PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer epic destiny path

AStormbringer
09-20-2014, 08:06 AM
On my 1st sorcerer, have maxed out the draconic and magister ED's. Am I correct that my only available path is the Bard/Spellsinger path, which will then unlock the martial karma tree (useless to me as far as I can tell), which I'll have to work through to get to the Divine Karma tree, which actually has some useful stuff ?

Seems like a colossal grind of worthless ED's in order to get to something useful. (other than fate points)

Hoping I'm not reading it correctly. Advice welcome.

Thanks.

Dandonk
09-20-2014, 08:15 AM
Yes, you are reading it correctly. Welcome to the "fun" of off-ED grind. It's much like banging your head against the wall - it feels so good when it stops.

Uska
09-20-2014, 09:52 AM
Yup and if you want the bennies you have to pay the price. Yeah I am one of those who isn't against the pain of off destiny grind of course I only play one character now so it's not so bad for me any more

Toro12
09-20-2014, 09:56 AM
To fate singer to jump you to primal for sharidi.
I love me some fate singer the best 'off destiny' around. Little but of something for everyone.

2. Swap to melee destiny , eat daily dice xp and saga xp.

3. Run quest in main destiny leaving completion , recall out , swap destiny, reenter, complete.
FO swap to main goto #3

SirValentine
09-20-2014, 02:29 PM
Seems like a colossal grind of worthless ED's in order to get to something useful. (other than fate points)

Yes, it's entirely worthless (other than the huge important benefit you mentioned in parentheses).

Hoping I'm not reading it correctly. Advice welcome.

You are reading it correctly. Advice: do it.

cru121
09-20-2014, 03:18 PM
If you're a fleshy, you probably want to take a detour via Primal Avatar to pick up Cocoon...

Billybobml
09-28-2014, 10:54 AM
I never used one myself but does the Key of Destiny still exist? When EDs first came out these were in the DDO store and (alledgedly) dropped in chests and daily dice rolls. They would let you unlock a non adjacent (Shiradi) destiny.

glouky
10-10-2014, 12:32 AM
Thanks.

I had the same experience, and it was a pain to run off destiny. My advice would be to TR in order to have a build that can benefit from most destinies before farming EDs.
Actually, I think that a bard like "count of monte cristo" would be the one that can run in most destinies....
And anyway, it is also a good idea to at least farm epic prev life at the same time.

If you really want to stick to sorc (playstyle, trivialize EH content, etc.) it will be boring but maybe faster... You can also buy a key of destiny to "jump" a very boring destiny... However, keep in mind that when you jump a destiny you will probably do it later anyway for twist ;)

Singular
10-10-2014, 10:46 AM
I had the same experience, and it was a pain to run off destiny. My advice would be to TR in order to have a build that can benefit from most destinies before farming EDs.
Actually, I think that a bard like "count of monte cristo" would be the one that can run in most destinies....
And anyway, it is also a good idea to at least farm epic prev life at the same time.

If you really want to stick to sorc (playstyle, trivialize EH content, etc.) it will be boring but maybe faster... You can also buy a key of destiny to "jump" a very boring destiny... However, keep in mind that when you jump a destiny you will probably do it later anyway for twist ;)

Absolutely.

OP: perhaps the least painful class to run off destinies in is sorc. All you have to do is make your build as you would for draconic (spell choices and such), then bore yourself to death zerging EH quests. At least you get to do it in a time where you can get multiple ERs from it - many of us did the EDs and now we have to redo the off destiny grind to get the epic past lives (if we want it badly enough).

Tilomere
10-24-2014, 12:07 AM

Or Critzilla (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/444046-Work-in-progress-Critzilla).