PDA

View Full Version : Helios Build - A Rework of Xadin's Druid

Avocado
09-18-2014, 03:31 PM
Original build posted here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/444061-Druid-Build-Xadin
I give you Helios:
Sun elf 15druid/4fvs/1clr (sorc,wiz) light and fire spec druid. 1 cleric gives you 2% light crit chance (or 1% universal), 15 light sp (9uni) and 90sp. 1 wiz will give you about the same sp bonus to universal but no more light crit chance. 1 sorc will give you the fire savant PRE line for 2% fire crit, 1 caster fire level and 10 fire sp. Cleric is best because it provides a bit more sp, heavy armor prof and more light crit chance.

Lets start with Stats:
Starting:
8 str
8 dex
14 con
18 int
18 wis
8 cha

Fully Buffed:
Wisdom: 18 base + 6 tome + 7 levels + 1 feat + 15 item + 6 destiny + 4 enhancements + 2 ship + 2 yugo + 2 profane= 64
Int: 18 base + 4 tome + 14 item + 2 ship + 2 yugo + 2 profane = 42

800+ HP
3500+ SP

Saves:
68/69/80 - 78/79/90 w/orb
These assume you have +3 saves from past lives. I've added in the +3 saves to magic from AOV too.

DCs:
EQ: 18 base + 27 mod + 3sorc PLs + 3 feats + 6 item + 3 destiny + 2 augment + 1 enhacement + 1 ship + 1 shadow armor + 2 epic deific daydem = 67
Body of the Sun = 63
Sunbeam = 64
Divine Wrath = 65
Firewall = 62

Feats:
Evo focus
Mental Toughness
Improved Mental Toughness
Maximize
Empower
Insightful reflexes
Quicken
Epic Mental Toughness
Greater Evoc
+20 light sp
Wiz past life
+20 fire sp

Skills:
UMD
Spot - 100+ w/optics (see gear)
Spellcraft
Heal
Balance
Diplo
1 in tumble and preform

Enhancements:
AOV:
Scourge + just reward x3
Smiting X4
+3 saves
SP boost x2
Intense faith x3
Wis x2
SH:
Seasons greetings x3
Beguile x3
Wax and wane x4
Full SLA line x3
Crown of summer
Time and tide
Strength and solstice
Wis x2
Core x4
DD:
SC light x1
SP light x3
Spell points x3

Destiny:Exalted Angel
5x wisdom
Soundburst x1
3x endless faith
SLA sun bolt
Divine Wrath

Twists: 26 points
Tier 4: energy burst fire
Tier 3: evocation augmentation from magister.
Tier 1: unearthly reactions/draconic perception or whatever you like
Tier 1: wisdom

Results:
A constant 459 fire sp and 518 light sp when fighting mobs. These go higher if you want to waste your coms drinking +20 sp pots. (Screenshot of 735 light sp added later) Thanks to Nacho for pointing out +20 alchemical pots in house P.
2.5k damage with divine wrath and a 45% change to crit.
Fire crit chance is 58% chance.
No fail EQ (once evo aug has proc'd)
Decent group healing and extremely good self healing.

Gear:
Libram of silver magic w/impulse slotted
Tier 3 TF scepter with 22% fire crit chance
Lantern Ring upgraded w/spell point +250 and +2 insightful int
Epic Deific Daydem
Epic Four Eyes/Intricate field optics
Shroud of the Ardent
Epic Litany of the Dead
Mysterious cloak
SP Greensteel/HP Greensteel belt
Circle of Malevolence
Sages gloves/gauntlets of immortality
Health +10 of false life +50 boots
Convalescent bracers 20% of superior parrying
Shadowscale w/30dr epic or +1 dcs

I understand everyone will have their own gear set but I wanted to post mine for some guidance.

Finally, the reason I changed the build is that Xadin focused too much on hp and dc. I am all about max dps and this build has been made to provide max druid dps. I will say it is the most dps possible from a spell casting druid.

Also, a build that is fully able to self heal doesnt need a massive hp pool.
And with the correct twist (i.e. evo aug) your DC can be lower while having the same effectiveness.

