PDA

View Full Version : Don't Read, it will only make you sad.

Vasax
09-11-2014, 12:07 PM
Top 50 things you will never see in DDO.

50. A working Auction system, selling items anywhere place them at vendor stores closest to them
49. More involvement of WofC
48. Marriage/Divorce
47. Additional underwater combat
46. Airship portals inside the Hall of Heroes - Added to U24/U25
45. Waterdeep & Undermountain
44. Expansions of Underdark and the Drow cities
43. Gnomes - Added to U30
42. Trap crafting that is effective beyond level 10 - Added to U25
41. Remove Karma, it's stupid
40. Completionist feat should be automatically given on achievement, not cost a feat or make destiny past life feats require a feat.
39. Ending Power Creep updates
38. Age, Expanded Bio panel options, more text, ability to export character stats
37. Ability to turn the Pay-to-Win shard UI options off, maybe with a Pay-to-Win option, even tho we just high it behind a toolbar
36. A real UI over-hall and update, give us LUA API access!
35. Goblins
34. Real Estate, personal stores and shops
33. Fishing
33. Make Encumbrance matter beyond level 1
32. Epic Secrets of the Artificers, even tho the raids are
31. Vaults of the Artificers item level increase, new challenges, new Eveningstar Challenges, different rewards
30. New Servers - Migrated 2016
29. Sieges, which is not outside the mechanics of game
28. More voice overs - Added to U24/U25
27. Gem trading for Collectables, collectables in Faerun, high level collectable trade ins - Added to U29 ( CC only )
26. Stop putting 10 level 12 throwing darts in a level 30 raid chest
25. More traps and complicated trap areas - Added to U24/U25
24. New Player emotes or Monster Manual updates - Added to U25+ ( MM Only )
23. Story Tie Ups, so many loose ends
22. Epic Korthos
21. Weapons on backs, visible when sheathed
20. Mounts
19. Cloaks
18. Item stack increases - Added to U25/Limited, thieves tools and ammo chest drops
17. Toolbar quiver swamping
16. New Wands, Wands that work at Epic Elite levels
15. Spell binding items, spell Canith Crafting, revisiting and improving old crafting systems - Added to U25/Limited/U29
14. Levels beyond 30, Demigod, Deity or follower there of
13. Evil Alignment
12. Companions that offer more than a visual effect
11. Character retirement into a permanent NPC somewere in Eberron, with textual dialog with the retirement robe armor kit
10. Earrings
09. Random generated multi-level dungeon crawl area - Added to U25/Limited Temple of Elemental Evil
08. Stamina or Food mechanics
07. Random generated puzzles, language specialization, (ex: only characters who understand Orc may open this door)
06. AI that prevents solo exploiting characters designs or increase in quest difficultly to almost the impossible, some miss the Super Weapon Shipment Army of Craziness glitch
05. Quests that require healer classes - Added to U34 ( See Reaper )
04. Quests that require groups to split up and possible solo a part as a requirement (wizard class this way, healer that way), no pets, charms or hirelings workarounds
03. Battles that last more than 5 minutes, not including raids
02. The Dungeon Master NPC
01. Kobold playable race

zwiebelring
09-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Most things on this list are things for a game, which is not DDO. And that is something, which makes me very happy.

/thread fail

EnziteBob
09-11-2014, 12:45 PM
more than half of this would never work in DDO

droid327
09-11-2014, 12:56 PM
The preponderance of those items I dont really care about one way or another.

Some of those items I'd be actively opposed to implementing (no Evil PCs!)

Only one of those items (#9) is something I'd ever actively campaign to implement.

cave_diver
09-11-2014, 01:00 PM
OP has mostly good points and some bad.

Unfortunately most would never get implemented since it seems Turbine (and WB) sees this as a dieing game, they will continue to fund it as long as there is money to be made. Limited budget and a skeleton crew of devs compared to when the last 2 expansions came out. Stores have stopped offering point cards, Turbine no longer advertises their product, writing is on the wall.

I still enjoy the game but I am not blind to the obvious.

dunklezhan
09-11-2014, 01:08 PM
#7-like things should be possible - they gave out those free wilderness/arcane/religion lore skills a while back, and I don't see why you couldn't have optionals that required one of those or a specific race or even religion choice for those that get them. If they're optionals, what would be the problem? Skill check to use something is already in the game - UMD, open locks, search, diplomacy in dialogue choices and so on. Don't see why another skill trigger couldn't be added.

droid327
09-11-2014, 01:32 PM
#7-like things should be possible - they gave out those free wilderness/arcane/religion lore skills a while back, and I don't see why you couldn't have optionals that required one of those or a specific race or even religion choice for those that get them. If they're optionals, what would be the problem? Skill check to use something is already in the game - UMD, open locks, search, diplomacy in dialogue choices and so on. Don't see why another skill trigger couldn't be added.

