PDA

View Full Version : Asking for suggestions level 20 gear for etrs

kmoustakas
10-23-2014, 12:38 PM
I'm running this wf artie and I etr him a lot. When I do, I actually stay at 20 for a while to farm heroic challenge mats and some cute wilderness' before collecting sagas and slayers. So I'm really paying attention to my level 20 gear set up. I have no particular build or destiny preference since I ETR and that allows me to mess up with things. Currently I'm going ranged with adamantine body and so far it's awesome :D

What I want is suggestions or your version of the gears.

Max level 20 gear
Tharne's googles with alchemical ritual saves
Dread admiral's tricone helmet with superior false life and balance +10
Bracers of wind level 15 tier 3
Pale green ioun stone
Ring of master artificer level 20 tier 3 slotted with repair +11 and heavy fortification
Ring of stalker level 20 tier 2 with colourless slot (don't want to go tier 3 here)
Illusionist gloves elite slotted with exceptional intelligence +1
Necklace deadly +6 with yellow slot, thinking about deathblock there.
Spare hand belt level 20 tier 3 slotted with good luck +2 and constitution +6
Supreme tyrant cloak of cooncordant opposition +10 +15 +20 hp
Red dragon docent slotted with spellcraft +11 and prr +12
Treads of shadow boots level 18
Toven's hammer runearm fully upgraded with crafted mobility of kinetic lore IV or Archaic device, depending on enemy.

Thinking already:
I could upgrade the repeater to tier 3 so I can slot impulse 90 for blade barrier and lightning immune mobs archaic device. The aoe is of no consequence really. Reason I'm not is the cannith quests where adamantine bypass is really usefull and I run then around level 18 when I do regular tr. Red dragon helmet so fire energy burst goes more boom. Will have to slot hp +30 so I loose 10 hp which is nothing really. But that involves me finding a red dragon helmet...
Rock boots level 15 tier 3 instead of Treads. Don't really need dexterity and I get ghostly from ring.
I will slot +6 resistance somewhere.

Livmo
10-23-2014, 12:56 PM
The Silver Slinger (http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Silver_Slinger) is a great ETR xbow, but it's one flaw is that it doesn't have Ghost Touch on it. However, it makes a great ETR weapon if you slot a Ruby of Ghostbane (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Ruby_of_Ghostbane) into it. Too bad the bane damage doesn't stack.

Singular
10-24-2014, 12:49 PM
For levels 20-22, Alchemical xbows are great. The highest dps one is fire-earth-fire, earth-earth-earth is a nice CC one, as is ice-ice-ice (and situationally nice). Failing that, the tier 2 versions are good from level 18, GS from level 12.

I personally believe the GS +++ beats out the Silver Slinger, but that's because I prefer my undead destroyed rather than slowed :) It's also a super easy GS xbow to make - only takes 1 Supreme Shard.

Uh...otherwise, seems like you have a good set up. I like the Tinkerer's set for bonuses to disabling, searching, etc. The Crystal Cove Epic Spyglass is nice at level 20. Why don't you want to make your Epic Ring of the Stalker tier 3?

unbongwah
10-24-2014, 02:10 PM
The Silver Slinger (http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Silver_Slinger) is a great ETR xbow, but it's one flaw is that it doesn't have Ghost Touch on it.
Pair it with an eStalker Ring (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Ring_of_the_Stalker) (at least T2) like the OP: Ghostly, Manslayer, Seeker +6, Insightful SA, and 1 or 2 augment slots.

One perk of Silver Slinger is that since it does blunt dmg, it should benefit from Pulverizer in LD, making grinding out your Martial EDs on an arty that much better. :)

Livmo
10-24-2014, 05:20 PM
For levels 20-22, Alchemical xbows are great. The highest dps one is fire-earth-fire, earth-earth-earth is a nice CC one, as is ice-ice-ice (and situationally nice). Failing that, the tier 2 versions are good from level 18, GS from level 12.

I personally believe the GS +++ beats out the Silver Slinger, but that's because I prefer my undead destroyed rather than slowed :) It's also a super easy GS xbow to make - only takes 1 Supreme Shard.

Uh...otherwise, seems like you have a good set up. I like the Tinkerer's set for bonuses to disabling, searching, etc. The Crystal Cove Epic Spyglass is nice at level 20. Why don't you want to make your Epic Ring of the Stalker tier 3?

An alchemical would be nice to have in general.

However, pair the Epic Silver Slinger with a Ruby of Ghostbane in it with the Hand of Tombs rune arm crafted to 20.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Disrupting_Weapons

Works great in Haunted Halls. I will have to try your GS suggestion with the Hand of Tombs in HH and compare at some point (drat I just made googles.)

