PDA

View Full Version : What to spend TP on if I'm VIP

Malkavius
09-02-2014, 05:38 AM
Other than expansions what would people recommend I spend most of my tp on? I have 725 right now and thought about just saving for an exp tome. Is there any difference between tp hirelings and regular plat bought ones?

janave
09-02-2014, 06:08 AM
Other than expansions what would people recommend I spend most of my tp on? I have 725 right now and thought about just saving for an exp tome. Is there any difference between tp hirelings and regular plat bought ones?

Bags, Bankspace, all kinds of bank/inventory space extensions.

You may not need it now, but soon enough. Being able to carry more stacks of pots, scrolls, wands and clickies while still being able to hit 6-8 chests without micro management is huge.

If you have the above, try some cosmetics. I would not recommend buying powerups in the store as you will feel cheated in the long run. When you pull that tome in chest intead of "whoa", you will get "meh"

Experience boosts will make you consider quest skipping, as there are penty of experience unless you completely ignore bravery and other side bonuses.

Malkavius
09-02-2014, 06:33 AM
Bags, Bankspace, all kinds of bank/inventory space extensions.

You may not need it now, but soon enough. Being able to carry more stacks of pots, scrolls, wands and clickies while still being able to hit 6-8 chests without micro management is huge.

If you have the above, try some cosmetics. I would not recommend buying powerups in the store as you will feel cheated in the long run. When you pull that tome in chest intead of "whoa", you will get "meh"

Experience boosts will make you consider quest skipping, as there are penty of experience unless you completely ignore bravery and other side bonuses.

Would it be worth spending tp on gold seal hirelings so I can solo elites? And get more chests with a rogue hireling.

Tscheuss
09-02-2014, 06:37 AM
Would it be worth spending tp on gold seal hirelings so I can solo elites? And get more chests with a rogue hireling.

Or you could dual-box a couple of rogues as you level, and stop one at a useful level for new character or TR. :)

ReaperAlexEU
09-02-2014, 06:45 AM
i spend mine on tomes, cosmetics, some storage upgrades, a res cake here and there when i've done something silly.

generally i just let it pile up until i need something, hit 3K at one point then burnt a load on tomes.

Stoner81
09-02-2014, 08:07 AM
I spent mine on account upgrades like shared bank, platinum vault, bank slots, inventory slots and the new shared deposit box to name a few, beyond that I don't need/want anything else from the store atm apart from a set of +6 tomes which is what I am currently saving up for.

Stoner81.

Soulfurnace
09-02-2014, 08:14 AM
Honestly? Save them all, then you can drop VIP in the future and play for free.

Uska
09-02-2014, 10:09 AM
Bank slots, character slots, slayer pots the occasional pet that catches my eye

Gizeh
09-02-2014, 10:17 AM
I've recently founded a guild of my own after the guild I had been in before had died, and I spent TP on guild renown potions (and a few AS to skip longer quests in sagas to get more saga completions per potion).

However, if you don't know what to buy with your TP, just hang on to them. Sooner or later you will discover something you want to have. :)

JOTMON
09-02-2014, 12:05 PM
I have purchased Bank Space, Share Bank space, Colossal Ingredient bag, character slots, Tomes, Augments, Mana Pots, Rez Cakes, Otto's boxes, raid bypasses, hirelings, Night-Black Coffee, missle-Toe, mabar pirate hats,
Cosmetic kits
~First one ended up being a rip-off as the first one bound to the docent (before they told anyone that they original versions bound to the item and could not be changed or removed) this one eventually became useless when I TR'd fleshie..
~another one I bought disappeared on a retroactive loot revamp GM said to file bug report to which I never got a response..so I said frackit.. never buy a cosmetic it again.)..
~new versions apparently are movable and not tied to the item.)...

Lots of goodies on the DDO store..

Whatever goodies makes life easier..

http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:DDO_Store_items

Memnir
09-02-2014, 12:11 PM
Storage options and shards.

moomooprincess
09-02-2014, 06:31 PM
I vote for anything that increases storage capacity, in this order probably

1. New adventure Packs. you already mentioned

2. Inventory Storage. I want my character to carry more junk, because I just might need that junk. For me, the max would probably be around 400 inventory pages at 20 slots each, so 8,000 slots would be perfect. Sadly, I only have 120 to 140.

3. Bank Storage. If I can't carry it, by golly I can shove it in there.

4. Shared Bank Storage. What? My personal bank is full, oh heck, you never know when a new character just might need that junk, put it in shared bank. I am sure sometime, someday, I will have a character that will need it.

5. Gargantuan Bags. Always handy. I can fill them all up, so I need big uns, the larger the capacity, the better.

6. Large Augment Bags. So, I got into using the augments. Oh boy, There are more than 160 of them that I like. I think I have a problem.

7. Character Slots Thankfully, I try to keep my alt-itis in check, but sometimes, I think I have a really great idea for a character.

TP hirelings can brought out ANYWHERE in the quest.(I think) platinum hirelings can only be brought out at the front door, and D Door will take you back there.

Kasiddy
09-02-2014, 09:50 PM

The only difference between plat and gold seal is that gold seal
1. can be summoned anywhere in a quest (not just at the entrance)
2. allow you to have more than one hire
3. summon a couple seconds more quickly than plat hires

They have same spells, etc. as regular plat hires.

I will very occasionally buy a low level one (less than 10 TP) if I need something to pull a lever or stand on a plate, etc. and forgot to get appropriate hire/pet/whatever before entering the quest and don't want to recall and restart.

In general, I don't think they are worth the TP.

There are really very few chests with desirable loot that are locked.
I'd take two levels of rogue before carrying rogue hires around.

If you can't complete elites with one hire, I doubt that adding 4 more would make things much easier.
You would just get more scaling and 4 more slightly squishy toons in your group with bad tactics that can't follow directions.

I've spent most of my VIP TP points on convenience items like shared bank, storage, and xp tomes.

Karranor
09-04-2014, 02:22 PM
Storage is the best bet to start.

I am an altoholic so a few more character spaces is always nice.

You can easily spend too much money on vanity items. However as a VIP is nice to be able to "waste" those free points. They do seem to add up fast.

Lastly, if XP boosts and Slayer boosts are good bets to level quickly.

Jade12345
09-07-2014, 10:41 AM
Um...instead of carrying around a rogue hire or splashing rogue, why not invest in a few bells of opening? They are only 40 tp each and can open any locked door/chest that an adequately leveled rogue can open.

I do like having a few gold seal hirelings around so I can solo content on elite instead of dealing with a group from time to time...although I only ever summon a max of 2 hirelings, beyond that I would feel like a friggin babysitter because they are seriously stupid and bad at following directions

Also, tomes, inventory space, some res cakes

FuzzyDuck81
09-08-2014, 04:33 AM
I'll throw a vote in for the various storage space expansions too, they come in handy, especially the shared bank for moving BtoA stuff between alts.

If you don't already have access & don't want to spend time hunting favour for them, favoured soul & maybe artificer classes could be good too depending on play preferences.

EllisDee37
09-08-2014, 03:18 PM
Apart from the obvious, like races or classes you want to play but don't yet have, the main things to me would be:

Monster Manuals
Storage (bank and/or inventory)
Tomes (xp and/or stats)
Appearance (mirrors of glammering, coming next update)