PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) Monday, October 27th

Cordovan
10-24-2014, 03:16 PM
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened. Thank you, and we'll see you in the game!

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Monday, October 27th from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for an update to the game. Additionally, the DDO Forums will be brought down for maintenance from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon! Patch notes will be available during the downtime.

Blackheartox
10-24-2014, 03:27 PM
Just a little question, will the barb proposed changes make it in this patch or are they reserved for a latter date?

trevitt
10-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Update????? Any ideas anyone?

Grosbeak07
10-24-2014, 03:39 PM
Patch, not update. They use the word "update" because they are likely changing the code of the game in some way, but it's stupid and gives the wrong impression.

LeoLionxxx
10-24-2014, 03:40 PM
Just a little question, will the barb proposed changes make it in this patch or are they reserved for a latter date?

The barb changes are still in the alpha stage, and are only scheduled for release with U24. I know some of them look great, but we must be patient :D

Cordovan
10-24-2014, 03:45 PM

The barbarian enhancement changes are slated for a future update (most likely Update 24). This patch includes an expansion of the Mirror of Glamering to include docents and shields, along with a bunch of fixes and improvements. We'll have the Release Notes published on Monday morning.

raclaw
10-24-2014, 04:47 PM
The barbarian enhancement changes are slated for a future update (most likely Update 24). This patch includes an expansion of the Mirror of Glamering to include docents and shields, along with a bunch of fixes and improvements. We'll have the Release Notes published on Monday morning.

No Mirror for weapons??

Cordovan
10-24-2014, 05:14 PM
No Mirror for weapons??

We're continuing to look into how best to add particle effects to cosmetic weapons, but do indeed plan to release them as soon as they are ready.

Gratch
10-24-2014, 07:22 PM
Any lag fixes?
Hireling STAY HERE fix?
Raid scripting lag fix?
Brings the instance to its knees fix/change for Orchard or Thunderholme explorer areas? Some sort of mob cap... even though I like the kills... the freezes I don't like... and I'm guessing it botches up other instances on that same server.
Any way to put crystal cove on it's own servers so it doesn't smash up other people's instances when the gate goes down?

Also... thanks to devs for all the communication on PRE updates. Also the once in a long while content dev journal.

Though I'd really like to hear a Q&A with one of your Server Ops and Perf Monitoring/Tools peoples (person?). How are the servers setup. What OS/specs? How many instances per server. How do they catch, freeze, and diagnose server process lockups for engine devs to review. How does Turbine with a single farm segregate LotR, DDO and IC bandwidth from choking each other. ETC.

ForgettableNPC
10-24-2014, 08:34 PM
There are two biggest things I hope that gets patched with this...well, patch:

A) Will the pre-Level 24 Swashbucklers from Crystal Cove ever have the new Riposte instead of Parrying they have now like on the Level 24 one? Or will they still have Parrying forever and the Riposte will only be available on the lv 24 one?

B) Will this fix the "Floors that break down, but don't look like they broke down at all in the first place, causing lots of confusion for many people and especially in the Crucible in the early part of the Test of Instinct where some people can see where the floor has broken and where hasn't, and some people only see a complete, intact floor, involving many instances of trials-and-errors?

LrdSlvrhnd
10-24-2014, 10:02 PM
We're continuing to look into how best to add particle effects to cosmetic weapons, but do indeed plan to release them as soon as they are ready.

I vote with an option to turn them off. Sometimes I just want a plain ol' sword, especially if it's a cool one (there are some DAxes with gold filigree that are awesome, but you can't SEE them because of all the effects; Celestia makes me suspect it'd look like a lightsaber; SoS is distinctive; the Star of Day from the EStar cleric trader is made of gold and I want to see that; etc.)

dakkon75
10-24-2014, 10:07 PM

Oh no! I don't know how many are in the changes, but I really liked the fact that there wasn't any particle effects on Lammania. I liked the way some base weapons look and I wanted my weapon to look like that.

Draz

goodspeed
10-25-2014, 12:50 AM
Patch, not update. They use the word "update" because they are likely changing the code of the game in some way, but it's stupid and gives the wrong impression.

That's what I was thinking when I turned on the launcher. I saw the word update and thought... another one this quick? Can't be. So here I am verifying.

skorpeon
10-25-2014, 02:12 AM
That's what I was thinking when I turned on the launcher. I saw the word update and thought... another one this quick? Can't be. So here I am verifying.

some of us are having trouble getting into the game so I guess that is an issue that is kinda pressing?

janave
10-25-2014, 05:31 AM
Alchemical gear is a good example where the particles arent really making a better impression, the bases are often really nice looking.

AdamSmith
10-26-2014, 05:52 PM
Is the default server being switched after the update? (currently it's sarlona).

Dj_Fisty
10-27-2014, 06:19 AM
Hopefully they fix the Lag & Monks earth stance with Epic Des (Strength Of Vitality) so it doesn't make them lose hp. reported this like awhile ago.
But I have to say, you guys bring in more and more raids, but undetected lag (lag that doesn't even REG on meter) on server is on the rise. People blame CC but truth is that the lag was happening without CC being open (1 instance and cove closed for 1 - 2 hrs) so sry people not a CC issue, I'd consider it a Raid issue.

