PDA

View Full Version : Mirror of Glamering Feedback Thread

Cordovan
08-28-2014, 02:56 PM
The Mirror of Glamering is now available for preview on Lamannia! From the Release Notes: (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/438926-Lamannia-Release-Notes-(Last-Updated-8-28-14))

Like the way a particular armor or helmet looks? Make a cosmetic version of it! The Mirror of Glamering is a new item which allows someone to copy the look of an armor, docent, or helmet and create a new cosmetic item! The item from which the cosmetic copy is being made from is not consumed, nor altered. The created cosmetic item is Bound to Account. Items which have special racial requirements (such as a docent) will create a cosmetic item with the same racial requirements. The Mirror of Glamering can be purchased in the DDO Store, and can also rarely appear in Daily Dice.

Try out the Mirror of Glamering on Lamannia and give us your feedback!

Ovrad
08-28-2014, 03:49 PM
This sounds great, it's basically what everyone's been asking for ever since the first version of cosmetic items in the store.

However, this feels more like a basic feature though, not a premium one. I'm fine with it being in the store, just wish they'd drop in game as well. Most of us have dozens of characters and they could all use at least one of these. Please either keep the price very low, or make them rare drop as well. (By that I mean roughly "portable hole rare" not "tome of fate +2 rare")

OverlordOfRats
08-28-2014, 04:16 PM
It can do armor, helmets, and goggles. Any chance of getting a shield cosmetic spot added to the character sheet?

They are not bound right now. I made a couple. They do not say Bound to Account and can be posted on the AH. Bug Reported.

LuKaSu
08-28-2014, 04:33 PM
I don't have Lamania on my computer, so I can't say how well it works, but I just wanted to give me feedback, "Thank you!"

I think this is a fantastic addition. With this and the Conjure Bolts scroll thing working now, all the melee love, and the hireling menu additions, U23 is really looking to be a Quality of Life improvement update. Thank you so much!

Aelonwy
08-28-2014, 05:16 PM
I think this will be such a fantastic addition to the game. The only thing I'm sad about is how many random generated armor appearances no longer drop in our current game to be glamored, namely the often beautiful random generated elven chainmails such as:

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2579/wontsell.jpg

I have a couple that are close but not quite this exact version. (Correct Overskin/wrong underskin and vice versa, correct armor entirely but wrong color, etc.)

I'm also hoping this is added eventually for shields, and if so that shield and orb appearances can be interchangeable.

Lorianna
08-28-2014, 05:20 PM
YES! Yes yes yes yes yes!! *bounces around like a 2-year-old on a sugar-bender*

I've been wanting this for SO FREAKING LONG.

I can finally keep the look of some of the old lowbie armors I have instead of having to sadly toss them into the bank to rot and "upgrade" to fugly new armor.

Yayyyyyyy! *Kermit flail* :D

As long as it's relatively inexpensive (100 points or less) I'll probably buy a lot of them.

JOTMON
08-28-2014, 05:36 PM
awesome.

Now give us a cosmetic inventory based on the pet inventory.

SinnJinn2
08-28-2014, 05:36 PM
A friend and I have noticed that some of our new cosmetic armors like Bloodplate don't have the exact color as the original armor itself

The_Human_Cypher
08-28-2014, 05:47 PM
I logged into Lamannia and made several cosmetics with the Mirror. The cost of the Mirror looks to be 245 TP for one use which is reasonable considering that you would pay substantially more for a DDO Store cosmetic outfit. The manufactured cosmetic helms and armor/outfits are not bound at all, so they can be traded and sold on the AH. The cost in TP per Mirror use will prevent massive sales of these cosmetics on the AH unless the payment in Astral Shards per cosmetic justifies the expense.

Pleased with this product. I will make a cosmetic Silver Flame chain mail armor (Chain of Conviction) with a cosmetic Minos Legens when this is available on the live servers.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Chain_of_Conviction

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Minos_Legens

The_Human_Cypher
08-28-2014, 05:49 PM
awesome.

Now give us a cosmetic inventory based on the pet inventory.

Yes, I suggested a Dressing Room tab like the Pet tab on Inventory earlier to deal with all of the new cosmetics. If DDO wants players to buy many Mirrors of Glamering, they will have to provide space to store all of the new cosmetics.

stoopid_cowboy
08-28-2014, 05:55 PM
Can you use the mirror on starter rags? :)

The_Human_Cypher
08-28-2014, 06:02 PM

You have given me an idea!

Dagolar
08-28-2014, 06:11 PM
They are not bound right now. I made a couple. They do not say Bound to Account and can be posted on the AH. Bug Reported.

This was noted earlier, the devs seemed to indicate it was WAI- which makes sense, as the mirror turns an armor purely cosmetic, meaning there's no balance issues.

Moreover, giving the players the ability to auction ones off, means more mirrors bought, means more sales.

Ergo.. WAI seems very likely.

This sounds great, it's basically what everyone's been asking for ever since the first version of cosmetic items in the store.

However, this feels more like a basic feature though, not a premium one. I'm fine with it being in the store, just wish they'd drop in game as well. Most of us have dozens of characters and they could all use at least one of these. Please either keep the price very low, or make them rare drop as well. (By that I mean roughly "portable hole rare" not "tome of fate +2 rare")

The drop from gold dice rolls [though I think on natural 100s or so; very rarely, in any case] and the devs seemed to indicate that, as a store item, it has the usual small chance of dropping from chests or end rewards [much like xp or renown potions, or portable holes].

Given the massive store presence this will have, especially with being Shard House auctionable, it's unlikely they'll make the mirrors more accessible than that.

Cosmetic Starter Rags already drop, and can be purchased for 20 astral shards: http://ddowiki.com/page/Wheloon_Prison#Fingers_the_Fence_.28Random_vendor_ NPC.29

LrdSlvrhnd
08-28-2014, 06:21 PM
Items which have special racial requirements (such as a docent) will create a cosmetic item with the same racial requirements.

Does that include the special racial requirements like the Iconic starter gear? I can understand a docent look not really being available to fleshies (...although I believe WF can put on fleshy cosmetic armor...) but my rogue is still miffed that he didn't get the SK armor with Shadowfell just because he's a halfling. Also, I'm pretty sure I still have some old race-restricted gear from back in the day (the old "lower ML" kind); would those also still be race-restricted?

Yes, I suggested a Dressing Room tab like the Pet tab on Inventory earlier to deal with all of the new cosmetics. If DDO wants players to buy many Mirrors of Glamering, they will have to provide space to store all of the new cosmetics.

