PDA

View Full Version : i would like to turn off precise shot.

dontmater
10-23-2014, 09:07 PM
i know i can turn off archer's focus.... i do enjoy when i dont have precise shot, but it is needed for improved precise shot. so if it wont break anything, i think it would be a neat thing to do, just make precise shot togglable

Mindos
10-23-2014, 09:14 PM
i know i can turn off archer's focus.... i do enjoy when i dont have precise shot, but it is needed for improved precise shot. so if it wont break anything, i think it would be a neat thing to do, just make precise shot togglable

Precise shot lets you hit the target you have selected, passing thru others to hit it.

So if you don't want to use it, eh, ummm, just target something else?

Improved Precise Shot hits all the targets in a line to the one you target, and this can be toggled off and on.

Not sure want you want/need here...

dontmater
10-23-2014, 09:23 PM
well thank you mr helper..
i said what i wanted. and i know what the shots do.

blerkington
10-23-2014, 09:46 PM
Hi,

Both PS and IPS can be toggled on or off.

You can even have both of them off at the same time.

Thanks.

dontmater
10-23-2014, 09:57 PM
Hi,

Thanks.

nope, IP can be turned off not precise shot, archers focus can be turned on or off. not precise shot
thanks for answering astrican, you are one of the great ones.

BOgre
10-23-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm not clear on what you're wanting either. Can you describe a scenario where it's desirable to have a mob targeted, but have your missiles intercepted by other passing mobs? And isn't it just as fast, or faster, to simply click, or otherwise target, the mob you WANT to hit, as it would be to click/unclick a hotbarred Precise Shot icon?

dontmater
10-23-2014, 10:30 PM
I'm not clear on what you're wanting either. Can you describe a scenario where it's desirable to have a mob targeted, but have your missiles intercepted by other passing mobs? And isn't it just as fast, or faster, to simply click, or otherwise target, the mob you WANT to hit, as it would be to click/unclick a hotbarred Precise Shot icon?

i want to turn precise shot off.. that is all. if you play a toon without it and like it you would understand why someone might want it.

moo_cow
10-23-2014, 10:34 PM

Lol what? Why would you want that to not be on, that makes zero sense. If you are targeting a guy at the back and want to hit the guys at the front then right click your mouse, problem solved. Better yet, have Improved Precise Shot on. Seriously I can't possibly figure out a reason why you wouldn't want that on. Precise shot will go through mobs until it hits the mob you are targeting, so change targets if need be or use IPS.

I feel like you just wanted to make this thread to confuse people about what precise shot actually does.

dontmater
10-23-2014, 10:40 PM
Lol what? Why would you want that to not be on, that makes zero sense. If you are targeting a guy at the back and want to hit the guys at the front then right click your mouse, problem solved. Better yet, have Improved Precise Shot on. Seriously I can't possibly figure out a reason why you wouldn't want that on. Precise shot will go through mobs until it hits the mob you are targeting, so change targets if need be or use IPS.

I feel like you just wanted to make this thread to confuse people about what precise shot actually does.

as yoda would say. that is why YOU fail. some peoples kids i tell ya

moo_cow
10-23-2014, 10:46 PM
as yoda would say. that is why YOU fail. some peoples kids i tell ya

Seriously provide me with one reasonable time when you would want to run with it off.

dontmater
10-23-2014, 10:50 PM
Seriously provide me with one reasonable time when you would want to run with it off.

if you cant think of when you would want it off.. then you fail. BUT if someone does not have IP yet.. stop and think about it.. ill give you more time.. .

moo_cow
10-23-2014, 10:52 PM
if you cant think of when you would want it off.. then you fail. BUT if someone does not have IP yet.. stop and think about it.. ill give you more time.. .

That's what I figured...

dontmater
10-23-2014, 10:59 PM
hey how do you block? i forget ahh nevermind i got it.

BOgre
10-23-2014, 11:07 PM

Well, YOU were the one coming here and asking for help... Being rude to us about asking for clarification just makes it less likely we'll care to help you next time. Now the question moves from why you'd want to turn it off to why you'd want to keep the reason a secret. Why be obtuse? Just explain the situation already, or let the thread die. You already know that PS can't be turned off, except by visiting Fred I guess.

dontmater
10-23-2014, 11:14 PM
Well, YOU were the one coming here and asking for help... Being rude to us about asking for clarification just makes it less likely we'll care to help you next time. Now the question moves from why you'd want to turn it off to why you'd want to keep the reason a secret. Why be obtuse? Just explain the situation already, or let the thread die. You already know that PS can't be turned off, except by visiting Fred I guess.

Im sorry i guess i thought "Suggestions & IdeasPost your suggestions and ideas here!"

when did i ask for help?... stop....think... ill give you time

blerkington
10-23-2014, 11:22 PM
nope, IP can be turned off not precise shot, archers focus can be turned on or off. not precise shot
thanks for answering astrican, you are one of the great ones.

Hi,

Yes, you are right about this. Sorry for the bad advice.

For some reason I thought toggling archer's focus off also toggled PS off, but that was wrong.

Take care.

peng
10-23-2014, 11:24 PM
I'm guessing that he just wants to hit the closest mob. In keymapping, you can hotkey 'select nearest combat target'. Not sure if that has something keyed to it initially. Alternatively, you can target yourself or any non-attackable target and you'll shoot where you're aiming (this is only really practical with mouselook).

dontmater
10-23-2014, 11:27 PM
Hi,

Yes, you are right about this. Sorry for the bad advice.