Rest Stop has an optional that requires those Divine Lore and Arcane Studies feats (or whatever they're called). Prison of the Planes has an optional that requires Lawful. I think there's at least one other quest I cant remember right now that has optionals that require/reward Divine Lore.

Its not just stat and skill checks; they do exist. You might argue they should be used more, but the counterargument there is its not really rewarding you for playing the game, just for picking one class; there's not really any opportunity cost for Divine Lore like there is for stats or skills. You either have it or you dont.

MonadRebelion
09-11-2014, 01:56 PM
The preponderance of those items I dont really care about one way or another.

Some of those items I'd be actively opposed to implementing (no Evil PCs!)

Only one of those items (#9) is something I'd ever actively campaign to implement.

I would love to see evil PCs. I think they should build an expansion around it. In addition to new quests with the expansion they could rework old quests so evil PC's could interact differently with NPC's and quests. They could introduce some new classes for evil characters. Wouldn't you love to see anti-paladins? Death Knight iconics? Half-demon/devil races?

Ralmeth
09-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Meh...that's a glass half-empty way to look at things and ultimately not a terribly helpful list for the developers. If you feel strongly about getting something added in DDO, why don't you pick that one or two things you would really like to see and make a case to add them? I do have to say that most of the items on your list I don't care too much about, though there are a few things that would be cool. Specifically:

39 - Ending power creep...If I were DM I would never have let the power creep get so out of hand, but as you put it on the list, this will not happen. In order to find balance the developers either nerf certain overpowered things, which people will cry and complain about (and potentially leave), so in order to not risk losing customers, the developers will increase the power of everything else to find balance. This is a good thing IMHO because everyone wants to contribute to the success of a quest. It is NOT fun to feel like a 5th wheel.

28 - More voice overs - Yes please! Adding voice overs to NPCs instead of dialog boxes would really add to immersion, and be very cool.

21 & 19 - Weapons on backs, weapons in sheathes, cloaks - Yes please. That would look cool

Uska
09-11-2014, 06:22 PM
Most of those things I am very happy aren't in the game and I hope your right that they never will be.

1. Evil alignment bad idea in any game and besides without a lot of work would be pointless

2. PC demigods people have big enough egos now.

Uska
09-11-2014, 06:25 PM
I would love to see evil PCs. I think they should build an expansion around it. In addition to new quests with the expansion they could rework old quests so evil PC's could interact differently with NPC's and quests. They could introduce some new classes for evil characters. Wouldn't you love to see anti-paladins? Death Knight iconics? Half-demon/devil races?

HELL NO! and they already said no evil ever! thank goodness

Uska
09-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Meh...that's a glass half-empty way to look at things and ultimately not a terribly helpful list for the developers. If you feel strongly about getting something added in DDO, why don't you pick that one or two things you would really like to see and make a case to add them? I do have to say that most of the items on your list I don't care too much about, though there are a few things that would be cool. Specifically:

39 - Ending power creep...If I were DM I would never have let the power creep get so out of hand, but as you put it on the list, this will not happen. In order to find balance the developers either nerf certain overpowered things, which people will cry and complain about (and potentially leave), so in order to not risk losing customers, the developers will increase the power of everything else to find balance. This is a good thing IMHO because everyone wants to contribute to the success of a quest. It is NOT fun to feel like a 5th wheel.

28 - More voice overs - Yes please! Adding voice overs to NPCs instead of dialog boxes would really add to immersion, and be very cool.

21 & 19 - Weapons on backs, weapons in sheathes, cloaks - Yes please. That would look cool

yes death to power creep, in my dream game there would be no enhancements and tomes would be much rarer than they are and 99% of the items in game would vanish but many would cry they love the Monty Haul world we live in.

SirValentine
09-12-2014, 04:19 AM
Quite a few of the things you say will never happen are already in the game.

And even more of them that aren't, but it doesn't make me sad, because I really hope they do never happen.

Of the ones left, a few would make me sad if they really did never happen, but unless you're secretly DDO's Producer-For-Life, I don't think you get to decide.

