PDA

View Full Version : Epic Destiny help

DANTEIL
09-11-2014, 01:56 PM
I have been slowly leveling my first character into the Epic levels, and he is now a level 23 18 Bard/1 Barb/1 Ftr -- generally a 2HF warchanter. I have also been leveling in the Fatesinger Epic Destiny (which I have really liked), but have now reached the "Maximum Epic XP" in Fatesinger -- so my understanding is that if I want to keep leveling I have to switch to a different Epic Destiny.

So I am looking for guidance/suggestions on two things: First, what would be the best 'new' Epic Destiny to level in next? From what I understand, I have unlocked both Magister and Draconic Incarnation in the Arcane sphere, plus Shadowdancer in the Martial sphere. Relatively few of the skills in these other trees seem obviously relevant for my Bard, but perhaps there are more subtle things I'm missing. Any thoughts on which way to go? I'll really miss some of the Fatesinger stuff. It seems weird to suddenly become less powerful in the midst of leveling up.

Second, I have also unlocked the first Twist of Fate slot (and I discovered by playing with it that this is for Tier 1 only so far). Any suggestions on better things to 'twist' from Fatesinger? Of the Tier 1 abilities I seem to use O Fortuna (Inspire Courage) the most, but perhaps I should just keep the +1 Charisma instead.

Anyway, this Epic Destiny stuff is new to me, so thanks in advance for any suggestions.

cru121
09-11-2014, 02:07 PM
As a bard, you should progress towards Cocoon asap. Cocoon is Primal Avatar. Plan accordingly.
That said, if you want, get the first level of Magister or Draconic, it seems to have tastier lowlevel twists than Fatesinger.

unbongwah
09-11-2014, 02:57 PM
so my understanding is that if I want to keep leveling I have to switch to a different Epic Destiny.
You can continue to gain epic lvls while in a maxed-out ED. You will also continue to earn Karma in your current Sphere until you hit the Karma cap of 6M per Sphere, which is "cashed in" when you Epic Reincarnate (ER). However, you can only level other EDs while they are active; and even if you don't want abilities from them, you need to level them in order to earn Fate Pts to unlock Twists of Fate.

First off, take a look at the ED feats (http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Destiny_Feats) to figure what you want to take; that gives you some idea as to which EDs you should max out. Lasting Inspiration is an obvious choice for a bard, IMHO; and since you've maxed out FS, you've got that one covered. PTHF (+10% glancing blow dmg) or PTWF (+5% doublestrike) are obvious picks for a THF build, which require maxing out a Primal ED. FotW is the best choice for a melee build, so I would work your way over to there. Though you may want to max out Legendary Dreadnought first, just to experience the OP glory that is Master's Blitz before it gets nerfed - errr, "re-balanced" - by U23. ;)

Livmo
09-11-2014, 03:04 PM
I like to twist these when I unlock all three twist slots at Tier 1, Energy Sheath (fire) for FoT and Fire on Thunder Peaks, and I take healing Spring and Cocoon with the others.

I only put enough xp into Draconic to be able to twist Energy Sheath for the most part.

Also I will change my active destiney when I want a better match up for a quest/raid. I like Fury of the Wild when I want ranged DPS and I like Unyielding Sentinel for durbility.

I change my twists around too when it suits me.

Seikojin
09-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Since fatesinger is in the arcane sphere, the best bet is to do the three martial destinies to unlock divine and primal (whichever you need first), then to the first destiny in those respective spheres. This will allow you to change to any destiny for levelling purposes.

Nothing beats hitting 20 and having any destiny build available to you.

DANTEIL
09-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the responses... very useful! It sounds like I will go with Shadowdancer, with the goal being to unlock the Martial sphere destinies, and then probably Primal. But I don't have to max anything else out, unless I want a specific Epic feat. Getting additional Twists would be nice, too. At least leveling EDs doesn't take as long as character levels!