Yes, this. Please. Let us put our BTA cosmetics in a closet where it's available for EVERYONE. If we have multiple characters who'd look good in a particular helm, they should both be able to wear it. And the Iconic cosmetics should be BtA and wearable by anyone (keeping the WF/fleshy split in mind).

Can we have a Mirror of NPC Glamering? There's some pretty cool outfits among NPCs I'd like to steal... *g*

Lorianna
08-28-2014, 06:38 PM
Yes, this. Please. Let us put our BTA cosmetics in a closet where it's available for EVERYONE. If we have multiple characters who'd look good in a particular helm, they should both be able to wear it. And the Iconic cosmetics should be BtA and wearable by anyone (keeping the WF/fleshy split in mind).
This please. I LOVE the look of the Morninglord armor, and I'd love to use it for my paladin. And the Purple Dragon Knight armor looks VERY cool on a more human-sized person (judging by the smaller guards standing around), which I'd like to use as well.

Although, thinking about it, if cosmetic stuff is BtA, you could just use the mirror on the ACTUAL iconic armor rather than the cosmetic, and make copies of it. An extra step, but still. If so, I'm going to be VERY happy if I can make iconic cosmetics for all my characters. :D

Can we have a Mirror of NPC Glamering? There's some pretty cool outfits among NPCs I'd like to steal... *g*
This too. :)

FranOhmsford
08-28-2014, 06:42 PM

How about adding it to the 1000 Favour Reward from Nyx - After the first time you get this award on a server it's basically done atm.

And can we please get the +2 tomes from 1750 Favour changed to BtA Devs!!!

FranOhmsford
08-28-2014, 06:44 PM
I think this will be such a fantastic addition to the game. The only thing I'm sad about is how many random generated armor appearances no longer drop in our current game to be glamored, namely the often beautiful random generated elven chainmails such as:

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2579/wontsell.jpg

I have a couple that are close but not quite this exact version. (Correct Overskin/wrong underskin and vice versa, correct armor entirely but wrong color, etc.)

I'm also hoping this is added eventually for shields, and if so that shield and orb appearances can be interchangeable.

I always liked the old "Splint Mail" and "Brigandine" looks.

Might be hard to find one of these to Glamer now though!

Lorianna
08-28-2014, 06:45 PM
How about adding it to the 1000 Favour Reward from Nyx - After the first time you get this award on a server it's basically done atm.
That's a good idea. You could also consider tossing one in to the Agents of Argonessen reward list, as well.

And can we please get the +2 tomes from 1750 Favour changed to BtA Devs!!!
Yes please!

Severlin
08-28-2014, 07:03 PM
~ The cosmetic items created by the Mirror of Glamering should be Bind to Account. I don't know why you can put them up on the auction house.

~ Love the pictures of people posting how they plan to adjust their looks.

Sev~

Battlehawke
08-28-2014, 07:26 PM
The Mirror of Glamering is now available for preview on Lamannia! From the Release Notes: (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/438926-Lamannia-Release-Notes-(Last-Updated-8-28-14))

Like the way a particular armor or helmet looks? Make a cosmetic version of it! The Mirror of Glamering is a new item which allows someone to copy the look of an armor, docent, or helmet and create a new cosmetic item! The item from which the cosmetic copy is being made from is not consumed, nor altered. The created cosmetic item is Bound to Account. Items which have special racial requirements (such as a docent) will create a cosmetic item with the same racial requirements. The Mirror of Glamering can be purchased in the DDO Store, and can also rarely appear in Daily Dice.

Wow, what a great idea.... where was this 8 years ago?.. now if we can just get a visual on our cloaks!!!

Steiner-Davion
08-28-2014, 07:48 PM

What is the limitation that requires the race restriction to be applied to the cosmetic item?

For a cosmetic item this restriction seems rediculous, since the item has absolutely no effect by its very nature.

Severlin
08-28-2014, 07:57 PM
What is the limitation that requires the race restriction to be applied to the cosmetic item?

For a cosmetic item this restriction seems rediculous, since the item has absolutely no effect by its very nature.

Items with race restrictions might not have textures and art that are correct for races which they were not intended.

Sev~

Steiner-Davion
08-28-2014, 08:04 PM
Items with race restrictions might not have textures and art that are correct for races which they were not intended.

Sev~

So when an item is generated, and it is tagged as race restricted the appearance is locked in too? What is the difference between an item and the exact same item with the race restriction tag?

08-28-2014, 08:23 PM

WOO! Thank you very much, I've been hoping for this exact kind of thing. Glad to see more cosmetic stuff to spend my money on!

Severlin
08-28-2014, 08:25 PM
So when an item is generated, and it is tagged as race restricted the appearance is locked in too? What is the difference between an item and the exact same item with the race restriction tag?

It depends on the specific item.

Sev~

Lorianna
08-28-2014, 09:35 PM
It depends on the specific item.

Sev~

Well, I just tested it and the iconic armors are race-restricted when turned cosmetic. That's really, really annoying. :(

Is there any way the iconic armors could be unlocked for race? I mean, it's not like the Morninglord armor, for instance, wouldn't work just fine on other elves, drow, humans, etc. Same with the Purple Dragon armor.

08-28-2014, 09:46 PM
I won`t be able to get on lammania to test it so I`ll ask here.

How do these work with warforged docents? (Or do they even?) are they static or change based on armor feat? I would really like to play warforged again if I could get a nice cosmetic docent and some of the random gen ones look nice.

Lithalan
08-28-2014, 10:03 PM
If you have an old item that has one of the old single use cosmetic armor kits, and you use a mirror of glamouring on it, will it create a cosmetic armor out of the the old kit, or just the armor to which it was applied? Basically, I'm asking if this is a way to get those old kits (no longer available) back in the game as BtA cosmetics. If this isn't the case yet, can we make it happen?

PermaBanned
08-28-2014, 10:12 PM
If you have an old item that has one of the old single use cosmetic armor kits, and you use a mirror of glamouring on it, will it create a cosmetic armor out of the the old kit, or just the armor to which it was applied? Basically, I'm asking if this is a way to get those old kits (no longer available) back in the game as BtA cosmetics. If this isn't the case yet, can we make it happen?

Sounds like a good time to transfer a toon (with the cosmetic) & check it out ;)

BDog77
08-28-2014, 10:20 PM
Sounds like a good time to transfer a toon (with the cosmetic) & check it out ;)

I will try to do this, BTW, it will take some wiggling to do it, but I will report back when I find out.