Flavilandile
09-12-2014, 04:50 AM

50. A working Auction system, selling items anywhere place them at vendor stores closest to them
48. Marriage/Divorce

48 : Already happened... there's a thread somewhere in the forum archive about one such thing.

46. Airship portals inside the Hall of Heroes
43. Gnomes
42. Trap crafting that is effective beyond level 10
40. Completionist feat should be automatically given on achievement, not cost a feat
38. Age, Expanded Bio panel options, more text
37. Ability to turn the Pay-to-Win shard options off, maybe with a Pay-to-Win option
36. A real UI over-hall and update

36 :Actually providing the required information for all the Custom UI people out there would be faster and cheaper for Turbine...
But since MoTU they have given any new information so all the custom UI are left to rot.

35. Goblins
33. Fishing

33 : Once upon a time encumbrance mattered... And it was quite common to end Shroud crawling due to encumbrance.
It was removed due to the fact that it was annoying lots vocal of people at that time.

31. Vaults of the Artificers item level increase, new challenges, new Eveningstar Challenges, different rewards
30. New Servers
28. More voice overs
27. Gem trading for Collectables, collectables in Faerun, high level collectable trade ins
25. More traps and complicated trap areas
24. New Player emotes

24 : Already happened, new emotes have been added ( typical : /dance2 ) in the past.

22. Epic Korthos
20. Mounts
19. Cloaks
18. Item stack increases
15. Spell binding items, spell Canith Crafting, revisiting and improving old crafting systems
13. Evil Alignment
11. Character retirement into a permanent NPC somewere in Eberron, with textual dialog with the retirement robe armor kit
10. Earrings
09. Random generated multi-level dungeon crawl area
07. Random generated puzzles, language specialization, (ex: only characters who understand Orc may open this door)
06. AI that prevents solo exploiting characters designs or increase in quest difficultly to almost the impossible, some miss the Super Weapon Shipment Army of Craziness glitch
05. Quests that require healer classes

05 : Once upon a time, you couldn't log a cleric or a Bard without receiving 10 to 20 tells asking for you to join... because healers were mandatory to complete quests.
Nowadays with the Everybody Self-heal Cocoon, Healers are just a wasted character slot.

04. Quests that require groups to split up and possible solo a part as a requirement (wizard class this way, healer that way), no pets, charms or hirelings workarounds

04 : There's already several quests were you have to split into groups... VON5, Twillight Forge, one or two of the Necro quest, Xoriath Cypher, ...

01. Kobold playable race

Things that are never going to happen IMO :
45, 41, 39, 34, 21, 20, 19, 13, 10, 08, 07, 06.

Talon_Moonshadow
09-12-2014, 06:23 AM
I love #39, right after #40.

Karadon_II
09-12-2014, 06:54 AM

play a Shadar-Kai

sebastianosmith
09-12-2014, 07:14 AM
48 : Already happened... there's a thread somewhere in the forum archive about one such thing.

I attended it on March 11, 2011. It took place on Sarlona at the theater in Phiarlan (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/306217-Wedding-Pics). There was much dwarven sneak humping.

Ralmeth
09-12-2014, 10:37 AM
yes death to power creep, in my dream game there would be no enhancements and tomes would be much rarer than they are and 99% of the items in game would vanish but many would cry they love the Monty Haul world we live in.

In my dream game, I would:

Roll the level cap back to 20
All epic junk would be removed
Epic-only quests would have their level & difficulty changed to something heroic level (ex. Eveningstar quests are now level 14 or something)
Some quests would still have an epic option, but these would become level 20 like they used to be, though you could still select EN,EH or EE
End game goes back to Amarath and similar end game feeling areas & quests, Raids and epic versions of various packs
I would definitely keep the enhancement system - I think the developers did a really great job with this system
Massively tone down the power of random loot

I realize in practice this wouldn't make business sense as this would drive a lot of players away, and I would feel bad about all the work lots of people put into their characters. But this would be my dream game;)

ishunt
09-13-2014, 02:01 PM
#3 is false. Elite In the Demon's Den takes 1 hour at the very least. The pit takes much more than 5 minutes. Misery's peak on a person's very first time through takes more than 5 minutes. These times made assuming elite difficulty, in level band for BB.

bennyson
09-13-2014, 02:44 PM

How and where did this happen.

Please enlighten me.

sebastianosmith
09-13-2014, 03:59 PM
I attended it on March 11, 2011. It took place on Sarlona at the theater in Phiarlan (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/306217-Wedding-Pics). There was much dwarven sneak humping.

