issue: Quest Turn-Ins

Cordovan
10-27-2014, 05:16 PM
We are investigating an issue affecting a subset of quests that prevents a player from turning in the quest to the Quest NPC and getting their End Reward list. So far this seems to particularly affect a small subset of older quests, but if you encounter this issue, please let us know which quest you were trying to turn in so we can investigate further. We are looking into the possibility of a hotfix to correct this issue, and will keep you updated. Thanks!

Ferthefourmtroll
10-27-2014, 07:37 PM
So far have encountered the issue in two places; in the Harbor, could not turn in the Haverdasher quest, and in Threnal myself and party members cannot turn in the Final Quest of the Western Excavation set. In both cases it acts as if completed, in Threnal, it even offers the option to repeat the Western quest chain, as if it was done, but no loot appears and returning to Sal Danek doesn't give an option to advance to the last excavation, just refers you back to Jan as if you were not yet complete.

Edit: Purge the heretics is another that cannot be turned in.

ThomasHunter
10-27-2014, 07:59 PM
I believe I encountered this in the Delaras chain trying to talk to Derek Grospic. I couldn't get the end reward which would let me talk to Hargo.

thanks!

Cordovan
10-27-2014, 09:56 PM
Please keep this discussion focused on the issue at hand. This is not a thread to discuss your opinion about subjects other than this bug. Thank you. (some moderation has taken place)

Sublimemind
10-27-2014, 10:20 PM
[QUOTE=Cordovan;5462403]Please keep this discussion focused on the issue at hand. This is not a thread to discuss your opinion about subjects other than this bug. Thank you. (some moderation has taken place)[/QUOT

Hmm.. my comments were directly related to the BUG. You and your corporation just didn't like the truth..bad for business i bet. By the way my 'issue' was delara's tomb as well.. the no end reward with derick and hence no completion of the chain. i bet my group was one of the first to report the problem and get no help or compensation for MORE time wasted. i bet if i do not pay for vip i will recieve the same treatment.

bwnunnally
10-27-2014, 10:21 PM
I believe I encountered this in the Delaras chain trying to talk to Derek Grospic. I couldn't get the end reward which would let me talk to Hargo.

thanks!

This - I got stuck unable to get a reward list from Derek also, which is chapter 3 of free Delera

Zarzthor
10-27-2014, 10:33 PM
Ran into this issue in the harbor. I could not end Haverdasher or Millers Dept quests. Get the end conversations but no end loot and quest still shows open.

Trillea
10-27-2014, 11:17 PM
Confirmed with Delera pt 3, unable to complete

Trillea
10-28-2014, 12:14 AM
Caged Trolls bugged

dontmater
10-28-2014, 03:36 AM
free delera turn ins is bugged, the end reward screen pops up for 1/2 a second (sometimes) if you move the dialog around abit it seems to pop up (for 1/2)more often.

for the love of god forum people.. don't make me go into why i would like this fixed.. . . . .. . . . . . . . i said about all i know about it

Systern
10-28-2014, 03:36 AM
We tried to run heroic elite Cry for Help tonight. The draw bridges that are lowered by levers no longer lower when the levers are thrown.

A party member mentioned that he ran epic hard Cry for Help fine 3 hours previous...

(Slightly off topic, but if you're talking about hotfixing quests that that just got broken... here's another one)

LupusVai
10-28-2014, 03:56 AM
We tried to run heroic elite Cry for Help tonight. The draw bridges that are lowered by levers no longer lower when the levers are thrown.

A party member mentioned that he ran epic hard Cry for Help fine 3 hours previous...

(Slightly off topic, but if you're talking about hotfixing quests that that just got broken... here's another one)

This may not be a new bug. I've seen this happen a couple of times before, months ago. Other group members said at the time it sometimes happens and just to restart the quest.

FranOhmsford
10-28-2014, 04:12 AM
This may not be a new bug. I've seen this happen a couple of times before, months ago. Other group members said at the time it sometimes happens and just to restart the quest.

Seconded!

This is an old bug that pops up from time to time.

GRUMBLEDUKE
10-28-2014, 04:57 AM
I got caged trolls and most of the old house Kundarak quests turned in ok but could not turn in Taming The Flames

For me the Hirelings and pets are still working the way they were before the patch.