Zoda
08-29-2014, 12:31 AM

If they can do that, those things should be totally unbound, I need to get the heavy version of the black plains armor kit somehow, and it disappeared from the store :D

Making them unbound would be a good idea in general... I don't want to farm Titan Awakens to get a Skull Fetish Mask cosmetic and such, I'm sure Turbine would get better profit out of them that way (and I promise I won't call it P2W).

Nascoe
08-29-2014, 12:58 AM
You have given me an idea!

Did you know that you can already buy starter rags - in game - in wheloon? See this nice blog post - http://www.gamergeoff.com/stormreach-fashion-week-ragged-rags/#more-25482 - about it from Geoff Hanna

Nascoe
08-29-2014, 01:03 AM

I think you can find both Brigandine and splint mail at several vendors, I think even the guys in the harbor still offer them. And there are some named armors with splint mail look if I am not mistaken.

BDog77
08-29-2014, 04:06 AM
I will try to do this, BTW, it will take some wiggling to do it, but I will report back when I find out.

At least for me, when I used the mirror on an item with an old cosmetic kit, I got a cosmetic of the original armor underneath the kit.

Too bad, I was really hoping to turn that kit into a cosmetic.

Eth
08-29-2014, 04:10 AM
Skull Fetish Mask + Rakshasa Hide should raise some eyebrowes :)

Eth
08-29-2014, 04:18 AM

The DDO store on lammania didn't get updated in quite some time. You can still buy all the old kits there.
Should be easy to test this.

zerit2002
08-29-2014, 04:27 AM
This feature should have been introduced years ago! :)
I tested the mirror with red dragon plate and it worked fine.
I'll buy a dozen mirrors when this goes live! :)

BDog77
08-29-2014, 04:28 AM
The DDO store on lammania didn't get updated in quite some time. You can still buy all the old kits there.
Should be easy to test this.

I did test this. No go on the Kit.

Iriale
08-29-2014, 06:23 AM

ohhh ty ty Turbine! I love it!

Cosmetic/store items storage soon, pls.

G_Lich
08-29-2014, 10:14 AM
If I could give a million +1's for this idea and the speedy implementation of it I would.

BUG: (This may have been mentioned before or already known) I tested on my swashbuckler, glamering a halfplate, the cosmetic halfplate breaks swashbuckler and also grants PRR as if wearing heavy armor. Glamered armors that qualify for swashbuckler (Marilith chain tested) did not break swashbuckler. This is probably same for centered/uncentered - This may be WAI (keep pajama wearers in pajama's i guess?)

Svet
08-29-2014, 10:44 AM
Since I'm not a man of many words, here's my short review/feedback:

Made a glimmering kit out of Red Dragonhide armor and Red dragon helm. Made a new toon and ran through Korthos in Red armor and helm.

The Mirror is really awesome, I love it.

Pros:
+ BtAoA (consider BtAoE, trading those can have its merits);
+ ML 0;
+ You can run a centered monk in (what appears to be) armor.

Cons:
None that I can think of, will have to see the price.

Good job on the Mirror, devs. It's something I'm looking forward to having fun with. Unless the price is outrageous I'll be buying a lot of those.

Phoenix-daBard
08-29-2014, 10:46 AM

Sadly it picks up the look of the underlying armor not the kit applied. My wife and I were quite hopeful as we have armor laying around that we only wear in public now because it is too low level for the characters to use in quest. And the kits in question never were converted. :(

Violith
08-29-2014, 11:05 AM
If I could give a million +1's for this idea and the speedy implementation of it I would.

BUG: (This may have been mentioned before or already known) I tested on my swashbuckler, glamering a halfplate, the cosmetic halfplate breaks swashbuckler and also grants PRR as if wearing heavy armor. Glamered armors that qualify for swashbuckler (Marilith chain tested) did not break swashbuckler. This is probably same for centered/uncentered - This may be WAI (keep pajama wearers in pajama's i guess?)

you sure you didnt put on the armor itself?, if not then yea thats definately a bug. it shouldnt grant any bonus other then appearance. and shouldnt effect the character at all from using their abilities.

as for the racials... I dont see a point in seperating them other then the wf/bf and fleshies, obviously the character models dont support that. Fleshies cant wear docent designs and wf/bf cant wear regular armor. but there shouldnt be anything more separating then that. a wf and bf have the same body model dont they?, aside from the facial features, a bf looks just like a wf if it doesnt have its cosmetic on, so they should be able to wear the same cosmetics. imo you should look into a way to make cosmetics be compatable with all races, my artificer would love to have a more steampunk feel with a cybornetic type cosmetic, course the spiked suit from the bf would look nice too.

havent tested it, but to make this good, All of it should be ml0, (seen the picture from before that said it had a ml of 24, since hte armor used to create it was that level but as a cosmetic it shouldnt do that)... also, not really sure on the bindings, I dont see a reason they should be bta though... also, storage.... we need some place to put this stuff, taking up bankspace from items for cosmetics just doesnt cut it. already have 4-5 items from expnasions and such and its already pushing it... if it didnt effect our storage then alot more people may buy this.

Severlin
08-29-2014, 11:07 AM

That's not working as designed. We will look into it.

Sev~

Alavatar
08-29-2014, 11:16 AM
Is it possible to on a WF/BF to glamour an Adamantine docent look, then feat swap out Adamantine Body, and still have the Adamantine docent look?

the_one_dwarfforged
08-29-2014, 11:27 AM
i like it, but now we need a weapon version so that i can stare at my esos forever. honestly the best thing about it is just how good it looks, nothing else comes close.

Ovrad
08-29-2014, 11:38 AM
Is it possible to on a WF/BF to glamour an Adamantine docent look, then feat swap out Adamantine Body, and still have the Adamantine docent look?

I haven't tested it, due to lam client not working for me this update, but the mirror copies the item. It's very unlikely that whatever feats you have would affect it. Your docent alone won't have the adamantine look, wearing it while having the feat does.

PermaBanned
08-29-2014, 01:50 PM
i like it, but now we need a weapon version so that i can stare at my esos forever. honestly the best thing about it is just how good it looks, nothing else comes close.

Been thinking about this. While I like the idea of Cosmetic Weapon skins, I don't they'ld work unless skinned onto a specific weapon like the old Armor Kits. I mean, I can see it getting funky when form meets function if I (using a Cosmetic Slot like the Armor & Helm/Goggle currently do) skin my Handwrap using Monk with a Bloody Hooked Blade look.

