PDA

View Full Version : Problems with a specific enemy... rushmore succy...

PaParker
09-22-2014, 09:34 PM
How are we supposed to murder the succubus in rushmore challenges? She's fire immune and doesn't appear to be hit by melfs either. She has evasion and easily makes reflex save against frost lance. Immune to negative energy as well it seems. Doesn't seem like she can be hit with finger of death either. I ended up just spamming sonic burst on her over and over again but that took a couple minutes and it ate a huge amount of mana. Is there a better spell to keep loaded just for dealing with her? I'm soloing w/o a hire so letting a buddy deal with her doesn't work either - summoned monsters don't seem to last.

Stinging_Bee
09-22-2014, 09:55 PM
niac and eladar dots should work fine (lvl 5 spells)

Saekee
09-23-2014, 08:42 AM
can you cast tensor's and melee her? I always take her down fast with my monk.
Stinging_Bee's suggestion will probably work better...

Spoonwelder
09-23-2014, 08:57 AM
niac and eladar dots should work fine (lvl 5 spells)
This and/or spamming Magic Missles if you are in Shiradi - any other really cheap SLA that has no save (Scorching Ray) - meteor swarm is pretty good too. I know she moves around a bit but you can catch her in an solid fog/ice storm/acid rain (if they stay in the cloud they get no save - solid fog slows mobs down so they stay in longer - may not work some red/purple named but should on orange) to help speed things up but that won't be SP efficient.

If you are in Draconic the burst/aura SLAs do a tonne of damage so you can use those to bring her down fairly fast.

Otherwise bring some melee (hires or *gasp* real people).

visibleman
09-23-2014, 02:47 PM
How are we supposed to murder the succubus in rushmore challenges? She's fire immune and doesn't appear to be hit by melfs either. She has evasion and easily makes reflex save against frost lance. Immune to negative energy as well it seems. Doesn't seem like she can be hit with finger of death either. I ended up just spamming sonic burst on her over and over again but that took a couple minutes and it ate a huge amount of mana. Is there a better spell to keep loaded just for dealing with her? I'm soloing w/o a hire so letting a buddy deal with her doesn't work either - summoned monsters don't seem to last.

Have you tried a piece of metal? I usually go with large and blunt buy whatever works for you ;)

Enguebert
09-29-2014, 02:02 AM
The cold Dot work fine on her
Magic missile SLA work too

Succubus are demon. All demons are immune to fire & acid, and have often resist cold & electricity so you must use spells with no element (magic missile, disintegrate,...)