TitoFireknife
10-28-2014, 05:08 AM
Threnal west part 3 cant turn in

cdbd3rd
10-28-2014, 06:07 AM
We are investigating an issue affecting a subset of quests that prevents a player from turning in the quest to the Quest NPC and getting their End Reward list. So far this seems to particularly affect a small subset of older quests, but if you encounter this issue, please let us know which quest you were trying to turn in so we can investigate further. We are looking into the possibility of a hotfix to correct this issue, and will keep you updated. Thanks!

Ah, so it wasn't just me. ;)

Inq. Gnomon refused to give up the loot after I Purged his Heretics.

(Yeah, I slaughtered a bunch of halflings with wanton abandon!) :p

Dandonk
10-28-2014, 07:45 AM

Thirded. Old bug, happens from time to time. Never really figured out what triggers it.

Augon
10-28-2014, 09:18 AM
I had the issue with Haverdasher and millers debt. I know a couple of others online at the same time complained about haverdasher as well

Cordovan
10-28-2014, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the reports. We're continuing to look into this today.

geoffhanna
10-28-2014, 10:58 AM
Ah, so it wasn't just me. ;)

Inq. Gnomon refused to give up the loot after I Purged his Heretics.

(Yeah, I slaughtered a bunch of halflings with wanton abandon!) :p

Dude. :(

ValariusK
10-28-2014, 11:20 AM
Taming the flames, same bug.

Wongar
10-28-2014, 11:35 AM
Unable to get or turn in the Wheloon Prison end reward. Can run the five quests and turn them in but can not get end reward. This happens consistently on Epic when below level 24, no problems seen at level 24 and higher. I suspect this has to do with running the quests under level.

Fuitentooty
10-28-2014, 03:20 PM
Turn-in for Into the Deep chain reward.

Seikojin
10-28-2014, 03:27 PM
Turn-in for Into the Deep chain reward.

I did that chain yesterday without issue. I was on heroic.

I think reports on it should be formatted:
Questname:
NPC being spoken to:
Quest difficulty:
Character name and level:

MalkavianX
10-28-2014, 03:40 PM
Purge The Heretics and Caged Trolls for me, just now. I did them both yesterday on a different server and they completed fine.

Rapthorn
10-28-2014, 05:32 PM
Just did Epic Hard Chains of Flame with my wife and quest giver gave us no reward, so naturally I talked to him again only I chose his second option which promptly brought up the reward list (my wife did the same thing with equally good results).

I like to think it was because he had an angry bear growling at him...

Ron9696
10-28-2014, 10:24 PM
Delara's Part three - can't turn in to Derek - can't advance quest - Orien - Heroic Elite - 3 players - 2 flagged - 1 Red door
Caged Trolls - No turn in - No end reward list -
Purge the Heretics - No turn in - no end reward list
Taming the Flames - no turn in - no end reward list

Troubleshooting - abandoned all quests - even delara's - picked up quest again - re-ran - no difference - still can't turn in - chat is displayed as should, but no reward list - XP and Favor all look right

first noticed this with Delara's, then ran Taming, went and turned in any quest not turned in so far and found Caged and Purge the same, though both were run before Delara's. Abandoned all other quests that had not been started yet. Still no difference.

On the other hand did not have problem with Haverdasher, or Millers debt, though both were run before the latest update.

Hope any of this helps

Glowmaster
10-28-2014, 11:17 PM
Can't turn in last quest of Western Excavation and progress the chain.

DANTEIL
10-28-2014, 11:24 PM
For me this happened tonight on Taming the Flames, Elite. Clicked the questgiver with the green checkmark, the dialogue popped up, clicked to close that, and then the reward list popped up for about half a second. Couldn't click on it. The green checkmark was still there so I could try it again -- the reward list didn't always pop up, but when it did it was always super quick. I finally gave up. Obviously missing out on vendor trash reward isn't a big deal, but I would feel worse if I missed out on a chain end reward.

Chipps
10-29-2014, 07:54 AM
I got it just other way round yesterday.

Lord of Dust - Game Crash - 3 crashs in a row after that trying to load character again - then kicked out of the instance and not getting completion, as Group finished it while i was disconnected- but questgiver still says i got the quest but I can't enter because door says I don't.

Ah, but I got the end reward from npc at the gate to Sevant.