Talon_Moonshadow
08-29-2014, 02:15 PM
Please add cosmetic shields. ;)

Nickademus
08-29-2014, 04:33 PM
I did test this. No go on the Kit.

I would have bought this immediately upon logging into U23 regardless of the price. But alas I will be ignoring it like many of the new options. The armor I want is a kit that was never converted to a cosmetic. To add insult to injury, the recent sale on cosmetics was advertised with an image that showed one of the versions of the armor I want but not on sale... or even in the store. A bit of false advertising there.

If these work the way I think they do, the mirror simply creates an item that has a value storing the location in a data file for which appearance to use. Since a single docent will look different based on the type of body feat, I fear the cosmetic will be pointing to the same data that the docent did and will change appearance based on body feat as well.

Been thinking about this. While I like the idea of Cosmetic Weapon skins, I don't they'ld work unless skinned onto a specific weapon like the old Armor Kits. I mean, I can see it getting funky when form meets function if I (using a Cosmetic Slot like the Armor & Helm/Goggle currently do) skin my Handwrap using Monk with a Bloody Hooked Blade look.

Cosmetic weapons wouldn't be that bad. They would just have to either adjust the animations for the cosmetic weapon type (bad idea) or only allow the functioning of a cosmetic weapon when equipped with the same type of weapon. So if you have a staff cosmetic and swap to a bow the cosmetic turns off. Then when you swap back to any staff the cosmetic turns back on.

zerit2002
08-29-2014, 06:11 PM
Cosmetic googles aren't working correctly on pdk.
I tried making a cosmetic of the pdk googles and of some random gen googles. In both cases the cosmetic items where generated but when used they will not appear on the toon.
(Yes, I used the helm/googles/nothing toogle button)

Cordovan
08-29-2014, 06:15 PM
Cosmetic googles aren't working correctly on pdk.
I tried making a cosmetic of the pdk googles and of some random gen googles. In both cases the cosmetic items where generated but when used they will not appear on the toon.
(Yes, I used the helm/googles/nothing toogle button)

Yes, on the current Lamannia build only Armor and Helmets are working correctly.

The_Human_Cypher
08-29-2014, 06:21 PM
Cons:
None that I can think of, will have to see the price.

A Mirror is currently 245 TP on Lamannia without the 50% discount applied in the DDO Store.

sifubob
08-29-2014, 06:30 PM

They are often if the reward list for the second quest in the Sharn Syndicate quest chain, "Dirty Laundry"

Seljuck
08-29-2014, 07:58 PM
There is issue with Cosmetic helmets made by mirror. Once you use cosmetic helmet and change normal helm, the skin from cosmetic disappeared. You have to manually take off cosmetic and put it on again. It's quite frustrating if you want use clickies from helmets.

What's more cosmetic helmets are unbound and tradable. I have no idea if it's WAI or not.

The_Human_Cypher
08-29-2014, 08:23 PM

Yes

Oliphant
08-30-2014, 01:06 AM
Great idea.

On my wish list:
I could pay to adjust the color palette of my armor (e.g. black Parasitic Breastplate would look cool).

MangLord
08-30-2014, 02:48 AM
I'm actually pretty excited about this.

I've always loved the way Silken Mail looked on a female elf or drow, and it'll be cool to keep the look and wear armor more suitable to my class/level.
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Silken_Mail

Assassin Initiate Leathers are another favorite, with the crisscrossed detailing.
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Assassin_Initiate%27s_Leathers_%28Level_13%29

Thanks for making our characters more customizable, cosmetically.

PermaBanned
08-30-2014, 01:53 PM

If the Mirror sells as well as our reviews (here and in the GForum) would suggest it will, even if a shield variant isn't currently in the works I suspect it soon will be ;)

cdbd3rd
08-30-2014, 06:55 PM
Sadly it picks up the look of the underlying armor not the kit applied. ....

It would also be beyond awesome if that \/ could also be said about that /\ :)

That's not working as designed. We will look into it.

Sev~

No idea if this has been looked at by the team working the glamors, but those old kitted armors some of us have sitting around would really be an incentive for us to buy these new-fangled gadgets.

Nickademus
08-30-2014, 07:16 PM
No idea if this has been looked at by the team working the glamors, but those old kitted armors some of us have sitting around would really be an incentive for us to buy these new-fangled gadgets.

This!

Severlin
08-30-2014, 07:20 PM

It is unlikely we would be able to get the Mirrors working for the old kitted armor within a reasonable timeframe.

Sev~

whereispowderedsilve
08-30-2014, 07:41 PM
It is unlikely we would be able to get the Mirrors working for the old kitted armor within a reasonable timeframe.

Sev~

6 months to a year? Maybe? Think about it/talk it over?

fangblackhawk
08-31-2014, 11:17 AM
so these mirrors are awesome, i made a glamour kit out of my Lousy chain shirt= awesomeness!!! i then went and glamoured my titanic docent from the twilight forge raid and passed the kit over to my bladeforged pally wearing the dr version of the shadow scale docent and it just made me look naked like i had no docent on at all :( {this was with the addy body feat} please fix this b4 it goes live

cdbd3rd
09-02-2014, 05:15 AM

Sev~

http://static.move.com/rsc/cms/images/RentPuppy_tcm15-5460.jpg

Severlin
09-02-2014, 01:43 PM
so these mirrors are awesome, i made a glamour kit out of my Lousy chain shirt= awesomeness!!! i then went and glamoured my titanic docent from the twilight forge raid and passed the kit over to my bladeforged pally wearing the dr version of the shadow scale docent and it just made me look naked like i had no docent on at all :( {this was with the addy body feat} please fix this b4 it goes live

Do other docents work? Is it just that specific docent?

Sev~

PsychoBlonde
09-02-2014, 04:15 PM
Suggestion: Is it possible we could get a version of the mirror that removes "garbs" from armors/robes? Because there are several that I really like except for some big clunky piece of junk that got glued to the top of it for no discernible reason. Or maybe a separate item that can do this to a cosmetic armor? Because that would be SWEET.

Specifically, I would love to be able to wear this without the blue towel:

http://ddowiki.com/images/thumb/Dragontouched_Vestments_shown.jpg/367px-Dragontouched_Vestments_shown.jpg

Sebastrd
09-02-2014, 04:50 PM

That towel is there for a reason. What you can't see, purposely, is that those pants are "seatless".