Comments and questions are welcomed.

Nachomammashouse
09-18-2014, 03:53 PM
A constant 480 fire sp and 575 light sp when fighting mobs. These go higher if you want to waste your coms drinking +20 sp pots.

You can buy +25 spell power pots from house P for plat. Unfortunately the light spell power pots only come in +20 spell power. But better than spending comms :p

(Screenshot of 735 light sp added later)

Wow I've never heard of spell power that high. Awesome!

Avocado
09-18-2014, 04:54 PM
Ill get a photo soon

Avocado
09-18-2014, 05:00 PM
http://s2.postimg.org/u2yateqy1/Screen_Shot00091.jpg

Cornholelesticky
09-20-2014, 02:33 AM
Very nice build but I did have a question. What is your SP utilization on this build when trying to solo high level EE or EH content? I am a fan of shiradi casters for their efficiency and am curious how, in that regard, this build compares. Regardless of the answer, kudos for a very original and seemingly solid build.

huey9187
09-20-2014, 07:53 AM
will this work as human 15druid/4 fvs/wiz1?? in shiradi?

Avocado
09-20-2014, 03:01 PM
Very nice build but I did have a question. What is your SP utilization on this build when trying to solo high level EE or EH content? I am a fan of shiradi casters for their efficiency and am curious how, in that regard, this build compares. Regardless of the answer, kudos for a very original and seemingly solid build.

I very rarely run out of sp. The build yields a very large amount of temporary spell points just as a shiradi caster does. Also, it has a very large amount of very good SLAs. Produce Flame for 3 sp hits for around 700 with no save. Lightning Strike hits for 1k with a 6 sp cost. Word of Balance can hit for 1.5k for a cost of 6 sp. Divine Wrath is an SLA as it is affected by metas and it only costs 40 sp for 2.7k damage. These SLA's cant be beat. The one thing I do to maximize sp efficiency is to selectively turn off metas for EQ, FW, sunbeam and ice storm. Mostly these spells are just for purposes of getting evo aug to proc and dont do very much damage.

Avocado
09-20-2014, 03:03 PM
will this work as human 15druid/4 fvs/wiz1?? in shiradi?

I dont see any issues with it. However, I don't think shiradi will do as much damage as exalted angel.

Roland_D'Arabel
09-20-2014, 03:46 PM
OP thanks for putting up your build. I've been following a lot of the druid conversations on these forums and studying Nacho and Xadin's build. Currently am levelling up my own 15 Druid 4 FvS 1 Sorc and am pleased to see most of my build choices are similar to what you have posted. I am planning to take ruin at 27 (a wiz past life feat is not an option for me), any thoughts on this vs. greater evocation? I am not thinking greater evo is needed.

Avocado
09-20-2014, 04:08 PM
OP thanks for putting up your build. I've been following a lot of the druid conversations on these forums and studying Nacho and Xadin's build. Currently am levelling up my own 15 Druid 4 FvS 1 Sorc and am pleased to see most of my build choices are similar to what you have posted. I am planning to take ruin at 27 (a wiz past life feat is not an option for me), any thoughts on this vs. greater evocation? I am not thinking greater evo is needed.

It was my pleasure.

You can probably live w/o greater evo or wiz past life. 1 DC will not break the build. However, ruin just doesnt seem worth it to me unless you can get your force spell power to a reasonable number (500+). Its expensive too (over 100sp with metas) and compromises my use of sp. I'd honestly say taking greater wisdom is a better choice.

Shmuel
09-20-2014, 06:50 PM
Xadin focused too much on hp and dc. Two things which are not necessary in DDO.

I'll respectfully disagree.

Talonaise
09-20-2014, 06:55 PM
I agree with some of this, however... having played a druid 15/4/1 build for a long time now, I respectfully disagree with some points.