How and where did this happen.

Please enlighten me.

See link above ^ :D

bennyson
09-13-2014, 04:33 PM
See link above ^ :D

Now I understand where this came from.

CARRY ON FOLKS!

lyrecono
09-13-2014, 05:36 PM

could be usefull, but is it so hard running between them?
realy? WotC kinda screwed over their fans with 4.0 it would't do much good for ddo
48. Marriage/Divorce
technical dificulties, red fens was the best they could do, a slow down effect and a variance in gravity.
46. Airship portals inside the Hall of Heroes
i would jump for the chance of some multilevel dungeons, undermountain is mostly low level at the start, while most of eveningstar is epic. seeing Haunted halls getting an epic treatment felt horribly wrong. it is low lv content and it shows.
please, no more emo clowns, drow or shardo clowns.
43. Gnomes
some acknowledgement in the form of a post office would be nice
42. Trap crafting that is effective beyond level 10
40. Completionist feat should be automatically given on achievement, not cost a feat
amen to that
not gone hapen, ever
38. Age, Expanded Bio panel options, more text
intresting atleast
37. Ability to turn the Pay-to-Win shard options off, maybe with a Pay-to-Win option
yes please
36. A real UI over-hall and update
.....maybe better skins?
35. Goblins
rarely make it of Darguun, too weak
not enough server room/speed for houses, game lags when i open gargantium bags, personal shops? you mean like opening your own shop? whats wrong with the AH?
33. Fishing
for what, there is no crafting system that suports this, were supposed to be the heroes, not the manual laborers.
it still does.
meh...
meh, how about more original Eberron quest instead of generic challenges?
30. New Servers
No money to keep people employed, where would the money for servers come from?
In D&D you're the hero, not generic footsoldier number12, also if you mean faction based sieges, they don't work in ddo for the same reason pvp doesn't work.
28. More voice overs
why?
27. Gem trading for Collectables, collectables in Faerun, high level collectable trade ins
please no, less vanilla filling more stuff that actually matters (new original Eberron content)
Last time they worked on the loot tables we got ghostbanes. we're still missing some items. i rather don't want them tinkering with loot tables. just don;'t pick up trash loot?
25. More traps and complicated trap areas
?
24. New Player emotes
mybe, try convincing turbine to sell them, worked for aion
i agree here, too many loose ends
22. Epic Korthos
hahahahahahaha, no thank you, how about original content?
useful and would help aesthetics in town.
20. Mounts
to ride where? and why? you have instant travel (teleport), airships, instant caravans, etc. most quests are to small for mounts anyway
19. Cloaks
they are here, as for having them displayed? no thank you, enough lag in the game (not just for me but for my party members too)
18. Item stack increases
swapping?
wands are mostly used for buffs etc, not for (level based)damage, nor were they intended too
15. Spell binding items, spell Canith Crafting, revisiting and improving old crafting systems
meh, by that level you should be moving onto named loot
Eberron has no active gods, deities usually have more then 40 hd
13. Evil Alignment
no, just no, don't give players reason to be a holes to each other, this game is about working together, if you want to be evil, just role play it, i do hope you enjoy playing solo though
technicly that would be pay to win, you would have a huge backlash from that.
11. Character retirement into a permanent NPC somewere in Eberron, with textual dialog with the retirement robe armor kit.
why? i know people with 40 retired alts, they all get an npc? no thank you.
10. Earrings
more power i guess, kinda meh
doesn't work, all they can do is pre-generate a bunch of variants, once you've seen them all the effect is gone.
ever played fatal labyrinth or super hydlide? didn't work all that well for them either
no, forcing party leaders to take certain races and therefor excluding other races is a realy bad idea. having more diolog options for some races on the other hand might me nice.
bs, some people are just better at playing this game then others
wich quests are those? a few raids maybe, most (viable) classes can selfheal though
already here.
run with more gimped people instead of competent players? seriously? most people would get bored fast beating down high hp mobs
too costly.
01. Kobold playable race
pfff, how about getting some of the base and core Eberron races?

i understand that people can have different viewpoints on their favorite game but i'm seriously asking myself if this is a troll post, more than half is not viable with the current engine or financial status

bennyson
09-13-2014, 05:40 PM
i understand that people can have different viewpoints on their favorite game but i'm seriously asking myself if this is a troll post, more than half is not viable with the current engine or financial status

I think you answered your own question.

P.S. Speaking of trolls, what happened to Teh_Troll?

lyrecono
09-13-2014, 06:32 PM
I think you answered your own question.

