PDA

View Full Version : Raid Loot

BrianConnolly
08-30-2014, 10:45 PM
A couple of updates ago loot from almost all the quests was upgraded and augments slots added and stats upgraded. How come loot raid has not be updated? I think if you added 1 or 2 augment slots to that loot and updated some of the items a bit a lot more people would run the older raids. I mean the upgrade to the Gh raid and Abbot were not that great as many people still don't run the abbot.

psykopeta
08-31-2014, 05:41 AM
A couple of updates ago loot from almost all the quests was upgraded and augments slots added and stats upgraded. How come loot raid has not be updated? I think if you added 1 or 2 augment slots to that loot and updated some of the items a bit a lot more people would run the older raids. I mean the upgrade to the Gh raid and Abbot were not that great as many people still don't run the abbot.

ppl run abbot for the fun, not the loot.

u could put 25 augments in every item and make quive and all the sinies drop guaranteed

and i wouldn't run it, cause don't need the gear and my pc gets screwed with infernos

not all raids can be run by loot, why do u think ppl run reaver's fate? 1 hint, it's not by loot, it's by xp, same as von 5-6

JOTMON
08-31-2014, 08:09 AM

I would rather not see old raid items be continuously updated as levels increase.

Old raids have their place and are stepping stones to newer content.

I would rather see upgrade progressions, where raid items could be deconstructed into shards using special ingredient components that could then be augmented onto newer higher level items.
Power levels can be controlled by using augment colours and min level requirements.

PsychoBlonde
08-31-2014, 02:18 PM
That and the benefit of most raid loot is that it has unique bennies on it that you can't get elsewhere. Making it more powerful by adding augment slots is not the way to go. If you notice, the new loot with tons of augments is quite generic, with few exceptional bonuses on it.

I know people who still use the Litany at endgame because it's the *only* place they can get a Profane bonus to wisdom or intelligence. It doesn't need augment slots. They're quite looking forward to the new Epic Litany, let me tell you.

There is dev interest in eventually revising old raid loot that is very sub par, but it's a low priority compared with getting out new epic content. Perhaps after they finalize the level cap (30) they might get around to it.

slarden
08-31-2014, 04:11 PM
To give the devs credit where credit is deserved - they did add an additional upgrade to CITW weapons which adds an augment. They also added augments to many old non-epic items. Most epic items already had augments which can be converted to the new augments.