Smythe-Tech
10-27-2014, 06:51 AM
Any chance we can get those Patch notes yet. Or do I need to wait bit longer? :p

baylensman
10-27-2014, 08:18 AM
Hmmm I say someone at Turbine spies out my work schedule, and does these things on the days when Girl friends is at work my chores are done and I have a day off> ARRGGHH My only other option now is to sit outside in the 80' sunshine and polish my motorcycle (SIGH!)

Cordovan
10-27-2014, 08:40 AM
Release Notes (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-23-patch-1-release-notes) are up, as are the new Known Issues. Just a reminder that DDO.com will be down from 10:00 AM until 12:00 PM Eastern today. If the game servers reopen prior to the web site becoming available again, please check our social networks (Twitter, Facebook, Google+) for that information. Thanks!

HuneyMunster
10-27-2014, 08:56 AM
"The Assassin's Venomed Blades enhancement no longer prevents sneak attacks."

Is that what was causing double assassination attempts to auto fail when target does not have aggro on another target. Also was this causing assassinate to auto fail if monsters are looking for you, but has no idea where you are? Similar to how it was preventing assassinates a while back before a fix.

Or was this just a fix that prevented some sneak attacks from non-assassinations attacks?

DANTEIL
10-27-2014, 09:05 AM
Hirelings and Pets
Hirelings will now resurrect allies automatically when possible. It is also now possible to specify a hireling to resurrect during combat, or wait until combat has ended.
It is now possible to disable the pause in movement a hireling does when someone in the party is hit by a trap.
Hirelings told to stay put will no longer follow players after combat.
More hirelings that can heal themselves will no longer ask to be healed.
Melee hirelings told to stand their ground in a spot will no longer help their master when their master gets hit.
Hirelings now respond better to debuffs and spells.
Hirelings will now respond more quickly to companions being hurt.
Hirelings with Repair will now repair Iron Defenders.
Players can now customize the AI of their Iron Defenders and Druid Companions.
Iron Defenders with the Hunter of Boxes enhancement will now break boxes more reliably. If a character's Iron Defender stops breaking boxes, the player can press the "come to me" button on their hireling bar, after which point the Defender should once again break boxes.

Just like the previous Hireling AI changes, these all *sound* great, but I'll be interested to see how and if they work in practice. Call me cynical.

I also don't see any adjustment to the post-"come to me" cooldown.

And these seem contradictory:

Melee hirelings told to stand their ground in a spot will no longer help their master when their master gets hit.
Hirelings will now respond more quickly to companions being hurt.

No wonder hirelings are confused. (yes, I see the first applies to melee hirelings only, but still)

Dj_Fisty
10-27-2014, 09:08 AM
Welp, my hopes have been crushed.............

You should ADD This To Known Issues.. "Monks - Earth Stance Makes The Epic Destiny "Unyielding Sentinel" Innate Hp Boosts Not Take Effect And Also "Strength of Vitality" Not To Take Effect. I Have Bug Reported It Many Times In The Last YEAR.

*Cries*

Guess My Monk Sitting In The Corner Till This Glitched Fixed...

patang01
10-27-2014, 09:10 AM
Just like the previous Hireling AI changes, these all *sound* great, but I'll be interested to see how and if they work in practice. Call me cynical.

No wonder hirelings are confused. (yes, I see the first applies to melee hirelings only, but still)

I really hope it doesn't mean that we went from hirelings moving regardless to not doing anything. Because if they can't even defend the area they're told to stop, they're useless. This is a common tactic in challenges where I use either hirelings or things like pets, panthers or the owl bear to defend the home base. The bug with them running to you regardless broke that and made the tactic impossible. And not it might even be to the opposite.

FranOhmsford
10-27-2014, 09:14 AM

I just don't understand why the Devs have specified "melee" hirelings at all here?

How many people actually even USE melee hirelings?

When I park my Cleric or FvS hire I DO NOT want said Cleric or FvS hire to come charging towards me the next time I get hit!

BTW - I noticed earlier while running Tangleroot with Aunidil that she attempted to use the shrine TWICE while low on sp BUT I moved away and engaged some Wolves and she came running back over WITHOUT using the shrine!
I DIDN'T EVEN TAKE ANY DAMAGE!!!

The Hireling fixes are mutually exclusive and the Hirelings are going stir crazy!

Cordovan
10-27-2014, 09:19 AM
Just a quick note on the initial release notes: A release note meant for Update 24 snuck into the patch notes. The note in question has to do with the Abbot's Energy Burst spell not currently having a saving throw. This spell in The Mark of Death raid will get a saving through for Update 24. I've now removed this note from the Release Notes.

Dj_Fisty
10-27-2014, 09:25 AM
All I have to say is

More hirelings that can heal themselves will no longer ask to be healed.

