PDA

View Full Version : Since You Are Canceling The Mabar Festival This Year

Lokeal_The_Flame
09-28-2014, 11:33 PM
Since you are canceling the Mabar Festival this year, here is my suggestion....

Every character who has ever ran the Mabar Festival gets an envelope titled "In Remembrance Of The Mabar Festival" when they open it they have the following choices.

*Fully upgrade a Mabar Festival Item

*Special Named Augment Variety Pack

*Wand Of Lucky Pilfering-Cast with this wand before opening a chest to guarantee that all rare named loots that appear exclusively in whatever chest will appear, if a chest is not known to have rare loots then an augment such as Golem's Heart, Draconic Soul Gem, or Ruby Eye Of Righteousness will appear. (3 charges) (Can be sold on the shard exchange)

*Fully Upgrade an item that normally requires a Scroll, Shard, and seal.

*Jar Of Time-Clears all ransacking penalties (50 charges)

Alternative
09-29-2014, 01:23 AM
I must say I've been looking forward to making a nightshield clicky docent for my char that used to be fleshy, so I'm hoping something will be done about mabar loot rather sooner than later.

slarden
09-29-2014, 06:37 AM
Good idea OP.

The only issues with it are:

1) Turbine is very bad at selectively passing out gifts
2) A few of the players are very bad by abusing such gifts with infinite re-use
3) Anytime things are given to players for free the usual suspects bombard the forums with how the gifts have reduced LFMs and player population.

In other words, despite the great idea, it's not worth the trouble for Turbine. Just look at how the great anniversary card idea went south.

Lokeal_The_Flame
09-29-2014, 12:02 PM
Good idea OP.

The only issues with it are:

1) Turbine is very bad at selectively passing out gifts
2) A few of the players are very bad by abusing such gifts with infinite re-use
3) Anytime things are given to players for free the usual suspects bombard the forums with how the gifts have reduced LFMs and player population.

In other words, despite the great idea, it's not worth the trouble for Turbine. Just look at how the great anniversary card idea went south.

None of these ideas include unlimited use though.