Livmo
10-24-2014, 05:26 PM
Pair it with an eStalker Ring (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Ring_of_the_Stalker) (at least T2) like the OP: Ghostly, Manslayer, Seeker +6, Insightful SA, and 1 or 2 augment slots.

One perk of Silver Slinger is that since it does blunt dmg, it should benefit from Pulverizer in LD, making grinding out your Martial EDs on an arty that much better. :)

I can always use another seeker item and the stalker ring would go great with my current set-up. I use the ring slot as one of my switchable slots.I might pair that with these to boost my seeker to 8, http://ddowiki.com/images/Finished_Tinker%27s_Gloves.png.

Basically swap out Ring of Bucaneer for Stalker and switch gloves.

sgz
11-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Max level 20 gear
Tharne's googles with alchemical ritual saves
Dread admiral's tricone helmet with superior false life and balance +10
Bracers of wind level 15 tier 3
Pale green ioun stone
Ring of master artificer level 20 tier 3 slotted with repair +11 and heavy fortification
Ring of stalker level 20 tier 2 with colourless slot (don't want to go tier 3 here)
Illusionist gloves elite slotted with exceptional intelligence +1
Necklace deadly +6 with yellow slot, thinking about deathblock there.
Spare hand belt level 20 tier 3 slotted with good luck +2 and constitution +6
Supreme tyrant cloak of cooncordant opposition +10 +15 +20 hp
Red dragon docent slotted with spellcraft +11 and prr +12
Treads of shadow boots level 18
Toven's hammer runearm fully upgraded with crafted mobility of kinetic lore IV or Archaic device, depending on enemy.

Thinking already:
I could upgrade the repeater to tier 3 so I can slot impulse 90 for blade barrier and lightning immune mobs archaic device. The aoe is of no consequence really. Reason I'm not is the cannith quests where adamantine bypass is really usefull and I run then around level 18 when I do regular tr. Red dragon helmet so fire energy burst goes more boom. Will have to slot hp +30 so I loose 10 hp which is nothing really. But that involves me finding a red dragon helmet...
Rock boots level 15 tier 3 instead of Treads. Don't really need dexterity and I get ghostly from ring.
I will slot +6 resistance somewhere.

L20-L23 (swaps at L24)
- Con-Opp Goggles (Wis+6,150sp,blindness ward, CHA+ skills)
- Epic Ring of Stalker Tier 3 ( +6 STR / Feather Fall )
- Epic Ring of Artificer Tier 3 ( +6 CHA / PRR +12 )
- Epic Spare Hand Tier 3 ( +6 CON / GFL+30 ) or ( SmokeII +45 hp ) or xxxx
- Epic Spyglass Tier 3 ( Good Luck +2 )
- Epic Bracers of Wind Tier3 ( EX CHA +1 / +6 DEX )
- ( Min2 +45 hp ) or ( PDK Glove ) or xxxx
- Epic Diabolist Docent ( EX INT +1 / Resist +6 )
- Torc or Golden Guile
- Boots of Propulsion or ( Rock Boots Tier 3 ( Striding +30 / Jump +11 ))
- Elite Jeweled Cloak ( +5% XP / Death Block )
- xxxx ( Helmet )
- xxxx ( Rune Arm )

The above combination gives:

STR +6 / DEX +6 / CON +6 / WIS +6 / INT +10 / CHA +7
Deathblock / Blindness Ward / ArchMagi / FeatherFall / Striding+30
+5% XP / Spot +20 / Search +20 / OL +15 / DD +15 / Jump +11(15) / Tactics +5 / UMD +3 (stacking) / CHA skills +6
Blurry / True Seeing / Good Luck +2 / Resist +6 / Elem INH resists 5
+45 HP (Stacking) / +150 SP (Stacking)

The Helmet and Rune Arm ( as well as glove/belt ) can vary, depending on Class combination/quests being run, more STR/CON
and whether Acid/Force/Elec is being used.

Mostly INT focused (with Harper Tree ) so the ( +7 INT +1 EX INT +2 INS INT ) really matters.

Singular
11-07-2014, 08:49 PM
An alchemical would be nice to have in general.

However, pair the Epic Silver Slinger with a Ruby of Ghostbane in it with the Hand of Tombs rune arm crafted to 20.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Disrupting_Weapons

Works great in Haunted Halls. I will have to try your GS suggestion with the Hand of Tombs in HH and compare at some point (drat I just made googles.)

I've never really used that combo in epic, but I have done the +++ and Hand in Sands, at level, and it's wonderful. Everything just evaporates. In EE, I usually just rely on dps b/c disruption only kills them once they're below 1000 hp - and by the time you get to HH or Thunderholme, you're doing more than that per volley.