Is this really an issue compared to the other issues?

Rys
10-27-2014, 09:40 AM
Mentau's Plaht Device debuff no longer persists until the player re-logs into the game.

I am impressed.

Anthitin
10-27-2014, 11:01 AM
12:00 EST and not open. No updates on Facebook or the logon screen. Anyone heard anything?

Cordovan
10-27-2014, 11:03 AM
The game worlds have reopened. Thank you, and we'll see you in the game!

skorpeon
10-27-2014, 11:05 AM
12:00 EST and not open. No updates on Facebook or the logon screen. Anyone heard anything?

waiting or do i have another problem? could be the clocks have changed?

opps trying to log in now

getting update error occured, server connection timed out.

I will shut my computer down and restart in case.

Wulverine
10-27-2014, 11:06 AM

Patch server is down.

Cordovan
10-27-2014, 11:08 AM
Patch server is down.

Sorry about that, working on it.

moomooprincess
10-27-2014, 11:09 AM
Cannot get past patch server timing out

donblas
10-27-2014, 11:09 AM

Really????

Leatherneck
10-27-2014, 11:10 AM
Sorry about that, working on it.

Haha, love it.

supott
10-27-2014, 11:11 AM
test

Ganak
10-27-2014, 11:12 AM
We good!

Patching away...

SymphonicTheory
Just went Through thx for the fix!

moomooprincess
Patching away, on iterations

Cordovan
10-27-2014, 11:16 AM
We have now reopened the worlds to players and enabled the ability to patch up game clients. Thanks, and we will see you in the game!

LXP
10-27-2014, 11:17 AM
Yup, works now. Thanks a lot.

Valthanas
10-27-2014, 11:19 AM
How many people are yelling "GO! GO! GO!" at the little green bar?

/raises hand

supott
10-27-2014, 11:21 AM
im loving this new ability so far

Spoonwelder
10-27-2014, 11:30 AM
im loving this new ability so far
First....huh?

Second

Eveningstar

There is now a General Vendor in Eveningstar.

Huzzah to the barkeep - I am hoping it has potions if not.....:( I hate having to go back to House K for haste pots and other quickly consumed stuff.

Aishana
10-27-2014, 11:32 AM
I'd certainly love to be in the game right now, but my launcher has been hanging on "Checking dat files" for the past five minutes. Weeeeee.

Buddha5440
10-27-2014, 11:46 AM

Seriously??? You post this 1 Minute after the time frame given for the update... Take a breath and re-evaluate your priorities.

Violith
10-27-2014, 01:36 PM
not seeing it on the known issue list, but is anyone looking into the Thunderforge throwing weapons? They currently dont work (atleast the throwing axe doesnt) in certain spots.

Cordovan
10-27-2014, 02:57 PM
Unfortunately, another one of our Release Notes has been quelled:

The Mark of Death

Intercession Ward now blocks the Aura of Intercession.

This fix didn't make it into the patch, and will be removed from the Release Notes shortly. This fix should be in Update 24.

NoLeftEye
10-27-2014, 03:07 PM
While patching,

During the download of dndclient.exe, right around 46%, it will fail with the following:

Unknown Error 0xffffffff80043012.

Restarted client couple times with no behavior change.

Any ideas anyone?

UurlockYgmeov
10-27-2014, 03:19 PM
Unfortunately, another one of our Release Notes has been quelled:

The Mark of Death

Intercession Ward now blocks the Aura of Intercession.

This fix didn't make it into the patch, and will be removed from the Release Notes shortly. This fix should be in Update 24.

Darn Quells Strike Again!

LrdSlvrhnd
10-27-2014, 03:42 PM
I just don't understand why the Devs have specified "melee" hirelings at all here?

How many people actually even USE melee hirelings?

I use 'em all the time, because they're gold seal and free. Summon the panther and owlbears in the wildy, let 'em move for a bit, and then park 'em in an attempt to increase spawns in KF a teeny bit. Or park 'em at a respawn point while I continue on. Not to mention my arti's dog or my druid's wolf. Sometimes I want a little bit of extra muscle, but I want 'em to stay out of a particular fight (going up against something with instakill, for instance, because I don't trust them to have DB). Sometimes I just want something handy to come grab my stone and follow me back to a shrine, just in case.

I'm more concerned with whether 1) AI customization is now persistent; and 2) if parked melee hires will actually defend a spot, or if they'll still try to do ranged (I'm guessing most melee, and certainly the gold-seal animals, don't have ranged).

Panzermeyer
10-28-2014, 12:29 PM
Release Notes (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-23-patch-1-release-notes) are up, as are the new Known Issues. Just a reminder that DDO.com will be down from 10:00 AM until 12:00 PM Eastern today. If the game servers reopen prior to the web site becoming available again, please check our social networks (Twitter, Facebook, Google+) for that information. Thanks!

The release notes talk about fixes to the hirelings that clearly have not been effective (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/450838-BUG-Hireling-Fixes-are-not-working), and I wonder if they were even tested before they where put in the release notes.