PDA

View Full Version : Can't find Steelthorn in Power Play

DavidByron
10-05-2014, 10:34 AM
I've run Power Play a couple of times a while back when I was 16th level and had no problem finding (and beating on normal, getting beaten up on hard by) Steelthorn at the end. Both times the last crystal I destroyed was the one in the room just passed the end big room with two crystals. Steelthorn found me in the corridor as I return to the big room both times. Now I'm level 28 and thought I'd try hard again but I've run it twice and both times no Steelthorn appears. I looked all over for him. I also tried exiting and re-entering the quest, logging off and back in again. I though he might have appeared inside a wall or something but I can't see anything like that and tab doesn't auto target anything I can't see in the big room or corridor on the way to the last crystal. I don't see anything in the wiki about it being hard to find Steelthorn.

Any suggestions? It's kind of a pain as I was hoping to get some Cannith favor.

Krelar
10-05-2014, 10:38 AM
He moves around a lot. If you're solo it's entirely possible to have bad luck and end up run in circles for a long time with him always ending up in a different room from where you are currently. Easiest way is to have a couple people and split up.

General_Gronker
10-06-2014, 07:41 AM
If you can't find him, you just have to keep running around the place like a headless chicken. He's in there somewhere.

Enoach
10-06-2014, 08:09 AM
I found the best way not to have to chase Steelthorn is to clear up to just before the last room on both sides. This leaves the last two crystals in the room where Steelthorn will spawn from. You can then meet him at the bottom of the ramp.

Also he stops at each crystal with his gang of WF. So look for destroyed crystals.