PDA

View Full Version : Update 24 Suggestions

Lokeal_The_Flame
09-26-2014, 03:32 PM
Special augments

Sealed Soul Topaz-Grants you immunity to energy drain.

Manslayer Ruby-While wearing this item, your weapon attacks gain the devastating ability to defeat a humanoid opponent with a single decisive blow. On an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit a humanoid target will be killed. Powerful humanoids may resist the vorpal strike and instead take 100 points of damage until they have been sufficiently weakened.

Kardin's Sapphire-When applied to a Kardin's Eye Trinket, this augment absorbs the attributes of Kardin's eye and can then be used to socket another item (Kardin's eye is lost).

Antimagic Ruby-Offensive spells you cast, melee and ranged attacks have a 15% chance to subject the target to a Dispel Magic effect, which may strip them of their magical protections, and will render them unable to cast spells and lose 4 Spell Resistance for 30 seconds.

Ranger's Diamond-You can now breath under water, you now have the effect of feather fall, and you gain the benefit of True Seeing spell.

New Hairstyles for the Shadar-Kai!

The only thing I dislike about the Shadar-Kai would be the hairstyle selection, please make the Drow Hairstyles available for Shadar-Kai Usage.

A festival where upgrade components can be earned (Such as Seals, Shards, and Scrolls)

A new labyrinth type dungeon with riddles, puzzles, and monsters never seen before on DDO along with the ability to pick one rare item as a possible end loot (Choose before entering Dungeon, pay 1 astral shard, choose the quest the rare item drops in, then choose the item from the list, then get a 25% chance to obtain the item you chose.) The Labyrinth should be set at an extreme difficulty as to ensure that not too many people succeed.

JOTMON
09-26-2014, 04:16 PM
Deathward Augment.. permanent deathward.

Hairpieces for Warforged/Bladeforged.. choices are Fabio or Donald Trump.

Warforged battlesuits for halflings.. gives halflings all the benefits of Warforged... some restricted vision while suit is equipped. and controls may not respond accordingly... built by gnomes..

The_Human_Cypher
09-26-2014, 04:20 PM
A new labyrinth type dungeon with riddles, puzzles, and monsters never seen before on DDO along with the ability to pick one rare item as a possible end loot (Choose before entering Dungeon, pay 1 astral shard, choose the quest the rare item drops in, then choose the item from the list, then get a 25% chance to obtain the item you chose.) The Labyrinth should be set at an extreme difficulty as to ensure that not too many people succeed.

The new quest for Update 24 will probably be something along the lines of 'A Study in Sable': free to play, a stand alone, unique and complex, and high quality. I think the developers are planning at least one free to play quest for each end of the year update going forward.

kilagan800
09-27-2014, 05:30 AM
Make Gnome a Playable Race
Add Wizard/Sorc Spells
Update Ranger Spells
Update Threnal
Make Kobold a Playable Race
Make it so that Word of Recall returns the cleric to a shrine during quest instead of someplace useless in House D
Offer Guild Ship Battles
Change the few solo quests in the harbor into full party quests since DDO is about grouping.
Make Korthos Epic
Make Necro 5 for epic levels- 20+
Epic Delera's
Delera's Sega Quests

:D

Nayus
09-27-2014, 02:01 PM
I want as many nerfs as possible. This game ain't fun without nerfs.

Silverleafeon
09-27-2014, 03:22 PM
Lol

Dimwhit1
10-04-2014, 02:43 PM
I'd like to see more full modules like they did with Haunted Halls. Maybe do Castle Amber. That's a classic that needs revisiting. It could be epic, but it would also be cool if it was a low-level full quest (like the original module).

LeoLionxxx
10-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Make it so that Word of Recall returns the cleric to a shrine during quest instead of someplace useless in House D

This is a nice idea.

When cast in a quest (within X) distance of a shrine: gives a buff that does the following:

When cast in a quest and not near a shrine, opens a portal (perhaps the D door graphic) that leads to linked shrine.

Make it so Number 1!

Zachski
10-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Add Wizard/Sorc Spells
Update Ranger Spells
Update Threnal
Offer Guild Ship Battles
Change the few solo quests in the harbor into full party quests since DDO is about grouping.
Make Korthos Epic
Epic Delera's
Delera's Sega Quests

Even-numbered updates are always tweaks and quests. Nothing major ever really gets released for them.

