PDA

View Full Version : Epic Abbot defeated + feedback

Minrothad
08-28-2014, 06:46 PM
Thanks to the guys from Blood Assassins, Omnipresence, Gimpfest, Pestilence and others for coming, had a great time.

Vol and the Abbot

http://i.imgur.com/CNXgZs1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vS7UpQG.jpg

Completion screen

http://i.imgur.com/QanovfJ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/seyKPW7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TTvjwNq.jpg

Features:

The raid is well designed in terms of difficulty, it gets harder as you complete each "puzzle" (not really puzzles but fights).
As soon as Vol spawns, the raid becomes a complete mess, death circles all over the place, respawning antimagic beholders, divine antimagic, etc.
From what I've seen, the raid cannot be soloed given to certain quest mechanics.
The only tiles are the ones that take you to the fights, and most of them are static, and can be ignored.
It is deadly to spellcasters (you can't cast for 95% of the time), melee damage is a must.
It was very difficult, at least on the first runs through.

Bugs:

The Abbot's Fire Energy Burst has no save.
The Abbot's Inferno continues to drain spell points and deal damage even after it's gone.
The encases can be crazy and encase everyone at once if the party gets teleported to the middle.
You can rez underwater and not take any damage.
The Abbot's teleport mechanism will take you back to the middle even if you re-entered.
The "tiles" system is useless, you can just swim to the DD ignoring the tiles.

It was a crazy run, but lots of fun. I like it so far.

moo_cow
08-28-2014, 06:50 PM
<--- King of the deathcount

Scrabbler
08-28-2014, 07:27 PM
Bugs:
The Abbot's Inferno continues to drain spell points and deal damage even after it's gone.
Can you still clear the inferno effect with Remove Curse?

moo_cow
08-28-2014, 07:48 PM
So the raid was fun but it is completely absurd.

- Can't cast 80% of the time because beholders spawn almost every 15 seconds.
- You will be close to death or encased when you are getting teleported by the abbot
- You can raise in the water and not take any damage
- Deathwards gets dispelled every 1/2 second and you get neg levels every 3 seconds so be a bladeforged
- Vol hits you in the face for 1400 damage and spawns right in your ass, abbot does the same but only 700 damage (they spawn in the same spots so not hard to learn)
- Half the platform is covered in 1400 damaging blue goo (not that hard to avoid)
- The water that ticks for 400 damage every few seconds is the safest place to be
- Archers do 90 damage per hit on en with 35% mitigation, on ee they do 120 per hit and there is several of them
- There is no tiles puzzle :( In fact there is not really any puzzles.
- No shrines of course, so enjoy drinking 100 pots per run
edit : the abbot has 50% fire absorption basically the entire raid, are we suppose to be acid savants? lol

Fun but hard as hell. My biggest complaint is trash spawning every 15 seconds and not being able to cast or raise basically the entire raid. If you get hit by anti magic then a beholder dies, you get 3 seconds of casting time before the next beholder spawns and anti magics you. The trash spawning so often is ridiculous.

Minrothad
08-28-2014, 07:56 PM
- Can't cast 80% of the time because beholders spawn almost every 15 seconds.

This was the biggest issue IMO.

Seriously, being able to cast one spell in the endfight was a miracle.

moo_cow
08-28-2014, 07:59 PM
This was the biggest issue IMO.

Seriously, being able to cast one spell in the endfight was a miracle.

Archers are not a big deal unless they are all targeting one person, unless that person has displace and decent prr. But dem beholders ... my goodness

Scrabbler
08-28-2014, 08:28 PM
Is this a thing where the "right" way to do it is have one Warforged player tank the Beholders into an edge and keep them from looking anywhere else?

Rys
08-29-2014, 03:47 AM

Not exactly sure how it is working on live because I have always used spell absorption there, but on lamma I have tried to use curse pots because my spell absorption was gone very soon. Seems like the curse pot was working. I was standing on the ledge of the platform and it removed the effect. Not sure if it will be working in the middle where you will get hit by the inferno repeatedly (I will do some more testing later tonight).

Without poitions and spell absorption the inferno was hitting me around 90 hp of fire damage (with 45 fire resistance and 30% fire absorption) and -140-170 spell points per tick on enormal.

Also nice job on completion! :)

Eth
08-29-2014, 03:51 AM
That was quite interesting, thanks for having me.

