PDA

View Full Version : Purple Dragon Knight The Lone Ranger.

Drathsiddh
10-15-2014, 05:35 AM
He's been alone for so long. Eventually death claimed him as nobody took his Soulstone to a Shrine. Thankfully, a Drow Necromancer came and raised him, little did the servant of Lolth realize that when there is an undead Ranger prowling around, there is nothing that he cannot kill.

So this build is an undead Ranger, in vampire, as you have learnt. But since you cannot be undead and fight in DDO without being a Wizard, well....
Level Split: 1Ftr/12Rngr/7Wiz
Utilizing perks from three classes, this build uses some of the best selfhealing. Here is a breakdown:
Fighter: Basic perk; bonus feat.
Ranger: TWF feats, Ranged feats, Tempest additionally grants more off hand proc chance, bringing it to one hundred.
Wizard: Two bonus feats, Vampire form+Imp Shrouding=1 HP regain on every hit, buffs (Rage and Haste)

Now you must be wondering, what is this build?
Well, with 12 levels of ranger, you have a 100% chance to make an attack roll with your off hand, paired with wizard Vampire Form and Improved Shrouding thats a good deal of healing, as if adding icing on a cake, you gain haste as a spell, and haste boost, for a total of 45% attack speed increase, Death Aura, which ticks for a good deal of healing, Negitave Energy Burst, your AOE DPS that also heals you! Spamming Cleaves and Great Cleaves also heals you, plus a Vampire item too.

Alignment: Generally Irrelevant, you may wana go Chaotic Good to gain accesses to all all weapons.
Stat Points (32 point build):
Str: 18+all level ups.
Con: 16
Int: 14
Cha: 10/8*
Wis: 10/8*
Dex: 10/8*
You should be able to hit a good strength W/O much trouble, Rams Might, Rage and Tensers (scrolled).
*Depends on what you want, more Sp and spot, UMD, or a intsy bit of range.
Skills: To taste, keep Heal and Balance maxed.
Feats= 7 Base, 1 Fighter, 2 (3 if you count Magical Training)Wizard, 1 Human 10 Ranger (11 as you should have Deflect Arrows)=21 Heroic feats, 11 choose-able.
In no specific order:
Prof: Kophesh, Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Extend, Oversized Two Weapon Fighting, Imp crit: Slash, Mental Toughness, Imp Mental Toughness, and [taste] (Stunning Blow is OKAY).

Enhancements: 42 MUST go into PM for Imp Shrouding and Vamp Form, atleast 21 into Tempest, leaving us with 17 more AP. I'd rather not waste it on PM or Kensi so I went Ek>PDk for Mage Armour and Shield Sla PRR boosts, tintsy bit of double strike and less ASF.
Spells, LDA, DA, Neg Burst, Haste and Rage are MUSTS. Scorching Ray is nice as it has no saves, Resists are OKAY as the CL is not high enough.....

Saekee
10-15-2014, 09:06 AM
I posted this idea elsewhere (to no interest) so I mention it here: best thing about vampire form is the neg level drain. If you splash monk and use grave wrappings, you will neg level heavily on vorpal hits. Do at least 8 wiz for greater death aura spell. Maybe 12 monk/8 wiz or 6/6/8 monk ranger wiz?
Grave wrappings drain 1-3 levels on a 20. (Life stealing weapons were nerfed because they were draining on crit). Grave wrappings also give a small 35 hp shield which is helpful.
Not sure how to put Taunto into this--maybe the skellie summon?

Drathsiddh
10-16-2014, 09:10 AM
I posted this idea elsewhere (to no interest) so I mention it here: best thing about vampire form is the neg level drain. If you splash monk and use grave wrappings, you will neg level heavily on vorpal hits. Do at least 8 wiz for greater death aura spell. Maybe 12 monk/8 wiz or 6/6/8 monk ranger wiz?
Grave wrappings drain 1-3 levels on a 20. (Life stealing weapons were nerfed because they were draining on crit). Grave wrappings also give a small 35 hp shield which is helpful.
Not sure how to put Taunto into this--maybe the skellie summon?

No monk for me, LOL