That being said, half of that list would fit.

LeoLionxxx
10-04-2014, 03:25 PM
I'd like to see more full modules like they did with Haunted Halls. Maybe do Castle Amber. That's a classic that needs revisiting. It could be epic, but it would also be cool if it was a low-level full quest (like the original module).

I would like to see some new lower-level quests introduced - spice things up for new and/or TRing players.

As well, I'd like it if we could see more new tech in the older quests, like adding wilderness or magical lore requirements for some objectives.

Something that could be fun is adding a turret crossbow from Haunted Halls to Kobold assault! 200 kobolds gets a bit boring - blasting kobolds with a turret would be awesome!

Krelar
10-04-2014, 03:34 PM
Even-numbered updates are always tweaks and quests. Nothing major ever really gets released for them.

That being said, half of that list would fit.

You might want to look at the even updates for the last couple years.....

Other than quests the following updates offered:

U22 - revamped the guild system, new feats (single weapon fighting, new bard tree.

U20 - Epic reincarnations, xp curve rebalanced

U18 - not very interesting, collectibles turn ins re-balanced

U16 - New epic destiny, astral shards and new auction house

U14 - Menace of the Underdark, new level cap, epic destinies, major changes to all sorts of systems.

PuppiesAndRainbows
10-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Airship change

The only purpose the top deck serves is the buff bar and going to the lower decks.
The lower decks are all pretty much the same, different sizes but basically all the same.

The smaller airships top decks are easier and faster to navigate.
I like the looks of the Stormglory series top decks best.

Change it to where a top deck and lower decks can be purchased individually.

...kinda like a mirror of glamouring for airships

The_Human_Cypher
10-05-2014, 02:57 PM

Castle Amber was for the Mystara campaign world, which is no longer supported by Wizards of the Coast. I'm not sure what approval Turbine would have to go through in order to make that module into a DDO quest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Amber_(module)

moo_cow
10-05-2014, 10:32 PM
add wizard/sorc spells yes
update ranger spells yes
make kobold a playable race yes
:d

yes

Uska
10-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Add Wizard/Sorc Spells
Update Ranger Spells
Update Threnal
Offer Guild Ship Battles
Make Korthos Epic
Epic Delera's
Delera's Sega Quests

Like most of the stuff except guild ship fights and word of recall taking you to,a shrine in the quest

But have a question on the sega quests do,we run around collecting rings in a times manner until we hit a spike? :)

Uska
10-05-2014, 11:56 PM

Rather see the temple of elemental evil or even better of they could do,some of the Judges Guild modules like Tegal Manor

thomassmith2
10-13-2014, 07:20 AM
OK if we are wishing for things for update 24 and beyond here's my top ten:

1) Improve transport spells:

a. Teleport Spell – add Eveningstar marketplace, Wheloon Docks, Ruins of ThunderHome
b. Word of Recall – add Temple of Amaunator in Eveningstar
c. Add Tree Stride to Druids Spells – Teleports to Druid tree near Druid trader in Eveningstar and to tree near auction house in House J

2) Improved list of favored weapons by Deity for Clerics, Favored Souls and Paladins. Add more Forgotten realms deities for iconics (see below)

3) Really “Iconic” Iconic Races: Dwarf Fighter, Wood Elf Ranger, High Elf Wizard, Halfling Rogue, Half-Elf Druid or Bard, Half-Orc Barbarian starting at level 15 in the forgotten realms.

4) Fix Unarmed combat (Monks and to a lesser degree Druids):

a. Change Flurry of Blows to: Flurry of Blows: You gain the two weapon fighting feat.
b. Treat unarmed characters as if they had two bludgeoning “fist” weapons equipped that work with other melee enchantments, two weapon fighting feats and the weapon finesse feat. For Druids change these to two slashing “claw” weapons. Maybe have druids in animal porc an additional piercing “bite” attack as part of their attack routine.
c. Reduce unarmed attack speed to match other attack forms.

