PDA

View Full Version : AA or DWS ??

pappo
08-27-2014, 01:24 PM
With all the new Updates up to the forthcoming U23, I wondered what the thinking is in the Ranger community between AA and DWS.
What does better ranged DPS ?
If anyone knows an example build, please provide the link.

Thanks

IIVIIotha
10-10-2014, 01:49 AM
With all the new Updates up to the forthcoming U23, I wondered what the thinking is in the Ranger community between AA and DWS.

Thanks

What about "Both" mix whit tempest and h/elf tree u have a bad ass build just sayin!! I played as an AA for a while it get pretty boring always range u know.. Dws its more for a rogue type of ranger: buffs for hiding and sneaking, sniper shots,sneak die's, sneak damage hes good at this a does a lot of damage tho but AA its more like a robin hood the guy who help the other guys so u get: returning arrows, buffs for ur arrows a lot of them !! ,the famous slayer arrow (mix that whit adrenaline,manyshot &some damage boost and waht ever u can mix whit this..) im still a noob tho.. goodluck man!

Grailhawk
10-10-2014, 09:56 AM
If you are Ranged Slayer Arrows + Sniper Shot are the two key abilities you are looking for so you end up more invested in AA then Deepwood.

If you are Melee Tempest Tier 5's + Sniper Shot is the better choice.

Deepwood is the second tree for both melee and ranged Rangers it has some nice stuff but nothing that screams take me I'm the better tree.

Tilomere
10-29-2014, 05:01 AM

Thanks

I like DWS. It is good enough with a small investment and still lets you take a T5 elsewhere. Here is an example build (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/444046-Work-in-progress-Critzilla/page5).