PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: Monday, September 15th from 6:00 to 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Cordovan
09-12-2014, 04:04 PM
UPDATE: The worlds have reopened. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game!

UPDATE: The maintenance downtime has been extended until 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). We apologize for the inconvenience, and will keep you updated.

The DDO Game Servers and http://myaccount.turbine.com will be offline for maintenance on Monday, September 15th from 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT). The forums remain up, but players may not be able to log in. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

cdbd3rd
09-12-2014, 04:07 PM
1st!

:)

edit:

...and to pre-answer the next 20 questions coming:

.... for maintenance....

:p

LuKaSu
09-12-2014, 04:40 PM
The DDO Game Servers and http://myaccount.turbine.com will be offline for maintenance on Monday, September 15th from 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT). The forums remain up, but players may not be able to log in. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Aw, man. September 15th is Independence Day in several Central American countries (Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua). So, I don't have to go to work that day. :-(

I understand Monday being update day, so we don't have Friday issues bleeding into weekends, but it seems most get-off-work holidays are on Mondays, so if it ever goes for a vote, I vote for Tuesdays being the typical scheduled downtime day.

Tscheuss
09-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Aw, man. September 15th is Independence Day in several Central American countries (Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua). So, I don't have to go to work that day. :-(

I understand Monday being update day, so we don't have Friday issues bleeding into weekends, but it seems most get-off-work holidays are on Mondays, so if it ever goes for a vote, I vote for Tuesdays being the typical scheduled downtime day.

That sounds like a good idea. :)

LeoLionxxx
09-12-2014, 05:27 PM

Ya, this seems reasonable.

UurlockYgmeov
09-12-2014, 05:52 PM
1st!

:)

edit:

...and to pre-answer the next 20 questions coming:

:p

SO U23 on Wednesday then :P

Saaluta
09-12-2014, 07:51 PM
While you are at it, can you make sure to restart the Khyber server? Even if some say that lag does not exist, those of us who actually play have had terrible times with the "doesn't exist" monster...

Saal :)

LevelJ
09-12-2014, 11:04 PM
He said 'maintenance', so guess no update quite yet. Would be nice if they stuck up CC with the new loot before the update though, so we don't have it up competing with U23 for at least part of its run.

-Jayron

Nayus
09-13-2014, 02:00 PM
Even if some say that lag does not existIt doesn't =3

panekiller
09-13-2014, 10:02 PM
will this fix the error i get when i try to log into my account to change my cc info....or my ability to buy stuff from the store like astal shards......

Cordovan
09-14-2014, 10:12 AM
will this fix the error i get when i try to log into my account to change my cc info....or my ability to buy stuff from the store like astal shards......

Probably not. For issues with purchasing or updating credit card information, please get in touch with Account Support, either by phone or through support.turbine.com.

arkonas
09-14-2014, 04:26 PM
Probably not. For issues with purchasing or updating credit card information, please get in touch with Account Support, either by phone or through support.turbine.com.

will this address the crashing issues that happen with loading screens? there have been a lot of people who have suffered through this besides myself. there was even a topic on it.

janave
09-15-2014, 02:02 AM
He said 'maintenance', so guess no update quite yet. Would be nice if they stuck up CC with the new loot before the update though, so we don't have it up competing with U23 for at least part of its run.

-Jayron

Thats actually a solid suggestion, it would be nice if the updates would not collide with: events, bonus days

PaddyMaxson
09-15-2014, 05:15 AM
Forgot it was maint dfay;...took a holiday from, work for an epic 3 day weekend of DDO with a friend :( 2.5 day ddo weekend cause I just woke up and now it's 5 hours till I can play

Uska
09-15-2014, 09:16 AM
While you are at it, can you make sure to restart the Khyber server? Even if some say that lag does not exist, those of us who actually play have had terrible times with the "doesn't exist" monster...

Saal :)

I quit playing khyber for 2 years due to lag and it does seem to be showing up again more lately

Knight_slayer
09-15-2014, 09:51 AM

I tried that, for two years I have not been able to buy points. I have put in multiple tickets on the forums and in game and have never received a responce, calling is not an option.

Cordovan
09-15-2014, 09:51 AM
The maintenance downtime has been extended until 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). We apologize for the inconvenience, and will keep you updated.

moomooprincess
09-15-2014, 09:53 AM
The maintenance downtime has been extended until 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). We apologize for the inconvenience, and will keep you updated.

Oh, bummer.

sheltong
09-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Oh, bummer.

I hope in all this the Devs are fixing the lag in the canith/house k craft houses:confused:

Eryhn
09-15-2014, 10:09 AM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m57ojsR1rO1rvfy6do1_500.gif

Hiponic
09-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Never seen a Fix/Update actually go on time, I dont know why they dont just give them selves More time instead of getting on here and having to **** people off again lol.

General_Gronker
09-15-2014, 10:19 AM
Never seen a Fix/Update actually go on time,
Your perception of it has no impact on the facts, and the facts are that for a while there, they were nailing the times, even occasionally getting back online before scheduled. Sadly, those times were brief, and I fear will not return.

Hiponic
09-15-2014, 10:25 AM
lol Love these forums.

Your wrong!!! But ima say what you just said.. Just a little nicer... BUT YOUR WRONG lol
Love you people

Maergery
09-15-2014, 10:26 AM
Ghallanda is up and working now :)

Hendrik
09-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Never seen a Fix/Update actually go on time, I dont know why they dont just give them selves More time instead of getting on here and having to **** people off again lol.

