PDA

View Full Version : Precision vs Archers Focus

Folker
09-25-2014, 06:30 PM
Which is better Precision or Archers Focus?

Toro12
09-25-2014, 06:38 PM

Kiting is some of the best defense around.
Thus my vote is 100% for precision.

Erik_Loki
09-25-2014, 07:24 PM
Hey man Precision and Archer Focus (from Precise Shot) can stay active at the same time...

JJMC895610
09-25-2014, 07:26 PM
This.
Hey man Precision and Archer Focus (from Precise Shot) can stay active at the same time...
You have to choose between IPS and Archer's Focus though.

Singular
09-25-2014, 07:37 PM

Assuming you have a feat shortage, I'd go with Archer's Focus. You can kite with it though you lose the benefits slowly, but the added damage from Archer's Focus helps kill stuff quickly. If your party has a tank or can just keep the main baddie in one place, Archer's Focus will add a ton of damage.

Singular
09-25-2014, 07:38 PM
This.
You have to choose between IPS and Archer's Focus though.

Always a touch choice!

unbongwah
09-26-2014, 09:32 AM
As others stated, you can have both active simultaneously; it isn't an either-or proposition. [AF and IPS are mutually exclusive, though.] But if for some reason you have to choose between Precision and Precise Shot (which is what grants AF), which is better is situational: Precision's -25% Fortification makes it more useful vs high-Fort targets; OTOH, AF's stacking dmg bonus is more useful against low-/zero-Fort mobs if you're stationary the whole time and not using Manyshot. So AF's more useful to, say, an arty who parks in the rear pew-pewing mobs like a stationary gun turret than to a kiting monkcher.

If I could only take one, it would be Precision; but if you're playing any sort of serious ranged build, you really want Precision+Prec Shot+IPS if you can squeeze them in.

Saekee
09-26-2014, 01:04 PM
looks like the OP could clarify a bit more--is it a feat shortage? What is the build?