PDA

View Full Version : Different tack-smooth flourishes vs weapon finesse

jkh389
09-16-2014, 04:35 PM
Hi, I wanted to know if smooth flourishes is similar to the feat weapon finesse but uses charisma instead of dex. If that's the case, if I splash fighter with my bard and get smooth flourishes and weapon finesse, will my attack modifier get bonuses from the dexterity and charisma or will one have priority over the other (the higher value)?

Scrabbler
09-16-2014, 05:12 PM
Weapon Finesse (which does not require Fighter) allows you to use Dexterity instead of Strength for attack rolls (with some weapons).
Smooth Flourish allows you to use Charisma instead of Strength for damage rolls (with some weapons, and restrictions on armor and offhand).

Your attack and damage rolls are separate things, and changing one doesn't change the other. In general, damage rolls are much more important than attack rolls.

jkh389
09-16-2014, 05:40 PM
Weapon Finesse (which does not require Fighter) allows you to use Dexterity instead of Strength for attack rolls (with some weapons).
Smooth Flourish allows you to use Charisma instead of Strength for damage rolls (with some weapons, and restrictions on armor and offhand).

Your attack and damage rolls are separate things, and changing one doesn't change the other. In general, damage rolls are much more important than attack rolls.

I see, with that in mind, since I have a spare feat to use up. Should I choose Greater enchantment or Weapon Finesse? My str is at base 8 while my dex is at base 15. I am a melee bard.

Scrabbler
09-16-2014, 06:18 PM
May as well get Finesse if your Strength is that super-low.