5) Fix Druid Bear Form (see above)

6) Fix Sorcerer enhancements:

a. Remove Elemental savant lines and eldritch knight
b. Add three new lines: Dragon Blooded, Fiend Blooded, Fey Blooded
c. Dragon Blooded focuses on elemental damage (pick one) and replaces elemental savants. Grants fast healing and/or healing from elemental damage (to compete with pale masters dominance)
d. Fiend Blooded focuses on summoning (evil outsiders). Grants the ability to transfer damage to summoned creature and/or destroy summoned creature to restore health (see Pale master above)
e. Fey Blooded focuses on enchantment. Can “steal life” from charmed creatures to heal self (see Pale master above)

7) Give the Wizard Arch-mage enhancement tree the ability to add spells form other lists to its spell book (i.e. Some healing spells from Bard/Cleric/Druid list – I really don’t like pale masters and toasters being the only self-sufficient arcanes)

8) Make healing kits restore some health (bases on Heal skill) as right now they are useless in 99% of cases.

9) Add Scroll cases that let you “refill” the scroll in your hand directly from them so you don’t have to have stacks of scrolls in your inventory

10) Give Barbarians fast healing.

Vellrad
10-13-2014, 07:26 AM
Emerald of magicka eternal:
All beneficial spells cast on you gain +20(EN)/+25(EH)/+30(EE) caster level, for the purpose of enemies casting dispel magic, greater dispel magic, mordedakin's disjunction or similiar spells, making your buffs harder to dispel. This item can go only into green augment slot.

Saekee
10-13-2014, 07:57 AM
make the old guild augments slottable in the new ones. All temporary effects, stacking. So a colorless could host stacking temp hit points, for example. Instead of guild size being the limiting factor, switch to current augment method (in which it has its own min level).
Also add more temporary augments. Deathward? ok--but temporary or it is too OP

MadCookieQueen
10-13-2014, 08:09 AM
Epic Vale

yeah...you know it!

oh and some augments...like cool augments...like greensteel augments...because being able to customize my own augments would be the bees knees.

if no Epic Vale...then...Temple of Elemental Evil...

if no to either...well then...how about more cookies...because...cookies!

Holybird
10-13-2014, 08:51 AM
Gnomes and Halbeards

Ungood
10-13-2014, 08:51 AM
I am going to Suggest this again, as this is what I want.

http://i.imgur.com/nxJSzlz.png (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/400412-Too-Good-an-Idea-to-Let-Die)

salmag
10-13-2014, 02:23 PM
Gnomes

More Eberron less Forgotten Realms. If not, then Temple of Elemental Evil, Myth Drannor, Pools of Radiance
If so, then Zilargo (gnomes and goblins), Talenta plains (dinosaurs), Argonesson (more dragons)

More Wizard/Sorc spells, especially Illusion spells (Weird, etc.)

Fix Word of Recall to take you to last Shrine visited in quest

Gnomes

bug fixes

oh and gnomes

Uska
10-13-2014, 04:39 PM
Gnomes

More Eberron less Forgotten Realms. If not, then Temple of Elemental Evil, Myth Drannor, Pools of Radiance
If so, then Zilargo (gnomes and goblins), Talenta plains (dinosaurs), Argonesson (more dragons)

More Wizard/Sorc spells, especially Illusion spells (Weird, etc.)

Fix Word of Recall to take you to last Shrine visited in quest

Gnomes

bug fixes

oh and gnomes

would love ToE but if they do it proper it would mean adding Greyhawk and I am all for that.

Gloomfall
10-13-2014, 09:14 PM
Would love to see some real Rogue buffs. And I'm not just talking about very slight rogue splashes.

1) Assassin tree gaining something similar to Ranger's (DWS) Exposing Strike. (Could replace Assassin's Trick at 12)
2) Mechanic Tree gaining something like the Elf Passive Search. (Scaling properly off of Search and not Spot)
3) Faster Sneaking (For Rogue and others) gaining up to 100% move speed at tier 3.
4) Shadowdancer core enhancement passive that gives "Invis" on self while sneaking. (So we don't have to constantly chug potions)
5) Remove Sneak Attack Immunity on a large number of enemies to improve reliability of Rogues.
6) Ability to toggle Levers/Doors/Trap Boxes without breaking sneak.
7) Mechanic Tree core bonuses to disable trap boxes faster.
8) Move Haste Action Boost from Acrobat to Assassin and give Acrobat Run Boost. (Damage Boost is Sub-par at best when you can pop a haste)
NOTE: Please make both Haste and Run boosts 1AP. 6AP is a pretty incredible investment for an action boost. (Can see Haste Boost for most characters moving to 1AP)

Doing this reliably should require significant investment into Rogue or Shadowdancer.