Enoach
09-11-2014, 05:53 PM
I would also recommend going with a minimal approach for unlocking and getting Fate Points for twists to start with

Such as:
Shadow Dancer: 3 levels
Legendary Dreadnaught: 4 levels - unlock to Primal
Sheradi Champion: 3 levels
Primal Avatar: 3 levels
Fury of the Wild: 3 levels
Draconic: 3 levels (go 4 if you have enough fate points to unlock the Energy Burst and have SP to use it with)
Magistar: 3 levels
Grand Master of Flowers: 4 levels to unlock Divine
Unyielding Sentinel 3 levels
Exalted Angel: 3 levels
Divine Crusader: 3 levels

This will get you the lions share of Fate Points usable for low tier Twists for all three slots.

You can then return later and max out each one or even simply spend 1 levels worth as you get them all to 4, then 5 and then Max.

N-0cturn
09-12-2014, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the responses... very useful! It sounds like I will go with Shadowdancer, with the goal being to unlock the Martial sphere destinies, and then probably Primal. But I don't have to max anything else out, unless I want a specific Epic feat. Getting additional Twists would be nice, too. At least leveling EDs doesn't take as long as character levels!

I would level Magister and Draconic to lvl 1 First. Energy Sheath and Unearthly Reactions are both very useful twists and lvl 1 really does not need much Exp.

Spoonwelder
09-13-2014, 10:36 AM
I would level Magister and Draconic to lvl 1 First. Energy Sheath and Unearthly Reactions are both very useful twists and lvl 1 really does not need much Exp.
Yeah - did two WizKings last night and got to Level 1+2pips in US.....very easy to get the first few levels of EDs done.

As THF Warchanter you will likely have the best results in Fury, LD and Divine Crusader - twists that are nice - Sense Weakness(Fury-DPS), Unearthly Reactions(Mag-saves), Lithe (Shadow-saves), Improved Power Attack(LD-DPS), Coccoon (PA- Healing), Healing Spring (Shiradi - Healing)

silinteresting
09-13-2014, 11:12 AM
I have been slowly leveling my first character into the Epic levels, and he is now a level 23 18 Bard/1 Barb/1 Ftr -- generally a 2HF warchanter. I have also been leveling in the Fatesinger Epic Destiny (which I have really liked), but have now reached the "Maximum Epic XP" in Fatesinger -- so my understanding is that if I want to keep leveling I have to switch to a different Epic Destiny.

So I am looking for guidance/suggestions on two things: First, what would be the best 'new' Epic Destiny to level in next? From what I understand, I have unlocked both Magister and Draconic Incarnation in the Arcane sphere, plus Shadowdancer in the Martial sphere. Relatively few of the skills in these other trees seem obviously relevant for my Bard, but perhaps there are more subtle things I'm missing. Any thoughts on which way to go? I'll really miss some of the Fatesinger stuff. It seems weird to suddenly become less powerful in the midst of leveling up.

Second, I have also unlocked the first Twist of Fate slot (and I discovered by playing with it that this is for Tier 1 only so far). Any suggestions on better things to 'twist' from Fatesinger? Of the Tier 1 abilities I seem to use O Fortuna (Inspire Courage) the most, but perhaps I should just keep the +1 Charisma instead.

Anyway, this Epic Destiny stuff is new to me, so thanks in advance for any suggestions.

ok first of welcome to destinys, now is where the fun and your power starts.

if i were you i would do the following.

1st get one level only in the magister tree to able to twist in unearthly reactions,
trust me the phase part will save your life a few times and +6 reflex is always welcome.

2nd after magister i would then start working on shadowowdancer and gain 3 levels only.
there a few nice bits in there at low levels such as, lithe and grim precision.

3rd when shadowdancer is at 3rd level then you can go into legendry dreadnought, now this
is a very good destiny for a thf melee, lots of cool stuff. getting 4 levels in this destiny
will then open up the primal sphere.

after doing the above (if you choose too) more fate points will have been accumilated which is cool.
have fun with them......

no matter what you do have fun.

your friend sil :)