Severlin
09-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Suggestion: Is it possible we could get a version of the mirror that removes "garbs" from armors/robes? Because there are several that I really like except for some big clunky piece of junk that got glued to the top of it for no discernible reason. Or maybe a separate item that can do this to a cosmetic armor? Because that would be SWEET.

http://ddowiki.com/images/thumb/Dragontouched_Vestments_shown.jpg/367px-Dragontouched_Vestments_shown.jpg

Sadly with our equipment system we can't add or subtract specific geometry (in other words, added gear bits) from equipment.

Sev~

G_Lich
09-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Some of the base skins in named armor and clothing are shared by the random gen armor system, it may be possible to find the DT base skin (possibly with better overlay/no towel) if you just try on those crappy vendor trash sets before you vendor.

Theolin
09-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Don't know if it has been said yet,
Just tried Docent of Defense & Ancient Gemstone on both WF & BF
Can create the cosmetics just fine .... but .....
All they do is remove some of the base skin on the arms & chest so they are even more naked than normal.

Nickademus
09-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Had another question come to mind. Has anyone trying to mirror a piece of cannith-crafted armor? Sometimes the Craftable property interferes with doing things with crafted items.

I have some outfits and robes I like that I made craftable for my pajama lives. I'd hate to not be able to make them into a cosmetic because they were disjuncted.

geoffhanna
09-03-2014, 06:09 AM
The mirror works well (although I was not able to purchase more than one from the DDO Store), and is a welcome addition to the game.

Nice!

Now, make it drop in chests. Super rare is fine. Super, super rare is fine. But it has to be in there somewhere.

You promised. Keep your promise.

Garix
09-03-2014, 06:14 AM
The mirror works well (although I was not able to purchase more than one from the DDO Store), and is a welcome addition to the game.

Nice!

Now, make it drop in chests. Super rare is fine. Super, super rare is fine. But it has to be in there somewhere.

You promised. Keep your promise.

Why would you want/need more than one?

My understanding was they are BTA as are the kits they produce. Is this incorrect?

geoffhanna
09-03-2014, 07:01 AM
Why would you want/need more than one?

My understanding was they are BTA as are the kits they produce. Is this incorrect?

They are one-use. If you want to do your armor and you shield and your weapon, you need three. If you have three characters with those needs, you need nine.

Unless mine was just bugged.

Garix
09-03-2014, 07:58 AM
They are one-use. If you want to do your armor and you shield and your weapon, you need three. If you have three characters with those needs, you need nine.

Unless mine was just bugged.

Ah. Didn't realise. Thanks for the clarification.

TheylostmyID
09-03-2014, 10:21 AM
I absolutely love this idea, but it would be better if the results were not bound. You could sell many more mirrors if we could trade/ auction the cosmetics :)

PsychoBlonde
09-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Sadly with our equipment system we can't add or subtract specific geometry (in other words, added gear bits) from equipment.

Sev~

Nuts. What's funny is that there was a brief bug that did this somehow (for the top) when people were wielding two weapons. I thought it looked awesome. And it turned out to be a BUG!

PsychoBlonde
09-03-2014, 04:40 PM

Sev~

Could you put out some armor that looks like that one without the towel, then? Pretty please?

PsychoBlonde
09-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Some of the base skins in named armor and clothing are shared by the random gen armor system, it may be possible to find the DT base skin (possibly with better overlay/no towel) if you just try on those crappy vendor trash sets before you vendor.

I've tried, it's not on any random gen outfit that I've ever discovered. The random outfits actually are much more limited than robes, which have crazy numbers of permutations. Every time I think I've seen them all, I find new ones.

LuKaSu
09-03-2014, 06:23 PM
I absolutely love this idea, but it would be better if the results were not bound. You could sell many more mirrors if we could trade/ auction the cosmetics :)

The mirrors don't need to be bound, but if you can't see what something looks like before you buy it on the AH, you're not likely going to buy it. And if you can't see it in the trade window, you won't know what the person is trading you anyway.

However, this could be a perfect time to add a "See what my character would look like in this" button oñto the AH window. Then, it would be pretty awesome.

IronClan
09-03-2014, 07:26 PM
IMO bound status means the person walking around in an Abbot Shroud or Red Dragon Scale actually got those items on at least one character.

This will help energize players to run content that might have ignored for years, and actually give a small increase to LFM's for diverse content.

Some amount of exclusivity is a good thing...

Making them unbound on the other hand means everyone looks the same in a few months.

I know it sounds like an elitist argument but being able to have SOME visual cue of a players newness or veteran-ness (hah) is desirable IMO.

Krelar
09-03-2014, 08:22 PM
IMO bound status means the person walking around in an Abbot Shroud or Red Dragon Scale actually got those items on at least one character.

This will help energize players to run content that might have ignored for years, and actually give a small increase to LFM's for diverse content.

How long until we have threads complaining about people rolling on items they they just want to turn into cosmetics?

PsychoBlonde
09-03-2014, 08:35 PM
How long until we have threads complaining about people rolling on items they they just want to turn into cosmetics?

I'm fine with this. Sooner or later everyone needs to learn that "your loot is your loot".

SealedInSong
09-04-2014, 12:06 AM
This is the ONE feature I've been waiting for in DDO for YEARS. And one of the first detailed posts that I made as a forumite.

Let's get psions in the mix and I'm done.

You devs rock.

Ausdoerrt
09-04-2014, 05:19 AM

Some amount of exclusivity is a good thing...

Making them unbound on the other hand means everyone looks the same in a few months.

I know it sounds like an elitist argument but being able to have SOME visual cue of a players newness or veteran-ness (hah) is desirable IMO.

I agree with this. In fact, I'll be organizing Titan runs just to get that armor for cosmetic purposes.

DougGlyndwyr
09-12-2014, 12:25 AM
I used the Mirror on an older Mithral plate, and instead of giving me that look, it gave me a very, very generic skin instead.

zerit2002
09-13-2014, 07:31 AM
Today I noticed that random gen armors are not being properly converted into cosmetics.
From what I experimented the skin of the base body is right but the modeled 3d elements on top of it as well as their textures are wrong :(
Please fix this!!!! :( Got some really nice random gens I wanted to make into cosmetics! :(

jozzcooper
09-18-2014, 07:08 PM

About this. I have one of the old armor skins, unused, in the bank. Will I be able to copy this look from the skin?

Reeze
09-29-2014, 06:01 PM
I have been testing this on the live servers just after release. Here are some limitations - BE AWARE!

You cannot make a new transferable cosmetic from an older static cosmetic that you had. Remember that wonderful static cosmetic that you paid turbine points for sitting on an out of level
piece of armor that you have to TR to wear again. The one's that they now no longer offer? Like some of the sworls, spirals, the spider armors, etc.. Well your still SOL. If an armor already has
a static cosmetic, the mirror won't recognize the armor at all.