My build extra level has always been 1 sorc, I find the fire damage to be a huge bonus, while light is there you do have a limited number of light based spells to cycle through, and a constant ticking firewall and body of son are the the only dots you have worth discussing on a fire/light build. I think there are many ways to go with the one extra, but this fits my play style the best as I also twist in burst. (which works very well) I agree, the extra dc is not needed, but I do like the bonus you get from the sorc tree.

A 60 evo will not be enough for end game content -- yes if your proc is there, but you can't always count on being in that situation. My DC sits at 65, which I have found to be sufficient. By end game I mean Highest level EE content, which is pretty much all I run. If you are not only running EE, then I suppose it does not matter.

Oh, and when the end game content can one shot you -- you better have enough HP to last the one hit. If not, it does not matter how much self healing you can do.

Finally how much of that 760 number you show a constant and not a 6sec or so buff? Base numbers are more telling than a buff.

Avocado
09-21-2014, 12:39 AM
I agree with some of this, however... having played a druid 15/4/1 build for a long time now, I respectfully disagree with some points.

My build extra level has always been 1 sorc, I find the fire damage to be a huge bonus, while light is there you do have a limited number of light based spells to cycle through, and a constant ticking firewall and body of son are the the only dots you have worth discussing on a fire/light build. I think there are many ways to go with the one extra, but this fits my play style the best as I also twist in burst. (which works very well) I agree, the extra dc is not needed, but I do like the bonus you get from the sorc tree.

A 60 evo will not be enough for end game content -- yes if your proc is there, but you can't always count on being in that situation. My DC sits at 65, which I have found to be sufficient. By end game I mean Highest level EE content, which is pretty much all I run. If you are not only running EE, then I suppose it does not matter.

Oh, and when the end game content can one shot you -- you better have enough HP to last the one hit. If not, it does not matter how much self healing you can do.

Finally how much of that 760 number you show a constant and not a 6sec or so buff? Base numbers are more telling than a buff.

I dont think you can't go wrong with sorc or cleric. Either will suffice. It comes down to what the player thinks is most important. Light is most important to me so I think 1 cleric is better.

I also, only run ee exclusively and to a degree I do rely on a evo aug proc but, only for high save mobs like shadar-kai assassins and wolves. I havent had any trouble though with a 60.

The only mobs that can one shot me in this game is the boss in Thrill of the Hunt and 300-400% damage stomp to the face from a red dragon. No other mob has ever one shotted me. Disintegrates only hit for around 550 and arcane zap is about 450. Neither of which will one shot me at full health. I scrapped my hp greensteel which really shows my lack of want for hp.

I sit at 481 base light. I run alchemical +20 pots at all time and I almost always have empyrean magic and scourge at ten stacks for a total of 50 more spell power. I try to keep up blood and radiance at 10 for another 30 sp. 18 from Meri Frag. Constant light would be about 600 in combat.

Avocado
09-21-2014, 12:44 AM
I'll respectfully disagree.

Which is one reason I posted my rework.

Talonaise
09-21-2014, 10:09 AM
I dont think you can't go wrong with sorc or cleric. Either will suffice. It comes down to what the player thinks is most important. Light is most important to me so I think 1 cleric is better.

I still think that by focusing on light, you are still not addressing the fact that you have so few light spells to cycle through, and no damage over time in the light sphere. By going fire/light - you do lose the ability to have the cold ticks be effective, so it is important not to neglect fire, especially for boss damage. How are you in kills? Not that it is the end all be all of a build, but it does show something, especially if your spells are doing one shot damage.

As far as HP -- mobs are not the issue most of the time, but boss damage in end raids, and stormhorns, another issue.

I just think keeping fire higher increases the overall killing efficiency of the build. I also prefer the extra feat that human gives me, which I need for the completionist. It has been about a year and a half - two years since I first made the build, so I need to dust off the memory cells on all the choices I made. I might post Kit up for an example of the sorc splash build later.

Avocado
09-21-2014, 06:19 PM
I still think that by focusing on light, you are still not addressing the fact that you have so few light spells to cycle through, and no damage over time in the light sphere. By going fire/light - you do lose the ability to have the cold ticks be effective, so it is important not to neglect fire, especially for boss damage. How are you in kills? Not that it is the end all be all of a build, but it does show something, especially if your spells are doing one shot damage.