Never?

Then you must have missed the Aug 4 update that was early. And the July 14th, July 16th, and June 30th, while extended, still opened early. Can go on and on....

I dare guess you had never looked into facts before making such a statement.

Eryhn
09-15-2014, 10:33 AM
if by early you mean the deadline got extended about at the time the servers should have reopened rather than in advance and then like today they made it earlier then the extended deadline but didn't bother putting that in the launcher or the forums or the twitter so people are aware...yes, right, occasionally there was "earlier" :lmao

well, lets not fret and kill some mobs :D

Cordovan
09-15-2014, 10:34 AM
The worlds have reopened. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game!

FranOhmsford
09-15-2014, 10:35 AM
Up 35 minutes into the 2 hr extension!

Why don't you just add an hour in the first place Devs?

Loromir
09-15-2014, 10:37 AM

Dang Turbine...why didn't you just say 35 mins in the first place?

Rolls Eyes!!!

psyco_pup
09-15-2014, 10:38 AM
Please remember, using absolutes in this uncertain infinite universe will always, without fail, leave you playing the part of the fool.

FranOhmsford
09-15-2014, 10:41 AM
Dang Turbine...why didn't you just say 35 mins in the first place?

Rolls Eyes!!!

Not the same thing at all {and I'm guessing you'd realise that if you stopped to think before attacking my post!}.

Most Updates get extended and of those extensions it's very rare we get one that goes over an hr!
If the Devs simply added an hour to their original estimate there'd be a lot less strife on the forums as there'd be a lot less extensions!

Chaimberland
09-15-2014, 10:46 AM
Most Updates get extended and of those extensions it's very rare we get one that goes over an hr!
If the Devs simply added an hour to their original estimate there'd be a lot less strife on the forums as there'd be a lot less extensions!

It would be best to go 2 hrs over the estimated time. That way when they finish early they're heroes instead of goats.

dunklezhan
09-15-2014, 11:50 AM
It would be best to go 2 hrs over the estimated time. That way when they finish early they're heroes instead of goats.

The trouble is, no one remembers when they're heroes anyway.

As I have documented elsewhere, I ran some numbers on Turbine downtime spread over the last I think 3 years or so. Basically as far back as this version of the forums goes.

Showed that on average they reopen early more often than they reopen late. I assure you your confirmation bias is showing if you think otherwise. And it wasn't a close run thing. They are early FAR more often than they are late. I'm not saying this was always the case. But for the last couple of years at least, you can't really accuse Turbine of 'always' being late. It was never literally true of course, but honestly, these days you can't even accuse them of 'usually' being late ("often" would not be unreasonable however).

Now, what the stats also showed is that WHEN they open late they tend to open VERY late. When they open early they don't tend to open that much earlier than the stated time.

This is much as I would expect: if things don't go to plan it's hard to sort out because you just can't plan for every contingency.

This time around it is indeed 35 mins late but this really wouldn't change the outcome of those stats in a direction other than turbine's favour - they just cut the 'average minutes late' figure because usually its hours late.

Anyway. There's a thread somewhere probably two or three months old where I posted a table. Do a search on my posts you'll find it eventually. No one queried the maths or base figures at the time, but folk are welcome to do so, since Turbine are very unlikely to publish the actual stats (though I have no idea why they'd be so shy if I'm correct).

Lifespawn
09-15-2014, 11:52 AM

This just seems like complaining they were able to work faster than expected without getting infractions I can't comment further.

DakFrost
09-15-2014, 03:53 PM
Never?

Then you must have missed the Aug 4 update that was early. And the July 14th, July 16th, and June 30th, while extended, still opened early. Can go on and on....

I dare guess you had never looked into facts before making such a statement.

HAHAHA...

Really??

"They extended the time, but they opened the game before the extension time ran out, so really, they were ahead of schedule." Is about the lamest fanbio excuse I've ever seen.

Your facts are hilarious.

Seikojin
09-15-2014, 04:51 PM
When a maintenance is scheduled, they have an estimate based on the workload ordered. Any time their product is down, turbine and wb lose money. So overestimating does nothing but make them lose money. Not everyone waits at the login screen for it to allow entry, or babysit the forums or social feeds to watch for login updates.

Uska
09-16-2014, 07:42 AM

Seen it several times and even early a time or two

Lifespawn
09-16-2014, 08:57 AM

yep cause that works great for the cable companies we'll be there between 8-5 makes people happy.

Quazimoto
09-18-2014, 06:19 PM
The worlds have reopened. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game!

Having trouble log-ining on Khyber since the update. How do I go about getting a refund Cordovan. My point of no return is now with respect to this game. Community, please dont respond. I actually want to hear this answer from a Turbine representative. At least they could acknowledge me as a customer once before I leave.

G_Lich
09-18-2014, 09:55 PM
Laggy since patch, please put in fix request.

zagler
09-21-2014, 11:36 AM
Dear DDO:I don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but since the maintenance on Monday, I'm having issues with the pre-login stuff. It is downloading an EN splash something page and it is taking me, like, a full minute (or more--feels like an hour lol) to get to the actual log-in screen. After that point, it actually seems faster than before. Also, I agree with the others with regard to MAJOR lag. There are times when I cannot move or do anything (except talk when in a party) for 3+ minutes--like literal minutes, it's not just impatience, in quests or common areas. Just wanted to let you know. Thank you.