DaSawks
10-29-2014, 09:09 AM
Waterworks on elite at level chain reward not working. SO glad that Turbine "fixed" double end rewards.

Cordovan
10-29-2014, 10:03 AM
We are currently working on getting out a hotfix which we expect will resolve this issue. We'll have more information on timing once we have it set.

Saekee
10-29-2014, 10:30 AM
I was unable to activate the cult of the six arc

Bargol
10-29-2014, 11:48 AM
This is priceless.

Again we see a half thought out attempt to fix an exploit that actually doesn't fix anything but instead hurts all players.

Maybe more changes to pallies, bards, and barbs will fix all the ongoing bugs? or more content...add more content....that fixes bugs right?

Sad just so sad.

snook59
10-29-2014, 01:11 PM
I tried Threnal with two char's and no end rewards list. I then logged into another Char and could not finish Haverdasher and the goods. I then looked on the forums and found this post about the problem.

The two threnals cost me a lot of time. I wish I would have checked after the first attempt.

Thanks for looking into it and good luck with the hot fix. I'll just stop playing until it's fixed.

snook59
10-29-2014, 01:56 PM
I posted this already but for some reason it was deleted???

Tried Threnal twice with two different chars no end reward or quest advancement. Logged onto another char and the Millers Goods and Haverdasher did the same thing. I really wish I would have seen this post before the two Threnal attempts as they were very time consuming. I did put in a help ticket but the response said nothing about an ongoing issue, just suggested I make a bug report which I did.

I'll just stop playing until this is fixed.

Thanks for looking into it and good luck on the hot fix.

Kaytis
10-29-2014, 02:30 PM
I posted this already but for some reason it was deleted???

Tried Threnal twice with two different chars no end reward or quest advancement. Logged onto another char and the Millers Goods and Haverdasher did the same thing. I really wish I would have seen this post before the two Threnal attempts as they were very time consuming. I did put in a help ticket but the response said nothing about an ongoing issue, just suggested I make a bug report which I did.

I'll just stop playing until this is fixed.

Thanks for looking into it and good luck on the hot fix.

Haverdasher and Miller's Debt used to offer a hearty handshake and 50 GP -not a reward list. Whatever broke was almost certainly related to the fact that they were changed to offer a reward instead.

But before we go putting in a hot fix that addresses just those two, at least consider the fact that Vale / Shroud advancement was the same way. You never used to get a reward list for those either. So whatever you do, don't release a hot fix without testing that those still work.

There were some other quests that were the same way -they had reward lists added where there previously were none. It wouldn't hurt to test all of them really.

cdbd3rd
10-29-2014, 04:25 PM
Dude. :(

Hehheh. Sorry Geoff. I promise, no Commandos were harmed in the advancement of my Player Race slayer count...

(It ain't MY fault - Blame the Monster Manual!!) ;)

Taming the Flames.... erm, what Val said^^. :o

Diesel_Smurf
10-29-2014, 08:02 PM
Miller's debt - NPC will not give reward

oops see now that this has been reported :)

Cordovan
10-29-2014, 08:21 PM
A hotfix is planned for tomorrow to address this issue. (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/450911-Downtime-Notice-9-00-AM-12-00-PM-Eastern-(-4-GMT)-Thursday-October-30th)

LoveToFlyGuy
10-30-2014, 11:58 PM
The recent hotfix resolved my "unable to complete" issues with the Haverdasher & Miller's Debt quests.

Thanks for the fix!

Mysteria_Sdrassa
11-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Not sure if this one was addressed or not,, I know I have sent in bug reports on it,,
Ravenwing the final quest giver in chain sends you to Ta Prin to pick up her quest. After completing her quest and getting her reward she sends you back to Ravenwing to close out the chain. When you talk to him he tells you to go back to to Ta Prin and won't close out the the chain. No final reward, nothing,, the chain remains open as if never completed. Honestly I could care less about a final reward,, I just want him to close out the chain.

Cordovan
11-04-2014, 02:51 PM
Not sure if this one was addressed or not,, I know I have sent in bug reports on it,,
Ravenwing the final quest giver in chain sends you to Ta Prin to pick up her quest. After completing her quest and getting her reward she sends you back to Ravenwing to close out the chain. When you talk to him he tells you to go back to to Ta Prin and won't close out the the chain. No final reward, nothing,, the chain remains open as if never completed. Honestly I could care less about a final reward,, I just want him to close out the chain.