If they fix the reentry (if it's intended or not?), then I can see this raid being a real challenge.

That's possible in the heroic abbot raid too. Just saying ;)

Eth
08-29-2014, 03:55 AM

Yes.

SirShen
08-29-2014, 06:00 AM
Thanks to the guys from Blood Assassins, Omnipresence, Gimpfest, Pestilence and others for coming, had a great time.
Features:

The raid is well designed in terms of difficulty, it gets harder as you complete each "puzzle" (not really puzzles but fights).
As soon as Vol spawns, the raid becomes a complete mess, death circles all over the place, respawning antimagic beholders, divine antimagic, etc.
From what I've seen, the raid cannot be soloed given to certain quest mechanics.
The only tiles are the ones that take you to the fights, and most of them are static, and can be ignored.
It is deadly to spellcasters (you can't cast for 95% of the time), melee damage is a must.
It was very difficult, at least on the first runs through.

Bugs:

The Abbot's Fire Energy Burst has no save.
The encases can be crazy and encase everyone at once if the party gets teleported to the middle.
The Abbot's teleport mechanism will take you back to the middle even if you re-entered.
The "tiles" system is useless, you can just swim to the DD ignoring the tiles.

Glad you did it in the end, so was it kill Vol and Abbot at same time?

Naera
08-29-2014, 07:18 AM
Glad you did it in the end, so was it kill Vol and Abbot at same time?

No, kill Abbot after death knight phase.
Vol is there for added entertainment only.

Loromir
08-29-2014, 08:11 AM
No, kill Abbot after death knight phase.
Vol is there for added entertainment only.

So you don't get to kill Vol?

Sokól
08-29-2014, 08:47 AM
<--- King of the deathcount

I just might take your place if I get Lama working tonight :D

But grats on completion guys and ty for giving us some visuals :)

Minrothad
08-29-2014, 08:58 AM
So you don't get to kill Vol?

From what I've seen, Vol is just there to make things harder, when you beat her down her HP goes back to 50%.

MangLord
08-30-2014, 03:48 AM
Wow, that looks like a lot of no fun. Holy cow.

Toro12
08-30-2014, 05:10 AM
Just when you think the current live pally EnH are weak sauce , epic abbot comes out and immunity to energy drain and heal amp from kotc starts looking like king of the trees.

Faltout
08-30-2014, 08:03 AM
So has anyone tried to find a way to minimize the threat of the beholders and quells? Like in Spinner of Shadows that you don't get new Hezrou spawns if you don't kill them. Is there a way to make the beholders look the other way and stop respawning?

This seems like a stupid fight if it doesn't have such tactics. Is this raid here just to kick the lesser races' butt or it can become doable with tactics and coordination? Heroic Abbot is so much fun because it can become a piece of cake when all players work together.

Indianwiz
08-30-2014, 01:15 PM
Features:

S, where is my pike spot?

Also, any chance we will get Raider's box so I can skip this entertaining raid and just get my Litany?

moo_cow
08-30-2014, 01:43 PM
So has anyone tried to find a way to minimize the threat of the beholders and quells? Like in Spinner of Shadows that you don't get new Hezrou spawns if you don't kill them. Is there a way to make the beholders look the other way and stop respawning?

This seems like a stupid fight if it doesn't have such tactics. Is this raid here just to kick the lesser races' butt or it can become doable with tactics and coordination? Heroic Abbot is so much fun because it can become a piece of cake when all players work together.

To me it looks like they have weird aggro. But it could be possible to have someone grab the beholder aggro and have them sit in a corner or in the water. Not a high chance of that though, beholders will still antimagic multiple people at a time not just one.

Toro12
09-04-2014, 05:42 AM
Are the beholders red named?
If so Seems to me a kiting , stunning , jade tombing monk would be ideal.

MangLord
09-04-2014, 05:47 AM
At heroic levels, an AA's paralyzing arrows work wonders on beholders. Any chance for an adjustment to Shiradi destiny to enhance the DC into epics? It might make an archer want to use shiradi instead of Fury for once. Just saying.

What about Otto's Whistler?

Being able to use tactics again would be nice. The changes to ranged mob aggro destroyed a lot of that for me as an archery fan. Tactics in general seem to have gone out the window ever since epic Gianthold. CC and tanking are basically dead.