They are also race prohibited! Wanna put Shadarkai cosmetic image armor on a Drow, Yes you can make it, yes you can transfer it, but sorry you cannot put it on :(

The same is true of the Herioc's. If your not Heroic, then no cosplay for you.

The long and short is that any prohibitions on the originals as far as wearing them carry forward with the cosmetics. WHY!

Here's a money maker - Get rid of the static cosmetic removal tool and replace it with a remove and re-use tool. Like the Jewel for augments. Plenty of people will buy into that one.

It is an excellent first step. Sadly the vast majority of DDO armor is awful if not hideous. There are some that are cool and a very few of them are really cool. So its a start, particularly
if your alts have a "look" that you wish to continue.

This is still an area that needs a lot of work. The Mirror is a start and I'm thankful for that.

G_Lich
09-29-2014, 06:08 PM
Docents not working. Bought 5 to make a few docents - Fuuuu....

irnimnode
09-29-2014, 06:16 PM
having trouble to get game client to load downloaded and get error of kernal dll 32 error anyone that can help would be greatly apperatiated

G_Lich
09-29-2014, 07:13 PM
On docents not working, I should have read the notes... sucks.

On glamering random armors - Results may vary - which is pointless, if you don't get the armor you saw when you tried it out, that's no good. I've blown 3 mirrors trying to get the look off a particular random, tried on different toon also.

On glamering certain named items, if they used the random gen system to determine it's look in the first place, results also may vary on the color. Ex: Bloodplate is bright red, glamered cosmetic bloodplate is light flesh color... Not bad, but not what I wanted.

cdbd3rd
09-30-2014, 06:12 AM
About this. I have one of the old armor skins, unused, in the bank. Will I be able to copy this look from the skin?

See post #62 above.

...and no answer I've seen yet as to whether it might become functional in the future.

Zoda
10-01-2014, 02:37 AM
http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p548/Zoda27/ScreenShot00142_zps370fc6d1.jpg (http://s1155.photobucket.com/user/Zoda27/media/ScreenShot00142_zps370fc6d1.jpg.html)

Maybe test your miracles before you ask money for them. I just paid for a broken product, if I did it in a real shop I'd get my money back. Getting a bit fed up with bugs.

Talon_Moonshadow
10-01-2014, 05:00 AM
btw, after you fix this....

can you add cosmetic shields? Please! Please. please!

(and maybe weapons... )

Cordovan
10-01-2014, 10:33 AM
http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p548/Zoda27/ScreenShot00142_zps370fc6d1.jpg (http://s1155.photobucket.com/user/Zoda27/media/ScreenShot00142_zps370fc6d1.jpg.html)

Maybe test your miracles before you ask money for them. I just paid for a broken product, if I did it in a real shop I'd get my money back. Getting a bit fed up with bugs.

It looks like there is an Armor Appearance Kit on the Cormyrian Red Dragonplate, which is what is preventing you from being able to use the Mirror of Glamering on it. You'll need to get an Armor Appearance Kit remover, if you want to Glamer the core look of the Dragonplate. It is not currently possible to make a cosmetic out of the old Armor Appearance Kits, sorry. I did check, though, and was able to make the Dragonplate on my admin:

https://www.ddo.com/sites/default/files/Cormyrianplate.jpg

Jappy
10-01-2014, 04:47 PM
When will lammina be back up?

Cordovan
10-01-2014, 04:48 PM
When will lammina be back up?

Lamannia will most likely return for Update 24.

UurlockYgmeov
10-02-2014, 02:29 AM

be kind - drop us some hints! ;p

Jappy
10-02-2014, 07:16 AM
When will u24 come out I'm really ready for laminate.

Livmo
10-02-2014, 12:16 PM

I prepped for this and kept an eye on random loot gen robes (and other armors) and built a nice clutch to glamor from. Also, I dug out my old armors you don't see anymore and centralized them on a bank toon. I was surprised to see the old and new random loots looked allot nicer that some of my named.

Delacroix21
10-02-2014, 09:08 PM

Is it possible to just leave it up? Its a great place to test builds! Thats why I hate seeing it down =(

Jappy
10-02-2014, 09:20 PM
I'm feeling you I really wanna test out. Build right now and I have no idea when it will be up????

davmuzl
10-09-2014, 06:17 AM
I don't know if this has been adressed so far- would the copy of a greatsword/falchion/greatclub work with a greataxe/maul?

Cordovan
10-09-2014, 09:50 AM
The following changes were made after today's hotfix:

Corrected an issue that was causing some cosmetic armors to not display properly after being created with a Mirror of Glamering. NOTE: This fix is not able to be made retroactive, so players who have created a cosmetic armor with the Mirror of Glamering and are not satisfied with the resulting cosmetic should contact support either in-game or through support.turbine.com.

Fixed an issue that could cause the absolute minimum level of an armor to be retained when making a cosmetic armor using the Mirror of Glamering. This will retroactively fix cosmetic armors with minimum levels.

Reeze
10-10-2014, 05:18 PM

If you had purchased one of the old single use armor appearence kits and still have it in your inventory,
you can still apply it.
You cannot glamour it by itself.
If its already been deployed on an armor, you still cannot glamour it.
Any armor with an older appearence kit cannot even be put in the window - it spits it out.
(you do not lose the the mirror in any of these cases)
The race limitation is still in place, no cosplay on racially limited armors - Shadarki, heroics, etc..

G_Lich
10-14-2014, 01:51 PM
Since this is a higher traffic area I thought I'd drop the idea here... If the crew ever gets around to implementing individual sprite effects for weapons the old celestia rainbow fountain would earn my $$$. I've made thunderforged orb and shuriken on my caster just because it looks like shadow hands. Effects like these keep F2P games going, I know team fortress 2 makes weapons fairly easy to get but their ingame store is practically all pure cosmetics. I blew through 4k AS just getting 2 thinking caps, I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes playing dress up with their GI Joes. Any plans on more effect types after weapons? Dye kits? Customizable kits (build your own look with parts)? Looking forward to seeing this wing of DDO given more attention. The armor kits have been super fun, I have a reason to loot bad greens now :p

MangLord
10-15-2014, 05:42 PM
I farmed out a Silken Mail this life, which is easily the most time sustained time I've spent rerunning Chamber of Raiyum ever, just to glamer it. I've gotten several suits over the years, but it was never so important to me until now. I always loved the look, but the effect was fleeting. I have my super pretty chainmail dress look permanently, and I'm very happy. Two thumbs up for the mirror!

ps...is it possible to glamer the random Vet2 status chainmail dress when you roll up a new ranger or rogue? It may be identical to Silken Mail, but I always liked it. Every so often I leave the ship with a metal robe, and I hate to give it up.