I was looking into this report today, and could not find the bug you describe. There is no arc chain reward for this quest; rather, you get the final reward for the chain when you complete Into The Deep by speaking with Ta Prin after completing the quest, which is not available until the three earlier quests are completed at least once. When you are done with Into the Deep, you get your reward from Ta Prin, and from then on have the ability to repeat the capstone quest by speaking with Ta Prin again. If you do go back to Ravenclaw, he'll tell you to go to Ta Prin, but that's just a way to direct you to the final quest in the chain.

Mysteria_Sdrassa
11-07-2014, 10:04 PM
Ok,, heres the thing,, I understand that he may not give a reward and you get it from Ta Prin,, thats all fine. I honestly don't care who gives the reward.
What I am saying is that even tho you complete Ta Prins quest (Into the Deep), and go back to Ravenwing he will not aknowledge that you have already been there/done that. And will not close out the story arc,, thus leaving a quest open in your quest journal as uncompleted (The Sahawagan Stronghold).

Now according to Update 8 wayyyyyy back in Dec of 2010:
Red Fens
Ravenwing now acknowledges that you have completed the quest chain in his action dialogue.
Grounded some fences that were trying to fly away in the landscape.

But he doesn't do this. And in no way works like any of the other chain/arc type NPCs, so I am stuck (short of abandoning) with an open quest in my journal that can never be closed/finished. I'd just like him to work like all the other chain/arc type NPCs and do what the Update from so long ago SAYS he is supposed do.

Cordovan
11-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Ok,, heres the thing,, I understand that he may not give a reward and you get it from Ta Prin,, thats all fine. I honestly don't care who gives the reward.
What I am saying is that even tho you complete Ta Prins quest (Into the Deep), and go back to Ravenwing he will not aknowledge that you have already been there/done that. And will not close out the story arc,, thus leaving a quest open in your quest journal as uncompleted (The Sahawagan Stronghold).

Now according to Update 8 wayyyyyy back in Dec of 2010:
Red Fens
Ravenwing now acknowledges that you have completed the quest chain in his action dialogue.
Grounded some fences that were trying to fly away in the landscape.

But he doesn't do this. And in no way works like any of the other chain/arc type NPCs, so I am stuck (short of abandoning) with an open quest in my journal that can never be closed/finished. I'd just like him to work like all the other chain/arc type NPCs and do what the Update from so long ago SAYS he is supposed do.

Gotcha, thanks for the explanation. Will have to look into it further.

Jaenar
11-09-2014, 03:51 PM
I thought this had been fixed, but it turns out I am still running into this here and there. I ran Gianthold on Epic last night and after completing Prison of the Planes, the npc did not recognize that I had completed the quest, he still had the greyed out icon indicating I had the quest, but even though I had just ran it, he would not complete. As such, my Saga advanced, but the chain would not. I had to abandon the quest, run it again, then I got the completion.

Mysteria_Sdrassa
11-09-2014, 07:02 PM
@ Cordovan

That would be great. I know it may not be a big deal to some,, but it is rather annoying to wander back into the Fens to collect a few pearls and see him standing up there with his "uncompleted/advanced quest symbol" hanging over his head instead of a blue challace. And then remember there is a quest in my journal that has been a long time waiting to be closed out.
Otherwise,, great game. :) Hope to be playing it for a long time to come :)

Taskmage
11-11-2014, 04:37 AM
Did a GH heroic/hard round yesterday.

For a guildmate
- Madstone Crater
- A Cabal for One
- Feast or Famine
did not register as completed for the npc reward. They did count for the GH saga for him, but not towards the GH chain.
Yes, he did pick up the quests (Cabal/Madstone), and he still had those two open after we did them.

The quests worked for me however (NPC reward, saga and chain).

johnzorn
11-23-2014, 07:59 AM
Just finished inferno of the damned on epic norm and can't complete turn in for end reward. It is the same quest giver as the heroic version, right?

Krelar
11-23-2014, 09:35 AM
Just finished inferno of the damned on epic norm and can't complete turn in for end reward. It is the same quest giver as the heroic version, right?

No, the epic quests have different quest givers. Look to the west of the raid entrance. You'll have to go get the quests from them and run it again.