As far as HP -- mobs are not the issue most of the time, but boss damage in end raids, and stormhorns, another issue.

I just think keeping fire higher increases the overall killing efficiency of the build. I also prefer the extra feat that human gives me, which I need for the completionist. It has been about a year and a half - two years since I first made the build, so I need to dust off the memory cells on all the choices I made. I might post Kit up for an example of the sorc splash build later.

Light spells: divine wrath, sunburst, sunbeam, sun bolt and word of balance SLA and spell.
Fire spells (useful ones): FW, body, produce flame x1 (I only use SLA), and firestorm. I traded sunbeam for firestorm.
That's 3 fire vs 6 light spells. Not sure where you got "few light spells to cycle through" from. You are right on there being no DOT light spell. On bosses my single target light spells will always be doing more then your AOE fire spells. There's no argument on this.

I will almost always have the most kills in any group with the exception of guild blitzers. I usually get more kills then the PUG blitzers. I generally don't worry about kills though as it a very poor judge of dps. It's the best thing we have though.

moo_cow
09-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Light spells: divine wrath, sunburst, sunbeam, sun bolt and word of balance SLA and spell.
Fire spells (useful ones): FW, body, produce flame x1 (I only use SLA), and firestorm. I traded sunbeam for firestorm.
That's 3 fire vs 6 light spells. Not sure where you got "few light spells to cycle through" from. You are right on there being no DOT light spell. On bosses my single target light spells will always be doing more then your AOE fire spells. There's no argument on this.

I will almost always have the most kills in any group with the exception of guild blitzers. I usually get more kills then the PUG blitzers. I generally don't worry about kills though as it a very poor judge of dps. It's the best thing we have though.

You can't have reborn in light, divine wrath, and sunbolt at the same time from exalted. According to your above pic you have reborn in light and divine wrath only. Do you switch reborn with sunbolt occasionally?

Word of balance is effected by impulse not radiance.

Talonaise
09-21-2014, 09:39 PM

Sunburst is very minor damage -- much more valuable to blind things then to actually do dps.

Word of balance is bane damage (impulse type will boost it - not light) also, it is not effective against neutral characters, and only increases as you move away from neutral. - but it does cycle fast at 5 seconds, but is a bit expensive - the non sla one of course. I carry the spell but not the sla.

That leaves you with divine wrath -- very nice, but a bit longer cooldown, sunbeam and sun bolt...... 3 decent light spells to cycle through (that is where I got the "few") - and I do use them.
(sunbeam fast (5sec) sunbolt slow (12 sec) divine wrath slower (20) and finally sunburst with a very slow (26) -- so your least effective cycles fast.

Firespells - firewall, body of the sun, produce flame (i rarely use it but it is there) flame strike (half fire damage again, rarely used) and I also have energy burst fire - which is quite effective.

Finally for red named I also have ruin

So - as a blanced toon, I am cycling through ALL my spells, not leaning too heavily on light or fire. My base on both is over 450 with no buffs.

My point is, I think you are far too unbalanced with the light -- by evening it out, you still have the light, while you can also do lots of fire damage. On an end boss, I am using all my single target AND my aoe spells.... so yea, it is more dps. Burst alone will land serious damage, and add in ruin. So there is a bit of an argument there.

Avocado
09-21-2014, 11:59 PM
Sunburst is very minor damage -- much more valuable to blind things then to actually do dps.

Word of balance is bane damage (impulse type will boost it - not light) also, it is not effective against neutral characters, and only increases as you move away from neutral. - but it does cycle fast at 5 seconds, but is a bit expensive - the non sla one of course. I carry the spell but not the sla.

That leaves you with divine wrath -- very nice, but a bit longer cooldown, sunbeam and sun bolt...... 3 decent light spells to cycle through (that is where I got the "few") - and I do use them.
(sunbeam fast (5sec) sunbolt slow (12 sec) divine wrath slower (20) and finally sunburst with a very slow (26) -- so your least effective cycles fast.