Cordovan
10-15-2014, 06:23 PM
I farmed out a Silken Mail this life, which is easily the most time sustained time I've spent rerunning Chamber of Raiyum ever, just to glamer it. I've gotten several suits over the years, but it was never so important to me until now. I always loved the look, but the effect was fleeting. I have my super pretty chainmail dress look permanently, and I'm very happy. Two thumbs up for the mirror!

ps...is it possible to glamer the random Vet2 status chainmail dress when you roll up a new ranger or rogue? It may be identical to Silken Mail, but I always liked it. Every so often I leave the ship with a metal robe, and I hate to give it up.

Yes, you should be able to glamer any armor in the game, unless there's an in-quest-only armor I can't think of.

LrdSlvrhnd
11-16-2014, 03:39 AM
Just tried playing with the Mirror of Glamering and... uh... the new thingie, the weapon aura thingie. Dunno of it's because they're named or what, but I tried to glamer Celestia and a Star of Day (the one you can get with cleric comms), and the aura thingie did *not* remove the aura... quite. The Star of Day I used was a flamey one; the glamered and aura-removed gave it a PG/Holy aura. With Celestia it just did nothing at all. I tried changing the effect for Celestia to a few different kinds, but nothin' doin'. I used the same base glamer, don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Didn't try beyond that because I was too annoyed and sleepy to continue.

To try to make more clear:

-Glamered Star of Day (one with Flaming Burst/Fiery Detonation)
--Aura Thingie'd Glamered Star of Day: "Remove": Now has a PG/Holy look.
(EDIT: Actually, it might be a light effect from Brilliance? Not sure if there's a difference. Looked like PG/Holy but I didn't give it a great gander beyond "dangit, still has an aura!")

-Glamered Celestia (Base out of the box; no upgrades)
--Aura Thingie'd Glamered Celestia: "Remove" - no difference.
--Re-Aura Thingie'd *same* Glamered Celestia: "Shadow" - no difference
--Re-Re-Aura Thingie'd *same* Glamered Celestia: "Acid" - no difference.

-Signed off in frustration & annoyance.

vryxnr
11-19-2014, 01:43 AM
Yes, you should be able to glamer any armor in the game, unless there's an in-quest-only armor I can't think of.

Only thing I can think of is a shield (which is probably not considered an armor by the game at all, at least not like normal armors are, but in my head I see shields as both weapons and armor at the same time).
Namely, the Shield of the Azure Valkyrie from Part 1 of The Shroud. Which is a shame, as I'd love to be able to make a cosmetic of that. ^_^

Cordovan
11-19-2014, 10:13 AM

You should be able to Glamer that random Veteran Status II chainmail.

Just tried playing with the Mirror of Glamering and... uh... the new thingie, the weapon aura thingie. Dunno of it's because they're named or what, but I tried to glamer Celestia and a Star of Day (the one you can get with cleric comms), and the aura thingie did *not* remove the aura... quite. The Star of Day I used was a flamey one; the glamered and aura-removed gave it a PG/Holy aura. With Celestia it just did nothing at all. I tried changing the effect for Celestia to a few different kinds, but nothin' doin'. I used the same base glamer, don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Didn't try beyond that because I was too annoyed and sleepy to continue.

To try to make more clear:

-Glamered Star of Day (one with Flaming Burst/Fiery Detonation)
--Aura Thingie'd Glamered Star of Day: "Remove": Now has a PG/Holy look.
(EDIT: Actually, it might be a light effect from Brilliance? Not sure if there's a difference. Looked like PG/Holy but I didn't give it a great gander beyond "dangit, still has an aura!")

-Glamered Celestia (Base out of the box; no upgrades)
--Aura Thingie'd Glamered Celestia: "Remove" - no difference.
--Re-Aura Thingie'd *same* Glamered Celestia: "Shadow" - no difference
--Re-Re-Aura Thingie'd *same* Glamered Celestia: "Acid" - no difference.

-Signed off in frustration & annoyance.

Thank you very much for the report. It's been passed along to the proper folks.

IronClan
11-19-2014, 07:32 PM
Only thing I can think of is a shield (which is probably not considered an armor by the game at all, at least not like normal armors are, but in my head I see shields as both weapons and armor at the same time).
Namely, the Shield of the Azure Valkyrie from Part 1 of The Shroud. Which is a shame, as I'd love to be able to make a cosmetic of that. ^_^

Glamer "Arondi" Necro shield of ledgend turn in, as far as I can tell they are the same, I don't recall the Azure Valkyrie shield being a different color. Though I do kind of remember them being slightly different sizes.
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Arrondi
http://ddowiki.com/page/Shield_of_the_Azure_Valkyrie

The shroud version looks a little purple/blue but that is I think the colored lighting in that area. and the size difference could just be warforged holding it instead of the elf in the first pic.

You know what would be really nice and worth paying for? A glamer that hues things different shades. or lets you scroll through textures to apply different colors below the items bump map or reflection map.

Aelonwy
11-20-2014, 04:03 PM
$$$ for armor/shield dye sure. Doubt they could get it to work based on my understanding of how armor is put together though.

Seikojin
11-20-2014, 04:09 PM
I can confirm: Aura glamoring does not work on Celestia. However other weapons I have worked fine with it.

vryxnr
11-20-2014, 04:43 PM
Glamer "Arondi" Necro shield of ledgend turn in, as far as I can tell they are the same, I don't recall the Azure Valkyrie shield being a different color. Though I do kind of remember them being slightly different sizes.
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Arrondi
http://ddowiki.com/page/Shield_of_the_Azure_Valkyrie

The shroud version looks a little purple/blue but that is I think the colored lighting in that area. and the size difference could just be warforged holding it instead of the elf in the first pic.

You know what would be really nice and worth paying for? A glamer that hues things different shades. or lets you scroll through textures to apply different colors below the items bump map or reflection map.