P.S. Speaking of trolls, what happened to Teh_Troll?

the op is overreaching with his wishlist, common sense wold halved the list.
i have no idea, i haven't seen him and char in a while, maybe a new forum handle/different game after the U19 debacle?

Certon
09-15-2014, 11:48 AM
Kobolds as PC's? Yes, please.

Skyrunner
09-26-2014, 04:27 AM
New server!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

painkiller3
09-26-2014, 07:49 AM
In my dream game, I would:

Roll the level cap back to 20
Some quests would still have an epic option, but these would become level 20 like they used to be, though you could still select EN,EH or EE

what would the point of EN, EH, EE be if level 20 is cap, no EDs, etc so no xp is needed? if they were to roll it back, i would hope they would roll it all the way back and make it one play a day, and only EE option...then we'd see if people really prefer the Shard/Seal/Scroll method of getting one new epic item a month ;)

Vasax
03-24-2015, 09:47 AM
updated

Uska
03-24-2015, 10:45 AM
doh old thread

die
03-24-2015, 11:26 AM
Most things on this list are things for a game, which is not DDO. And that is something, which makes me very happy.

/thread fail

I Second this sentiment.

Maldrak
04-06-2015, 08:56 AM
Missed:
18. Item stack increases:
-got into U25 for Thieve's Tools, I believe. (now stack to 1000). Something else got its stack size increased too I think (ammo maybe, can't remember).

I'd LOVE to see:
36. A real UI over-hall and update, give us LUA API access!
--Oh THIS PLEASE! The built in UI is so badly LACKING! :)

--I'd LOVE a super high CR wilderness area to be created at the bottom of that "suicide" chasm. --To quote Gimli: "Ahhh. we can take 'em!"

--DROOOLLL!! I would want this soooo bad! Now THAT'S an expansion pack I'd pay real moneys for! ;)

I'd LIKE to see, but could live without - if I HAD to...:
22. Epic Korthos
--I'd love to be able to go back to Korthos at lvl 20+!
--Would love to see Gygax as a DM in game NPC -- replace the TR lady with this character. Can you imagine reincarnating with the help of the ultimate DM? ::GRIN::

visibleman
04-11-2015, 12:07 PM
top 50 things you will never see in ddo.

50. A working auction system, selling items anywhere place them at vendor stores closest to them
49. More involvement of wofc
48. Marriage/divorce
46. Airship portals inside the hall of heroes - added to u24/u25
45. Waterdeep & undermountain
44. Expansions of underdark and the drow cities
43. Gnomes
42. Trap crafting that is effective beyond level 10 - added to u25
41. Remove karma, it's stupid
40. Completionist feat should be automatically given on achievement, not cost a feat or make destiny past life feats require a feat.
39. Ending power creep updates
38. Age, expanded bio panel options, more text, ability to export character stats
37. Ability to turn the pay-to-win shard ui options off, maybe with a pay-to-win option, even tho we just high it behind a toolbar
36. A real ui over-hall and update, give us lua api access!
35. Goblins
34. Real estate, personal stores and shops
33. Fishing
33. Make encumbrance matter beyond level 1
32. Epic secrets of the artificers, even tho the raids are
31. Vaults of the artificers item level increase, new challenges, new eveningstar challenges, different rewards
30. New servers
28. More voice overs - added to u24/u25
27. Gem trading for collectables, collectables in faerun, high level collectable trade ins
25. More traps and complicated trap areas - added to u24/u25
24. New player emotes or monster manual updates - added to u25
23. Story tie ups, so many loose ends
22. Epic korthos
20. Mounts
19. Cloaks
18. Item stack increases
16. New wands, wands that work at epic elite levels
15. Spell binding items, spell canith crafting, revisiting and improving old crafting systems - added to u25/limited
14. Levels beyond 30, demigod, deity or follower there of
13. Evil alignment
11. Character retirement into a permanent npc somewere in eberron, with textual dialog with the retirement robe armor kit
10. Earrings
08. Stamina or food mechanics
07. Random generated puzzles, language specialization, (ex: Only characters who understand orc may open this door)
06. Ai that prevents solo exploiting characters designs or increase in quest difficultly to almost the impossible, some miss the super weapon shipment army of craziness glitch
02. The dungeon master npc
01. Kobold playable race

tl/dr

Vasax
01-30-2017, 02:11 PM
Updated

ishr
01-30-2017, 02:50 PM
Relevant thread necromancy.