Firespells - firewall, body of the sun, produce flame (i rarely use it but it is there) flame strike (half fire damage again, rarely used) and I also have energy burst fire - which is quite effective.

Finally for red named I also have ruin

So - as a blanced toon, I am cycling through ALL my spells, not leaning too heavily on light or fire. My base on both is over 450 with no buffs.

My point is, I think you are far too unbalanced with the light -- by evening it out, you still have the light, while you can also do lots of fire damage. On an end boss, I am using all my single target AND my aoe spells.... so yea, it is more dps. Burst alone will land serious damage, and add in ruin. So there is a bit of an argument there.

I thought word of balance was a alignment spell so therefore light. My mistake on that.

I'm playing around with destiny things to see if energy burst is a worthwhile investment. It's an expensive twist and I'd lose empyrean magic which is a noticeable dps loss.

Im not sure why you think I'm unbalanced on light. I just focused more on light then fire. I still use fire spells they just do slightly less damage and my light spells do more damage.

Avocado
09-22-2014, 12:02 AM
You can't have reborn in light, divine wrath, and sunbolt at the same time from exalted. According to your above pic you have reborn in light and divine wrath only. Do you switch reborn with sunbolt occasionally?

Word of balance is effected by impulse not radiance.

Yes.
I believe I said in the OP that you could take either Reborn in light or sunbolt. I happened to have sunblot now. The pic was taken when I still had reborn in light.

Avocado
10-16-2014, 03:41 PM
I've added U23 gear to the build. Not a huge change but enough to make it worth posting.

painkiller3
12-07-2014, 05:29 PM
this is a bit of a necro, but I think with the latest changes to MRR and PRR from Heavy Armor, the cleric splash is more powerful than the sorc splash. Both look pretty good to me though

lherndo
12-29-2014, 01:09 PM
I've added U23 gear to the build. Not a huge change but enough to make it worth posting.

I'm really enjoying your build so far. I Iconic TR'd my Necro Sorc to this build since she was already a Sun Elf. It's a nice change of pace.

I was wondering if you could share with me your normal spell rotation for groups of mobs and then for single mobs. I seem to have to twiddle my thumbs for a few seconds on single mobs. (this may be common on non sorcs and I'm simply not used to it)

This build was tons of fun yesterday doing slayers in Orchard on elite and ruins the 4 quests out there.

Thanks again.

Avocado
02-21-2015, 01:50 PM
I'm really enjoying your build so far. I Iconic TR'd my Necro Sorc to this build since she was already a Sun Elf. It's a nice change of pace.

I was wondering if you could share with me your normal spell rotation for groups of mobs and then for single mobs. I seem to have to twiddle my thumbs for a few seconds on single mobs. (this may be common on non sorcs and I'm simply not used to it)

This build was tons of fun yesterday doing slayers in Orchard on elite and ruins the 4 quests out there.

Thanks again.

I always start by casting body of the sun before I get to the mobs then usually its earthquake and firewall (to drop saves quicker) once you get near mobs. Usually ill cast a few earthquakes because they stack. Next, I cast sound burst to try to stun some mobs before I lay down the big aoe attacks. Then comes energy burst and divine wrath which will take out 95% of the mobs. I usually finish off the last few mobs with sun beam, sun bolt and druid sla's.

Sorry for not responding sooner.
Hope this helps :)

Purhas
04-15-2015, 12:02 PM
Does evo augmentation have a chance to proc on each tick of wall of fire and body of the sun or just on the initial cast?

Michele
04-17-2015, 04:18 AM
Does evo augmentation have a chance to proc on each tick of wall of fire and body of the sun or just on the initial cast?

yes, procs on each tick of body of the sun.

about wall of fire, it procs each time an enemy steps in it, but not while an enemy is hit while standing inside it: you should kite an enemy in and outside wall of fire to make it proc multiple times.

Avocado
04-26-2015, 03:49 PM

Every time it hits.

RumbIe
09-04-2015, 09:20 AM
Any leveling progression or does any work? Obviously if Sunelf cleric being level 1