Thanks, I had totally missed that one (was mostly looking at tower shields). And I agree about the hues. I am all for more options for customizing ones looks. :)

*will try to not post more off topic posts now*

^_^

davmuzl
11-21-2014, 02:46 AM
Not sure if this was ever mentioned before, but greatswords and falchions are not the same kind of weapon like greataxes and mauls.

lotsfan
11-21-2014, 11:19 PM
Because of the grip positioning on maul/axe vs greatsword/falchion it heavily distorts the cosmetic weapons look and animation when being swung.

falchion/greatsword cosmetic needs to when equipping an axe/maul use the "your cosmetic weapons do not match your equipped weapons, normal weapons will be shown". I just tested it and if you equip a cosmetic axe then equip a greatsword the message does show. However if you equip a greatsword and a cosmetic maul, a distortion happens instead of the message.

Psiandron
12-12-2014, 01:05 PM
I didn't go to Lama this time and so didn't realize until u24 hit live what was going on with the mirror and weapons.

I was really looking forward to the chance to change the appearance of a couple of my long swords. I really don't like the way the Timeblade and the Mournelode long sword look. It's not even the fantasy styling, it's just that they are too big for the weapon type which makes them look goofy, imo. And they look like plastic, while other long swords do actual have the appearance of metal.

Anyway, what I was hoping for was something that functioned the way that the old armor appearance kits used to work, not a blanket cosmetic.

I don't know about anyone else, but I actually use the sword's appearance as a crutch. It gives me an easy way to tell if I'm correctly armed.

For example, I carry the timeblade around on one of my characters during his entire lifetime(s). It's his featherfall item. However, after level 8 I really don't want to use it in combat. I just have better weapons at that point. My plan was to alter it's appearance to that of a TF long sword, which also has a distinctive if much more pleasant, imo, look.

So, is there any chance of something like that coming to pass?

AAH
12-13-2014, 04:19 AM
A bit disappointed with the new weapon glamering thing.

First up - what's the point of having a glamered weapon when it has to match the weapon in your hand. If I can glamer full plate for my outfit wearing wizard and look kick arse, why can't I appear to be holding a staff if I have a sceptre/orb combo? Cosmetic right ? It's like saying to someone you can only wear this long hair wig IF you already have long hair.

Secondly - I glamered my nether orb and added some flame and nada. zip. nothing different. So I burnt another 95 points and tried electric. Still nothing different. 435 points all up (mirror + 2 aura) for nothing.

Certainly sucked some points out of me with all of this (because it's poorly explained). Love the armour cosmetics; works great, but weapon wise .. pointless really (no TP pun intended).

Krelar
12-13-2014, 10:16 AM
First up - what's the point of having a glamered weapon when it has to match the weapon in your hand. If I can glamer full plate for my outfit wearing wizard and look kick arse, why can't I appear to be holding a staff if I have a sceptre/orb combo? Cosmetic right ? It's like saying to someone you can only wear this long hair wig IF you already have long hair.

My guess would be that the restriction has to do with the different attack animation the different styles have. It would have to use the attack style of the glamoured item, which would lead to people glamouring whichever attack style was the fastest, while using whichever weapon gives the most damage per hit.

JOTMON
01-02-2015, 11:11 PM
Since I couldn't find any previews. I bought the whole lot.. Thunder-forged Falchion, Weapon Aura's

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r671/JOTMON/ScreenShot00574_zpsff94ec3c.jpg~original

Icons need some work.... no indication of what is on these aura..

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r671/JOTMON/ScreenShot00590_zpsbc701c7a.jpg~original

Seikojin
01-04-2015, 02:05 PM
Since I couldn't find any previews. I bought the whole lot.. Thunder-forged Falchion, Weapon Aura's

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r671/JOTMON/ScreenShot00574_zpsff94ec3c.jpg~original

Icons need some work.... no indication of what is on these aura..

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r671/JOTMON/ScreenShot00590_zpsbc701c7a.jpg~original

Thanks for the preview screenshots! Also there are some bugs to note:
1. The auras do not always appear. I don't mind shadow not always being around my swords, but at times it is just the blade animations.
2. You cannot use bulk amounts. It will consume all the glamour aura items on one cosmetic item.

JOTMON
01-05-2015, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the preview screenshots! Also there are some bugs to note:
1. The auras do not always appear. I don't mind shadow not always being around my swords, but at times it is just the blade animations.
2. You cannot use bulk amounts. It will consume all the glamour aura items on one cosmetic item.

1. I found this out as well, I can still see my aura's, but others see me swinging with out a weapon.
Once I un-equip and re-equip the weapon it re-establishes visual for other players..

This bug could be a feature if Dev's rework this.. I would love to have this option so I didn't have to see other peoples cuti-pets in quests/raids.

2. Didn't have this issue.. fortunately for me.. I had a stack of 10 Aura's that I was applying to the glamered weapons I hadn't done yet.

Zoda
03-23-2015, 09:34 PM
double post again... delete pls

ugh...

Zoda
03-23-2015, 09:36 PM
Few things:

You can use glammered 2hf swords when you have a maul equipped which results in very weird animation.
You can use glammered 2hf mauls when you have a sword equipped which reults in very wierd animation.
You can not use a glammered 2hf maul when you have an axe equipped which is very weird as axe and maul have matching animation.

Some weapons are not compatible with the glammered weapon effects (which is very annoying). Terror is an example.

edrein
03-24-2015, 07:52 AM
Could we finally see the collector's edition Shadar-Kai outfit be enabled for other races? At the very least allow regular humans to use it, as there is little visual difference between the skeleton for Shadar-Kai and Human. (Perhaps there are some physicals differences I'm missing.)

I know I'm personally still a bit annoyed over that last minute change that made my new cosmetic useless except for one single race. I know it'd take some art assets, but please allow us to use it on every race like the Wilderness armor from MoTU.

LightBear
03-26-2015, 08:20 AM
The vendor in Rest Stop sells a torch that's needed to open the secret door.
It's also a weapon that drops on leaving the adventure.
I did a glamor on it.

Sadly the glamor also drops on leaving the adventure?

edrein
03-26-2015, 08:44 AM
The vendor in Rest Stop sells a torch that's needed to open the secret door.
It's also a weapon that drops on leaving the adventure.
I did a glamor on it.

Sadly the glamor also drops on leaving the adventure?

If you want a torch you can glamor the Drowned Priest Club from epic Three Barrel Cove.

LightBear
03-26-2015, 06:46 PM
If you want a torch you can glamor the Drowned Priest Club from epic Three Barrel Cove.
Yes, thx. I'll set out to acquire it sometime and glam it once I have enough tp.

Was more a question to see if anybody else had experienced such a thing or if the defs are aware of glamored "drops on exit" items.
I doubt anybody wants to spend their tp just to see it vanish into thin air on leaving the quest.