Finally, scale Max Dex bonuses for Warforged/Bladeforged with Docent Level to match the same scaling as Light Chain armor.

"EXTRA BONUS EDITION" - Wands/Scrolls/Wondrous Item activate from Inventory without requiring to be equipped if possible. Even if you require something like quick draw. The fact that it takes an action should be enough. I feel this will help alleviate some of the contention that Bladeforged get with their SLA.

esojiul
10-13-2014, 11:17 PM
[QUOTE=kilagan800;5438815]Make Gnome a Playable Race
Add Wizard/Sorc Spells
Update Ranger Spells
Update Threnal
Offer Guild Ship Battles
Make Korthos Epic
Epic Delera's
Delera's Sega Quests

More Classes
More Races
More spells
Change Iconic- Fix in the way wont required a recarnation heart +1 etc for some builds. turn them in an extra Enhancements: Example: Human: Purple Knight, Drow: Scorpion wraiths, Dwarf: defender etc etc.will be to get New races: Sun elf-Shadar Kai-Blade Forge.
Overhaul :the Artificer and barbarian

Ungood
10-13-2014, 11:23 PM
I like the way Iconic's work, so they are cool in my book.

But make no mistake, we will see more Enchantments along the line of the Harper Tree, soon enough.

Allorian
10-14-2014, 01:40 AM
Temple of Elemental Evil, Myth Drannor, Pools of Radiance
If so, Talenta plains (dinosaurs), Argonesson (more dragons)

More Wizard/Sorc spells, especially Illusion spells

bug fixes

oh and gnomes

Heck yeah, TOE, Myth Drannor and Pools of radiance would be awesome! Oh and Dino's would be great to, can I have a Triceratops to ride?

Thx
Glam

Requiro
10-14-2014, 12:09 PM
Rework Enhancements that all abilities will be usefull and interesting.

Other then that... Nerfs

Oberon_Shrader
10-15-2014, 06:25 AM
1) Tiamat Raid. (And make that the end of the Tyranny of Dragons content.)

2) Fix Ranged combat and a Ranger & Barbarian enhancement pass.

3) A new race. (My stated preference is a Draconic; but I give ear to the fact that Gnomes have long been core and are strangely absent from DDO.)

Eternal_Newbie
11-04-2014, 10:12 AM
Only 2 things are really ****ing my game experience so far, rest is more cosmetic, as DDO is (and will be) a great game.

1) Duping should be mitigated if not stopped, nothing more frustrating than spending much time grinding ingrédients and find a 10k stack in auction @vile price.
If code can't prevent duping mechanism, at least have controls on auction systems to drop obviously duped stuff.
I do not ask for ban, we have a small player base.

2) Remind that before wheloon we had no such big lag spikes, remind that going out from an EE quest in wheloon often (always?) result in an obvious scaling bug with thousands foes in the prison instance and... server lag.
Fix this situation please

Rest is not what I really wish, just what I'd like:

- Improve EE difficulty cause nowaday EE is often casual and not as challenging as it was.
- Fix officialy known bugs and other well known bugs...
- Gnomes
- Add some nice old modules like Temple of Elemental Evil

Eternal.Newbie (toons: Tynitia & Tinity @ Thelanis).

Dimwhit1
11-04-2014, 10:34 AM
- Improve EE difficulty cause nowaday EE is often casual and not as challenging as it was.

I've heard this a lot, and I've come to the conclusion that I just suck at DDO. I have what I think as a pretty tough 28th level Monk. If I try doing an EE quest, even several levels lower, I get my ass handed to me in a matter of minutes. If not sooner. I just don't understand how it's so easy for people.

So yeah, I think I'm just not very good. :)

Uska
11-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Only 2 things are really ****ing my game experience so far, rest is more cosmetic, as DDO is (and will be) a great game.

