PDA

View Full Version : What body for a warforged artificer?

MobiusMk2
09-01-2014, 05:55 AM
I've played human artificers, but have never played any toon as a warforged. What are the advantages and disadvantages of mithril and adamantine bodies for an artificer?

Elibolas
09-01-2014, 06:11 AM
There just aren't enough advantages to spend the feat. I'm playing a pure WF arti now, level 21, and there are still feats I wish I had been able to select.

Elibolas

Munkenmo
09-01-2014, 06:23 AM
I've played human artificers, but have never played any toon as a warforged. What are the advantages and disadvantages of mithril and adamantine bodies for an artificer?

The disadvantages are spending a feat and getting a significantly reduced dodge cap. You get an insignificant boost to prr / mrr, but most importantly a lot of the named docents look alot best on a mithral body.

unbongwah
09-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Post-U23, Adamantine Body might become worth it on a pure arty for the PRR & MRR; the biggest drawback is the MDB 1, which also caps your Dodge bonus. Mithril Body's main flaw is it stays fixed at MDB 5, even though lt chain armors scale up to MDB 13; you can invest in higher MDB (Mithril Fluidity, Mobility, etc.), but there's always going to be that disparity with real light armor.

[AFAIK, arties ignore ASF when casting infusions, but have to worry about it when using arcane spells or scrolls, same as other UMDers.]