PDA

View Full Version : sooo. i usually run around in the stalwart tree

Jastarn
10-15-2014, 08:14 AM
so my dps is sub par (pally 18 ftr 2, vanguard decided it would take the fighter lvls instead of pally so not really an option :()

i respecced into kotc, and ran LoD on EN (ik not impressive but i don't have ED's and its a first life toon). I absolutely stomped it :D, I felt like i could actually DO something for pretty much the first time since rolling this character.

soo happy right now omg

Fenwulf
10-15-2014, 08:21 AM
Curious what you meant by Vanguard taking fighter levels instead of pally? It should have both, a Vanguard tree for paladin and fighter (you may have to pull it up from selection) the pally one should allow you to take all but the capstone.

Jastarn
10-15-2014, 08:54 AM
i checked, and i only have the vanguard version.

Enoach
10-15-2014, 09:19 AM
There is only one vanguard tree and it is shared by paladin and fighter classes.

By not being 20 of either class you will not qualify for the capstone, but because you are 18 Paladin you do qualify for all the other enhancements and up to the level 18 Core.

The Fighter levels do get you 2 Fighter Feats and access to Fighter Enhancements to at least the 2nd Tier.

bennyson
10-15-2014, 09:35 AM
Paladin and Fighter SHARE the same tree

They should read Vanguard (Pal) and Vanguard (Ftr) or similar.

If you were going for a pure pally, you'll never going to get either capstones now until you +2 LR or TR.

second, could you possibly upload a screen shot of your enhancement trees so we can get a deeper insight into this weirdness? (Enhancements spent/picked are discarded, I only wish to see the number of trees you have available.)

Jastarn
10-15-2014, 01:17 PM
I can't upload a screenshot because my computer won't even let me take a screenshot bc its terrible, but I have access to these trees

Human
Kensai (Ftr)
Stalwart Defender (Ftr)
Vanguard (Ftr)
Sacred Defender (Pal)
Knight of the Chalice (Pal)
Harper Agent (not bought)

Phoenix-daBard
10-15-2014, 01:40 PM
I can't upload a screenshot because my computer won't even let me take a screenshot bc its terrible, but I have access to these trees

Human
Kensai (Ftr)
Stalwart Defender (Ftr)
Vanguard (Ftr)
Sacred Defender (Pal)

If you put points in the Vanguard (Ftr) then you lockout the Pal version. I do not know if resetting all your enhancements will fix that for you.

Dandonk
10-15-2014, 01:50 PM

Human
Kensai (Ftr)
Stalwart Defender (Ftr)
Vanguard (Ftr)
Sacred Defender (Pal)

By clicking the name of one/any of the trees, you may get a drop-down menu. This will include any trees that are not room for on the UI window.

unbongwah
10-15-2014, 02:03 PM
If you have zero APs spent in a PrE, there should be a dropdown menu at the bottom next to the PrE's name. This lets you change which PrE is displayed in that pane.

https://www.ddo.com/sites/default/files/BlankTree2.jpg

Jastarn
10-15-2014, 10:14 PM
yes I realize that, and i have checked multiple times, but i simply do not have access to the paladin version of the vanguard tree

Xandez
10-16-2014, 07:57 AM
yes I realize that, and i have checked multiple times, but i simply do not have access to the paladin version of the vanguard tree

If you have put points in the fighter vanguard tree it should show the pally tree, but it wont let you put any pts into it.
It can ofc bug so it doest show up.

Have you tried: respec all --> dont spend any points, quit game, relog?

Also referring to your 1st post, i also noticed that the KotC tree brings more to the table than dipping too deep into the SD tree.

unbongwah
10-16-2014, 08:39 AM
Possibly dumb question: have you scrolled the Enhancements window all the way to the right?

Jastarn
10-16-2014, 01:05 PM
Possibly dumb question: have you scrolled the Enhancements window all the way to the right?

Yes, i've checked everywhere and i cant find it :(

but KotC has enough DPS to get me through till i TR

talas300
10-16-2014, 01:53 PM
With 0 ap spent click on the fighter vanguard tree and it should give you the option to switch to the pali version. It wont show up at all while you have the fighter version loaded.

bennyson
10-17-2014, 03:00 PM
Yes, i've checked everywhere and i cant find it :(

but KotC has enough DPS to get me through till i TR

I have two suggestions:

Make a new Paladin character (NO TR, a completely new character)

Or submit a ticket.