1) Duping should be mitigated if not stopped, nothing more frustrating than spending much time grinding ingrédients and find a 10k stack in auction @vile price.
If code can't prevent duping mechanism, at least have controls on auction systems to drop obviously duped stuff.
I do not ask for ban, we have a small player base.

2) Remind that before wheloon we had no such big lag spikes, remind that going out from an EE quest in wheloon often (always?) result in an obvious scaling bug with thousands foes in the prison instance and... server lag.
Fix this situation please

Rest is not what I really wish, just what I'd like:

- Fix officialy known bugs and other well known bugs...
- Gnomes
- Add some nice old modules like Temple of Elemental Evil

Eternal.Newbie (toons: Tynitia & Tinity @ Thelanis).

we had lag spikes before wheloon just not as many

esojiul
11-04-2014, 01:03 PM
Quests:

1) develops a system similar Foundry NWN. which is to develop adventures.
giving two options to acquire these adventures are free or buy with astral diamonds (Turbine gets a percentage). The desicion take it who develops the quests.

2) new world or city (theme): DARK SUN (example) give 3 f2p chains
3) And second line to start the game, 2 option to korthos: maybe in fauron were to can level from 1-10. Where new players can be impresed by the game. Korthos updated

Companions:
1) able to buy Companion (can be a hireling- you can from lv 1 to 28). To help you in the quests. Also able to improved them gear etc etc.

Art and graphics
1) Improved graphic engine like WWO
2) Improved or update (new games standard )the customize of the toons at the begging .

extra
1)classes -4 more minimal
2)races (not iconic): Gnome-shadar kai-bladeforge-moon elf-sun elf-mule-half dragon
3)Iconic for each race: Dwarf defender etc etc
4)More spells
5)Druid can take Earth and air form plus another animal
6)Monk and barbarian: dodge 40%-70% to balance with heavy armors
7) Artificer: able benefit 100% metamagic from it rune arm-to make them useful at ee
8) coliseum for PVP- everything can be use like fvs BB
9) balance hp- hp melee caster same as a melee in epics levels, it makes no sense. should maintain the same proportion as heroic.

Starla70
11-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Iconic mage is needed.

Another permanent hire, like griffon level 28?

Maybe a 15 pseudo dragon with a fire breath?

Potion bag holds 4 type can have 2 per toon

fmalfeas
11-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Iconic mage is needed.

Maybe a 15 pseudo dragon with a fire breath?

Potion bag holds 4 type can have 2 per toon

Iconic Mage Option: Gnome Illusionist (along with a variety of new illusions.) I know that adding in the standard illusions would be too hard in an MMO, but there are other ways to handle it. Ghost Sound could be a spell that has very, very long range, and is designed to pull a single mob out of a group. Mirror Image would be extremely useful. Shadow Conjuration of course. Weird is a given as well. But you could also do whole new, DDO-based spells. Things like this -

Sigil's False Friend - Illusion - Sorc/Wiz 5 - Causes the target to appear to be an ally of the caster, without notifying the target until they are attacked by their 'friends'. Lasts 10 seconds + 6 seconds for every 5 caster levels. (Yes, named for the Warforged Wizard hireling who would have 'invented' the spell.)

Nedry's Illusory Stature - Sorc/Wiz 7 - Illusion - self or friend - makes the target appear incredibally threatening, applying a +10 competance bonus to Intimidate +1 per caster level, and increasing threat by 50%. Same duration as haste.

There's more options that can be implemented too. Those are just the first two ideas off the top of my head for Illusion options (might finally make the Epic Illusionist's Robe popular).

The_Human_Cypher
11-05-2014, 11:17 PM

Wow, that would be great! Adding a Level 28 griffon fighter hireling would be an excellent addition to the owlbear and panther. We would probably need a major paid expansion first, however.

BigGoettge
12-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Add more looks in the categories:
- Hairstyles
- Beards
- Facial
- Racial looks

esojiul
12-03-2014, 08:10 PM
Add more looks in the categories:
- Hairstyles
- Beards
- Facial
- Racial looks

true

Teh_Hobgoblin
12-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Hobgoblins

We'll beat the Stormreach Team this time.