For some reason I thought toggling archer's focus off also toggled PS off, but that was wrong.

Take care.

100% no worries Astrican. as you can see my idea in the "Suggestions & Ideas " has turned into a cluster fork of people trying to "help" when help is not needed.

Impaqt
10-23-2014, 11:46 PM
this would be a complete waste of time for the devs to implement. the person that is requesting it cant even explain why he wants it.

dontmater
10-24-2014, 12:16 AM
this would be a complete waste of time for the devs to implement. the person that is requesting it cant even explain why he wants it.

what part of i would like to turn it off don't people understand?

i would like it turned off because... i don't want to use it.. it's a free feat and needed for improved precise shot. if you need to know what precise shot does..

http://ddowiki.com/page/Precise_Shot

and

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/turn%20off

moo_cow
10-24-2014, 12:40 AM

i would like it turned off because... i don't want to use it.. it's a free feat and needed for improved precise shot. if you need to know what precise shot does..

and

Because that makes no sense as to why you would want to turn it off....

oradafu
10-24-2014, 12:46 AM

1) Push 'T' on your keyboard.
2) Now aim somewhere with the 'O' in the middle of the screen.
3) Click mouse when you want to shoot something.
4) Problem solved.

Rys
10-24-2014, 03:24 AM
http://files.sharenator.com/Your_logic_is_flawless_I_tip_my_hat_to_you_sir-s240x360-138603.jpg

Impaqt
10-24-2014, 08:10 AM

and

Thats not a reason. We are just asking for your reasoning.

DeathdefyBeta
10-24-2014, 09:12 AM
This has annoyed me in the past too; I made a thread several billion years ago I can't be bothered digging up.

My reasoning, as primarily a repeating crossbow rather than a bow user, was this:

- It's an 'easy' feat in terms of pre-requisites (no BAB requirement, only needs PBS), so often I find myself forced to pick it up in levels 3 - 6 on feat tight builds.
- At these levels, a single bolt is often killing kobolds / other mobs. (PL power creep makes this even more ridonk if you have 3 ranger, 3 monk, 3 rogue, and 3/3 Enchant Weapon PLs for up to +15 damage per bolt).
- There are often groups of low hp mobs.
- I like to murder multiple kobolds per volley, and usually select things with 'Tab' or right-click rather than using mouse-look with no target in full first person shooter mode.

I appreciate there are weird solutions involving making me actually aim properly and not select a hard target, but boo to that.
I usually just eat the inefficiency of wasted bolts, but the inability to toggle it off does annoy me for a level or two until mobs are fat enough for it to be a non-issue.

/signed (but I can see the OP appears realistic about the prospects of this being addressed).

Uska
10-24-2014, 09:38 AM
Hi,

Thanks.

I think you use to be able to turn off both but currently you can only turn off IPS although you can work around not being able to turn off PS I can agree with the OP being able to turn it off would be convenient

JamesNiels
10-24-2014, 07:02 PM
This has annoyed me in the past too; I made a thread several billion years ago I can't be bothered digging up.

My reasoning, as primarily a repeating crossbow rather than a bow user, was this:

- It's an 'easy' feat in terms of pre-requisites (no BAB requirement, only needs PBS), so often I find myself forced to pick it up in levels 3 - 6 on feat tight builds.
- At these levels, a single bolt is often killing kobolds / other mobs. (PL power creep makes this even more ridonk if you have 3 ranger, 3 monk, 3 rogue, and 3/3 Enchant Weapon PLs for up to +15 damage per bolt).
- I like to murder multiple kobolds per volley, and usually select things with 'Tab' or right-click rather than using mouse-look with no target in full first person shooter mode.

I appreciate there are weird solutions involving making me actually aim properly and not select a hard target, but boo to that.
I usually just eat the inefficiency of wasted bolts, but the inability to toggle it off does annoy me for a level or two until mobs are fat enough for it to be a non-issue.

/signed (but I can see the OP appears realistic about the prospects of this being addressed).

Wow thanks so much for clearing that up! Reading this thread my curiousity as to the OP's motives took on astronomical proportions.

OP, leave the poor devs alone there are uncountable problems in this game that should be adressed first. And do you really want them to change it for you? Like 95% of the people who replied to this thread have no clue as to why u would
even want this. Its gonna break for that 95% too when the devs attempt to change it. Besides like suggested u can just unselect everything and use mouse look (right mouse button in my game) and get the same effect, and probably even be able to kill stuff more efficiently with some practice.

Tscheuss
10-24-2014, 07:43 PM
1) Push 'T' on your keyboard.
2) Now aim somewhere with the 'O' in the middle of the screen.
3) Click mouse when you want to shoot something.
4) Problem solved.

^^This. You turn off Precise Shot by NOT using Auto-target. :)

Tscheuss
10-24-2014, 07:48 PM

Okay, that makes sense. This is the same approach I use to break groups of crates, and I would find it annoying if PS worked on crates like it does on mobs. :)

nibel
10-25-2014, 11:09 AM

As a lover of ranged playstyle in every game I can range, thanks for the clarification. I solved this issue carrying a ML1 great xbow for those mobs that die in one hit. It also made me happy with the huge numbers great xbow have (repeaters have awesome rate of fire, but great xbow numbers are not bad if all you want is a solid hit on low levels).