PDA

View Full Version : Horrific Air Elemental Form Animation Work Around

Chilldude
09-02-2014, 03:47 PM
The air elemental form animation is horrendous. The top of the tornado covers the entire center of the screen. It's like they said, "Oh, you want to be in air elemental form eh? Well good luck trying to see what the hell you are doing." It's so bloody awful that I never used it. Really, there's no end to the bad ideas when it comes to Turbine, the added 10% cost of spells is insane... it should be the opposite, being in elemental form should reduce spell cost by 10%, so I never really cared too much about the stupendously dreadful animation until recently.

I just came up with a new way to mindlessly zerg through dungeons. Forget Energy Burst... you only get to be epic every 30 seconds... and if you are zerging with others it's hard to get everything to group up nicely anyway. What I do now is go into Magister and twist in the tier 4 Draconic ability Blue Dragon Knowledge for +3 Max Caster level... giving me +6 Max Caster levels from EDs and then if you go into elemental form you get another for +7.

While a caster level or two by itself makes very little difference, +7 caster levels makes quite a bit of difference. 25-30% more damage per cast, and when you're pumping out AoEs left and right, the difference is quite tasty. This wouldn't be a great way to go for EE because ignorantly high mob reflex saves was the only way Turbine could think of increasing the difficulty for casters. In EE it's definitely better to just ignore mob reflex saves with mass holds and then just obliterate the entire room with a single spell.

Anyway, as I was saying, the air elemental form animation is truly revolting, and while elemental form ability is so remarkably feeble there's almost no reason to ever waste 10% of your spell points, when you are mindlessly zerging out XP in this grindfest of an MMO, SP is the very least of your worries.

When you log in, just type /death right away, when you appear at your bind point you'll still be in form but the breathtakingly repugnant Air Elemental Animation will be gone.

moo_cow
09-02-2014, 03:55 PM
Even though the air elemental stance is shown as on after you die, it actually isn't. Look at your fort, you will notice that it went down 100%. I have died in WGU on my air savant and got fts after, meaning that the effects wear off when you die even if it is showing as activated.

Chilldude
09-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Even though the air elemental stance is shown as on after you die, it actually isn't.

Tragically you are quite correct indeed. The toggle appears to remain on, but if you look at stats and combat logs you can see you are definitely no longer in form. =/

Well, Air Elemental Form has gone back to being absolutely useless to me.

Chilldude
09-02-2014, 04:25 PM
In case anyone is curious just how dreadfully obtrusive the air elemental animation is...

http://i60.tinypic.com/2wdpr3k.png

Eth
02-05-2015, 01:39 AM
I know this is an old thread, but if that helps anyone...
I noticed when you go into elemental form and cast stoneskin on yourself, your look goes back to normal, but you stay in form, when the stoneskin effect wears off - for example cast stoneskin in a public area, enter a quest, voila, normal look.
You see still some minor aspects of the elemental form, but it's far less annoying.

I tested only fire and acid elemental form, not sure if the other two work the same, but I'd imagine so.

The bug that elemental form toggle stays active after death, but isn't actually active is also still the case.

Wizza
02-05-2015, 11:38 AM
I know this is an old thread, but if that helps anyone...
I noticed when you go into elemental form and cast stoneskin on yourself, your look goes back to normal, but you stay in form, when the stoneskin effect wears off - for example cast stoneskin in a public area, enter a quest, voila, normal look.
You see still some minor aspects of the elemental form, but it's far less annoying.

I tested only fire and acid elemental form, not sure if the other two work the same, but I'd imagine so.

The bug that elemental form toggle stays active after death, but isn't actually active is also still the case.

Nop, you are wrong. Doesn't work for Air Elemental but I noticed the same about the Fire one. I think it's annoying anyway, sometimes I'd see there is no animation and think I'm not in form for some reason when I actually am.

Sunnie
02-05-2015, 11:41 AM
The Camouflage spell also is handy for reverting you back to "normal" look. Buy scrolls with it for 2 plat and 5 gold in the marketplace, as a sorc, 19 UMD should be no problem at all.